[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Free Form Fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 50
File: file.jpg (84 KB, 700x556) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
84 KB, 700x556
With the dawn of rampant chain generals I find myself missing the days of old, where one toy could command a whole thread, and a shitpost could evolve into a spontaneous game.

Don't get me wrong, generals are great for conversation, but I think we need to relax the ranks a little.

So here's the deal. Post what you want, be it content, comments, games, gifs, opinions, facts, what have you. Post, shut over each other, be loud, have fun

Tldr:
As long as it's allowed in the rules, post it here.
>>
File: 1460339229669.jpg (333 KB, 998x1075) Image search: [Google]
1460339229669.jpg
333 KB, 998x1075
ITT: ANYTHING GENERAL

isnt this thread counter active to what you want?
collating "free form posts" into a single thread is in essence, a general in itself.

stop waiting for people to post interesting shit for you. post them yourself.
want to start a game? start one.

want to try drawing, go draw something and we will shitpost that thread into oblivion.

/toy/ doenst exist to post for you, so post what you want and hope it catches on.

TLDR:
Stop being an entitled twat, you twat.
>>
File: file.png (575 KB, 1227x2143) Image search: [Google]
file.png
575 KB, 1227x2143
>>5631985
In some senses yes it does, I had considered that, and rest assured, I do try to park up threads where I can via contribution and conversation and (back in the day) games.

But also I figured this may be a way to loosen people up a little outside of just shitposting in other threads. This is a place MEANT to be off topic and silly, more than anything an experiment just to remind people not everything needs to be themed.

Tldr: I feel like twatting around, thanks for twatting too.
>>
File: 20160426_174002.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160426_174002.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>
>>5631977
The Revlotech EVA's any good?
>>
File: 0876-spider-man2-movie4.jpg (155 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
0876-spider-man2-movie4.jpg
155 KB, 1600x1200
>>5632134
The newer ones are not bad.
the TV ones kinda blew.

Robot Damashii versions are definitely worth looking into also, but then you don't get interchangeable-everything and have to suffer hideous crotch gaps.

New topic: Why the fuck dont spiderman toys have toes?

(yeah yeah, i know, some do, why don't western spiderman toys have toes)
>>
>>5632343
Blame Hasbro for that, Toy Biz put toes on practically every Spidey they did from 2001 onward. Toy Biz would basically design Spidey toys to be Spidey toys first and foremost, while Hasbro tends to focus on reusing bodies for other characters(which TB did too, sure, but if it was a character meant to be heavily acrobatic thy'd find the best body type/articulation for it)
>>
File: gmthread.png (37 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
gmthread.png
37 KB, 900x900
The game master thread were so much fun...i never had this much fun in an imageboard.

Nowadays even tough i still collect i lost nearly all motivation to post.

What triggered the general threads norm around here? Did it start on other boards and was eventually adopted here?

I remember the most persistent namefags kept pushing for it, till eventually there was no resistance and thy won out.
>>
File: Layton armies.png (330 KB, 753x1273) Image search: [Google]
Layton armies.png
330 KB, 753x1273
>>5632431
I actually ran quite a few of those games back at the peak

Sadly, interest started to wane and matches carried on well into the night, to the point where I had to make posts to tip the tides enough to call the game.

I've been thinking about bringing it back for atleast a year now (holy shit, i cant believe how fast this got old) but I no longer have photoshop for easy DMing

As for generals,, I think its really less sinister than that.
I feel like someone starting a thread said "hey, it works for /a/" or something to that effect. and everyone else said "Hey, it works for that guy"

>>5632353
Really its a shame. I was thinking about upgrading my Spidy but it seems pretty pointless if he cant Crouch

Anyone remember Rollcall threads?
It was pretty much just one person saying "everyone fall in line" and everyone else would post a toy "reporting" for combat.

Pic related was the last one I ever remember.
>>
Is this the non-general general?
>>
>>5632431
It wasn't the namefags, it was moot and the mod's shitty ideas about containment.
>>
>>5632032
Holy shit that's adorable, I want one
>>
>>5632732
Moot and Mods could never enforce anything like that though. We always did as we pleased, and over time we just started to please generals.
>>
File: IMG_4106.jpg (1 MB, 1841x2619) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4106.jpg
1 MB, 1841x2619
>>5632717
It's the nonspecific action figure thread.
>>
>>5631977
Go take your nostalgia and shove it up you ass, grandpa
>>
File: NoG9K.png (146 KB, 431x239) Image search: [Google]
NoG9K.png
146 KB, 431x239
>>5633199
Oh man. That was a time.

It took some work, but we eventually got a full parts list for the blue guy, right down to the bootleg powerranger parts
>>
JIN

SATOME

A name which once could derail half the board at a time
>>
>>5633193
They were completely capable of enforcing it on /co/, because that's what they did there. Maybe not so much for /toy/ or /a/ though.
>>
>>5634555
Who the hell would have enforced it? We've got no mods here
>>
>>5634549
>white supremacist shitlord who posted constant bullshit and pissed everyone off

I wonder why he's so hated...
>>
>>5634571
>shitlord
Go back to Tumblr, please.
>>
>>5632714
Man, /toy/ was a lot more fun back then. There was just a better sense of community (probably because of the lack of generals), and people didn't act like they always had a stick up their ass. Not saying it was perfect and didn't have its own problems, of course.

That said, when did the term "/toy/soldier" stop being used? It was a common term, now I can't remember anyone saying it.
>>
File: 20160427_203706_resized.jpg (577 KB, 1561x1058) Image search: [Google]
20160427_203706_resized.jpg
577 KB, 1561x1058
Do you guys even Predasaurs??
>>
>>5634549
One of you actually made a Jin Saotome thread this very day but it got deleted in 5 replies.

Remember when we didn't have mods? Those were sure great days. Dildo threads every week, Cybertronian Gardevior masturbating to himself. Those days were sure great.
>>
heres a shitpost for you op
>>
>>5634657
We still don't have moderators though. Just janitors.

That underaged person in some census thread getting B& was an exception.
>>
>>5634611
I'm not sure we ever really stopped So much as the term just fell from fashion. I still use it if I'm posting on another board talking about here. (but I very rarely go to other boards)

>>5634637
I Don't even Predasaur!
But I seem to remember a thread a while back about dollar store toys really similar to these in concept

>>5634657
Dildo threads were actually kinda funny for a while if you didn't already have one up your ass
>>
>>5634672
>dollar store toys
Yeah, they were recently re-released at Family Dollar. But for a dollar store toy they're pretty cool imo
>>
>>5634672
>Dildo threads were actually kinda funny for a while
...How? You saw it once, you saw them all.
Shit wasn't original, either

Not even that guy you're responding to.
>>
>>5634677
Oh, they're the same ones? They look way better than I remembered.

Doubt ill ever find any in my area though.
>>
>>5634678
The idea that someone else thought they were bothersome to us was humorous to me.

If they bothered you then clearly you're the kind of person they were meant to rustle in the first place.
>>
>>5634689
But no body was ever actually "bothered" by dildo threads, just tired of the lack of originality.

Obviously not the /b/tard's intention.
>>
>>5631977
I'm a relative newfag, i've only been here since early last year so i guess i missed that heyday, but i do still really enjoy this board and have been wanting to do some fun threads her for a while.

I've had some ideas for threads that were actually similar to >>5632431 , kinda bootleg style rp or something like that where posters submit their toys for it. If i could get Monday off of work i was going to post it then and see how it goes, though i was kinda expecting it to end up getting shitposted/abandoned.

If i tried that would you guys be into it?
>>
>>5634708
Mondays probably a bad day since peeps are gonna be working. but maybe try monday evening?

Absolutly go for it though, Games that pan out are generally fantastic.

Someday soon i'll try to get Photoshop to run World domination again.
>>
Finally!!
>>
>>5634672
>Dildo threads were actually kinda funny for a while if you didn't already have one up your ass

No they weren't.

And they kept happening. Maybe you have dildo stockholm syndrome. If I had a dildo up my ass I would be happily shitposting on 4chan instead of bitterly shitposting.
>>
>>5633193
I hate to say this but ever since I stopped going to 4chan everyday I enjoy generals more. It's easier to keep track of. I do enjoy the wild west anything goes part of 4chan and I don't want to see it go away. Part of the appeal is that at any day you could see almost anything. Once I saw a guy ejaculate on a k'nex Luigi becuase he didn't like it and I swear that was during the general heavy times. If you're interested in this subject you should check out Moot's youtube where he talks about stuff like this for a few hours.
>>
>>5634752
is that the official site account?
>>
>>5631977
>No Getter Dragon SRC or SoC reissue

kill me lads
>>
>>5634731
>Mondays probably a bad day since peeps are gonna be working. but maybe try monday evening?

Well i'm an Ausfag, so monday for me is sunday afternoon for American posters, hence why i thought that that might be a good time to try it.
>>
>>5634788
Oh yeah..other countries. Whoda thunk it.
>>
>As long as it's allowed in the rules, post it here.
Dammit, I was hoping I could ask about the quality of first4figures. Oh well. Does anyone know any good King figures, from tekken? Or at least how likely we'll get a King figure.
>>
>>5634788
Fuckit, got work on Monday.

I'll try and do it tomorrow.
>>
File: image.jpg (719 KB, 1652x2352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
719 KB, 1652x2352
I remember when /toy/ was first created, and I jumped on board of the MP-01 bandwagon by purchasing a bootleg with a chrome face plate (hence the name) I believe the first thread on the board involved Lego pirate ships and from there, we went on to include other things like gashapon threads and excitement over the first Figmas.

It's kind of funny to look back and see how tastes change. I've still got love for Figmas, but not every cute girl warrants a purchase and my initial Transformers nostalgia wore off pretty quickly after a year. Never really thought I'd get into customizing either, but interests will take you places I guess.

What other pleasant memories do /toy/ soldiers have of their time here?
>>
File: IMG_7893.jpg (143 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7893.jpg
143 KB, 1600x1200
hey guys, whats going on in here?
>>
>>5635897
Is that perspective fun or a very small zaku?
>>
File: playtime.jpg (450 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
playtime.jpg
450 KB, 1280x960
I too miss the old days of toy and support this thread.
>>
>>5634752
Holy fuck I remember the K'nex Luigi thing!

I just realized I've been here for the better part of 5 years now, I may not have been around during the peak of /toy/s heyday but I was around for the end of it and the transitional period. Man there were some good times.

The GM threads were so much fun, I remember a time where I had a awful Oscar the Grouch toy and he became the leader for the evil team
>>
>>5636619
It's also funny to see things come and go in popularity here over the years, the Lego threads were fairly niche until the Lego Movie came out, Gunpla threads were the most active threads until Build Fighters came out and /m/ started posting them. Also Star wars was hardly talked about at all until 6" stuff started coming out.
>>
>>5635493

Giveaways
When people actually felt safe posting their faces
When trolling wasn't as rampant as it is now
>>
>>5636635
Anyone got the faces of toy image from a few years ago?
>>
File: IMG_6688.jpg (506 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6688.jpg
506 KB, 1920x1080
>>5635899
Perspective. The zaku is on his knees.
>>
>>5636635
>When people actually felt safe posting their faces

If it makes you feel better I was on /toy/ since the beginning too and I laughed at all you faggot neckbearded people for being so ugly and treating 4chan as facebook.
>>
Anybody else going more and more towards miniatures/SD figures as time goes on?

I feel like I buy more Gundam Converge and World Collectable Figures than normal sized figures these days.
>>
File: normie drowning pool.jpg (58 KB, 851x233) Image search: [Google]
normie drowning pool.jpg
58 KB, 851x233
>>5631977

Sure, I'll give it a go.

Used to buy 'waifu' toys, where I would be super motivated in buying figmas of characters I really adored and were attracted to.

Fast forward a couple of months later and I'm back into what got me into toy collecting: robots. Threezero's Titanfall line became my go-to, huge bots that really looked magnificent. After I secured my Ogre preorder, however, I found myself going back to old sentai figures - really vintage ones, the ones with a unified colored scheme as opposed to the rainbow of colors we have today.

No point to this really, just a recounting of what kind of stuff I've been doing toy-wise. Also I've always been envious of people who post large monthly hauls, but nowadays I've started to appreciate just how 'quick' the high you get from getting new toys in the mail, and how quickly it wears off. For me it lasts for a while, though, but that's probably because I only buy sparingly.
>>
>>5636745
>"GODDAMNIT PYLE, NOW YOUR GAY IS INFECTING THE REST OF THE TROOPS!"
"B-But..."
>"ARE WE IN TEXAS PYLE?"
>"N...No?"
>"DAMN RIGHT WE ARE NOT SO LEAVE YOUR QUEERS HOME WITH YOUR STEERS AND GET BACK ON JOB DUTY."
>>
File: CNSBqZEWcAAHe4Y.jpg (18 KB, 435x241) Image search: [Google]
CNSBqZEWcAAHe4Y.jpg
18 KB, 435x241
>>5638453
Almost know that feel. I've been ordering a lot of figures recently, but they're all just backlog stuff (and I feel really guilty for doing so because I've spent a lot of money within these past two months).

Aside from two Figuarts I've yet to get (remaining backlog is too expensive on the secondmarket), there's nothing else I want to buy aside from some ongoing figures. Going to suffer through 3-4 month dry spells because there's barely any ongoing figures I want, and I don't like the idea of spending shipping for only one or two figures (except for Bandai exclusives. Fucking Bandai.)

On a positive note, I've been clearing away a lot of figures I don't care for as much. Even though I've been getting more figures, my collection overall has been getting smaller and it feels a lot more refreshing now. Not having to spend money on ongoing figures mean I can buy myself some proper risers too (not American, so they're more expensive here)
>>
>>5638453
That's pretty cool. I can also trace the directions my collection has gone in over the years.

I don't really understand huge hauls.
Accessories are one thing, but more than a few ful figures and I find I cant appreciate them all.
>>
File: CWPredakingWHEN.jpg (588 KB, 1280x882) Image search: [Google]
CWPredakingWHEN.jpg
588 KB, 1280x882
>>5638987

I'm buying my first real huge haul this month. The wallet destroying behemoth known as Feral Rex, all at once, because it's getting harder and harder to find his parts and damned if I know the company that makes him will do any more runs on his his parts. So I said fuck it, went all in, because I can't really afford to wait.

Predaking was my holy grail as a kid, and I'm not gonna chance losing out on the best Predaking ever made this time around.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 960x720
Doing a repost since I made the mistake of contributing to an already dead thread.

I just wanted to share my collection. It's basically a lump of nostalgic pieces that I've gotten because I figured my money was best spent on my childhood grails.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 720x960
>>5639264
It's small but I'm proud of that. I've got some Small Soldiers figs on a separate shelf but this is the heart of it right here.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 720x960
>>5639271
Tohunga, Minifigs, and the Mask Makers from Bonkle2.0.

I was a huge LEGO freak when I was a munchkin and I'm really happy with where I've gone with this. Criticism is welcome of course.
>>
>>5639271
>>5639264
>>5639278

Only criticism I've got is your pics are too dark to really see anything.
>>
>>5639291
Yeah, my camera is only a mobile at this point and it doesn't do my room's lighting justice.
>>
>>5639002
Not him, but personally I'm just waiting for that bootlegger to release the add-on kit for their KO Into the Air/Sky/whatever that corrects the proportion/hand issues...

Feral Rex is gorgeous, but holy shit I'm not paying $600+ moosebucks.
>>
>>5639320

Yeah, it's pricey as fuck, but so is any 3P combiner. They're all around that price, $400-600, and this one is also pretty much the best quality one out of all the 3P companies.
>>
>>5639291
>too dark to really see anything.
wash your eyes with bleach, dumbass. its perfectly visible, just too grain-y
>>
>>5632017
this is exactly why humor comes to 4chan to die.
>>
>>5639337
If it makes you feel better, I got Feral Rex (including Felisaber) and he's worth getting. Totally fun fuckhuge combiner.
>>
>>5638453
>old sentai figures - really vintage ones, the ones with a unified colored scheme as opposed to the rainbow of colors we have today.
How do you mean? Sentai always had multi-coloured members.

Or do you mean their mecha? (In which case do you have Sun Robo?)
>>
>>5640040

Yeah, I can't wait for it to arrive. Gotta wait for all the parts to come in first before I can have it shipped to save a bit of cash though.
>>
>>5640437
Be sure to drop us mad pics when it comes in.
>>
>>5640454

I will, but it's probably going to be a week or more before the last parts come in, then a few days to ship. Thread might be dead by then.
>>
File: IMG_8728.jpg (189 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8728.jpg
189 KB, 1600x1064
>>5638471
Haha gg
>>
>>5640116
Yeah I meant their mechs. I don't have Sun Robo but I did manage to score a loose Dynarobo DX for cheap. Missing its sword and fists but it still works great and I love the combining. I also managed to get an incomplete but intact DX Biorobo with the box and the Biodragon, so I'm looking forward to that.
>>
I agree with you OP. generals are cancer. I don't know what happened to 4chan but now they've taken over almost every board - except for /v/, who were lucky enough to get a containment board.

I have a theory it's the redditor influence, general's are sort of a recreation of the subreddit, with the OP pasta acting as the sidebar's useful info links.

but anyway, creating an anti-general general isn't the answer, but also just making non-general threads won't help either. you won't get any posts, they'll just be drowned out by the generals and pushed to the last page. all you can do is remember the good days
>>
>>5641586
Woo, nice finds, anon.

>>5641866
> they'll just be drowned out by the generals and pushed to the last page

You don't know how generals work, do you?
>>
>>5641866
I dunno man,
this thread seems to be doing pretty ok.

Dont think of it as an anti general general..

its just a very flexible thread with very flexible discussion topics.

and there certainly seem to be enough people to keep it going for a bit.
>>
>I have a theory it's the redditor influence, general's are sort of a recreation of the subreddit, with the OP pasta acting as the sidebar's useful info links.
Its not even a theory. Most of generals get their op pasta from reddit and some tripfags are reddittors.
>>
>>5641866
Generals have existed before Reddit became an actual influence, dude.
>>
File: OverlordTakesThemAllOn.jpg (983 KB, 2401x2102) Image search: [Google]
OverlordTakesThemAllOn.jpg
983 KB, 2401x2102
>>5642371
>crosspollenation between websites is entirely new and never happened before
>>
>>5641866
>you won't get any posts, they'll just be drowned out by the generals and pushed to the last page
That's not true, and the main cause of shit like that is increased traffic.
>>
>>5642582
I don't see how they implied that or how that contradicts them in any way.
>>
File: InsecticonsStartleATittymonster.jpg (528 KB, 1951x1371) Image search: [Google]
InsecticonsStartleATittymonster.jpg
528 KB, 1951x1371
>>5642608

Ahh fuck I quoted the wrong guy. Meant to quote >>5641866

But yeah, it's not a theory. Crosspollenation happens all the time. Shit, in a lot of the Transformers generals I see the same user pics there as I do on a few other sites (despite everyone of course shitting on those other sites).
>>
>>5642377
They existed, but there were still thirteen Transformers threads going on at once, outside of the general.
>>
File: QueensBladeRevengeOfCattleya.jpg (732 KB, 2273x1477) Image search: [Google]
QueensBladeRevengeOfCattleya.jpg
732 KB, 2273x1477
>>5642891

That happens sometimes because the mods come in and delete random shit throughout the threads.

Then idiots bump the dead threads.
>>
>>5642617
Crosspollination isn't the same thing as replacing one site's culture with another sites. Usually users from a different site will have the courtesy to "assimilate" (ie lurk) but when they come in big enough droves, the distinction gets lost.

You couldn't goto a forum or reddit bantering and swearing like you do here.
>>
>>5643005
>ie lurk
/a/'s the only board that still tries to enforce that, and everyone mocks them for it.
>>
>>5643007
Not at all.

Lurking is of critical importance no matter where you go in the internet.

No so much assimilate but just to know what's acceptable.
>>
>>5643007
>/a/'s the only board that still tries to enforce that
Yeah no, /toy/ and pretty much every other board does too.

That's why people here are sick of /v/ and /tv/'s shitposting and obnoxiousness when they come in here, because those boards have a very different attitude than /toy/ does.
>>
File: OverlordLovesBeingADuocon.jpg (313 KB, 1399x1011) Image search: [Google]
OverlordLovesBeingADuocon.jpg
313 KB, 1399x1011
Needs more pictures for fun and profit.
>>
>>5643007
Huh? We shit on newcomers all the time because they don't know the basics. Maybe you should lurk more...
>>
File: image.jpg (874 KB, 1698x2094) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
874 KB, 1698x2094
Playing around with my new figs. 1/4
>>
File: image.jpg (807 KB, 1514x2002) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
807 KB, 1514x2002
2/4
>>
File: image.jpg (949 KB, 1595x2218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
949 KB, 1595x2218
3/4
>>
File: image.jpg (882 KB, 1641x2150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
882 KB, 1641x2150
4/4
>>
>>5643637
>>5643635
>>5643632
>>5643631

What is the female figure?
>>
File: image.jpg (644 KB, 1775x1007) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
644 KB, 1775x1007
>>5643641
>>
>>5643642

Thanks, looks nice.
>>
>>5643656
No problem. I bought her used so hopefully she hasn't been hot glued.
>>
>>5643670
>used
>female figure
>huge tits

I'm sorry Anon. She'll glow like the sun under a blacklight.
>>
>>5643686
Don't say that :(
>>
File: IMG_8576.jpg (142 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8576.jpg
142 KB, 1200x1200
>>5643631
ya knoe for my first figma she is not bad.
>>
File: IMG_8687.jpg (152 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8687.jpg
152 KB, 1600x1064
>>5643753
>>
File: IMG_7979.jpg (74 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7979.jpg
74 KB, 1200x1200
>>5643756
>>
File: unnamed (1).png (32 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).png
32 KB, 200x200
>>5643154
>it's a "they made fun of my waifu on /tv/ so they suck" episode.
>>
File: QueensBladeLeinaJoinsTheFight.jpg (928 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
QueensBladeLeinaJoinsTheFight.jpg
928 KB, 2816x2112
>>5643747

Sorry Anon. Gotta buy your waifu figures new, or theres a very good chance some other neckbeard has defiled her with their bastard caustic seed.

I bought my Leina used. I'm honestly afraid to blacklight her.
>>
File: IMG_3431115.jpg (187 KB, 1141x856) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3431115.jpg
187 KB, 1141x856
>>5643753
Lewd
>>
File: IMG_45231111.jpg (293 KB, 1141x856) Image search: [Google]
IMG_45231111.jpg
293 KB, 1141x856
>>
>>5643777
Even /tv/ knows they suck. And haven't waifu threads on there been banned for a while?
>>
File: QBEchidnaFullLewdCensored.jpg (373 KB, 1865x965) Image search: [Google]
QBEchidnaFullLewdCensored.jpg
373 KB, 1865x965
>>5643878

Lewd shots are the best shots.
>>
File: 1461480156446.jpg (160 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461480156446.jpg
160 KB, 1024x1024
Being a poorfag blows. I preordered this qt day-one but had to cancel because other stuff was getting released that month, stuff that doesn't get re-issues. At least I have the certainty that it'll get reprinted eventualy, seeing how all the other fags where.
/blog
>>
File: wow.jpg (517 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
517 KB, 1632x1224
I remember when having one of these backdrops made you king of the board.
>>
>>5643966

Wish I had a backdrop. And a good camera. And lighting that wasn't shit.
>>
>>5643988
Dude. Go to Home Depot and get a couple clamp lights ($12), some 6500k light bulbs ($5), upgrade your phone for a better camera phone ($700), and with the right angle/perspective almost anything can make a neat background for toys.

Alternatively, a pretty decent camera can be had fairly cheaply these days and photoshop or gimp are free.
>>
File: ASSBOT.jpg (826 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
ASSBOT.jpg
826 KB, 1500x1000
>>5643988
sorry to hear that anon
>>
File: insecticon apartment.jpg (739 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
insecticon apartment.jpg
739 KB, 1280x768
>>5643988
nah but for real dude i'm just using a desk lamp and 2 photography lights i got off of amazon for like 20 bucks

my camera's a bit pricier than that but for just casual toy photography all you need is a modern phone or a halfway decent camera
>>
>>5632032

this is really cute !
>>
What toy do you own that has brought you the most joy? Bonus points if it isn't a childhood toy, but something you bought in recent years.

This fucking plush man. He is my bro. I call him the name he was listed as on the website (Kuromame, translates to blackbean haha). I cuddle him to bed every night and I dont like it when he falls to the floor, though he rarely does. If I notice I threw him off the bed in my sleep I will rescue him from the cold and bleak floor. I pet him, I give him kisses, and I hold his paw when I fall asleep sometimes. I also talk to him like a person would talk to a real pet sometimes
>>
File: OptimusPrime.jpg (413 KB, 1165x1381) Image search: [Google]
OptimusPrime.jpg
413 KB, 1165x1381
>>5644047

This. I was an 80's kid, hadn't touched a toy since I was like 15. Transformers was my favorite alongside stuff like Thundercats and GI Joe, but as a kid, 90% of my toys were Transformers. Loved them so much. Optimus Prime was my favorite, of course.

Then last year I saw pic related in a local toy store, and fell in love with my childhood favorite all over again.

I now have a growing collection.
>>
>>5644584
IM glad that optimus served some purpose.

welcome back to the fold.
>>
File: SureYouCan.jpg (451 KB, 1673x1293) Image search: [Google]
SureYouCan.jpg
451 KB, 1673x1293
>>5648340

I think it's a pretty good Optimus. Yeah, he's got GORILLA ARMS, but the proportions remind me of comic book heroes. It's oddly stylized, yet keeping with G1.

I'm totally going to get an MP10 at some point for a truly perfect one, but this? This I think is something long time fans and kids alike could like, but I may be biased because it's what drew me back in, and the only other Optimus' I've ever owned were the G1 bricks, so anything seems better than those in terms of sculpt/articulation.
>>
>>5644584
>Dr. Ratchet? I'm PRIME
>>
Why the fuck isn't there an SRC Dragonzord released yet?
>>
File: Feels so good.png (482 KB, 500x604) Image search: [Google]
Feels so good.png
482 KB, 500x604
>>5644047
It's Kars. SHF Brucelee is starting to get there tho.

Childhood toy would definitely be my collection of OG Bionicles or Beast Wars Megatron.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.