[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /toy/ I just bought a bag o' Revoltech Neon Genesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: dank.memes.jpg (821 KB, 2212x2000) Image search: [Google]
dank.memes.jpg
821 KB, 2212x2000
Sup /toy/
I just bought a bag o' Revoltech Neon Genesis Evangelion figures for buck from a thrift store.

Problem is they are coated in sticky ganja resin from the previous owner, which makes them hard to pose.

What's the best way to clean these guys?

Also, post dank memes.
>>
How the fuck do you get resin on your toys? Other than OP pic I guess but even then that would take work
>>
>>5633475
Clean your pipe while you play with toys? I don't know that seems like a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>5633454
>coated in sticky ganja resin
It's not resin bro. Older Revoltechs with glossy paintjobs (like those Evas) get sticky over time. It's a problem with whatever paint or topcoat Kaiyodo used to use. You can wash them off and stuff with soap and water, but they'll never be completely unsticky. Sorry.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>5633475
>How the fuck do you get resin on your toys?
I went to an art college, and there were plenty of 420 blaze it students there. They would hot box it in their rooms and after 4 years of that, anything you picked up in that room was slightly sticky and reeked like Bob Marley.

>>5633514
>Older Revoltechs with glossy paintjobs (like those Evas) get sticky over time.
Weird. It smells like Mary J, even on my fingers when I've handled them.

Guess I'll soak them in dish soap and see if it helps the joints.
>>
>>5633514

You can use Googone to get the elasticizer gunk off. But the figure will keep leaking, especially if not stored where it can air out. I clean my old neca with it all the time.

If it's a tobacco smell infesting the figure, I recommend white vinegar. 1 part to 4 or 5 water. Give it a soak for a day or two.
>>
>>5633493
Fuck that's gross. I wash my hands thorough after making rez balls.
>>
>>5633564
Rez doesn't smell like weed.
>>
>>5633689
I have to use that heavy duty orange gel shit with the pumice in it or whatever after cleaning/resin hitting my pipe. It comes in handy if you don't want to be sitting there scrubbing your hands for a half hour.
>>
>>5633514
It's leaking plasticizers much like older toys from the 80s or 90s. Not sure why early Revols started leaking so soon though. Not much you can do about the tacky feel from my experience.
>>
File: image42.jpg (168 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image42.jpg
168 KB, 768x1024
>dude weed lmao
>>
>>5633454
DUDE
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.