[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i can there still be not a single posable Souls figure on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 37
File: Edge-226-Dark-Souls.jpg (160 KB, 849x473) Image search: [Google]
Edge-226-Dark-Souls.jpg
160 KB, 849x473
i can there still be not a single posable Souls figure on the market? I don't understand. Its such a huge franchise with a fanbase willing to pay for merch, and a figure of ANY of those armor designs would be perfect. They even produce statues as if it was nothing. just add joints for gods sake.

Neca, Three A, SHF, ANYTHING.
>>
>Its such a huge franchise

people only care about new games on release and hype building around it

>with a fanbase willing to pay for merch

how? jurrassic world and guardians of the galaxy are popular movies but more cd albums for the OST sold compared so the toys that warmed shelves. people are likely to buy something more for novelty than a serious collectible
>>
>>5625140
>>5625140
but with all these statues Souls does have serious collectibles that people are willing to buy.
>>
File: shopguide_radio_18.jpg (90 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shopguide_radio_18.jpg
90 KB, 800x600
Also here is a direct comparison to From Software's other large franchise that has been around since the PSOne era and already cateers to a preexisting fanbase seeing how mechs are a larger part than Tolkien or Fantasy.
>>
how hardcore can you make Darksouls figures?

>5.5" scale. Not 1/18, 1/12, 1/6, 3.75", 7", nope.
>Clear plastic joints
>Flaky Chrome on rubbery parts
>...
>>
I'm honestly surprised NECA hasn't gotten into this
>>
>>5625144
Souls does not have a serious fanbase. People only care about the video games and how it relates to them, not how much a history buff one can be because no one cares about history. There is no consistent market for classic D&D fantasy, not even Funko could encourage those Magic the Gathering Action figures but their Game of Throne Pops sell more because of the show being relevant and contributing to those sales of Pops
>>
>>5625149
I can't believe Mcfarlane's Walking Dead out lived their Left 4 Dead.
>>
>>5625144
Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World got statues too anon. Who were they made for?
>>
>>5625140
>but more cd albums for the OST sold compared so the toys that warmed shelves
maybe because the toys were utter fucking shit, and they're just dinosaurs? There isn't really an abundance of good generic armored figures out there.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (66 KB, 400x375) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
66 KB, 400x375
>>5625158
>There isn't really an abundance of good generic armored figures out there.
>>
>>5625159
I'm trying to figure out if you're actually retarded or not.
>>
>>5625158
Maybe adults don't want children's toys and its more profitable to sell media than toys. Guardians got decent action figures and dolls though
>>
>>5625160
I'm trying to figure out when you'll ante up and buy those classic fantasy action figures 4H did on kick starter
>>
>>5625161
>Maybe adults don't want children's toys
you're saying this on a board full of adults that buy children's toys.
>>
>>5625164
You're right. We all seem to enjoy what already exists and not cry about some stupid video game never getting toys because it doesn't matter. Get good and buy those 4 Horsemen Kickstarter action figures now.
>>
>>5625162
I'm just not sure why you posted a picture of a bunch of starwars figures. The 4H figures look about neca-tier as far as articulation goes. I'm not even OP, I'm not saying we need dark souls figures, they probably wouldn't sell that well realistically.
>>
>>5625166
>We all seem to enjoy what already exists
do I need to link you to all the u knoe threads?
>>
>>5625169
oh right, the crossboarders that cry for attention and need their dicks to rub out onto their waifu and not feel like a empty shell of a man because of the strenuous demand reality expects from them and can't satisfy their exaggerated ego from the shackles of the mind.

>>5625167
I'm not surf why knoe threads exist. pathetic excuse of humanity if you ask me
>>
>>5625173
k
>>
praise le sol
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>5625136
>i can there still be not
>>
>>5625173
Jesus fucking hell, you just tipped your fedora so hard you probably snapped your own neck.
>>
>>5625189
its satisfying knowing anons such as op will continue to make these threads further validating how empty they feel because their favorite flavour of the year vidya game has no toys
>>
>>5625144
I think this is a case where the fanbase largely doesn't crossover with toy collecting fanbase.This is especially the case inJapan where articulated figures for adults are still relatively new and niche. Look at the Dragonball or Showa Godzilla fandoms; there's a ton of statues for both released all the time, but figurewise lines for adult collectors don't do that well over there.
>>
>>5625191
I can hear your fedora snapping, anon-kun.
>>
>>5625166
shit, it's subjectanon folks, pack your backs, report and hide, there is no point to arguing with this faggot.
>>
>>5625195
>wahwahwah no dark souls toys for me
>guys its subjectanon he is the bully injecting my thread with a dose of reality

no thank you
>>
>>5625197
here is your (you), you sad, strange little man.
>>
>>5625191
>I think this is a case where the fanbase largely doesn't crossover with toy collecting fanbase

I think you're full of shit.
>>
File: Dark-Souls-3-Funko.jpg (131 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-Funko.jpg
131 KB, 970x545
>>5625199
I would buy you a dark souls action figure but this is what (you) really deserve, despite being the only one Funko will produce due to low popularity, /v/-kun
>>
>>5625202
Wow, you sure are triggering me subjectanon, just seeing a funko pop drives me into catatonic states of pissing and shitting myself.

Good thing I already have a red knight statue sitting on my desk, and a resin estus flask, and the dark souls 2 statue, and the in game maps of all three games on my walls.

Wow, now that I think about it, it looks like subject anon is wrong, again. People want merch of their favorite game franchise!
>>
File: armoredcore2.jpg (94 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
armoredcore2.jpg
94 KB, 500x509
>>5625202
lol, is this all From Software made? How come Armored Core has Chokogins, Robot Damashiis, D-Styles, 1/72 scale model kits and all that good stuff? Why does a franchise that is way more popular than Dark Souls, celebrated by western fans you and me alike doesn't get model kits from Kotobukiya?
>>
>>5625208
>I want merch

Feels lonely huh? Being the only dedicated player of a meme game no one takes seriously. A Funko is a perfect summary of Dark Souls. A perfect product meant to fill in the gaps of the wall.
>>
>>5625202
Wait, Red Knight? I wasn't paying attention to anything before the game actually came out legitimately so i wouldn't be spoiled, was Red Knight supposed to be another name for the Soul of Cinder?
>>
>>5625215
This isn't /v/. You could try asking them there.
>>
>>5625213
oh yes, you sure are getting me so upset by trying to use funko pop as a buzzword. good thing I o collect a few of them anyways, making your shitting baiting completely moot.

Also I fail to grasp the logic of the souls series being a meme game that no one takes seriously, yet is on the fifth game in the series since 2009. Must be that shitty grasping at straws subjectanon is king at.
>>
>>5625218
Fair point, but if it'd distract people from replying to subjecttranny then i thought i'd give it an ask while i'm here.

That and i don't want to go to /v/.
>>
>>5625222
>>5625215
Red knight is the term for the promotional player character, who used firelink armor and dual scimitars.
>>
>>5625220
Dark Souls has been around for a mere five years? Wew, armored core got like a abundance of model kits within the first few. I guess fantasy really is dead and robots reign supreme over meme games no one will bother to remember once it ends. Shame you're diehard attitude is a valiant, and might I add, wasted effort for such a shallow series of games. Go buy the 4H kickstarters now, seeing how its all that exists.
>>
>>5625222
>That and i don't want to go to /v/.
>makes a thread about /v/ and inviting /v/-kuns

no thank you
>>
>>5625194
lol wut. That was my first post in this thread. where does this fedora shit come in?
>>5625200
Its just a guess. The Souls statues may stem from Souls fans being the type to buy collector's editions of games, but not necessarily the type to buy an individual figure.
>>
>>5625228
I'm not op, anon.
>>
>>5625230
Statues are pointless and shallow as this franchise deserves better treatment than some jap crap.
>>
>>5625136
>Its such a huge franchise with a fanbase willing to pay for merch,

so people spending money for the game = spending money on products sold under their brand?
>>
>>5625225
Wow, it's like robots are more popular in japan than western knights in armor.
you are floundering, subjectanon, try another tactic besides using buzzwords like 'meme' and 'funko pop' while trying to shill a kickstarter.
>>
>>5625234
Works for Metal Gear.
>>
>>5625235
its sad seeing anons reject the only company making tradiitonal fantasy action figures. I guess you didn't even buy the bridge direct series for the hobbit movie. Shame you're a /v/ crossboarder and don't understand why this game is a meme that people forget about in less than a years time
>>
>>5625236
Metal Gear has been around longer though. Oh you think comparing your hot new meme game with no identifying characters and boring generic fantasy lore puts it on an equal level to jack the nanomachine ripper? nanomachines son, nanomachines
>>
>>5625240
Subjecttranny you're just embarrassing yourself now.
>>
>>5625240
Praise the SUUUNNNNN
>>
>>5625239
Subjectanon, are you so utterly retarded you cannot perform simple math?
Dark souls 1 came out in 2011, dark souls 2 in 2014 and now dark souls 3 in 2016. every single game is more than a year apart.
whatever point you are trying to make falls completely flat since basic reality eludes you.
>>
>>5625241
>>5625243
Armored Core came out in 1991 and Metal Gear started in the 80s. Comparing franchises with robots that have been around longer with a more relatable demograph, seeing how machines are superior, is hilarious because fantasy will never be taken seriously.
>>
If Dark Souls had an eager fanbase willing to pay money for action figures of it this thread wouldn't even exist. It just proves how right I am and how dead Classic Fantasy is in the main stream populous.
>>
>>5625245
hot opinion, subjectanon, regurgitate it a few more times while crying about how forgettable dark souls is, ignoring the utterly rampant die hard fanbase it has.
>>
>>5625247
how can the fans buy something that doesn't exist, subjectanon?
you are aware of what an 'untapped market' it, right?
>>
>>5625248
Armored Core got new model kits revealed at Winter Wonder Festival this year. Where was Dark Souls? no where to be seen. Its funny and sad how all this proof just phases past your delusion that the series is popular like game of thrones when it clearly isn't
>>
>>5625249
Untapped Market? If your idea is so hot go start your own company and make something of it instead of crying about no one else doing it. Go prove me wrong and make action figures of your favorite game.
>>
>>5625250
you already tried that logic here, >>5625225 which I countered here, >>5625235
Try harder. Repeating the same argument just shows how little you actually have at hand.
>>
>>5625249
Stop replying to subjecttranny, you'll never be able to coax out any rationality or intelligence from them.
>>
He-Man is a good example of Fantasy right? that new movie is gonna get toys. will they end up warming shelves or proving children care about fantasy and not just minecraft inspired nexo knights with video game bit graphics?
>>
>>5625251
I'm not crying about the lack of toys. I'm simply dismantling your logic at every step.
If I could suddenly make a toy company and get the rights to make toys of dark souls designs, I would, but real life just doesn't happen like that, I'm sure you didn't realize that.
>>
>>5625252
Saying Dark Souls has profitability for action figures just shows how incompetent you are and will never make your own company to make such toys.
>>
They should just do a KS like they're doing for the board game, it has raked in over a million dollars already.
>>
>>5625258
>scamstarter

lel, to further prove how no one would buy it?
>>
>>5625254
There's a He-Man movie coming out?

So long as Skeletor looks great then that's already a success in my books, i'll be snatching that up seconds after it's touched the shelf.
>>
>>5625256
Profitable series = profitable merchandise.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOM3OCAQMP8

lol, this board game is meant to teach how to play the video game, how the hell is playing a board game with pen and paper in any way the same as playing a video game that stresses timing and keeping up with attacks to know when to strike and slay the dragon? delusioins I say
>>
>>5625263
hey kid, focus, your logic has been blown apart at every turn, stop trying to find new material, it will just fail as well. realize you can't argue or debate at all, and just end up looking more and more retarded the more you try.
>>
File: 1435125287286.png (43 KB, 314x292) Image search: [Google]
1435125287286.png
43 KB, 314x292
>>5625263
Many autism

Such sperg

Wow
>>
>>5625255
>I'm simply dismantling your logic at every step.
>in a thread where op cries about the lack of toys no one wants to make toys of seeing how the franchise started five years ago but anon is too lazy to make his own company

no thank you
>>
>>5625265
>your logic has been blown apart at every turn

if that was true there would be toys already. Monster Hunter has revoltechs and other stuff because its more popular and not just a meme game. face it, dark souls is a meme and no collector action figures of it will get made
>>
>>5625267
you made the thread, kid. you seriously don't think people are as stupid as you, do you?
>>
>>5625136
>i can there still be not a single posable Souls figure on the market? I don't understand

no one wants to
>>
>>5625271
still using buzzwords I see, even after I called you out on it, you just are going to double down and repeat everything you have already said.
Must suck being that stupid. Enjoy this thread getting deleted in the near future.
>>
Its nice. Being right. When action figures get consistently made of this game give me a call and dismantle my logic then. Otherwise you're all grasping at straws and crying like Op is because his soul died ;)
>>
>>5625276
It wouldn't need to be deleted at all if you had just ignored subjecttranny.
>>
>>5625276
Enjoy owning no action figures of this franchise and /v/-kuns like op making thread after thread crying about the lack of their favorite meme game never getting toys.
>>
>op cries about no toys
>anons defend their meme game ignoring no toys existing currently

no thank you
>>
>>5625290
>poster count is still 10
>>
>>5625281
again, it's obvious you made the thread so you could shitpost, subjectanon.
unless you really want us to believe this thread was created and you just happened to be the first one to post so you could spit your rhetoric that you have repeated since at least dark souls 2 came out.
>>
So how about BloodBourne? Oh right, has no toys either....
>>
>>5625294
>Still at 10
>>
>>5625293
>its been two dark souls and still no company made toys of this meme series

wew
>>
>>5625298
>meme
you mean 'generic designs' right? since that's what you repeated ad nauseam last time.
>>
>>5625302
why do people care about video games anyways? this isn/t /v/ afterall. don't see how wishful thinking threads are in any way helpful
>>
>>5625307
why does anyone care about anything? this isn't the correct board after all. don't see how wishful thinking threads are in any way helpful
>>
>>5625307
Why don't you leave then?
>>
>>5625152
That was Neca not McFarlane. Get your shit straight /v/
>>
>>5625313
why doesn't op be happy with his statue and funko pop? crying about it instead of making his own custom like Nipponese do is just another example of the failure of the declining western world
>>
>87 posts
>10 posters
>>
>>5625316
Neca should get their shit straight and redo their Valve licenses.
>>
>>5625319
So Fantasy is dead? Glad we agree.
>>
>>5625318
>>5625209
>>5625225
>>5625147
fourth time is the charm, right?
>>
>>5625319
Why can't people just report and ignore subjecttranny?
>>
>>5625330
>there is one person in this thread
>wahwahwah

no thank you
>>
>>5625330
I could, I'm just having too much fun pointing out his failings.
It's kinda like a verbal punching back, no matter how many times we point out how retarded he is, he just asks for more. he must be getting off to it.
>>
>>5625322
Last time I heard Valve was the problem not Neca's.

Get your shit straight.
>>
>>5625332
He IS getting off on it, that's the only reason why he comes here to shitpost. Just to get (you)s and feel satisfied about ruining threads for everyone else.

There's no point in destroying subjecttranny's logic because there is no logic behind it, he just wants to bait out any kind of response they can.

Don't fall for bait, anon.
>>
>>5625332
whats retarded is how these threads keep getting made
>>
>>5625336
>>5625335
the thread can't be ruined, subjectanon made it. it's a kamikaze attack.
>>
>>5625336
Whiney ass /v/ polluting this board.
>>
>>5625338
Whiney ass subjectanon polluting this board.
>>
>>5625337
how can dark souls be ruined when it has no toys?
>>
>>5625341
It can't, mostly because your shitty posting, your shitposting, if you would, doesn't affect the toy, game, toilet or computer industry in any capacity at all.
here is your (you), now do the thing where you repeat something you already said for the fifth time.
>>
>>5625343
>It can't

then theres nothing to talk about and dark souls doesn't belong here. by the way I'm Jequin
>>
>>5625344
thanks for barking like a good, little bitch :^)
>>
>>5625348
you gonna bite me now? =^}
>>
>>5625344
>that faggot oryx posted
>poster count didn't go up

Well now, oryx is confirmed for being subjecttranny. I always knew you were a dick, but now i guess you'd rather mutilate yourself into being a cunt instead.

You shouldn't bother, you're cuntish enough already.
>>
File: Campfire.jpg (130 KB, 533x624) Image search: [Google]
Campfire.jpg
130 KB, 533x624
>>5625332
...that's dumb, you're dumb. Like the first thing you're supposed to learn when you start posting on the internet is to not feed the trolls. By you arguing with him, no matter whether or not you feel you're "winning", you just give him fuel to keep on coming back. He doesn't care whether he's right or not, he wants attention and you giving it to him is exactly what he wants.

Never argue with an idiot, because they'll eventually bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

As for the original topic at hand, I agree that Dark Souls is ripe for the toy market. But From has shown almost no interest in it. Armored Core has just as large (used to be bigger) of a fan base and it's merch is oddly sporadic and random with almost as many reboots as the series itself. It's also mostly model kits and not so much actual toys aside from a few specific pieces here and there. There was a time back during the AC2 days where it had a dedicated toy-line, but iirc it was short lived and poorly distributed.

That said, Bandai does have that Sprue-kit line of playable model kits. Maybe they should throw some DS based kits into that line to see how things go. It would be cheaper and safer then creating a dedicated toy line for the series, and would allow people to eventually mix and match sets to create toys based on what the average in game character looks like.
>>
>>5625463
No, anon. stop spreading that bullshit. 'Feeding the troll' implies trolls will eventually stop if they don't get a reply. Retards do not stop, they never will. That's why peon and subjectanon have been around, doing the same thing they always do for years, longer than even I have been here, even after they go months of getting almost no replies.

So instead of just repeating the 'hide, report, ignore' thing, why not get some fun out of it? Call him a fucking retard, poke holes in everything they say, enjoy yourself as you make a fool of them, since they want it anyways. It's not going to matter because whether you do or don't, nothing will change.
>>
File: P1130547.jpg (612 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
P1130547.jpg
612 KB, 1200x1600
>>5625191
Wrong.
>>
>>5626147
shame assasins creeds was a failure like their WoW line was, further proving how dead fantasy is.
>>
>>5626152
Keep barking, bitch.
>>
>>5625463
Yo, what figure is that anyways?
>>
>>5626155
>WoW was a major flop
>Halo is still alive
>Assasins creeds floped
>CoD is thriving with their military gun themes
>Destiny is literally in the Op for the building blocks line and all the hype for the game hypes up the line become on equal footing with the space/gun themes

Face ts anon. Not even McFarlane could muster up enough revenue with their failed game of thrones line, which walking dead is reign in nicely further proving how dead fantasy is
>>
>>5626161
You keep saying that, yet fantasy themed games are still coming out and making huge bank. Even funko legacy's skyrim line flies off the shelf.
So, keep barking the one argument you have, little bitch.
>>
>>5626165
>yet fantasy themed games
>VIDEEEEEEO GAMES
>/toy/

no thank you
>>
>>5626167
>fantasy toy line also included as to why fantasy is not dead
>ignore that to shitpost

No thank you, bitch.
>>
>>5626165
>Even funko legacy's skyrim line flies off the shelf.

yea, making only a few after how badly magic the gathering and game of thrones sold was a pretty safe bet i doubt they won't do again ever
>>
>>5626169
you mention video games and no examples of succesful fantasy toy lines within the past ten years. why is the halo magebloks toyline still around when the wow flopped, considering both franchises have been around for years?
>>
>>5626179
Gee, it's like figures based off of a cardgame don't sell as hot as anything else.
That's some shocking logic you just now realized, bitch.
>>
>>5626184
they were characters specifically made for and taken from a video game that seems to be doing fairly well. its sad how you can't see just how dead the fantasy genre is in the toy market and only works in niche markets like the 4H kickstarter and whatever japan makes with their historical inspired samurais
>>
File: You Died.jpg (360 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
You Died.jpg
360 KB, 900x675
>>5626077
That's dumb. You're being dumb again. Stop being dumb.

The only time watching two retards fight was fun was that one episode of South Park. Otherwise it's just sad.

>>5626158
It's one of the Mythic Legions Test Shot figures with some slight part swapping and accessories. They really are cool toys and I wish the line would be able to see a wider release. I have a bunch more on the way from the KS which should be shipping soon.

Though that said, I been looking for "Dark Souls" styled figures for these guys to fight. Basically, Dark Fantasy typed toys with decent articulation in a 6"ish scale. I would love to find a toy I can use as a hollowed Dregling, with as popular as Zombies have been in the past few years I figured it'd be easy to find a basic, articulated Zombie. But there just isn't anything decent out there.
>>
>>5626215
Fucking cool. I want one.
>>
>>5626215
>But there just isn't anything decent out there.

its like its unprofitable and not worth tapping into
>>
>>5626215
>Search online
>Literally almost no way to get any of the figures unless you jumped on the Kickstarter

Fucking hell.
>>
>>5626259
Uh, guy. They're releasing the figures to the public in a few weeks for order after they ship kickstarter figs. I'm going all in. Keep an eye on facebook and their kickstarter.
>>
>>5626251
Except I was talking about Zombies, which are everywhere.

>>5626259
When they finally ship out, any extra stock will be sold through the Four Horsemen's website. They're currently in transit to the 4H shop in Jersey and should start shipping to backers in a few weeks, so they'll go up on the store shortly after.

Over time they'll come out with more figures, including a second KS and various mid-wave releases. Just keep checkin their website and you should be able to grab something. Again, it's a shame these guys are gonna see such a limited release, the 4H make some really good stuff.
>>
File: drizztsue.png (95 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
drizztsue.png
95 KB, 400x400
>>5625136
>one guy crying about subjectanon
>not even in this thread
until now.

Geez, so much want for generic knights.
Lots and lots of knight toys out there or will be coming out, but the fanbase is much too ardent to accept it unless it comes with the trademark copyrighted box and From Soft logo on the bottom of the foot.

Of course, more popular fantasy franchises get toylines and those bomb.

You know what character would sell a million figures if made into a proper toy?

I really do love how fans KNOW that Dark Souls will sell, despite no company taking this juicy franchise that will sell a million toys. They're obviously just racist, because why else would they not take the license to make billions of dollars off it?
>>
>>5627048
Wow... You are really bad at this. You should at least not repeat your earlier argument after claiming you are just now posting in this thread.
Though subjectanon doesn't call himself that. How odd.
>>
File: Power-Lords-Review-gylos.jpg (42 KB, 592x524) Image search: [Google]
Power-Lords-Review-gylos.jpg
42 KB, 592x524
>>5627113
>two people can't be repeating some common sense
Not sure why the argument went down the road about Armored Core or whatever that was about "you" should make your own toyline about it

Still, the fact remains that no one has picked up the license, because it's not a money train.
You get two or three statues, because statues sell a couple thousand, if that.
An articulated toyline needs at least 5k, unless the figure is going ot cost more than $80 or so bucks.

You really can't blame any company from not bothering to make toys for this line, especially when fantasy toys aren't that wanted.
You're better off pleading with a tiny company and hope they try and buy up the license, like 4H does with nostalgiashit, but you better have more than just yourself crying at them for it. They're not going to listen to even a hundred nerds. You need more than that for them to consider anything, unless they're massive fans like 4H is with kitschy old shit.
>>
>>5627124
>I'm not same fagging, I am just arguing the same thing as another, verbatim
>it's just a coincidence
>>
File: 4h-stone-troll-pre-order-3.jpg (390 KB, 759x900) Image search: [Google]
4h-stone-troll-pre-order-3.jpg
390 KB, 759x900
>>5627173
>it's just a coincidence that companies like making money
>there's no way another person would even consider making toylines based on popular franchises that make a lot of money in merch
>no one else notices that fantasy toylines do poorly
>there's so few fantasy toylines right now no one can name them all
yes, everyone who disagrees with you is samefag and they're all subjectanon.

You know what I was glad to hear about? This was actually more popular than 4H expected.
>>
>>5627176
Must be sad you have to act like anyone else agrees with your argument. But hey, move those goal posts.
>>
>>5627179
>moving goal posts = someone else said something different, but everyone who disagrees with me is samefag
Nevermind that oyu accused me of being someone from earlier for having the same argument, so... how could it be moving the goalpost anyway?
>>
File: 1455074923389.png (379 KB, 635x466) Image search: [Google]
1455074923389.png
379 KB, 635x466
>>5627179
Stop replying to subjecttranny.

You are engaging in their masturbation every time you do.
>>
>>5627214
I only called you a samefag. I made no argument about fantasy being dead or whatever the fuck you are repeating again.
You are blatantly samefagging, that's all that matters because you alone sit atop the shitpile that is your opinion, no matter how hard you try to fool others.
>>
>>5627229
But I'm getting off to it too. If he is a masochist, I am a sadist. It's just too much fun to stop and it's only hurrying his ban along.
>>
File: 1449136251728.jpg (38 KB, 320x437) Image search: [Google]
1449136251728.jpg
38 KB, 320x437
>>5627233
...well ok, fair enough then.

Subjecttranny containment general then, everyone get in here and try to trigger him as much as you can.

Anyone else love how unnoticeable the new face painting method that the Star Wars Figuarts have been using? It's miles above anything hasbro could ever even try to do. And not just the painting, the proportions for figuarts are simply sublime, much better than the stocky and gorilla like american action figures.
>>
>>5627239
You know what my favorite thing about the star wars figuarts line is?
the stormtrooper's incredibly source accurate helmet.
>>
>>5627230
>the shitpile that is your opinion
>implying fantasy lines are popular
>implying From Soft is rejecting multi-million dollar bids for their Dark Souls license
>implying this thread doesn't have just 19 posters which totally shows all that pent up demand
I bet that alternate time line you come from has this figure that actually came out and had 15 waves afterward, huh?
>>
>>5627244
this thread only has 19 posters because it's your thread. so few people actually care about your super hot opinion you spout off to the point of predictability.
>>
>>5627242
I dunno, i think i prefer the articulation on them, the ankle swivels add such a huge new layer of posing to the figures. It makes any toy without ankle rockers look like a piece of lego in comparison.
>>
>>5627246
wow, so now I'm OP too?
I must have a bunch of clones out there.

Maybe you should get some clones too, and have them all have jobs, so they can pay money to make Dark Souls a popular franchise where actual people will support merch sales.
>>
>>5627253
You are the op, we have covered this several times, subjectanon.
unless you still think people believe you just happened to be the first one to post on some random anon's thread about your one of your most baited of subjects.
>>
>>5625263
I would still play that if someone invite me though.
>>
Dark Souls is a depressing, long, and painful to play game full of grind and timing issues. The people who play it won't buy toys of it and regular folks won't want drippy shit smeared skeleton spiders for figures.
>>
>>5625225
>articulated medieval knight
Why is this such a rarity? Seems like something that would be more common.
>>
>>5625319
I wonder if they're the same people who would post in Corvette vs GTR/Mustang vs M3/etc shitposting threads on /o/.
>>
>>5626215
Which of those Mythic Legions knights is that? I thought it was just the silver knight with the plume removed, but looking at the pics on the 4H site the armor looks different.
>>
>>5627927

He's said it before.

It's a test shot, so it's not a production figure whatsoever.

It's a standard knight with some different pauldrons and skirt, probably.

Also, the plume can be removed on any of the knights.
>>
>>5627893
I want them, and I've broken 3 controllers over the course of all the games.
>>
>>5626215
Can't wait until their first couple of lines go on pre-order. Pre-ordered two in march. Can't wait.
>>
>>5627176
I love 4H mainly mythic legions
>>
>>5626215
What did you use for his straps or whatever the fuck theyre called?
>>
File: Ride On.jpg (189 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Ride On.jpg
189 KB, 900x675
>>5627893
Says you. There actually IS a Skeleton Spider toy out there and it's impossible to find. Though a skeleton spider makes absolutely no sense seeing as spiders have exoskeletons, but just the idea alone is freaking bad ass.

>>5627927
>>5627931
The actual figure is a test shot of Sir Owain mixed with pieces from a Clavian test shot. For the most part, the collars, pauldrons and skirts are easily swappable, and the limbs can be swapped with the boil-n-pop trick. I took Clavian's exposed left bone forearm and skeletal neck piece, his small collar and small pauldron and popped them onto the Owain body, which is basically a silver knight with a larger collar. I kind of want to paint him up some, but I have no experience with that and being a limited run figure (only 10 made of each character) I'm very hesitant to do so.

But he was bought for the sole purpose of being an Elite Armor inspired figure in my collection.

>>5628185
The belt is stolen from the Marvel Select Van Helsing figure, as is the axe and the red shoulder piece. The chest strap is leather lacing I grabbed at Micheals, I'm trying to find more in different sizes and colors to create different strap types and belts for the other figures I'll be getting.

The Sword and sheath is from a LotR Toy Biz Ring Wraith, the Dagger and sheath is from an Art of War Guts figure and the lantern is a random thing I found with a piece of blue Tamashi flame shoved into it. The Shield is from the Stan Winston line of figures and came with Medieval Trakk. Though I had to mod a small handle onto it so he can actually hold it.

These guys are great blank slates for medieval fantasy mods and figures, and I've collected a ton of accessories that I'm hoping to use when I get the rest of my order in.
>>
File: 3hIpVg5.png (361 KB, 432x423) Image search: [Google]
3hIpVg5.png
361 KB, 432x423
>>5625136
If only.
>>
>>5627257
>you are the op
Geez, dude. Are you the same conspiracy guy from yesterday that i told needs to take meds for schizophrenia? It's starting to make sense on the type of people who obsess about me and get angry at people who don't feed your delusions.

>>5627895
>Why is this such a rarity? Seems like something that would be more common.
Because the type of people who are into fantasy mostly come in two types: casuals who'll only watch the movie and stop right there.
The fa/tg/uy who'll read all the books and play the games, and if he really wants more, buy the models for table top gaming.
Even kids aren't all that into fantasy/knight buggery, as exampled by LEGO trying and trying to make medieval theme sets.

Was there a time when kids were ever interested in medieval stuff? Having seen Toy Biz's yearly statement shows that shit was slowing down with Return of hte King.
Seems like the only thing that kids always want are sci fi.
>>
>>5625463
>>5626215
>>5628363
I'm envious that you were able to snatch those test shot figures while they were available. Everything that goes up on storehorsemen is usually gone in a flash.

I have several Mythic Legions figures on their way (eventually), but I'm still hoping to grab a few generic knights, if they're ever available on their site.
>>
>>5628565
>Geez, dude. Are you the same conspiracy guy from yesterday that i told needs to take meds for schizophrenia?
Wow, you really felt so proud about that comeback that you're still talking about it?

And again, you have such a huge delusion that people are obsessed about you, rather than everyone just being sick of seeing your autistic ramblings sticking out like a sore thumb all over this board.

Why don't you try and get a real life instead of spending every waking moment desperate for someone to give you a (you)?
>>
>>5629025
>get called subjectanon, despite the fact I post anonymously
>eight other people are called subjectanon on this board everyday, just because someone disagreed with them
>not obsessive
>not irrational
So when are the lizard people going to make contact with you next?
>>
>>5629031
>implying we can't see your bullshit a mile away
You always post the same kinds of arguments and buzzwords over and over again.

Hell, just the fact that you ignored a majority of my post and just focused on the one thing you can make an argument out of is classic subjecttranny.

But hey, i'm not surprised, of course you wouldn't answer my question. I guess just reading it was enough to make you cry a little about your pathetic life.
>>
>>5629042
If you really want to show me, you should totally go after that person you think is me.
The illuminati will reward you greatly with free fluoride-nullifying elixirs.
>>
>>5629046
we have been, retard. only you have denied being subjectanon because we have only called you subjectanon, subjectanon. you are not fooling anyone, ever.
>>
>>5629046
Does it make it harder for you to type when your keyboard is covered in salty tears?
>>
>>5629055
>lack of proof is proof
because crab people will erase all evidence, eh?
>>
>>5629063
still not fooling anyone, but you don't care, you are just dying for this (you)
>>
>>5628363
Do you have any more pics of that knight? I loved the first two.
>>
File: photo_verybig_10269.jpg (141 KB, 645x425) Image search: [Google]
photo_verybig_10269.jpg
141 KB, 645x425
>>5627895
>Seems like something that would be more common.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>5625188
underrated post
>>
File: DS.jpg (373 KB, 900x793) Image search: [Google]
DS.jpg
373 KB, 900x793
>>5629019
I'm glad I got him as they're great figures and I love the dark grey of the knight. Some people have added some paint highlights to their test shots and it really makes the figures pop, but again novice at painting so I wanna actually get some experience with crappy figures first before moving onto a limited run test shot figure.

>>5629286
I have a few more I can post later tonight but I haven't taken too many since my camera battery stopped holding a charge. I'm hoping to try and get a new one (either camera or battery) and maybe even set up an area dedicated to taking decent pics.

Though to do that I kind of have to get my toy room in order, which is something I wanna finish doing before these guys start shipping out. Things have already gotten a bit cluttered from all the other stuff I've collected over the years, so finding space for more toys is just getting harder and harder to do.
>>
>>5629506
Thanks, that's an awesome shot! Is that werewolf from that line of Bigfoot figures that recently came out? I can't recall the name, but they had a Bigfoot, Yeti, and a few wolf related cryptids.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 430x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 430x342
All this talk about "Dark souls fans don't buy stuff" don't have much of a base, there have being no you attempt to know exactly

I'm surprised Funko did not attempt a figure on the legacy line , at least the "main knight".

But I'm not inform lately if the legacy line have stop or something

And probably there isn't go be much about it specially if the franchise is in hiatus
>>
>>5629621
gibberish
>>
>>5629647
At least I Try....
>>
File: 4022553973_05ec0b0190.jpg (124 KB, 374x500) Image search: [Google]
4022553973_05ec0b0190.jpg
124 KB, 374x500
Souls or not, die cast toys based on real-life suits of armor with swords, shields, spears, axes, maces, flails and other manner of medieval/renaissance era weaponry would be extremely fun.
>>
>>5629568
Yea, it's the Louisiana Rougnarou (or however it's spelt) from the Creature Replica line. It's a great show piece and works well as a beast for the knight. It's also freakin huge and the size adds to it's imposing presence.

>>5629621
The Skyrim/Fallout wave came out not too long ago so I wouldn't expect anything new from Funko for a while. That said, Funko doing Dark Sould toys would kind of be a monkey's paw type deal. It would be great to get *something* and I'm sure the sculpts would be decent, but the paint work would probably be terrible, the joints would be limited and super weak and the toy would probably be smaller then it should be. Still, if Funko made DS figures....I'd buy em.
>>
>>5628363
Sweet thanks for the info man, will definitly be picking them up to add to my knights
>>
>>5629704
you should do that anon. make your own toys like that
>>
>>5629704
There's a ton of 1/6 Crusaders and Three Kingdoms figures, but it'd be fantastic to have a 1/12 option out there.
>>
>>5629621
>dat engrish
I don't think you have a base to stand on either if you're talking about the lack of product.

Of course, we know that companies will make a product as long as they get enough money from it. So given the fact that companies have made various DS stuff and more stuff isn't bein produced, it points toward not enough interest to support more merch.
>>
>>5630328
There has only been games, books like strategy guides and art books, t-shirts and a few other scattered items. Not one toy has been made. So until a toy of a design from one of the games comes out, your argument can't be applied.
>>
>>5630379
>purposely ignoring the figurines, statues, minis, and figures
Just like toy companies who purposely ignore lowly properties like Dark Souls, because it doesn't get a lot of merch sales
>>
>>5630420
There is only 4 or 5 official statues, subjectanon. Try again when you have at least the facts with you.
>>
File: eggplant wizard.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
eggplant wizard.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>5630436
>there's so little merch because no one wants to make them, because they sell poorly
thank you for proving my point.
After 4 games, the lack of merch makes me think toy companies consider ita toxic license.

At least when no Metroid or Kid Icarus merch weren't being made, it's because Nintendo wasn't licensing that shit out before.

Also, is Jazwares or Jakks goign to make Kid Icarus figures?
>>
>>5630483
>greentexting your own words
Thanks for proving your last point holds no merrit, but thanks for moving the goal post, yet again.
>>
>>5630490
I'm sorry, sir.

So put in your own words why few companies want to make Dark Soul merch and why those that do, only make a paltry sum?
>>
>>5630495
No company has made any merch. That's the entire point I am making. You may be very well right that companies may not touch dark souls because fantasy hasn't had the best track record of sales when it comes to toys.
But until a dark souls line is made and bombs, you can't argue it's not a profitable series unless you can see the future. And your assumptions do not count.
>>
>>5630502
>You may be very well right that companies may not touch dark souls because fantasy hasn't had the best track record of sales when it comes to toys.
I'm pretty glad 4H is doing so well with fantasy figures, gives me hope that there could be more in the future.

For now I'm waiting for that army builder kickstarter to start up again so I can get a ton of skellies from that.
>>
The StoreHorsemen website says the sale for the mythic legions goes up on may 1st. Is that accurate or is that an old update?
>>
>>5630533
Pretty sure that's accurate, I haven't heard/seen anything about it opening up later.

Damn, I just realized that I have less than a week to decide what I actually want to get.
>>
File: licensing-expo-2016(1).png (69 KB, 301x251) Image search: [Google]
licensing-expo-2016(1).png
69 KB, 301x251
>>5630502
>There is only 4 or 5 official statues
>No company has made any merch.
That's some awesome backpedaling.
So which is it? There's no merch or there's been 4 or 5 statues made?

>you can't argue it's not a profitable series unless you can see the future.
Actually, a lot of companies provide packets of info to companies to advertise their sales, popularity of the brand, etc. If you're actually serious, the company can give out specific numbers on most anything.

But you wouldn't know this, because you're just a dumbshit who thinks companies just jump in blind.

Again, if a company thought there was money in this, they'd have already jumped on the license with the first Dark Souls (after Demon Soul's popularity), if not the second game.
>>
>>5630555
Statues are not toys, subjectanon. But I see trying to hold any debate with you is pointless, because you aren't out to prove anything, you just want these replies, so enjoy it, subjectanon.
>>
File: samus_1.jpg (62 KB, 497x600) Image search: [Google]
samus_1.jpg
62 KB, 497x600
>>5630563
Did i say statues?
No, i said merch, but what's wrong with statues anyway? That does show popularity of a license too. A lot of fans will buy that shit up, because there's nothing else to buy.

[b]All[/b] merch sales proves the viability of a property and a lot of companies will provide that sort of info in their packets.

Also, that's some really nice wiggling out of the discussion. You really hate reality, don't ya?
>>
>>5630533
>>5630540

That's an old description from when the original pre-orders were made. May 1st this year is a sunday not a friday, May 1st last year was the friday. Also, this release won't be a pre-order as they'll actually have the figures in stock and will ship them out shortly after you buy them.

They'll announce on the KS page, Sourcehorsemen and Mythic Legions Official page what day they'll actually go up for sale, but even that won't be until they started shipping out KS orders first.
>>
>>5630578
>Also, that's some really nice wiggling out of the discussion. You really hate reality, don't ya?
Not as much as you, clearly. Because you can't accept the possibility you may be wrong. Because you have seen the future or something. you don't know if a toy company is working on toys at this very moment, you don't know if dark souls toys would do well or not. You don't know anything but you continue to act like your assumptions are gospel truth, because that's the only way you can get others to give you these tasty (you)s.
>>
File: merch convention.jpg (221 KB, 594x387) Image search: [Google]
merch convention.jpg
221 KB, 594x387
>>5630581
>Because you can't accept the possibility you may be wrong
But i haven't, that's why i've been asking you
>So put in your own words why few companies want to make Dark Soul merch and why those that do, only make a paltry sum?
>So which is it? There's no merch or there's been 4 or 5 statues made?
You should be schooling me how Dark Souls is mega popular and how no one gives it a chance, instead of denying that statues don't count as merch or that companies don't market the shit out of their properties to get merch sales.
>>
>>5630607
I have admitted you very well may be right, twice now. But you sure do argue like your assumption can't be wrong.

I also never denied statues are merch. I told you statues are not toys, and your entire arguement is about how the TOYS would not be profitable. Besides, the other merch, strategy guides, sound tracks and artbooks sell well and go for exuberant prices on the aftermarket, why wouldn't it be the same for toys of dark souls?
>>
File: blog_figures_v2.jpg (516 KB, 1078x674) Image search: [Google]
blog_figures_v2.jpg
516 KB, 1078x674
>>5630578
im the engrlish anon
Statues are kind of a "nitch" kind of demographic, because most of the time, statues are really expensive.
Sure if you sell any of the statues, that probably say something.
But you cant pretend that the people 6"-7" figures are the same that buy big expensive heavy statues.

It could be that companies have some kind of number telling them "everything we try is going to bomb", but some times companies are pussies and dont get into trying stuff because they dont have confident on brands.

There is alot of factors that we dont know.
Maybe could just be Bandai cockblocking everybody and not letting the licence go around.

Because there have not being a single simple figure attempt to even try.

Even evolve got figures, and that bomb because the game bomb. Dark Souls at least have a history of growing success.
>>
>>5630579
cool beans. I'm happy I have to wait too long.
>>
File: metroidship.jpg (315 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
metroidship.jpg
315 KB, 600x960
>>5630614
what assumptions?
The fact that companies provide all the info a company wants on their sales?
The fact that other these companies that actually bought into the series don't make anything because of sales not being good?
I could be wrong about one thing, like a company making a figurine has terrible business sense and doesn't release anything else inspite of great sales, but when you add up everything else... well, water is wet.

>your entire arguement is about how the TOYS would not be profitable
Uh, nope.
>Just like toy companies who purposely ignore lowly properties like Dark Souls, because it doesn't get a lot of merch sales
Merch sales would support and entice any company into buying the license. I posted that Samus statue to show how something that's popular will get things made if there's demand in merch, more than once, or even twice.
>why wouldn't it be the same for toys of dark souls?
Same reason Magic toys do poorly or why Halo games sell millions of copies, while the toys fail. It demonstrates an uneven market, which will happen.

>>5630642
collector action figures are a niche hobby too, but there's going to be an overlap because it caters to the same crowd. I used to and still buy inarticulated figurines and toys if something i really like doesn't get an actual toy made. I don't buy as much figurine crap anymore though.... unless i count models. Because where the fuck are all the fucking medieval toys?!!?

Oh well, i just have to deal with what little is actually made and buy alternatives too.
Show your support for medieval/fantasy toys if you want to demonstrate there's a market big enough for more than just a couple of indie lines like HACKS or 4H's stuff.
>>
>>5630694
Seriously, subject anon? You aren't going to do anything but repeat your same arguments over and over again even after all that, then shill for a toy brand people in this thread have already been vocal about wanting? Do you really just want these (you)s that bad or do you just have the memory capacity of a goldfish?
>>
File: 4hep04.jpg (155 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
4hep04.jpg
155 KB, 480x640
>>5630705
>repeat your same arguments over and over again
>2+2=4
>same old shit! can't you come up with something else?!
Sorry if reality is too boring for you.

But i really love how when you can't actually come up with an actual reason you just go back to strawmanning and namecalling.
Because everyone who disagrees with you being samefag totally proves Dark Souls is denied toys because flatearth rulers don't want people like yourself to be enlightened by awesome medieval toys.
>>
>>5630716
Same argument. Again. Argue something else that everyone doesn't disprove in ten words or less.
>>
File: 4h mythic legion.jpg (300 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4h mythic legion.jpg
300 KB, 640x480
>>5630719
>disprove
Oh really?
You provided proof that companies are making more products because fans are buying up everything in sight because it's that popular?

Oh, what's that? This thread is to bitch about the lack of that?
Reality sure sucks and that's why you devolve into a angry teary eyed kid.
>>
>>5630730
Same. Argument. Again. Say anything else. Anything else besides repeating yourself over and over again
>>
>>5625148

Diecast, rubber, and chrome all over the armor.
>>
>>5630738
He frankly doesn't know enough about toys to begin to even have anything else to say.
>>
>>5630847
I'm sure he can at least bullshit another reply, but he has like 3 arguments he rewords over and over again in this thread. I don't know why he is doing that.
>>
>>5625209
What are you, retarded? Armored core is barely relevant now, Darksouls sells much more.
>>
>>5625213
>time to choke down moke coke and doritios while I shitpost on toy again!
>man, I should really buy some mini pads for the underside of my itty bitty man tittys
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.