[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diecast question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-05-03_22.09.37.jpg (159 KB, 771x746) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03_22.09.37.jpg
159 KB, 771x746
I am in the philippines for a while living with my fiance. I started collecting some diecast airliners because I love aviation. Recently two of my airliners developed a "condition." This condition seems to have melted the paint on two of the airliners. Not the base color, like white or blue, but the features like windows, airline name, doors, small livery features, etc. I am able to pick these planes up and smear off the paint with my thumb. As far as I can figure there are three possible causes to this:

1) handling them caused the paint to melt, either due to body heat or the oils from my skin. This is unlikely because it has only happened to two I handled the least.

2) the constant heat melted them. My room is not air conditioned because the AC doesn't make it past the threshold of the bedroom door. I don't know if this is it because all of them were sitting out on a shelf but it only happened to two of them.

3) this is weird but possibly the most likely: a fan caused it. Due to it being hot in the room I have a powerful fan blowing right at them from the other side of the room. The reason I think this could be the cause is because these two were front and center, with the other unaffected planes behind them.

What do you think? Is this common with diecasts? Picture related: one of the infected.
>>
heat + cheap materials = your problem
>>
>>5646292
Buy better toys numbskull
Diecast degrades!
>>
I think It goes like
>paint the figure, seal the paint with a top coat
>do the details, don't seal it afterwords, cos it's a buy anyway
>>
...or someone's vag acids melt that.
>>
I think I'll spray a sealer over my important ones once I'm back in the states. At least I have some shit ones to test on first.
>>
>>5646667

If you are being serious, you are an idiot.
>>
>>5646667
>>5648931
Yeah, I've personally never heard such a thing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.