[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are chinese bootlegs really made with unhealthy materials that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (295 KB, 1500x1169) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
295 KB, 1500x1169
Are chinese bootlegs really made with unhealthy materials that cause cancer or is that just a meme to keep people from buying from China?
>>
No plastic or paint fumes are good for you, regardless of where it is coming from.
>>
Authentic products are produced with volatile components as well. Third world country production of things isn't just a cost consideration, it's utilized because of lax safety standards abroad. Lead in paints to help strengthen it in the polymerization stage, plasticizers to help increase elasticity, etc. You can grab lead test strips from amazon and it's almost a guarantee that any authentic figures you buy would be flagged.

It's just ratio of key ingredients that differentiates real items and bootlegs at a certain point, but even then the difference is negligible.
>>
>>5642826
I remember my mother always saying when a toy reeks of plastic smells that it causes cancer.
It feels very exaggerated, by that logic every actionfigure I ever had would be affected, basically everything Mattel and Hasbro.

She also put the worst figures outside so they lose their smell but I doubt that this changes much if it is in the plastic itself.
>>
>>5642860
It is exaggerated but its true; virtually any plastic toy is either going to have phthalates and/or BPA, neither of which are good for you. Realistically though we live in a world of plastic. A couple toys aren't going to do any worse than all the other stuff you're surrounded with on a daily basis unless maybe you're chewing on them like a baby.
>>
File: 1399592911263.jpg (9 KB, 130x125) Image search: [Google]
1399592911263.jpg
9 KB, 130x125
>tfw been enjoying the smell of newly bought figures this whole time
>>
>>5642956
>smell of newly bought cancer

ftfy
>>
>>5642820
usually only the obvious knockoff shit is. The good quality knockoff shit (like the Takasa Tony Masterpiece Transformers) test negative for lead and whatnot.
>>
>>5642820
Snake, try to remember the basics of QC.
>>
>>5643379
kek
>>
>>5643379
Toppest of keks
>>
>>5642967

My favorite cancer brand has to be Legos, when the boxes have multiple bags is heaven
>>
of all my figures figma link had the worst stank. jesus christ that fuckers box still wreaks
>>
File: 1377314765615.png (1 MB, 1070x783) Image search: [Google]
1377314765615.png
1 MB, 1070x783
>>5643379
Motherfucker
>>
File: 1420797494195.jpg (70 KB, 960x725) Image search: [Google]
1420797494195.jpg
70 KB, 960x725
>>5642820
Almost all plastic has bpa and it makes boys gay and girls get cancer
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.