[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you rate Kre-O's dungeons and dragons sets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (890 KB, 1890x2046) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
890 KB, 1890x2046
How do you rate Kre-O's dungeons and dragons sets?
>>
I can't say that I've messed around with any of them but from the picture they look kinda bad
>>
File: IMG_11023.jpg (183 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11023.jpg
183 KB, 1200x900
I was fortunate in that Dollarama here dumped a bunch of one of the blind bag series for a buck each and I scooped up all I could find, found them to be pretty cool. Kinda regret not trying the line earlier but at the same time I didn't feel they were worth the original asking price.
>>
Kre-O is pretty shitty, to be honest. There's a reason it was almost perpetually on clearance, and just slowly phased out of existence at retail.

It was probably the worst non-bootleg "not-LEGO" on the market.
>>
File: IMG_6400.jpg (159 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6400.jpg
159 KB, 1200x900
>>5659028
I think that's a bit harsh, the quality is roughly on par with Mega Bloks and their minifig design is pretty good with the additional points of articulation over a Lego fig. Their real problem was trying to compete with those arch-rivals with a limited range of licenses, Battleship, GI Joe and Star Trek just couldn't hold up against the likes of Star Wars and Halo. The set designs weren't the best either so by the time they were making the D&D attempt it was too late really to win a share of the market, didn't help that the line it apparently was meant to compete with (MB's WoW) tanked from lack of interest.

>also minifig-scale bat'leths
>>
File: 81tm0FM9tzL._SL1500_.jpg (213 KB, 1500x1009) Image search: [Google]
81tm0FM9tzL._SL1500_.jpg
213 KB, 1500x1009
>>5654029
Did they even have dragons, like the WoW mega bloks? or was it mostly >>5658980 ?
>>
File: IMG_10019c.jpg (142 KB, 1596x462) Image search: [Google]
IMG_10019c.jpg
142 KB, 1596x462
>>5659041
From a little searching around it doesn't look like there were any actual dragons in the line, not exactly points in their favor. One would think they had plans for later waves but we'll never know I guess.
>>
>>5659028
>>5659034
In some respects I agree but not all bricks were created equal. The flat pieces were actually really nice looking and held together very well. the regular bricks were meh but the flat pieces were god awful.
>>
>>5659058
>flat
I mean the smooth pieces were good but the flat bricks with studs sucked
>>
>>5659034

Coincidentally, the minifigures might be what I hated most about Kre-O. They were terrible, both by design, as well as QC standards.

The only Kreon minifigures that looked good were the Transformers ones, which I admit, looked pretty nice. And that's due to the minifigure body being really blocking and robotic looking. For normal humans? They looked like garbage.

At one point, I actually had maybe two dozen Kre-O Transformer sets, and at least 150 of the minifigures. There was no such thing as a "good example" of a Kreon. Every one of them was fucked up in some way. Horrible decal/paint aps. Skewed faces. Cracked/broken arm sockets where the hands plugged in. Floppy arms/legs because the ball joints were improperly molded, or somehow worn right out of the box.

They were just deformed looking LEGO minifigures. It wasn't like MegaBloks, where the minifigures are their own unique thing. Kreons were just LEGO men with funky proportions, shitty paint, and only marginally better joint setups.

The actual bricks and pieces were passable, I guess. I remember getting one Transformer set that looked like someone must have dumped actual sand into the plastic mix, or dropped the pieces on the floor and kicked them around, because they had literal sand and dirt in them.

Kre-O was also a Hasbro property, which is why the only noteworthy things they had were Transformers, GI Joe, Etc. that they were already making toys of. Then they had other retarded stuff like Battleship. Kre-O would have sunk before it barely had gotten off the ground were it not for Transformers. And that only kept it alive for maybe 4 or 5 years, or whatever.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.