[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General: Giger BDSM Spider Queen Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: BW-toy_BlackarachniaTM2.jpg (130 KB, 675x500) Image search: [Google]
BW-toy_BlackarachniaTM2.jpg
130 KB, 675x500
Old thread is on autosage. Continue here.

Old thread: >>5639064
>>
>>5640766
Xenomorph sloot Transformer when
>>
File: tr nautica.jpg (109 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
tr nautica.jpg
109 KB, 720x960
>>
>>5640777

Arcee, Minverva, and Nautica when?
>>
>>5640777
That's a nice looking Artemis Prime.
>>
>>5640780
2014, Someday, Later
>>
>>5640785
Who IS Artemis Prime anyway? I've heard of her on these threads a lot but she doesn't seem to have a Wiki entry or anything. Is she some Sonichu-level infamous fan character?
>>
>>5640796
>Is she some Sonichu-level infamous fan character?
No, that would be Star Ruby.

Artemis Prime is just a marysue who someone here latched onto hard and spammed the past few years.
>>
>>5640796
She's a fan character from the late 90's/early 2000's days. Her creator doesn't even really post much online or stay active. It's really a remnant of the pre-movie days of the fandom.

Where /toy/ got wind of it was when some guy from the Allspark started making customs of his internet friend's fancharacters, including Artemis here.
>>
>>5640823
>some fool ruined a Springer for this
>>
File: Wasted Molds.jpg (2 MB, 3936x2728) Image search: [Google]
Wasted Molds.jpg
2 MB, 3936x2728
>>
File: arcee.webm (1 MB, 720x708) Image search: [Google]
arcee.webm
1 MB, 720x708
>>5640777
>>5640780
I'd like to see a MP Arcee
>>
>>5640827
It's Springer just after a war in space 'nam.
Quite the jaw-dropping battle.
>>
>Takara releases Groove
>g-groove sucks! you can't tell if the quality is better than hasbro or not! r-rook is a way better toy anyway because muh hulk hands meme! m-muh scale!

>Hasbro releases Groove
>REEEEE WHERE CAN I FIND A PRE-ORDER OMG BASED HASBRO FOR RELEASING GROOVE

why are there so many poorfag hasbro fanboys on here?
>>
>>5640846
Honestly before I gave up on CW/UW I was going to have Groove and Rook on Defensor with Blades on the Aerialbots, as A: it'd save me having to track down an Air Raid, and B: it'd make Defensor look much more attractive. Rook is actually the only CW figure I'm keeping for now.
>>
>>5640846
I think it's a mixture of the hasbro internet defense force and people who sipped the cool-aid, such cocksuckery is not natural.
>>
>>5640846

So you don't know where the pre-order is then, eh?
>>
>>5640846
Did anyone here actually say this, or is it some TFW2005/Allspark shit you're bringing here?
>>
>>5640855
That's the arrangement I was thinking of doing. I never got alpha bravo or quickslinger and all groundbased rescue units makes sense. I don't really care about the "official" teams as much. Plus Blades' red looks good on Superion.
>>
>>5640866
Takara people are overly aggressive about their children toys.
>>
>>5640872
Could you demonstrate this aggressiveness?
>>
>The Autobot retools of the Stunticons (Ironhide, Prowl etc). go better colour-wise with Sky Reign than at least two of his limbs

Why did he get dedicated limbs again
>>
>>5640869
If I can get A hold of groove I'll replace blades with him. I just don't like the copter mold. Its so bland.
>>
>>5640875
>constant Takara wins again
>>5640846

Just two examples.
>>
should i get cw magnus?
>>
>>5640846
>Implying they are the same people
>Implying you are not one of them
so many layers.
>>
>>5640882
Yeah. Check hasbrotoyshop or their eBay since they are having a sale right now.
>>
>>5640882
pretty fun toy if you can accept it as a toy and disregard the internet arguments.
>>
>>5640846

Rook is still a better toy. And the UW set for Defensor is flat out fucking ugly because of the paint scheme, and came so late everyone already owned the CW.

That said, I'll buy a Deluxe Groove if I can, just to have the complete G1 team without the fucking awful cartoon deco. Not that all the cartoon deco's are bad. Superion and Menasor's are great, but Defensor and Bruticus? No, just no, that shit is hideous.
>>
>>5640881
I see that as enthusiasm about one's hobby, and wanting a product to be as good and as accurate as it can be, I believe the other guy is showing the sort of stockholm syndrome that is often seen in discussions.
>>
>bought Leader Skywarp
>got Leader Starscream as a gift
>autism trying to coerce me into buying Thundercracker
>>
>>5640877
Honestly the double copters is the biggest reason I'm not all that interested in Victorion. I may just get Pyra Magna (and maybe Rust Dust) off of ebay
>>
>>5640861
>hasbro internet defense force

There is no such thing, not on /toy/ anyway. You're confusing people who don't want to pay more for an import with brand loyalty. I guarantee there's plenty of people who only exclusively, or mostly, buy Hasbro products , that have no brand loyalty whatsoever.
>>
>>5640895
I think the UW looks great, I prefer the shade of blue on hotspot than the cw one, for one.
>>
>>5640897
That's not enthusiasm. That's being aggressive for absolutely no reason. Be excited, but don't be a dick about toys someone else wants to buy.
>>
>>5640895
I'm in the same boat, rook is a much better 5th member but I'll still get groove just for completions sake.
>>
>>5640905
Sure there isn't, sure.
>>
>>5640898
Anon use your austism to fight itself. Go to fanfiction.net or deviantart and make up a story about how Skywarp is a mom, Starscream is a dad and they have a baby Thundercracker. This way, you'll be content with 2 big seekers and 1 baby seeker.

It's like how that one anon keeps spamming to justify his shitty blue springer custom repaint no one cares about.
>>
>>5640908
He's allowed to express that thought whether you find it aggresive and pointless or not.
>>
>>5640910

different ≠ better
>>
>>5640921
But why he aggressive for absolutely no reason? I never said he wasn't allowed to. I'm questioning why the harshness over nothing? People like that must just be bored and lonely.
>>
>>5640926
>anon never said rook was better just because it's different
>>
>>5640911
Never seen it on /toy/, at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 800x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 800x329
When's this nigger gonna be available for non-rape prices?
>>
>>5640937
Then you ain't seeing.
>>
>>5640921
No-one is saying he can't. Just because you find fault in someone's posts doesn't mean you're telling them they're not allowed to post.
>>
>>5640945
When it gets KO'd/Hasbro decides to actually release it.
>>
>>5640945
When Liokaiser is fully revealed.
>>
>>5640947
The Takara cocksuckers are beyond more vocal and annoying than the Hasbro cocksuckers.
>>
>>5640945
I wonder if us UKunts will get him, I'm not going out of my way to get him online.
>>
>>5640960
Takarars promote good decisions while Hasbrors defend terrible ones.
>>
>>5640960
I rarely see "Hasbro cocksuckers" because there's no reason to be elitist about Hasbro. There are people with preferences, but saying that someone simply prefers a Hasbro toy to its Takara counterpart makes them a cocksucker is stupid and completely irrational.
>>
>>5640966
Okay so you're one of the instigators.

>>5640970
Nah I've seen them but it's rare as fuck as compared to Takara.
>>
>>5640957

What are you on? Hasbro has released it a while back. Saw some at my local Target months ago. I don't see any NOW (shelf flooded with Onslaught and Scattershot) but it was a thing for sure.

>>5640932

They said it twice.

>>5640910
>rook is a much better 5th member
>>5640895
>Rook is still a better toy.
>inb4 butthurt hasbro poorfag

You have your preferences, I have mine.
>>
>>5640972
Just stating it how it is.

The reason you don't see them is because you're one of them, to you it's normality.
>>
>>5640974
They never said it's better because it's different and your examples don't say that at all.

>>5640977
I buy both. I'm neutral. Takara cocksuckers are so full of themselves over absolutely nothing.
>>
>>5640945
i'm honestly expecting him to start showing up at marshels and ross stores
>>
>>5640846
Here is your reply
"Insert rage comment here"
>>
>>5640945
He's available online. Just get him from one of the many sites that are selling him at retail.
>>
>>5640980
Wouldn't Walmart or Target had to have ordered more than one case for there to be stock to show up at those places?
>>
File: Shockwave3.jpg (257 KB, 1256x941) Image search: [Google]
Shockwave3.jpg
257 KB, 1256x941
why are there negligible submarine Transformers? If it's because it would be a shellformer, it's not like that's stopped them before

I mean, Shockwave is kinda' a sub if you tuck his handle away
>>
>>5640987
If anything he's a cannon hovercraft.
>>
>>5640978

Oh I see, you're being a pedantic ass.

They claim 'its better', because Rook.

But really it's only 'different', because Rook.

Objective preferences man.
>>
File: sky lynx this is fine.jpg (65 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
sky lynx this is fine.jpg
65 KB, 600x400
>>5640945

He only just came out in Canada.

sadly I did not see him at the stores today.
>>
>>5640984

Where? All I've seen is eBay and Amazon going balls deep on 2x the price for him.
>>
>>5640990
They have reasons. You took it as they're only saying it's because he's different. You're wrong, man. I get you want to justify paying too much for the Takara version, but know when the battle is lost.
>>
Is Cybertron Jetfire/Sky Shadow any good? He looks pretty cool and I like the idea of an Australian shitposter Transformer.
>>
>>5641000

>I get you want to justify paying too much for the Takara version

Opposite, in fact.
>>
>>5641010

And by that I mean I'm looking forward to May Mayhem, if it happens.
>>
>>5640987
Watercraft TFs in general are pretty rare. I think it's because not many of the G1 guys were water vehicles (there's Seaspray, Broadside, and maybe a few Micromasters) and that means there's not a lot of material for Classics-ifying. There's also the fact that a submarine isn't really the most playable toy. Like, you can roll a car or make a plane fwoosh around, and even a boat can at least fit wheels, but unless you can float it in water (and that's never gonna be the case with a Transformer), a submarine's kinda just a lump. Maybe you can fit a periscope gimmick. Maybe.

Whatever the reason, the closest thing we've got is the year 1 Pretenders, who had a lot of submarines in them (Waverider, Submarauder, Splashdown, and Finback). But they're Pretender vehicle modes; it's basically just a folded-up lump of robot with a cockpit somewhere.
>>
>>5640990
Naw man.

I claimed it was better because it is a better toy, regardless of how different it was.
>>
>>5641000
How much you pay for something has no impact on how good or bad something is. Affordability is not an indicator of quality.
>>
>>5641046

I disagree, but you enjoy your Rook all the same.
>>
>>5640945
>no preordering online to avoid hassle of finding one at stores or even finding one at all

I gave up stores a long time ago, back when I had easy access to Target and Toys R Us since they were close to work.
>>
>>5640834
You could literally add a little more articulation the deluxe, upscale it, and make the back kibble fold similar to MP-Hot Rod and it would be perfect.
>>
>>5641057
It matters when you pay a lot for something that has a less expensive stand in only because of paint differences.
>>
>>5641059
You have a weird sense of what's good in a figure.
>>
>>5640823
>pre-movie
Pre-Bay. There was a movie in 1986.
>>
>>5641065
>implying paint differences are simply a minimal different

I look at figures based on how they look. Price factors in after I decide I want it.
>>
>>5641068
Pretty sure it was already obvious what he was talking about.
>>
>>5641066
Does that opinion really bother you that much?
>>
>>5640997
I'd list mine with Scattershot or some other slow moving toys at a discount but we all know how that would work out. Anything over $20 is too spensive for value oriented collectors.
>>
So I picked up CW Brawl yesterday from a dinky poor Walmart that also has a Blast Off and a couple Swindles, so guess where I'm going once I put together some money?

Brawl is... pretty solid. I got lucky and all the joints on mine are solid and strong, but the flaws with the mold itself can't be helped. I like the look of the upper arms, but it's hard to get him in any good poses. Also, his legs are impossible to peg together, so he's useless as an arm (not that he'd ever be one instead of a leg)

But overall I'm satisfied. I have another beefy Decepticon to pad out the ranks, and I can stand him next to the Fruiticus version and call this one Barrage or some shit.
>>
>>5641069
>this denial
>>
>>5641085
Sure seems to be a problem that someone likes rook more.
>>
>>5641092
Denial of...what?
>>
>>5641097
That paint is something major
>>
>>5641099
It is. So is changing color of plastics. It changes the look of a figure, it can bring the layout closer together, make it more accurate to the character. I'm not interested in close enough's or good enoughs.

Look at Energon Galvatron. Hasbro's had way more paint and looked much better. Obvious winner there.
>>
>>5641099
You're right. But not every Takara paintjob is automatically better.
>>
>>5641108

I sometimes prefer darker purple over light purple, like on Galvatron, Cyclonus and Shockwave so naturally I'd prefer Hasbro's versions over the lilac decos.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>5641099
>paint isn't a major thing

Who's in denial now?
>>
>>5640846
Rook is a better toy, giant bikes are retarded, and Groove being relegated to a scale-accurate chestplate was a good movie. If you disagree you need to realize your childhood ended decades ago and 40 year olds like you should be moving out of your mom's basement.
>>
>>5641198
>giant bikes are retarded

I wonder if it'd scale well with 1:18 figures, though.
>>
>>5641198
None of Defensor is to scale with itself, why single out Groove?
>>
>>5641189
You can easily fix that.
>>
I like Rook AND Deluxe Groove. (From what I've seen) What does that make me?
>>
>>5641212
>You can easily fix that.

The easiest way to fix that is to buy the Takara one.
>>
>>5641198
Despite my initial dislike for him, I actually think legends Groove is pretty fun.

But honestly, chestplate mode is horrible and Defensor is much better off without it. I'd rather they made a targetmaster out of him, especially since he already has a peg.
>>
>>5641209
because Hasbro fans, such as the ones at Joe Customs or Allspark, are so deep into Stockholm Syndrome that they must praise any decision Hasbro makes without question. Even the idea of "not buying a toy if you don't like it" is foreign to them.
>>
>>5641235

One with good taste.
>>
File: WTF.png (955 KB, 936x499) Image search: [Google]
WTF.png
955 KB, 936x499
sooo i got onslaught today why does the instructions do this. Tell you to peg the wing type flaps to the arm and then have the arms rest on the shoulders (i like the added bulk look but the showing hands throw it off) then in the final build it shows the arms flipped down....why which should i do
>>
>>5641296
Final picture is wrong.
>>
File: 1421595707002.jpg (11 KB, 379x451) Image search: [Google]
1421595707002.jpg
11 KB, 379x451
>>5640945
>mfw I found him in February in a Target
>>
>>5640987
Probably don't test well. If a kid gets a toy boat they're gonna try to stick it in a tub and if it doesn't float they'll probably hate it and try to get their mom to return it.

Not to mention the idea of putting electronics in a toy boat. Armada Tidal Wave would never happen today.
>>
>>5641308
Tidal wave would've happened today, minus electronics and probably less gimmicks.
>>
>>5641308
>>5641311
Tidal Wave didn't have electronics, that's why he was able to be sold at such a low price point.
>>
>>5641296
I'd put them up so they look bulked, as the chestplate bits tab onto notches when you line them up like that.

>>5641304
Man, I wish I found him somewhere. Let's hope he ends up at closeout stores like other tail end wave guys do.
>>
Loving Fracture, also a gun that shoots fists
>>
>>5640846
I dont know about you but rook is still the leg and grooves is the chest peice on mine

No stupid deluxe relase is gonna change that
>>
>>5641296
Fold arms down and peg guns to his hand to make them taller.
>>
>>5640987

Energon Sharkticon, dude. He reminds me of Stinkray.
>>
>>5641209
There are rescu copters the size of blades

There arent bikes the size of groove
>>
hey guys in the last thread i was the guy who bought the beast wars optimus primal for 15 bucks at the flea market the same guy had a beast wars transmetal depth charge good condition but missing tail and gun and he had it for 16 should i go back and get it?
>>
>>5641457
fuck yeah you should, that's a good toy. i think i got him for 50-60 bucks in box
>>
>>5641423
Nobody's got a problem with a jeep the size of a tank and jet plane/space shuttle.

Why single out Groove?
>>
>>5641471
because almighty Hasbro told them to
>>
Which is the best G1 styled Starscream out there?
Really want to pick one up that is close to cartoon accurate.
Best mold?
>>
>>5641497
mp-11
>>
>own Hasbro Defensor plus baby Groove
>will buy Deluxe Groove and use him to replace Blades as an arm. I will miss the red but I don't wanna risk those stress marks on the port further

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much did I just trigger /toy/?
>>
>>5641503
1. Just a toy
>>
>>5641497
Classics Starscream has terrible articulation, barely transforms, and it overall very dated. But its the most G1 looking Starscream outside of Classics,so go for it.

If you want an actual good figure over G1 accuracy, generations FoC Starscream is nice.
>>
>>5641503
Okay.
>>
>>5641503
To be fair, that's probably the best idea. Blades kinda sucks in my opinion, the most boring figure of defensor by far.
>>
>>5641526
Id say he's the most boring of the line. He's not bad. Just so boring. At least vortex has an odd color scheme.
>>
>>5641503

what stress marks?
>>
>>5641561
Every single version of the helicopter mold is prone to stress marks on the combiner peg. Blades is more suspetible since he uses really shitty red plastic that stresses easily (Ironhide also suffers from this).
>>
>>5641561
>>5641577
I think it might have to do with leg mode, since the ratchet on the combiner port is slightly off center compared to other molds. That plus the thin walls on the handfootgun port means it's more susceptible to stress marks.

I think you might be okay as long as you avoid using leg mode on the copter but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>5641583

I don't use my Blades in leg mode, or my Vortex. Both have the stress marks.

It's just QC combined with it being thin as fuck plastic compared to all the others. A bad bit of design, I guess. Hopefully it won't break, but you never know.
>>
>>5641476

Or scale doesn't matter in this line, and isn't something you should worry yourself about.
>>
>>5641593
I don't remember mine's port cracking until I used leg mode.
>>
File: attachment[2].jpg (68 KB, 674x968) Image search: [Google]
attachment[2].jpg
68 KB, 674x968
TAKARA WINS AGAIN
>>
>>5641691
That figure has been out for ages. Why is it just now getting a Legends figure?
>>
>>5641691
>neon pink trash

Better colors, but it's doomed from the start since it's an IDW design.
>>
>MP Prowl gets broken door wing by accident
>try to glue it back together
>sets, but locks everything into place so door can't angle up at all
>break door off a second time trying

Guess I need a new MP Prowl. Is there any place selling them for an affordable price that isn't just the bootleg?
>>
>>5641694
quality takes time
>>
>>5641705
Why not buy a KO to harvest parts from to replace the broken part on your original?
>>
>>5641718
The door broke near where it connects to the main body. Swapping out what's broken would involve actually removing pins and the like.
>>
best beast war figure?
>>
>>5641734
Transmetal Cheetor is probably the most all around solid. Ultra optimus primal is the most fun ocerall. I also really like Tigerhawk.
>>
>>5641734
Only ones I own are Deluxe Cheetor (original) and Basic Stampy. They're both pretty good.
>>
>>5641734
Anything from Transmetals 2 is amazing imo. Also about half of Transmetals 1, and most of the Fuzors line. The entire line was really fun. Everything was painted amazingly.

I would just avoid Transquito (kinda awkward) and the Fuzors Injector who is just a pile of "What the fuck am I looking at?"

Don't get Waspinator unless it's the Transmetals one because the Generations version is a better Waspinator for the standard wasp version. Same goes for Rattrap, Rhinox, and Black Arachnia, the generations versions are better.

My favorites include:
Fuzors Silverbolt
Fuzors Skyshadow
Transmetals 2 Tarantulas
Razorclaw
Transmetals 2 Dinobot
Transmetals 2 Black Arachnia (Good luck finding her for a good price though)
Transmetals 1 Scavenger.
>>
>>5641720
Just get the KO then. Tbh the Datsun molds don't have any real issues (sometimes slightly sloppy paint work mainly on Smokescreen). It's $30 dollary-doos, and won't look any different.
>>
>30 Minutes until May 1st
>May Madness Groove Release

Wew lad
>>
>>5640898
Complete the trio anon, least you can complete those guys.

I'm waiting on a hasbro redeco of an mp11 skywarp
>>
File: 20160421_034337.jpg (130 KB, 1352x760) Image search: [Google]
20160421_034337.jpg
130 KB, 1352x760
>>5641308
The toddler line has quite a few boats though.
>>
File: test.jpg (94 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
94 KB, 960x540
>>5640846
For me I was heart broken a gestalt I wanted so badly was an online exclusive, the price was a major deterrent so I caved and hunted down the hasbro protectobots, I was satisfied with chest plate groove.

But these days I can actually access (newer) online exclusives at far more reasonable prices, 20,000yen for a second hand defensor is not what I'm willing to pay, but $150aud for grand galvatron and co, THAT works.

Of course once they brought in the hasbro groove I was quite pleased, I have an old g1 defensor but NEVER had groove, now it seems I have 2 groove with rook going back to my galvatronus.

I could of easily afforded UW defensor but for a second hand toy it just wasn't a sensible option (at the time I only knew bbts and the dollar exchange rate was not in a sensible range).

I never hated deluxe groove though, its a toy, not a masterpiece/collectors figure, and it does its job fine
>>
>>5641780
It's officially May.
>>
>>5641823
and the hasbro toy shop refresh page wars begin.
>>
File: 1449594541815.jpg (34 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1449594541815.jpg
34 KB, 636x358
>>5641823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEjRHFom1Kk
>>
>>5641821
Where was this picture taken? Store, city, country?
>>
>>5641835
Probably in a store in a country yeah.
>>
>>5641825
Wow. Thunderhoof and Quillfire are actually out of stock. Glad I got them when I did.
>>
>>5641835
>>5641840
KEK

I can't identify, was taken from HK-TF facebook page so I assume hong kong, somewhere, I did expect this as asia usually ends up getting them as peg stock.

I got mine coming in via premium collectables so I'm good
>>
>>5641840
Kek. Which ones in particular?
>>
>>5641705
Same thing happened to me bro, RIP
>>
>>5641825
>>5641823

They're not gonna update the shit in the middle of the night Anon.
>>
>>5641871
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/tra-gen-legends-protectobot-groove-b1797as00

GO GO GO GO
>>
File: 1412949780314.jpg (18 KB, 251x180) Image search: [Google]
1412949780314.jpg
18 KB, 251x180
>>5641880
>>
File: ArceeExploitable.jpg (33 KB, 291x262) Image search: [Google]
ArceeExploitable.jpg
33 KB, 291x262
>>5641880
>>
>>5641691
Can he stand easily and not fall over? Have they redone his shoulders for vitruvian man poses? No? TheN THEY FAILED.
>>
File: 20151114_164838.jpg (67 KB, 904x728) Image search: [Google]
20151114_164838.jpg
67 KB, 904x728
>>5641919
Use this mold's segway-mode
>>
>>5641774
>Don't get Waspinator unless it's the Transmetals one because the Generations version is a better Waspinator for the standard wasp version. Same goes for Rattrap, Rhinox, and Black Arachnia, the generations versions are better.

Or do get them but go with the Fox Kids deco on Rhinox. Fox Kids Waspy, Buzzsaw and Dirgegun/Thrustinator are good too. For what their color schemes offer, especially FK Waspy as a new character you can make up (I call him Buzzbomb).

And original BA is so different from her show model that you might as well make her your own character. (again, I either call her by her Japanese name of straight Black Widow, or my own character Widowspeak)
>>
>>5641950
Thrustinator is cool. I agree with that one. The fox kids decos are meh to me. I never really saw much appeal to them.
>>
>>5641935
Love crosscut, such a beautiful face.
>>
...is everyone just looking for groove?
>>
>>5640986
Often those stores get "overstock" late wave toys straight from Hasbro. RTS and Generations (the first time) had entire waves that only showed up there.
>>
>>5642074
What do you think most of those stores are carrying now? Movie bots?
>>
>>5642077
If you're lucky you might find some AOE mainline stuff but, predictably, mostly right now I'm finding lots of Constructsbots and one step AOE stuff
>>
>>5642074
This weird place Called Ollie's where i live had tons of generations come in. All deluxe Chromias, Windblades, and Voyager Roadbusters. Everything was $5 too.
>>
>>5642104
I wish I had that kind of luck. I only have TJ Max, and they rarely, if ever, get transformers.
>>
>>5641212
Oh really? Are you the first person who's been able to figure out the magic recipe China's factories use to keep paint from rubbing off of these figures? Or do you mean with your shitty bottle of Testors paint?
>>
>>5641471
Speak for your self bruticus has always bugged the shit out of me.

Groove is just mire egregious out of any of those save blastoff
>>
>>5642121
>doesn't know how to paint
>>
>>5642121
>I can't paint and it makes me angry
>>
With the new/rereleased Kabaya kit for Fort Max coming out in August, do you think sellers would lower the price for a set of the original?
>>
>>5642133
...why not just buy the new ones?
>>
>>5642138
I can buy a set of the old ones from TFcon in Canada, but HLJ has it in US dollars (35) but that's 43 in Canadian before shipping, so I was hoping to pick it up and have decent grounds for haggling, i.e. "they're rereleasing this you know"
>>
What transmetals are better than this guy? I hate the kibbly beasts, but transmetals can be cool, if done well.
>>
>>5642121
Hey don't knock that stuff. Their silver paint is amazing.
>>
>>5642141
The hallmark of the Transmetal 2 designs was their asymmetrical hell beast aesthetic, so good luck if you're not into that
>>
>>5642104
ollie's is the shit, but the problem is they get a FUCKTON of stuff and then put it out all at once, then two weeks later it's all gone and there's nothing
>>
>>5642123
>>5642126
>MUH ADVICE
>>
>>5642174
Poor thing. Must be hard to hold a brush with all the rage sweat.
>>
>>5642133
nah m8 the fact its a variation says something.

They'll keep those prices high
>>
>>5642133
you can get the original for like thirty dollars though...
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1041208362&ref=list

its a voyager sized toy with some tiny extra transformers, should be worth it...
>>
File: test.jpg (38 KB, 668x808) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
38 KB, 668x808

BL-
>>
>>5642254
>white figure against white background
For what purpose?
>>
>>5641296
The arms should end on top. The instructions fail to say that to attach the arms you have to unpeg the chestplate and twist the shoulders so the port is accessible.
>>
>>5642258
Ask TF_YUKI that one
>>
>>5642169
I am, but I hate things where the robot is blocked by huge chunks of beast.
>>
>>5642260
Probably couldn't see clearly.
>>
>>5642123
>>5642126

No, seriously, can you honestly tell me that the paint you use does not run off after more than white glove handling, and is equal to factory applied paint? If so, what's your secret Cheetimus?
>>
>>5642254
Is that Runabout or Runamuck?
>>
File: red and blue.jpg (54 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
red and blue.jpg
54 KB, 600x397
>>5642306
Which is frenzy and which is rumble?
>>
>>5642306
Yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 900x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 900x414
>>5642306
>uhh, that was like, two other bots
>>
>>5642279
Buy some fucking clear coat you noob
>>
>>5642330
Psht. More advice? Next thing you'll probably say is something like "let it dry before you touch it herp deep"
>>
So, the obvious question: anywhere have deluxe groove yet? What's more likely, TRU or HTS?
>>
File: Primal_Major_by_BillForster.jpg (40 KB, 432x505) Image search: [Google]
Primal_Major_by_BillForster.jpg
40 KB, 432x505
>>5642319
god, Allspark Almanac's art is so ugly
>>
>>5642362
there's a multiverse of fan artists more adept at the Animated style, yet they chose Bill Forester
>>
>>5642362
Animated' style was ugly.
>>
>>5642364

Animated Bludgeon would have been a pirate though.
>>
>tfw no nihilist robot waifu
>>
File: 9796739.gif (75 KB, 162x170) Image search: [Google]
9796739.gif
75 KB, 162x170
>>5642426
>that zettai ryouki
>>
>>5642426
cute as fuck
>>
>>5641296

The final picture is actually correct. They are missing a step. Step 11 shows them flipping the arms down because the chest plate blocks the combiner ports. Once Blast Off and Vortex at in place, they should be locked into place by flipping Onslaughts arms into the bulked up look and shutting the chest plate.

PS... What the fuck is up with these new instructions? They look faded as fuck... it like it is mimicking going blind...
>>
>>5641299

Final picture is actually correct. He's supposed to be bulked up. The chest plate specifically locks into place to hold the arms up like that.
>>
>>5641593

Where do the stress marks form? I have Vortex, Blades, and Alpha Bravo, and I don't see any stress marks.
>>
>>5642470
Around the 5mm port where the hfg plugs in.
>>
>>5642254
TAKARA WINS AGAIN
>>
>>5642473

Oh yeah, I see it. Meh, probably not a big deal. If it cracks through, I'll super glue it.
>>
is any of the movie dinobots toys good?
>>
File: Chaos_RunamuckonBlastOff.jpg (79 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_RunamuckonBlastOff.jpg
79 KB, 512x368
>>5642254
now thats an obsecure reference

i wish runabout and runamuck interacted more in the cartoon. same thing happened with Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. cartoon got some shit against sibilings...
>>
>>5642491
>now thats an obsecure reference
G1 cartoon is anything but obscure, especially in Japan.
>>
>>5642489
They're mostly fucking nice. i got all of them except Grimlock, Slash, and Snarl (those three look like shiit).

From best to least best:
Scorn - Completely solid
Strafe - wrists have articulation to point sword forwards, not many Transformers have that. looks cool af.
Slog - intricate transformation, very tough looking
Slug - pretty good, robot mode is too scrawny, dinosaur mode can barely move
>>
>>5642494
Slash was the raptor right?

He was good. He was more Dinobot than that generations Dinobot they released... Just wish they didn't use the rubber feathers
>>
>>5642496

Slash was awful.

I need to get rid of mine.

I kind of regret buying all of the AOE Dinobots outside of Scorn.
>>
>>5642494
>Grimlock
Leader is SHIT
Voyager is surprisingly alright tho
>>
>>5642491
Runamuck and Runabout aren't siblings.
>>
>>5641919
He only falls over if you're a retard that transforms his legs wrong.
>>
>>5642364
these other artists are more expensive.
>>
>>5641423
Too bad Blades is not that kind of helicopter, so your point falls apart.
>>
>>5641212
You can't easily fix the yellowed plastic the Hasbro version is stuck with.

I'd rather pay more for an import that's professionally done than a do it at home fix, and I've painted many of my figures. Factory always trumps doing it yourself.
>>
File: 20140609_005529_LLS.jpg (96 KB, 427x1273) Image search: [Google]
20140609_005529_LLS.jpg
96 KB, 427x1273
>>5642494
I think they look good as a group so I still have all of them.

You can get a little creative with Strafe's weapons >>5642040
>>
>>5642552
this, a thousand times this.

Once you paint an action figure/transformer/ANYTHING that is meant to be played with it may as well be a brick, no amount of top coat can prevent paint scuffs, and the thicker the topcoat, the worse off the entire thing becomes
>>
File: UNSTOPPABLE.jpg (290 KB, 1008x858) Image search: [Google]
UNSTOPPABLE.jpg
290 KB, 1008x858
>>5642503
>>
>>5642543
Nah, he's an unbalanced shitshow with a backpack and no heels, he's prone to falling unlike decent toys.
>>
File: G2_Skram_toy.jpg (16 KB, 300x259) Image search: [Google]
G2_Skram_toy.jpg
16 KB, 300x259
>>5641691

Is that Skram?
>>
>>5642486

Yeah, apparently a lot of people have this happening. They shouldn't have made the heli molds ports so thin. The other molds have much thicker ports usually.
>>
>>5642572
no its skids
>>
File: FortMax.jpg (408 KB, 682x682) Image search: [Google]
FortMax.jpg
408 KB, 682x682
>>5640766
>no sword
>>
>>5642618
Takara it is then.
>>
>>5642618
>no sword
>big ass gun
yay
>its a lamer version of the one that came with metroplex
ugggg
>>
File: 20160502_013742.jpg (66 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
20160502_013742.jpg
66 KB, 576x1024
>>
>>5642652
Who is that minicon?
>>
>>5642618
The SDCC version will have the sword if that mean anything to anyone.
>>
>>5642618
Is that the Breakdown mold next to his left knee?
>>
>>5642663
Gonna need a source on that.

We know takara's will have it from the outline spoiler and the fact its anime accurate, hasbro's doesn't need the sword.

The SDCC will just chrome out the damn thing
>>
File: 20160502_015258.jpg (101 KB, 1219x806) Image search: [Google]
20160502_015258.jpg
101 KB, 1219x806
>>5642662
IT'SSSSSSS
DRAGONUS

Yup, it's still called Dragonus even though it's remolded and it's an autobot.
>>
>>5642682
Maybe he defected to the good guys.
>>
>>5642682
He looks way more cool than the original.
>>
>>5642671
Yeah, it looks like G2 Breakdown doing some Hot Wheels nonsense.
>>
File: darkscream.jpg (34 KB, 513x503) Image search: [Google]
darkscream.jpg
34 KB, 513x503
>>5642141
He has a big backpack, but nothing blocks articulation. I don't know what you're complaining about. That's such a great mold.

TM2 Optimus Minor is insano articulated, but kind of a boring toy. Stinkbomb/Gas Skunk and Ramulus are great, too.
>>
>>5642652
>>5642682
Glad that the states are getting Arms Microns in a way.
>>
>>5642565
Confirmed retard.
>>
>>5642682
Did anyone get a Dragonus and Generations Metroplex? Can you attack him around his body?
>>
>>5642618
>No Gun
>No Sword
>Proportions are way better here compared to the real deal
>>
>>5642703
I don't think hes complaining.
>>
File: 9343966_orig.jpg (31 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
9343966_orig.jpg
31 KB, 460x460
Man that 70$ price on amazon has got me tempted, also anyone else notice the arm derp on Skydive, i love stock photo guys
>>
File: 20160429_172257.jpg (182 KB, 1434x806) Image search: [Google]
20160429_172257.jpg
182 KB, 1434x806
>>5642686
For this 4-pack, they faction-swapped the two minicons without the clear armor things (which have decepticon/autobot runners).

>>5642725
Idk but the new Dragonus' tail was changed to a 5mm peg on a hinge.
>>
>>5642744
I've been tempted also. There's three molds in there I don't have and the g2 colors look much better than the drab original.
>>
>>5642736
ah, I misinterpreted I guess. though it wasn't a very well worded post. we USED TO HAVE STANDARDS AROUND HERE.

I blame /v/, as is tradition
>>
>>5642744
>>5642747
My Skydive was the only one of the set with problems, but it's minor. One of his shoulders doesn't lock in as well as my regular version.

Other than that, great set. Awesome colors, tight joints, good deal. It especially works if you think of Slingshot as some crazy powered up Super Saiyan Punch Arm.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I paid full price and it's one of my favorites.
>>
>>5642426
That was my design for a TFA Dead End before they made an official one.

Now that I think about, if they did make a female Dead End, she could be almost exactly like Daria: snarky, snide, and dead pan.

>>5642434
>>5642439
Thanks.

You could almost repaint one of Vicky's car limbs to more resemble her.
>>
File: g2superion.jpg (23 KB, 423x503) Image search: [Google]
g2superion.jpg
23 KB, 423x503
>>5642747
>>5642744
Shitty pic, but you fellas get the idea.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.