[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HK Toy Stores
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault2222.jpg (202 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2222.jpg
202 KB, 1024x768
Hi /toy/!

I'll be in Hong Kong for 3 days next week.
I knew some places in Mong Kok like CTMA or In's point.
Mainly I collect tamashii nation products, but I love me some bootleg toys.

So, any recommendations (or guide) where to go for toy hunting?
Any advices are greatly appreciated!
>>
Sham shui po has a toy street but most stuff is cheap chinese shit. But recommended for all the gadgets and worth a visit
>>
>>5642515
If you walk further down the road where Mong Kok's Sino Center is, you should see a large mall in Yau Ma Tei that specializes in lots of toys from ancient robos to new figures. You should be there when you see a lone elevator on the side, or just keep walking until you see a large set of stairs and escalators. I recommend checking it out.
>>
Also if you go above the main shopping part in Sino Center there's more stores by elevator. There was a record store and a floor or two above a store that specialized in robots, some oldies on consignment there too.

Check almost every building in Mong Kok. One time I was meeting up with a girl and saw a Death Note guy on a poster. Went in the building which I had never been in before. They had a lot of specialty stores like an all Star Wars and an all Keroro and all Gundam etc.
>>
Another great place for that used to be Toy Alley but it's been about 8-9 years since I've lived there. Can't remember the streets but I want to say Johnson was the main drag. It's between Wan Chai and Causeway Bay. Place used to be a goldmine for factory leaks. I bought 2 boxed Mace Windu ships before Hasbro even announced it which they were forced to a day later. He had bagged SW figs stuck on a bulletin board behind the register which were 4 waves ahead of the us. I think he got in trouble cause he didn't have that much later but he remembered me and would pull a box out behind the counter filled with bagged figs of SW, Marvel Legends and those Joe 25th figs. Used to love that place but sometimes a bitch to shop as its small and would get crowded.
>>
>>5642515

Well, there's always Tai Yuen St. in Hong Kong island:

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/shop/where-to-shop/street-markets-and-shopping-streets/tai-yuen-street.jsp

But yeah, Shum Shui Po like Apliu St, or if you're into models you can go to Concorde on Lai Chi Kok Rd (it's been there since I was born some 30+ years ago, I still remember how to get there from the MTR station by memory and how to get back to my old house in SSP).
>>
>>5642716
>>5642734
>>5642791
>>5642817

OP here, thanks a lot for the answers! Will definitely try visit all of that places!

This is really advice that I looking for! Thanks anons!
>>
>>5642817
That's the place Toy Alley was on!! Thanks, couldn't remember the name for the life of me.

If it's still there, in the lower level of Harbour City Mall in Tsim Sha Tsui there was a Toys R Us. Next to it was a place called Bandai Square. Used to hype upcoming toys there like the Akiba showroom.
>>
Also you may not have the time but there's lots of interesting little places in the New Territories. It's a different little rail system and its the closest to being in real China versus how the rest of HK is.

Yuen Long is very old school. The main drag by the light rail line has tons of little niche toys and hobby shops all over the place. There was this old run down junk type store that had crazy amounts of toys that was like a time capsule. 200x He Man stuff, TF Actionmasers carded, lots of just random models but also early Revoltech. Plus LOADS of KO stuff.

Tin Shui Wai has nothing to see there, people just really live there that's it. But the draw is all the hi rise building blocks have malls attached to them. Inside most of those are electronic places that carried Figma, Revoltech, Gundam, TFs etc. All legit. Also gift shops carried lots of toys and such. I found a friend a real Blitz Gundam MSIA years after it shot to $100+ for @$15 US. Also used to get Gundam models the gift shops would clearance out cheap. Lots of early HGUC and Gundam Seed Hgs for $4-6 US when they'd blow them out!!

Tuen Mun had one big mall (New City I think) that had several cool toy stores back in the day.
>>
Argyle centre Mong Kok etc

See here
http://waylander9.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/hong-kong-mission-report.html

Two Mandarake like places in Diamond Hill and Tai Koo.

Enjoy!
>>
>>5646605
Eh this is the first time I hear that area, where's exactly? Looks interesting though.
Man, If I have longer time I would love to visit those places. Thanks anon!

>>5647126
How come I didn't found this blog before, Toyzone at Tai Koo is a must visit I guess. Thank you anon!

I'm glad I asked /toy/, lots of information I didn't have before.
>>
Was there last week. Mong Kok area, along Argyle Street is a place called Richmond Shopping Arcade. It's a whole building filled with specialty toy shops.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.