[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have the 7" Christopher Reeve Superman? Is he wroth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Superman_Pkg3.jpg (2 MB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Pkg3.jpg
2 MB, 2400x3000
Anyone have the 7" Christopher Reeve Superman?

Is he wroth the money?

Are the Chinese bootlegs decent?
>>
>>5642940
I remember when he first came out, reading a lot of reports of his legs breaking off right out of the packaging.

Randy acknowledged there was a problem with the plastic/molding in the first batch and offered replacements to people who got duds.

If you're going to buy one I'd say buy it from somewhere that has a no-bullshit return/refund policy like TRU, just in case.
>>
Owned two of them, when the first broke the eBay seller gave me a replacement, broke that one too. Was too pissed to bother messaging the seller so I threw the figure in the trash after breaking the rest of it's limbs off in a fit; still want one and I have seen the Chinese ones, not sure if they're any good or not. I doubt it.
>>
OW MY LEG
>>
>>5642975
>Was too pissed to bother messaging the seller so I threw the figure in the trash after breaking the rest of it's limbs off in a fit

Jesus dude, assuming you're American you could have just tweeted Neca's customer service and got a free replacement.

It sucks that you got two bad ones but wasting $20 to have a tard fit on your figure seems pretty pointless.
>>
>>5642943
Yeah I saw some mentions of that online, and in some youtube reviews.

I can only seem to find them for sale in the US though (i'm in the UK) and shipping's a little pricey.
>>
Its a great figure, but I doubt Neca will replace it if it breaks at this point. I own the Hot Toys, and I'd honestly say its damn near on par with it, and value wise I got more out of it that the HT.

That said I'm personally done with NECA since I had a QC issue with one of their figures and rather than replace it they gave me a link to their eBay store that's selling it.
>>
>>5642997
>I can only seem to find them for sale in the US though (i'm in the UK) and shipping's a little pricey.

They're U.S toys r us exclusive, which is why getting them over here is a right pain in the arse.
I'm a Britbong too. They go for £40-50 on ebay, but I refuse to give in to scalpers.

I actually asked Randy on twitter if the Batman/Joker/Superman figures would ever get a UK release. He said he was trying to sort it out but that was months ago, so it's probably not going to happen.
>>
>>5642940
He's fucking fantasic, IF you get one of the new batches that don't snap like a twig. Took me two Janky ones before I got a good one from neca cs.
>>
>>5643010
Yeah that really sucks.

I'm torn when it comes to paying the £40-50 for one on ebay.

I dont want to spend that much, but at the same time I love Christopher Reeve Superman and the figure looks fantastic.
>>
>>5643008
>rather than replace it they gave me a link to their eBay store that's selling it.
Fucking hell
>>
>>5642940
It's Russian roulette as to whether you get on that doesn't break straight out of the packaging. And that's not even mentioning the lacking articulation.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.