[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shodo Vs General - ya... It probably won't last, but this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15
File: banc160808.jpg (39 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
banc160808.jpg
39 KB, 560x560
Shodo Vs3 revealed. These 4 plus 2 secrets. Shodo Vs2 being released in early May. Future wave wants? Excitement for this wave? For wave 2?

Looks like they'll be going with the pattern of at least 2 villains per wave. I think they're doing a pretty good job with selection so far. And I wonder what the deal with the secrets are. I'd have to assume repaints.
>>
>>5630718
I can imagine one of the secrets could be a charged up version of Stronger, not sure what the other one could be.
>>
File: Another ShadowMoon.jpg (524 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
Another ShadowMoon.jpg
524 KB, 700x933
>>5630851
>not sure what the other one could be.
>>
>>5630718
Whoa, whoa, secrets now? Will Wave 2 have any secrets? I bought Wave 1 and I don't recall there being any.

Wave 1 was pretty damn nice, but for some reason I find myself less and less interested in these. Maybe because they look and pose so similarly to the SHFs I already own, and the novelty of them is sort of wearing off now that I have some in-hand. At this point I'm mostly in it for the unique villains that haven't been made in SHF form, but...there's only like, one of those per wave.
>>
>>5630718
I'm been splitting Shodo with a friend. I implied I wanted all of Wave 2 for myself but might have to just split with my friend anyway. But this upcoming wave 3 looks GREAT for us. Highly desireable characters and easily split.
>>
>>5630888
Could be a Combatant.
>>
>>5630961
Wave 2 will have 1 secret and wave 3 will have 2 so that each set totals 6.
>>
I'm hoping that we get Amazon as one of the secrets with a functioning jaw. Shame we won't, but whatever.
>>
>>5630718
I hope they get through the Showa Riders at least.

I really want Ikadevil but I think that opportunity has passed.

I think this toy line is perfect for Super Sentai. Do the team per wave, or team plus bad guys if they are like 3 members team.
>>
File: 20151011_193715.jpg (185 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151011_193715.jpg
185 KB, 2048x1152
>>5631024
I think they may jump onto Super Sentai if they run out of Showa Riders...

The reason why prices for these are so low is because they've been using that "track-suit" buck body on at least 2 figures per wave. All 4 in the 1st wave used it.

Some Heisei KR shows that facilitate parts reuse would be Kuuga, Den-O, Kabuto, Ryuki and maybe Hibiki.
>>
File: 7539218.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
7539218.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>Titan instead of General Shadow

FUCK YES
>>
File: 84e7e3ef9e23b4366af9.jpg (332 KB, 1402x596) Image search: [Google]
84e7e3ef9e23b4366af9.jpg
332 KB, 1402x596
>>5631084
All possible combination of W.
>>
File: 8cdb797b.jpg (496 KB, 800x1204) Image search: [Google]
8cdb797b.jpg
496 KB, 800x1204
>>5631084
And OOO.
>>
>>5630985
>Main Rider as a secret
>Entirely new mold as a secret
Nnnah, never. You're going to get a repaint or a retool at best.

I think they're really missing a huge opportunity here to do more obscure villains that probably won't ever get SHF treatment.
>>
I'm guessing Shocker Riders will be secret figures
>>
>>5631155
Maybe that's the secret of this wave, seeing as we're getting the Ichigo/Nigo mold again. And plus, the other two in the line (Shocker Grunt and Riderman) aren't really ideal for any repaints.

Honestly though, I'd be a little sad if Shocker Riders were secret, cause I want at least a few of those.
>>
>>5631146
>>5631148
They simply won't. But if you wanted to talk all forms they could use, that's not even close.

OOO has 10 full sets plus 2 extra arms that weren't just bonus toy stuff so there's a potential 1200 combos total.

Meanwhile, W can work with any refined memories and can be used in either slot. So taking the 26 T2 memories we get 650, + 10 duplicate memories for unique combos, doubled to include Xtreme forms brings us to 1320.
>>
>>5631146
what's wrong with lunar trigger's chest piece in that picture?
>>
>>5631262
it's the gun hanging on the chest
>>
>>5631271
Ah, I see, I thought it was holding Cyclone trigger's gun at a glance.
>>
>>5631257
I know, it's a joke.

No need to crunch numbers.

Would like to see that chart for OOO with all the pictures haha. I guess I could to a degree with the figures. Sure someone has done it.

As for W, did they ever say that? Or are you just talking about the toy belt? I thought only Eternal had that ability to use all the memories. Either way W wont change looks from using them, unless it happened in the novel or something.
>>
>>5631331
Can't seem to find a picture with all or even most of OOO.

W can use any of the refined ones in the driver in either half, they just don't have them for the show and don't have access to them in the movies. The extra 10 I mentioned (Cyclone, Joker, Heat, Metal, Luna, Trigger, Skull, Accel, Fang, Bomb) have both T1 and T2 versions that could be used for CycloneCyclone style transformations.
>>
>>5631024
>I hope they get through the Showa Riders at least.

THIS. Older riders need some more 4 inch scale love. They pretty much got the shaft in the old Motion Revive line.
>>
I need V3 and X, anyone have some to sell?
>>
Converge series 3 also shown. Nice to know I won;t have to buy a glut of Ws to get a villain,
>>
>>5630718

http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/rider/shodo/

Check here for all 3 waves, and in those links there are more pictures that can be viewed from each wave, showing more articulation, accessories, etc, such as one showing Titan holding his gun. That is one dapper one eyed gent.
>>
>>5630718
I've been wanting Shadowmoon in this line. He's been treated like a big bad at times, and though that fits him quite well I feel like it fits Apollo Geist more. Shadowmoon feels like an anti Rider while Geist feels like the leader of the villains. Geist as the big bad and Shadowmoon right under as equally strong but has no real interest in leadership but rather just destroying Riders.

I hope this line is doing well and can complete all the Showa Riders with a ton of villains to go with them. The Vs idea, I think, is a good one, and if they finish Showa they should definitely move on to Heisei. Not as much reuse potential there, and probably more accessories needed, so maybe a small price hike might be needed. Maybe at 700 each in cases of 8.

And as someone else here mentioned, these are perfect for Sentai. Great reuse potential minus new heads and weapons for most, with one unique villain per wave. And have the 6th as a mystery that will be likely revealed by the time the series releases, assuming they do new series and not the more classic stuff.
>>
>>5635774
Issue with Shodo is that i'm wondering how far Bandai will go. Candy toy lines come and go...Action 66 was popular but it went away.

Issue with Sentai is their box assortment... it's like 12 to a box right? Easy for 6-member teams but what about 5-member other odd numbered teams?
>>
Motion Revive went 5 or 6 waves? I hope we get at least that many.
>>
File: 20151206135214.png (10 KB, 860x262) Image search: [Google]
20151206135214.png
10 KB, 860x262
>>5635786
It's 10 to a box at the moment. If they want at least 2 of every character plus keep the vs tagline and thus have a villain and maybe even a generic monster villain, maybe they'd have to go at least 14. That is, unless they don't just split the team into 2 waves with a villain per. Sincerely there will usually be a 6th it could work for 3+villain for 2 waves.

As for longevity, from that chart we saw (pic related), we saw there are 4 waves planned, as well as what I would assume is 2 deluxe waves. I'm hopeful that it'll live long like assault kingdom, assuming those listing are actually for deluxe items, which should mean they have faith in the line.
>>
File: IMG_2870[1].jpg (288 KB, 989x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2870[1].jpg
288 KB, 989x768
>>5635774
>Shadowmoon feels like an anti Rider while Geist feels like the leader of the villains. Geist as the big bad and Shadowmoon right under as equally strong but has no real interest in leadership but rather just destroying Riders.

>Leads Golgom
>Leads Space Shocker
>had a crappy alternate that took over Dai-Shocker

Shadow Moon has just as much aspirations to take over, it's just his deal is he needs to defeat Black as part of his ascension.

Anyway. I got a bunch of 1/18th Star Wars figures that need to be subjugated by Shadow Moon.
>>
>>5635903
Ah... Since there.

And 4 waves planned as of the reveal of Riderman, before the full reveal of wave 2. Here's the full article if anyone wants to see it. They discuss the price, the cost of materials... I think anyways, according to Google. If anyone can find some good info return to post it here! Some gibberish about bitter keeps popping up, not sure what's up with that. But I'm pretty sure it is implied that when the questioner sees how things are going, including costs, "the series must continue". Or something. I'm not sure. The point of the article seems to be if Shodo vs will end. Luckily that doesn't seem to be the case.
http://bandaicandy.hateblo.jp/entry/2015/12/09/174217
>>
File: 08.jpg (81 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
81 KB, 1000x1000
>>5635909
Oh, don't get me wrong, he definitely is. But I feel like if you took all the villains of the Showa era, Apollo Geist just seems like he would be the head. He looks like to leader of an evil organization, while I would buy Shadowmoon as a secondary Rider.

Of course he's a badass too, and with his lightsaber like sword he would fit well with some Jedi. Why not Titan while you're at it as a gentleman bounty hunter?

>>5635786
I also forgot to mention, both wave 2 and 3 have 6 characters in a 10 figure wave. Not everyone will have to get doubles going forward it seems. Kinda still hoping wave 2 is one of everyone and all the doubles are combatmen.
>>
>>5635921
I just don't see Apollo Geist as a leader. He's a general, for sure, but he'd be lower down the pole than Shadow Moon or like Kamen Rider 3. But then, I am biased because Shadow Moon is one of My favorites.I really should get one of the AG figuarts, though,

Titan's awesome. There should be a Figuart of him too.
>>
>>5635921
But don't get Me wrong, you enjoy having AG lead your forces, dude!
>>
>>5635929
>>5635944
Ha, ya, that's fine, differing opinions are welcome. Idk, I've always felt like Geist just had a presence about him, like a commander, with the gun and shield as his primary weapons and even a simple uniform and cape, he'd let his minions do his dirty work while he shoots people in the back. Shadowmoon on the other hand has the appearance of a warrior, heavily armoured and with all his swords, he'd be the first one in and likely the last one out after he's made sure the mission was done. If you saw both Moon and Geist, you'd probably take your chances with the latter, but it feels like it's always the unassuming one who turn out to be the most dangerous. Either way, they're both in the Vs line and I'm happy to have my 2 main villain wants already, in terms of major villains. Also really happy we're getting these oddball generals, as they said they aimed to do, to pad out the villain crews.
>>
Wave 3 is number one in Candy Toys at Amiami! I think wave 1 may have been, not sure about 2. Looks like it's doing well!
>>
File: secret.png (477 KB, 548x538) Image search: [Google]
secret.png
477 KB, 548x538
According to ToySanta this is the secret of wave 2. Riderman with different accessories it seems. Not... quite what I was expecting. Variants with more accessories are quite alright, though I was expecting possibly a different version of the combatman or something. How do they even have these in yet?
>>
Will the packaging be different though?? It would be annoying if both versions of riderman are the same on the outside
>>
>>5640430
Who knows. Randomly passed by Toysanta's shop and saw they had them advertised. Though I would assume the packaging should make the 2 distinct, like they did with the Kampfer in Assault Kingdom. At least something to distinguish it.
>>
>>5630718

Anyone know what the secret/variant figure was for wave 1? I can't find the info anywhere.
>>
>>5645104
it's a really good secret, then
>>
>>5645104
There wasn't one.
>>
>>5640423
what was the secret for wave 1?
>>
>>5645171
>>5645140
It didn't have one.
Wave One consisted of ONLY Kamen Rider 1, Kamen Rider V3, Kamen Rider X, and Apollo Geist.
>>
>>5640434
That wasn't a Secret figure. The two Kampfers were named in the product listing. Secret variants never have their own packaging. That's the point of them being Secret.
>>
>>5645215
Is it? I just figured it was a promotional thing. If that's the case I guess it's variants going forward. Red Shadow Moon and Hundred Eyed Titan variants?
>>
>>5645298
>I just figured it was a promotional thing
Kind-of, sort-of. It was done to sell more cases of the last Assault Kingdom (non-EX) wave to idiots like me who want a Kampfer with the full OVA loadout since each case only has two Kampfers aka one of each variant.
>>
>>5640430
It's been posted in the toku thread but there's no box difference.
>>
Should post the 2chan thread here, too.

>http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3517366.htm
>>
File: (R)EEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (203 KB, 564x625) Image search: [Google]
(R)EEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
203 KB, 564x625
So, a quick and sloppy translation of the 2ch thread says that the tab here is to be prevent accidental ingestion and it would be a good idea to cut it off. I'm wondering, though, if it'll fit into the hollow molding part of the foot's ball socket.
>>
>>5647669
>the 2ch thread says that the tab here is to be prevent accidental ingestion
I should also add that this is a nipp's speculation and not actual fact. Why it's there, who knows?
>>
>>5647680
Who knows why but Titan has it too. It's visible in one of the pics. Strange. Even moreso that it's only on the round black heads of those two.
>>
File: o0480036013636375810.jpg (69 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
o0480036013636375810.jpg
69 KB, 480x360
http://ameblo.jp/touu-ahiru/entry-12156727969.html

according to this blog, the second wave's contents are:

2x Kamen Rider 1 Sakurajima
2x Kamen Rider 2
2x Riderman (one of them is the "secret")
1x Sanjioh (the badguy)
3x Shocker combatmen
>>
>>5647669
Cutting it off will kill the combatant
>>
>>5650746
Yep, we saw that a bit ago. But hm, since Rider 1 is the only one between him and 2 that has a holding hand, I wonder if it'll be worth opening him up to get that out. Not that I really want them both holding swords, but you never know.

>>5650829
That is unfortunate, but they are expendable.
>>
>>5630888
did the figuart not sell well or something
>>
>>5631148
>wanting this
>when the Action line for OOO was already God tier or at least high tier if you don't like stickers

W though needs a remake of his Action line with a hard 1:18 scaling, all the figures are sized wrong
>>
These figures kinda me want to revisit those 4 inch PR figures to see how they fit in.
>>
File: 1462629230196.jpg (887 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1462629230196.jpg
887 KB, 1280x960
Customs?
>>
File: 20151011_200541.jpg (89 KB, 1154x649) Image search: [Google]
20151011_200541.jpg
89 KB, 1154x649
>>5657271
Dang, I don't have a scale photo with the 4" PRs but I can say that they scale well... the PRs are only slightly taller and look buff/muscles.
>>
>>5657406
I'll take a photo when I get home in a few days of Riders+2010 Rangers
>>
File: ShodoVSScale03.jpg (499 KB, 1043x931) Image search: [Google]
ShodoVSScale03.jpg
499 KB, 1043x931
>>5657406
Took this pic way back when the first wave came out. Samurai Red is a bit bigger, but close enough like the rest of these lines (save for DBZ's Neo Shodo, which is way to short)
>>
I'd definitely love to get some more lines of this, since there's so many cool showa characters they could tackle. If this shit takes off and stays around then we might be able to go into heisei which would be really cool
>>
>>5658578
i miss KT SIC
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.