[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Villain Thread..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 12
File: wtf.jpg (493 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
493 KB, 1632x1224
Villain and guys we want to get.

I lost it when I saw they didn't make a Doomsday figure from the SvB movie but instead made "Bat Thing" figure.

I think we should make these threads on the off chance that some corporate guy may actually listen to the consumers.
>>
MCU CROSSBONES
>>
>>5654663
>dies 10 mins into movie

can he have an exploding gimmick?
>>
>>5654673
He can be a BAF.
>>
>>5654677
kek
it too bad too. i really liked his little power fist things.

i don't know why but i kinda do want a mcu zemo figure. just plain clothes dude.
>>
>>5654652
>All of those Batman figures

I STILL haven't seen a Multiverse Wonder Woman at retail.
>>
Why is it only in the last few years that companies aren't making figures of villains? I mean back in the day you had TMNT and Power Rangers providing some villains toys for kids to fight, and Transformers always seemed to have a balance between when Autobots and Decepticons got released. Now take a look at Age of Extinction, where we got plenty of Autobots and Dinobots, but only Galvatron and Lockdown (And Stinger if you count walmart exclusives) for Decepticons.
>>
>>5655332
Power Rangers has been getting lots of villains again in the last couple years.
>>
>>5655338
The most recent line especially was flooded with villains suddenly.

Hasbro keeps using some tired old line that "bad guys don't sell" which makes no sense because bad guys are always the most wanted and hardest to find. Even in the GI Joe line which actually has evil troopers of every type, they often just did 1 per case while x2 or x3 the main hero.

Someone at Mattel must have taken BvS too literally for their to be no Doomsday. Facebook Lex is a fucking joke.
>>
>>5654652
I loved the look of Yellowjacket in Ant-Man. Nebula and Ronan too.
>>
File: Yellowjacket_close.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2155) Image search: [Google]
Yellowjacket_close.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2155
>>5654663
MCU YELLOWJACKET

Seriously though, they shouldn't let such a good design go to waste.
>>
File: doombot.jpg (58 KB, 583x720) Image search: [Google]
doombot.jpg
58 KB, 583x720
I gotta ask just how many kids even buy multiples of main heroes like Supes, Spider, Bat and Cap.

If you had 4-7 of each wouldn't the kid want a cool villain. Star Wars doesn't seem to have this problem.

In the end isn't a cool design something people want whether the character is good, bad or even neutral?
>>
How come TDK Joker keep getting figures, but almost no high quality figure of Bane ?
>>
>>5655595
To be fair, Spiderman Legends had more villains released than heroes. The entire rouge gallery is available, from Green Goblin, Venom, Dr. Ock, Carnage, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Electro, Vulture, Kraven, and so on

Captaom America and Ironman don't have as iconic of a rogue gallery compared to Spiderman
>>
>>5655628
Tom Hardy didn't die of a drug overdose
>>
>>5655659
Yet.
>>
>>5655628
Because movie bane is fucking terrible

>b-but muh memes for uuuuu!!!!!

Fuck off. Bane will always be best as a luchador.
>>
>>5655595
As a kid, the reason I used to buy more villains than heroes. Hell I sometimes have to force myself to get one hero just so my villains have something to beat down and then have them beaten up in turn.
>>
File: mY sENTINELS.jpg (61 KB, 589x432) Image search: [Google]
mY sENTINELS.jpg
61 KB, 589x432
>>5656151
There are villains, heroes, troops that you can't have too many of....
Ultron- More Ultrons the better
Stormtroopers- because one or two is sad.
Iron Man- Maybe they are remote piloted

X-men Sentinels are always awesome.

I wanted a series where you could BAF Ultron, Sentinels. Mix and Match even with Iron man.

Literally buy packs of parts. If they were 6" series you could use it for dioramas of both sizes.
>>
File: 4688278646_97e2f6bbb6.jpg (67 KB, 332x288) Image search: [Google]
4688278646_97e2f6bbb6.jpg
67 KB, 332x288
>>5656151
Same here. It's always a much better battle in my mind when there are more villains than heroes.
>>
It's kept my toy collecting in line since the villains are usually the only ones I get from a line.

Going back to PR I am surprised the line is full of villains this year. The apps suck but it's heartening to see so many villains. If only they would put out Deathryuger/ Navy Ranger.I'd also kill for them to go back and produce villains from previous shows.

It's just the opposite of Transformers where there are shit tons of villains but you don't see them represented in toy form.
>>
Villains who had a combat role still get their figures made.

"Mastermind" types though always get's shafted because presumably kiddies are too stupid to think of a smart plot for these types of villain. As a kid playing with 90's cartoon spiderman toys I sorely miss Jonah Jameson, he's so prominent in the cartoon as probably almost the main ""villain"" yet no toys of him
>>
>>5655403
Mattel does this too with the WWE line
they do the "Divas don't sell" line so there is usually 1 diva figure for every 3 John Cena/Undertaker/ect.
which of course as you put it:
"which makes no sense because (figure X) are always the most wanted and hardest to find."
and if you go on places like Ebay its all
$36/$49/$53 for like the newest one released.
plus they want $20-30 for shipping.
I remember asking someone why the shipping was so high and they told me half of the shipping cost was actually a "Finders Fee"
so this asshat was charging people a fee for him finding the figure.
>>
>>5655301
I've found exactly one. It was hidden at the back of a peg with a single Aquaman. The rest of the pegs were covered in BvS Batman in both forms and Zero Year Batman, with maybe two Cavil Superman and a Calvin Kent.
>>
>>5656243
I wouldn't mind packs of villains or army builder type characters. Hasbro could just sell them on HTS if they wanted. I'd buy a few for sure. Movie villains, etc. Some chitauri or ultron drones would be cool.
>>
>>5655403
>Hasbro keeps using some tired old line that "bad guys don't sell" which makes no sense because bad guys are always the most wanted and hardest to find

lol wut. The origin of that line comes from Hasbro explaining why they chose to release Eenrgon Megatron/Galvatron as a large $40 figure, while Takara had a smaller version at the $30 price point. The line was in regards to Japan, not America.. Hasbro's always doing villain figures.

>>5655332
>. Now take a look at Age of Extinction, where we got plenty of Autobots and Dinobots, but only Galvatron and Lockdown (And Stinger if you count walmart exclusives) for Decepticons.

That was mainly due to the plot only really having two or three Decepticon characters.Sure there were the drones, too, but they where probably meant for later waves as to keep the movie's plot under wraps, and they (wisely) decided to end the movie line early in favor of combiner wars. And now we have CW with the biggest release of last year being a Decepticon box set.
>>
It's a problem when your villain is just a handsome man in regular clothes...
>>
File: MalBaby.jpg (6 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
MalBaby.jpg
6 KB, 188x268
>>5656707
If Thor or Hulk was there they would have stopped him!!

Also still want a Malekith figure!!
>>
>>5656243

Hero Mashers dude
>>
>>5656689

Exactly. We got Menasor, Devastator, and Bruticus, and we're getting all the rebirth head and target masters along with Galvatron.

Even in RID we're getting a ton of bad guys in every size class.

Marvel wise we have almost have a wave of Legends each time as villains. Whirlwind, Zemo, Blizzard, Beetle, Jacko, Speed Demon... and they're all pegwarming anyway.

And Star Wars has Kylo and First Order shit everywhere.
>>
>>5657605

almost have *HALF* a wave
>>
>>5657594
Yeah, with more detail. Pipes and guns! Shit like that!
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (155 KB, 914x633) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
155 KB, 914x633
>>5657590
I want a Kurse figure.
>>
File: 1374448594831.jpg (379 KB, 600x1073) Image search: [Google]
1374448594831.jpg
379 KB, 600x1073
>>5657763
You got a Kurse figure...
>it was sad I admit but you did get one.
>>
>>5657590
>Wanting a figure of legitimately the worst villain in the entire series
C'mon man. He was pathetic and had nothing going for him.
>>
File: 1974223-hulk_nul.png (2 MB, 919x987) Image search: [Google]
1974223-hulk_nul.png
2 MB, 919x987
>>5658438
He had "THE VOICE!!"
>I am weak like that.... also he had Thor's mom killed and lets be honest she was a total bitch.

Also I want these guys...
>>
>>5658459
>also he had Thor's mom killed
Yeah. HAD her killed. He basically did nothing for himself, almost everything that happened on his side was one of his mooks.
>>
>>5655628
He's a big guy. They'd have to use a lot more plastic.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.