[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for some suggestions. I haven't had a Transformer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 46
I'm looking for some suggestions. I haven't had a Transformer since I was a kid and I've been on a robot binge lately and I wanted to grab a figure. I'm not too well versed in the world of Transformers and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good figure or 2 to start off with. Something not super expensive, and preferably something a bit different than a bulky rectangle full of kibble with a chiseled man face.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
Normally I'd never recommend bootlegs, but the KOs of the Masterpiece cars that you can find on eBay are great for the price. About $30 shipped.

If you want something more experimental, try out some of the movie of TFPrime stuff. If you don't mind the stylized look, TF Animated toys are also nice. You'll have to buy most of these on line since they'd out of production, but they can be found for cheap usually. I'd recommend TF Movie Wreckage, Revenge of the Fallen Mindwipe, Skystalker, Prime Soundwave, Vehicon, Animated Prowl and Jazz
>>
>>5646791
Nice, thanks for the heads up. I'm looking at a bunch of them right now.
>>
One of the best figures in recent years is Generations Springer, which also got remolded into Sandstorm. Both are cheap and absolutely worth your attention
>>
>>5646953

First Edition Voyager Bulkhead or Prime are great. The PRID Vehicon is also cool. Some of the generations stuff was suggested like Springer/Sandstorm. Combiner wars isn't the best time to hop into an official line given how much of a step down the bots are, but headmasters are back next year.

You can also go unofficial and third party, but they tend to be expensive. Their are some god tier KOs like Wei Jang's tweaked and upsized evasion movie prime. Right now tiny pocket sized are the current hotness.

Also Machine Robo is coming back with a line of unconventional transforming robots. They're almost about to drop and aren't too expensive.
>>
File: tcju03.jpg (100 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tcju03.jpg
100 KB, 640x480
>>5647193
Almost all the First Editions were amazing. Cliffjumper was excellent, and that Starscream mold is probably my favorite TF mold ever.
>>
>>5647018
These are sick.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (152 KB, 1306x1190) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
152 KB, 1306x1190
It's been said, but yeah, Generations Springer
>>
File: masterpiece wheeljack 24.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece wheeljack 24.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
I'm really digging masterpiece wheeljack.
>>
Reveal the shield lugnut. You can get it for about thirty used, which is above retail, and 5 years old, but totally worth it
>>
MP reximus prime. The oversized grimlock, it's fucking amazing.

Fanstoys dinobots are made with love.
>>
File: DOTM_Skyhammer_toy.jpg (68 KB, 905x477) Image search: [Google]
DOTM_Skyhammer_toy.jpg
68 KB, 905x477
Skyhammer from Dark of the Moon is top tier.
>>
File: TAK12153.jpg (27 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
TAK12153.jpg
27 KB, 752x564
It's probably a little out of your price range (about $80US) but it's the Transformer I wanted since I was a child. It's perfect.
>>
>>5647619

and I realize this is completely counter to what you said you wanted.
>>
>>5647626
Haha, that's fine. I appreciate the input at least.
>>
File: leaderStarscream.jpg (167 KB, 1234x1600) Image search: [Google]
leaderStarscream.jpg
167 KB, 1234x1600
Leader Starscream is a great non-conventional robot. The shoulder crunch joints let you break up his wedge torso somewhat and give him creepy long reach.
>>
File: voyagerBludgeon.jpg (342 KB, 1000x706) Image search: [Google]
voyagerBludgeon.jpg
342 KB, 1000x706
This motherfucker is also pretty damn hardcore. The movie lines in general have had some good non-boxy designs.
>>
>>5647018
>>5647524
Do not fall for this. Springer is good in bot mode but absolute shit in the other two modes. The alt modes don't tab together well so it'll be a nightmare. Also, it came out after the whole less plastic debacle.

Try getting something older. The movie stuff is pretty good as many of the suggestions have said.
>>
>>5647697
I'd say, some of my favorite toys from the films are:

>ROTF Leader Optimus
>ROTF Voyager Mixmaster
>ROTF Voyager Long Haul
>ROTF Sideswipe (I actually like this version)
>ROTF Jolt
>DOTM Jolt
>Human Alliance Jazz
>Human Alliance Barricade
>Leader Starscream
>DOTM Topspin
>Voyager Blackout (pity about his size in robot mode)
>AOE Optimus (flat nose)
>AOE Dinobots (minus Grimlock)

I never managed to get both Leaders Sentinel Prime and Ironhide, as well as Human Alliance Soundwave. Were they any good?
>>
>>5646707
do you mind getting a KO/third party or would you prefer to be a purist Jasbro/Takara only?

this is important
>>
Springer is the last great Transformer Hasbro has made.
>>
>>5648025
perfectly fine with things outside takara/hasbro
>>
>>5647801
Someone sounds bitter. Mine has no issues with tabbing whatsoever except for a slight hinderance in trying to get the left arm to align with the shoulder tab in helicopter mode, which barely matters anyway since the elbow ratchets hold it where it is regardless.
>>
File: IFEvilLord.jpg (292 KB, 1297x1600) Image search: [Google]
IFEvilLord.jpg
292 KB, 1297x1600
>>5648078
If you're not opposed to Legends scale Iron Factory has been making cool stuff like their mini Overlord Evil Lord.

And by mini he's actually around 5 inches so he's big compared other legends.
>>
File: HS-1117_1z.jpg (285 KB, 1600x1392) Image search: [Google]
HS-1117_1z.jpg
285 KB, 1600x1392
>>5646707
>Something not super expensive, and preferably something a bit different than a bulky rectangle full of kibble with a chiseled man face.
This might be a good one, try Dark of the Moon Megatron, pic related, is very good. Very little kibble, gets a cloak, and a very underrated figure if you ask me. Because everyone hates movieverse stuff, he should be easy to get.

>>5647801
I agree, I got Springer, and I don't see what all the raving is about, I think he's pretty average.
>>
>>5646707

Generations Springer. Pretty cheap, and widely considered one of the best made Transformers in years.
>>
File: 20160320_191057.jpg (98 KB, 1434x806) Image search: [Google]
20160320_191057.jpg
98 KB, 1434x806
You could check out the current tv tie-in line, Robots In Disguise (not to be confused with the similarly subtitled RID line from 2001). There's some good toys in the Legion (3" tiny ones) and the Warrior (5" standard ones) classes.

They are not the best hasbro/takara have offered but they fit your bill well. Plus, they are readily available on the shelves.
>>
>>5648106
those rule pretty hard, but they're dang pricey for little guys. I understand that third party stuff gets a little expensive though.
>>
File: quakeblast3.jpg (332 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
quakeblast3.jpg
332 KB, 900x1600
Quakeblast is super good for the price. The actual figure is like, $50-60 (just the shipping from China will be a bit steepish).
>>
>>5648640
>and preferably something a bit different than a bulky rectangle full of kibble
>>
>>5648642
I hate bulky rectangles too (and naturally a lot of third party stuff), but I feel this one actually makes it work well.

Plus, look at those sexy legs. That curvature with those ankles, unf.
>>
>>5648648
>I feel this one actually makes it work well.

what does it turn into?
>>
>>5648650
A 1:1 laser pistol
>>
>>5648654
does op want a figure or a toy car that turns into a humanoid?
>>
>>5648658
I'm more concerned with the robot mode desu, the reason why I wanted a Transformer is because I already collect and build Gundam, I have a small collection of SRCs, and I have some other misc robots including super sentai stuff, and a couple Phone Braver transforming toys that I really dig. I just wanted to expand my collection and I really like the transformation gimmick with some of the TFs. So I want figures that will look good hanging out with all my other robots.
>>
>>5648669
oh 4chan's doing cool word filters again. Looks like "to be honest" is now "desu"
>>
This thread has been real helpful. I've got 4 figures in mind right now. Generations Springer and Sandstorm both look real nice, and Masterpiece Tracks and Wheeljack. Wheeljack is on the bulkier side, but he's got vibes of Mach Baron which I really like. Does anyone have any suggestions of smaller TFs to look at?
>>
Do they make a KO Masterpiece Soundwave?
>>
>>5648688

Depending what you like, MP-28 is amazing. Dat sleek car mode and super accurate robot mode is fucking great.

If you want to venture into the lands of "Why the shit is everything so expensive", the 3rd party MMC Hexatron is probably the best and most recommended 3P figure out there.
>>
>>5648688
Powercore Combiner core bots and their translucent little weapon buddies are fun smaller TFs

Movieverse had a lot of great smaller dudes like Breacher, Hubcap, that streetbike mold. RTS Windcharge is great.
>>
File: fracture.jpg (36 KB, 599x398) Image search: [Google]
fracture.jpg
36 KB, 599x398
>>5648688
>smaller TFs

This guy should be on shelves right now, and he is a glorious little motherfucker.
>>
>>5648784

Oh shit I'm retarded and missed the "smaller" part.

Legends class Powerglide/Viper, Cosmos, Shockwave, Swerve, Blackjack at all pretty nice.
>>
What's with the bad rap transfags get on /toy/? This thread is surprisingly helpful.
>>
>>5649316
I think it's self-loathing. Transformer forums can be pretty bad, but so are all collector's forums and fandoms. A lot of the hate here also tends to come from TF collections looking like "clusterfucks"; truth is a lot of /toy/ started collecting things like transformers and now have an elitist attitude because they see TFs as entry level.
>>
>>5648688
By smaller, do you mean class or actual size?

Animated Blurr is very poseable with a cool transformation and sleek car mode, but nigga's tall
>>
>>5648713
Soundrecorder / Armorraker
>>
File: OptimusRhyme.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
OptimusRhyme.png
1 MB, 900x900
>>5649316
>bad rap

What. The only bad part of the TF threads are the one or two Anon's who think screaming "TAKARA WINS' and posting the same 3 "meme" pics every thread are the height of trolling, rather than something everyone ignores between drooling over robots.
>>
>>5648020
>I never managed to get both Leaders Sentinel Prime and Ironhide, as well as Human Alliance Soundwave. Were they any good?
Leader Sentinel is pretty neat, back heavy, but neat.

The opening mouth gimmick is kinda lame, would have been better if it was just a ball jointed head. Still kinda disappointed it never got a APS release in movie colors.
>>
OP here, thanks for all the awesome suggestions. Payday is tomorrow, and tomorrow begins yet another downward spiral for me into a new line of toys.
>>
>>5650381

Just wait until you're dropping the dollar on stuff like this gorgeous piece of plastic.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014211
>>
File: Uranos3_1369754922.jpg (229 KB, 690x1035) Image search: [Google]
Uranos3_1369754922.jpg
229 KB, 690x1035
Thanks again for all the tips and suggestions everyone. I just pulled the trigger on a KO Masterpiece Wheeljack after watching a bunch of reviews. Next paycheck is going to be Springer. Does anyone here have any experience with the TFC Toys Harrier by any chance? He looks real cool, but I'm not sure I'm ready to drop $80 on a tf yet.
>>
>>5650381
Good luck on holding yourself back.

Honestly, I would recommend getting what you want, staying away from any TF release related things on the internet until you have more money.

It's an addiction.
>>
>>5652471

I started buying the TFC Aerialbots as they were coming out but ended up deciding they weren't worth it and selling them off before I ever got the complete set. I think I had all of them except for Silverbolt. They weren't bad in any significant way, but they were just kind of...ok.
>>
>>5652471

I don't think you would feel like you got $80 worth if you bought that figure. The price of those is MAYBE worth it if you get the whole combiner but it's not that great either. There's way better things you could get to be your first foray into spending that kind of money.
>>
>>5652471
all the Uranos figures are a very big Meh...
>>
>>5652478
I'm fully aware of how bad buying toys can get, my room is already full of thousands of dollars worth of action figures. This is just my first time getting a TF since I was a kid. I'm super picky anyway, which is why after hours of watching reviews and searching online I've only managed to find about 5 I really want.

>>5652488
>>5652500
>>5652525
Cool, thanks for the heads up guys.
>>
>>5647801
This. It's also made of a shitty soft plastic that sucks.

The FE toys are better.

>>5648106
Be careful with this one because his jet nosecone is designed to come off but doesn't.
>>
>>5652471

The only 3P combiner really worth the money in my mind is Feral Rex. The others are either plagued with problems (Shuraking, Quantron, Ares) or ugly as shit (Quantron, most of the Devastator ripoffs).

I wouldn't jump into that unless you hate having money, though.
>>
>>5652548

If you're super picky, have money to burn, and really want to try a 3P 'bot, get MMC's Hexatron. Best $130-140 you'll ever spend in terms of 3P quality.
>>
>>5652598
In all honesty, I just want him as a standalone figure. I just enjoy his proportions and sculpt as a robot more than anything. After watching the reviews his articulation looks a bit meh, and the fact that his hands are essentially stuck in place makes me not feel like spending more than $30 on something that I just think looks cool. If you know of any figures that look similar then I'm all ears.
>>
>>5652601
Not my style really. The one's I've gravitated towards are the simpler designs. I like slimmer bots as opposed to bulky ones. That's why I enjoy Springer and Sandstorm. Also their heads matter a lot to me. That's why I was so into the Harrier figure, his head reminds me of older Super Sentai Zords. I'm pretty much looking for a cool, relatively simple robot who happens to transform into a car or something neat, and doesn't have a head that looks like a man's face painted silver.
>>
File: UWAirialbots.jpg (164 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
UWAirialbots.jpg
164 KB, 1024x576
>>5652607

Well, that specific 3P toy, he is based off Slingslot/Quickslinger, who is part of the Aerialbots, the group that forms the Superion combiner.

Heres the full group, anything there you like?
>>
>>5652616
Yeah, I was checking those out, but they just don't do it for me really. There's just something about the tfc version.
>>
File: RevoltechZOE.jpg (412 KB, 2440x934) Image search: [Google]
RevoltechZOE.jpg
412 KB, 2440x934
>>5652612
>I like slimmer bots as opposed to bulky ones

How about some revoltech stuff?
>>
>>5652471
just get uw/cw superion.
>>
File: minoss.jpg (88 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
minoss.jpg
88 KB, 960x720
>>5652471

TFC's Not-Aerial bots are not worth it. You could probably get it super cheap second hand though. The jets from their Liokaiser guys are worlds better. There's a ton of good third party stuff you could pick up but it's a bit of a rabbit hole.
>>
File: toqoh.jpg (44 KB, 444x600) Image search: [Google]
toqoh.jpg
44 KB, 444x600
>>5652622
Nah, I've had a super grudge against Revoltech ever since I got Tetsujin when he first came out. Revoltech is kinda love/hate, and I'm more on the hate end of things. This figure is quite possibly one of my favorite things that I own, he was cheap and he's not that spectacular, but something about him is super appealing to me.
>>
>>5652630
I wish, I'm not opposed to second hand figures at all, but all I can find is sealed new stuff on ebay :\
>>
>>5652631

Well, early revo's were shit and had shit joints. The company had a major turnaround though at some point and now produces pretty good stuff and all the joints are usually rock solid.
>>
>>5652632

The not-Liokaiser guys are brand new is the thing. They haven't been out long enough for there to be a second hand market for'em.
>>
File: robofriends.jpg (492 KB, 1660x1212) Image search: [Google]
robofriends.jpg
492 KB, 1660x1212
I probably should have done this earlier, but these are some of my favorite robots figures that I own currently as a reference.

>>5652634
I'll admit I did begrudgingly buy some of the short lived Revolmini line, and I really liked them, but it's still hard for me to like toys that I find myself putting back together as I'm posing them.
>>
File: SB.jpg (234 KB, 1024x657) Image search: [Google]
SB.jpg
234 KB, 1024x657
>>5652632

Check forum B/S/Ts people were offloading TFC's stuff en mass before.

Another good piece of work are these not deluxe insecticon remolds from Fansproject. It always goes on sale because TFS can't get rid of them and they're pretty damn great.
>>
>>5648688
Personally, I really like Generations Brainstorm. The main figure is pretty large, but it has a special gimmick: It comes with a "headmaster," which is a tiny little robot man that transforms into the main robot's head. It's not the gold standard of posability, but it gets the job done, and its alt mode is bloody gorgeous.

If you're willing to shell out a little extra for Masterpieces, you may want to look at Star Saber, which features a similar gimmick, and also the ability to turn the core robot into the chest of an even larger robot that also has the potential to combine with yet another robot that hasn't been announced as part of the Masterpiece line yet. It's a bit of a complicated figure, but the main mode would fit right in with any Gundam or Brave collection if that's what you're into.
>>
>>5652844
Nice, 2 solid suggestions I've added to my list.
>>
File: Gigatron-Lance_1268834127.jpg (110 KB, 1000x785) Image search: [Google]
Gigatron-Lance_1268834127.jpg
110 KB, 1000x785
Surprised no one mentioned Gigatron/RiD Megatron, who you cans till get for round $20. Still one of the most unorthodox TF designs since he looks like an anime villain. He has a bunch of alt-modes, albeit abstractly done so some work better than others. his dragon, jet, and hand modes are the best.
>>
File: Brainstorm.jpg (245 KB, 739x960) Image search: [Google]
Brainstorm.jpg
245 KB, 739x960
>>5653003

Might want to hold off on Gen. Brainstorm. He has a slight problem with his headmaster (it can break), and theres going to be a new Brainstorm soon that'll also interact with the coming Titans Return line.
>>
>>5653234
The headmaster thing was only a early first production issue, was it not?
>>
>>5653240

Dunno, all I know is his headmaster head (aka: his neck) can snap, and then you've got problems.
>>
>>5653243
I've got one. The head isn't giving me any issues. Only problem I have with it is that one of the wrists is limp, so it can't hold anything without looking like a dumbass. I'll tighten it one day.
>>
>>5653243
It's an early production issue. Hasbro fixed it pretty quick.
>>
>>5653234
But the new Brainstorm is only going to be a half-assed re-shell of Blurr.
>>
File: ArkH.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
ArkH.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1476
>>5647715
Oh yeah, Bludgeon is a perfect TF. DOTM Skyhammer is another perfect TF, but Bludgeon is definitely better because he has swords!

I advise against Leader Starscream. There is a deluxe sized DOTM Starscream that is just as good at a much better price.

Pic related is pretty cool, but
>>
>>5653162
He's shit. I know because I got one as part of a lot. Didn't care for it. Didn't even feel like a transformer.
>>
>>5654650
>just as good

It's really good, but I wouldn't say it's exactly as good as the Leader. You definitely get your money's worth for the extra price on the big guy.
>>
>>5654651
>Didn't even feel like a transformer.

That's actually exactly why I like it. Like I said, it feels like a villain design from a Brave series. Besides,OP is asking for non-standard Transformers.
>>
Vector Prime is a nice one. Just make sure to get the Takara version from Galaxy Force, because the colors on that one are super classy. I'm not one of those JAPANESE SUPERIOR guys, but man, Hasbro really shit the bed on that one. Galaxy Force Vector Prime's gray, gold, and rich burgundy brown were perfect, and then for no apparent reason Hasbro changes the gray to white and the rich brown to almost black.
>>
File: battleunicorn.jpg (84 KB, 521x520) Image search: [Google]
battleunicorn.jpg
84 KB, 521x520
Also, Battle Unicorn is your tiny lord and master.
>>
>>5647697
>>5648020
Leader Starscream is nice, but I'd recommend DoTM deluxe Starscream. He's smaller, cheaper, easier to play with and transform. great in both modes.
>>
>>5657971
>easier to play with and transform
I will definitely give you that much, Leaderscream is a beast. If you want a figure you're going to pick up and play with a lot, get the deluxe. If you want a stunning display piece, the leader is worth investing in. It's pretty much a Masterpiece figure at less than half the price.
>>
I don't know if this is the best place to ask
does anyone know here how I can buy a
Bioman Godaikin 1984 from a Nip website?

I was thinking it will be cheaper there rather than Ebay.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (23 KB, 320x278) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
23 KB, 320x278
I'll bump this in hopes of maybe even more suggestions. Transformers have really grown on me and I'd like to get a few.
>>
>>5648784
Is that Rodimus/whatever his name was in your picture? Does he have many toys of him? I'm not op but as a kid I always wanted a toy of him and that one Japanese transformer that's basically like a tiny robot riding a bigger one. Star sabre I think?
>>
File: pepepepe.jpg (345 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
pepepepe.jpg
345 KB, 3000x1688
I want something with an old school Super Robot type face. So many TFs have really similar faces that are just kinda bleh. That's why this guy is so interesting to me, he doesn't look like a smug weird silver man, he just looks like a robot which is cool.
>>
>>5660865
>smug weird silver man
Fuck. Not gonna be able to unsee that.
>>
>>5660825

That is the new MP 28 Hotrod/Rodimus. Basically the best Hotrod figure you can get. He's around $70-80 bucks, came out recently. They also made a MP Starsaber, too, so you're in luck. But he costs around $150-200
>>
File: Unicron.jpg (267 KB, 900x676) Image search: [Google]
Unicron.jpg
267 KB, 900x676
>>5660865

See, this confuses me, because old school super robots frequently had emotionless silver faces.
>>
>>5660891
that's exactly what I'm looking for though. Big O is one of my favorite robots and his face is very human like, but it's emotionless. A lot of TFs look smug and weird.
>>
>>5660891
Also I really dig the mouthless look which is why I went with Wheeljack for my first TF. Robots like Getter 2, Getter 3, Ideon, Mach Baron, and Red Baron are some of my favorites, but figures of them kinda really blow.
>>
File: BruteLee.jpg (373 KB, 921x1235) Image search: [Google]
BruteLee.jpg
373 KB, 921x1235
>>5660895
>>5660901

Yeah, I dig faceplates on robots. Probably why Optimus is my favorite. Same for others with similar faces, like Bruticus.
>>
>>5660904
That's one big boy right there...
>>
File: ASmugPose.jpg (638 KB, 1753x1511) Image search: [Google]
ASmugPose.jpg
638 KB, 1753x1511
Could try Legends Cosmos and Powerglide, by the way. Both faceplated dudes with somewhat non-standard looks and they're both pretty cheap being Legends and all.

>>5660914

Yeah, combiners sit around 12 inches or so.
>>
>>5660884
Oh neat. Does the hotrod one have his weird RV attachment thing?
>>
File: RightInTheWallet.jpg (667 KB, 1589x2077) Image search: [Google]
RightInTheWallet.jpg
667 KB, 1589x2077
>>5660918

Nah, this one is strictly Hotrod before he became Rodimus. There was an earlier MP HR that had a Rodimus mode, but it had a ton of design flaws and is basically being replaced by this one.

There are 3rd Party Rodimus figures, though I'm uncertain of their quality.
>>
File: MP28Altmode.jpg (51 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
MP28Altmode.jpg
51 KB, 600x400
Oh, and heres MP28's alt mode.

It has super low clearance underneath his car mode though, they went full on sleek with him so don't expect him to roll on anything but flat surfaces.
>>
>>5660929
He looks so much like in the cartoon. I need it. Is it a small toy though?
>>
>>5660926
>3rd Party
>uncertain of their quality.

Their 3rd party and are therefore shit.
>>
>>5657881
He is a horseformer?
>>
File: 21731488346_bd2e0356a0_c.jpg (187 KB, 800x683) Image search: [Google]
21731488346_bd2e0356a0_c.jpg
187 KB, 800x683
>>5660895

What's wrong with smug?
>>
>>5661097
oh god get it away from me
>>
>>5660895
Well, Transformers are not emotionless robots.
>>
File: hot-rodimus-mp-28-172.jpg (81 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
hot-rodimus-mp-28-172.jpg
81 KB, 1200x900
>>5661345
But they're not all smug either.
>>
>>5661359
Hot Rodimus is definitely a prideful guy.

That facesculpt is absolutely gorgeous.
>>
File: buttboy.jpg (456 KB, 2925x1645) Image search: [Google]
buttboy.jpg
456 KB, 2925x1645
>>5661369
I would imagine based on his color scheme that he's a bit of a boasty boy, but something about that face doesn't scream "i'm super full of myself" which is nice. I also super dig Sandstorm's head. Things like this are what I'm looking for.
>>
>>5661369
Is Hot Rodimus just his not Rodimus Prime form?
>>
>>5661511
Yeah, it's just another name for Hot Rod. Used mainly in Nippon.

I prefer Hot Rodimus because Rodimus is pretty hot.
>>
>>5661055

No, he's about modern Voyager sized. So 7-ish inches tall I believe.
>>
>>5661386

Looked at Generations Springer yet? Sandstorm there is a remold of him.
>>
>>5662620
yeah, springer is cool, but i like Sandstorm's colors a lot more.
>>
Additional question. Do they ever restock MP figures? Because damn that Star Saber looks cool but I appear to have missed it
>>
>>5662982

Check BBTS, they have'em in stock I think. And yeah they do do reprints occasionally.
>>
>>5662982

Oh, and watch out if you buy off Amazon or eBay or some shit. It's been confirmed theres now chinese bootlegs of Starsaber circulating.
>>
File: alternators_ravage.jpg (322 KB, 1469x1102) Image search: [Google]
alternators_ravage.jpg
322 KB, 1469x1102
Still here, OP?

Would you be interested in a Jaguar (car) that turns into a jaguar (black cat thing)?
>>
File: battleunicornalt.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
battleunicornalt.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>5661095

He is a horseformer. And he is metal as hell.
>>
>>5662993
I was considering picking one up since I saw them for around ~$110. How may one discern what's real?

And anyway, failing that, is Generations Megatron (the stealth bomber one) worth it? I really like that alt mode and the rail gun works better than I thought it would, but the hollow legs are throwing me off and I was wondering if there were any QC issues
>>
>>5667327

If you see something suspiciously cheap, or it's from a chinese seller, chances are, it's a bootleg. This holds true for any item. If you want to skip russian roulette with sellers, just buy off TF Source or BBTS or something.

As for the stealth bomber Megs, I've got Dreadwing (same body, different head more or less) and he's decent. Not bad but not exceptional either. If theres any QC issues, I don't know. There could be, but mine doesn't seem to have any defects.
>>
>>5667335
Nevermind, found a cheap one on Mandarake and I know they're legit. Just gotta decide between it and Quakeblast for my first "expensive purchase", I guess.
>>
Thanks for showing me that Transformers are actually pretty sick. I got in KO Masterpiece Wheeljack today and he is real cool. It's like a really nice toy which is an awesome change of pace from most of the figures that I own which feel more fragile in comparison. I also went with my gut and got TFC Harrier because I couldn't get it out of my head. These guys will make a nice addition to my other robot friends.

>>5663004
I'm not much of an animal guy, sadly.
>>
>>5667353

Well, it's a brand thats stayed alive since the 80's. Theres a lot out there it can offer, and with the rampant 3P studios making unofficial stuff for it theres also a large side market for all tastes.
>>
File: aoeHound.jpg (332 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
aoeHound.jpg
332 KB, 3000x2250
Age of Extinction Hound is a solid figure, and his accessory loadout is insane for a Transformer. Two pairs of handguns, two shotguns, a huge triple-gatling, a combat knife, and they all combine into a single giant overkill rifle.
>>
>>5671262
Isn't WeiJiang (or whoever made that superior AOE Optimus) working on a Hound as well?

Might as well not bother with the original.
>>
>>5671262

Hasbro/Takara Roadbuster comes with a good amount of weapons too, and he's also non-standard looking. And pretty cheap to boot usually, I've seen him as low as $10 (his MSRP is $24) because he's a literal "Who?" character.
>>
File: Whirl_generations_voyager.jpg (133 KB, 900x521) Image search: [Google]
Whirl_generations_voyager.jpg
133 KB, 900x521
>>5671586
His buddy Whirl is is a great nonstandard too.
>>
File: movielandmine.gif (84 KB, 550x384) Image search: [Google]
movielandmine.gif
84 KB, 550x384
This guy is pretty swank. The working suspension in vehicle mode is a really nice touch.
>>
>>5678505
I feel like the first movie line is the most underrated. I actually prefer it to ROTF. it felt more traditional, but with interesting complexity and detail.
>>
The Wal-Mart exclusive deco of DOTM Sideswipe is so fucking good.
>>
File: walmartDOTMsideswipe.jpg (124 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
walmartDOTMsideswipe.jpg
124 KB, 1024x765
Forgot the pic, but just look at him. Gorgeous.
>>
File: walmartDOTMsideswipeALT.jpg (107 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
walmartDOTMsideswipeALT.jpg
107 KB, 1024x765
And the Corvette Stingray is a goddamn sexy car. I would go robosexual for this Sideswipe.
>>
>>5685860
>>5685862
I fucking love that mold. I got the exclusive deco and the Hasbro and Takara versions of the movie deco. I would have loved to have seen it in a sexy sportscar red, but dreams are dreams.
>>
File: bluestreak20[1].jpg (121 KB, 640x614) Image search: [Google]
bluestreak20[1].jpg
121 KB, 640x614
>>5685860
I've painted my fair share of gunpla but how would you even start with a transformer like pic related?
>>
>>5686415
I'd start by carefully disassembling it.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.