[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A.G.P. Bismarck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
Should I get her?
I don't see much about A.G.P. on /toy/, is it because of the high prices and low quality? That's what made me loose interest in Musashi.
Are the later Kancolle A.G.P.s better than Musashi and Yamato? Is there a good chance that Bismarck will be decent? Because, fuck 13,000 yen for a thing that looks like a bootleg is 13,000 yen too much!
>>
Wait like a week after release.

Price on the retail release AGPs tend to drop like a rock.
>>
> high prices and low quality
That's pretty much it senpai, you should knoe what to expect by watching reviews of the others. Really unimpressive for those asking prices.
>>
Wait a bit and see if you can find her for $100 preorder in a month or two. I doubt she'll drop much after release.
>>
Her hat isn't tiny and german enough.
>>
She's a general release right? All the generals have dropped price post release, while the exclusives went up.

I saw a Naka for $50 this weekend, still didn't get it.
>>
>>5645315
Watch this review before buying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdmV-OEnWtE
>>
>>5646522
Yamato was the first one in their kantai line, and was terrible. All the rest have been much better than her. Don't let it scare you off.
>>
>>5646526
I have AGP Atago and she's not much better to be honest.

The hair is weird and melted looking, and the paint apps on her are below average at best.

Bandai has a nerve charging so much for such poor quality figures.
>>
>>5646570
My Atago does have bad hair too, all the AGPs' hair is lack luster and she's the worst after Yamato, but her and Taco's paint apps are the pristine on mine.
>>
>>5646579
I wanted her sister but she's like 14k, fuck that shit.
>>
File: s-l1600 (4).jpg (51 KB, 806x1000) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (4).jpg
51 KB, 806x1000
Speaking of AGP, anyone own unicorn? Hair covering eyes is my weakness.
>>
>>5647131
p sure someone's selling one in the BST

you should buy it
>>
>>5647136
Thanks for the info, but that's about what it goes for everywhere. I actually saw her as a best offer on eBay so I was hoping I'd get lucky with a lowball. Her and Titan are the only two I want, though I got Wing girl when she was on clearance at BBTS for something like 30 bucks.
>>
>>5647136
Actually, looking at the other stuff they're both selling, pretty sure it's the same guy.
>>
>>5647152
if it's not bank-breaking and it's got a high waifu quotient why would you worry about the fig quality?

flop joints are easy enough to fix, a cute outfit will cover up most paint errors, etc.
>>
They're not BAD figures, but they're like....early release figmas or something at far too high a price point.

And as other anons have said, with the exception of Atago, all the general release ones have binned.

I have Kongou and I'd say she's decent enough, but at the price point they're pushing AGPs at, not worth it.

Good as a $50-60 figure, not good enough at $100+
>>
I wonder if there's a parallel universe where everyone's begging for more AGPs to be made while shinkis and FAGs are seen as garbage.
>>
Personally I think their biggest problem isn't QC, which is fine on most of them, but their giant ass stands. The bases are just too damn big and you cant really get a good display going in a standard detolf with them.
>>
>>5646570

Atago is crap, but Takao is very well made.

I made the mistake of thinking agp prices always fall and got fucked sideways for Takao. Ended up blowing 13k yen on one.

Funny how the new agps are 13k to start with. Damned Bandai.
>>
>>5647131
is she based on gundam
>>
>>5652085
Atago is just fine besides her hair. The paint apps on the rest of the figure are pretty tight.
>>
File: 10194770a3.jpg (79 KB, 805x999) Image search: [Google]
10194770a3.jpg
79 KB, 805x999
>>5657133
Yeah, mobile suit girls. There's a few of them that always slip under the radar because they're so pricey for their quality.
>>
>>5660364
>because they're so pricey for their quality.
This. I wanted the Titan AGP Gundam gril but I'd want to change her eyes and she's too expensive for that. Quality is okay enough for a cheaper figure, but for that price I'd expect it to be spot-on out of box.
>>
I don't buy model kits very often. Anyone know whether a 1/100 or 1/144 scale would look better with a MS Girl?
>>
File: jcr.jpg (37 KB, 339x351) Image search: [Google]
jcr.jpg
37 KB, 339x351
>>5645315
I tried watching the anime, but it was too much.

It made Kek La Kek look like spongebob squarepants.

What the fuck I'm watching? Girls with magical boat powers? Fighting giant fish with cannons in their mouths and other 'bad' boat girls? There's only so much belief I can suspend.
>>
>>5666158
OP here.
I don't give a shit about the anime/game. I just want a nazi animu girl.
>>
>>5666158
the anime is utter shit. if you're dumbfounded by the core concept, you're missing the real problem.
it's also universally hated.
>>
so are you retards capable of discussing a toy without shitting your pants over the source material or nah
>>
>>5666560
or nah
>>
>>5661806

If you mean gunpla, 1/144 gundams are 6ish inches, making them roughly in scale with figmas/shinkis/AGPs, mostly
>>
anyone have a review for AGP kongou?

the only one i can find is meadeslemicah and i'm not listening to a giggling spic "um" and "heh" is way through a review for 20 minutes
>>
Advice from me, i collect all kancolle AGP, regular release always drop like a rock, while pbandai will skyrocket.
I dont preorder Naka only her 2 sister which is pbandai.
>>
>>5666674
4 to 5 inches usually. Thought are are some taller ones
>>
>>5666547
the anime or the game?
>>
>>5666964
>AGP kongou

They (Taiwanese and Japs) say it's ok. No serious issue, but overall very lackluster,
But the following figures are just full of QC issues.
>>
>>5667695
Yeah my Kongou was fine but she is a bit of a dull figure, honestly I can't say I'm surprised she's just not a very toyetic design.
Haruna was fine but like Kongou, not very exciting.
Now Nake, that oneI had to get AmiAmi to send me a new arm for because the peg on her arm was inserted backwards making it too bulbous for anything to plug into anything. No problems otherwise but fuck that was annoying.
>>5667672
The anime, it's just no good. It's got one decent episode but even that isn't worth watching unless you're already a fan of the series.
>>
>>5667710
>>5666547
Hmm, i like the anime. It was fun, sometimes sad and full of inspiration, like "you want it, just do something to obtain it". Never play the game.
>>
No, they are all about on par with Musashi.
but they don't have to worry about Musashi's glasses most the time.
>>
>>5667710

I'm quite happy with Haruna, her gimmick with the giant hands is probably the best among her sisters. The zebra camo is a nice touch as well. Only problem I had was the mast(?) on her ship parts coming off on its own.
>>
>>5667672
the anime. game has more than 3 million players.
>>
>>5666547
>universally hated
Yet look at all the merch it still gets years after it's game release. Stop talking out of your ass you ignorant fagget.
>>
>>5671653
He's talking about the anime, not the franchise entirely.
>>
>>5645315
Just wondering if a fan can help me out.
Do you just buy these toys because you like the historical ships and it's a bonus cute girl?
Or do you watch the (Kancolle is it?) Anime and like the character because of that?
>>
>>5672188
The former for me. Big WWII buff as well as a big cute girl buff. Never played the game, and thought the anime was mediocre, but I generally like the design and backstory of these guys.
>>
>>5672188
OP here.
I just want a cute nazi girl action figure.
>>
>>5672188
>>5672206
>>5672425
I'm also wondering this and kind of wanting to watch some battleship documentaries/movies, can anyone recommend some?
>>
>>5673017
Battleship :^)
>>
>>5673017
most movies are wildly inaccurate to history. Best I can think of off the top of my head is Tora! Tora! Tora! if you want to watch some American battleship suffering.
>>
>>5673017
Watch Pearl Harbor but only for the Pearl Harbor bombing scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z3GJiZqDCI
>>
>>5673447
The bombing scene was terrible. It was just a cgi jackoff, didn't have anything to do with the actual bombing or even with physics when it came to how the planes flew.
>>
>>5672188
I play the game. I like the girls, I learns ww2 trivia as I play and listen to them talk.
I buy them for their character, or the design. Same goes for every toy I own.
>>
>>5673663
Is there an english version yet?
>>
>>5675647
Nope, I want to play it too, but I'm not going through all of the nonsense you have to in order to play the Japanese version.
>>
File: Ci4QWDEUUAEualn.jpg (280 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
Ci4QWDEUUAEualn.jpg
280 KB, 2048x1366
Hijacking
>>
File: Ci4QWF8UoAAcbZ0.jpg (124 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
Ci4QWF8UoAAcbZ0.jpg
124 KB, 2048x1366
>>
>>5681346

What is that, looks cool.
>>
>>5681349
oh cool, a monster gir
>12000yen
FFFFFFFUCK THAT
>>
>>5681346
holy fuck its almost everything ive wanted
>13k yen

noooooooooooooooooooooooope
>>
>>5681372
Yeah this thing ain't selling. Wait 'til it bargain bins.
>>
>>5681680
I bet it sells better than Bismark.
>>
>>5673017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6WmNMzo7Q
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.