[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some things toy video reviewers do that piss you of?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: tj.jpg (126 KB, 1019x703) Image search: [Google]
tj.jpg
126 KB, 1019x703
What are some things toy video reviewers do that piss you of?

Some things that make me a bit vexed are:
to much fucking time on the box
cant keep the toy in focus
dosent know how the toy works
Missing pieces of the toy
>>
Im always drinking cherry coke
>>
>>5614187

Why bitch about it? How sad is your fucking life? Try spending your time talking about things you actually like. If video reviews aren't your thing, move on. It doesn't warrant this catty grade school bullshit.
>>
>>5614187
I somewhat enjoy tj, other than he only does 1 take so you get to deal with stutters.
>>
>>5614204
Tj pls
>>
nasally voice
greasy/dirty hands
no prior knowledge of the item they are reviewing
Taking too long on some personal intro/showing their face instead of getting straight to the toy.
>>
>>5614187
>boring, depressive, droning voice
Stop drinking gin before recording videos Anthony
>overzealous shilling
GET YOUR BIG BAD ASS TOYS AT BIG BAD TOY STORE, CLICK THE LINK THE DESCRIPTION BELOW, etc.
>talking in the third person
Not my biggest gripe, but it's fucking weird man, I'm talking about you ToySpot.
>shitty camera work
I like Outsidethebox reviews, but his backdrop and camera work are extremely lazy, his lighting isn't great either.
Putting a figure in front of a camera and talking about it for 10 minutes doesn't make for an interesting review.
>no research into source material of the toy they're reviewing
Another strike for Anthony. Most of his figma reviews can be summed up with 'uhhhh I'm not familiar with what this guy is supposed to be but it looks cool I guess'
>showing their face, ever
Just don't, it's totally necessary
>doing the entire review with the camera pointed at themselves, fumbling around with the toy in their hands
oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>5614235
totally unnecessary**

God damn it's late
>>
>>5614187
I remember a video where Optibotimus wasted time playing his cat.

In general for me I hate:
- lack of editing
- theme songs (especially if they go well over 30 seconds)
- constant endorsements: SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL. SHOP AT BIG BAD TOY STORE etc
- they're so fake on the review because the company gave them first dibs
>>
>>5614235
>overzealous shilling

What? they obviously need to make money out of it somehow, a 2 second ad it's hardly annoying.
>>
>>5614247
>Toy reviewer confirmed
>>
>>5614247
>a 2 second ad is hardly annoying
It's more like 10 seconds, and it feels like 60.

>they obviously need to make money out of it somehow
Get a job.
>>
Intro that lasts more than 45 seconds.

Then pointless muh perso al history re the toy for another 5 minutes.

Dumbfuck sounding accents.

Meade's going teeheehee

2old's son
>>
>>5614257
>Intro that lasts more than 45 seconds.

I usually skip to 0:20 when I want to watch a toy review, if the review hasn't started by then I close to tab and look elsewhere.
>>
>>5614252
>Get a job.

Listen, I Kong you hate working at McDonald's, but that doesn't mean everyone has to work there for it to count as a "real" job.
>>
>>5614252
>Get a job.

or maybe stop buying so many expensive toys of characters you have no real interest in at the very least
>>
>>5614263
McDonalds job > claiming bennies like some /r9k/ neet
>>
>>5614263
>record video > edit video (optional) > add shill links to description > upload video

Oh you poor little dear, have some free money for talking about your toys for ten minutes a day.
>>
>what did you do today anon
>y'know, talked shit about guys for not talking about toys the way I feel they should
>fuck yeah
>>
>>5614187
Specifically TJ?

How's he's 30yo+ and mooching off Government Autism funbucks and living in his parents home still.
>Greasy as fuck looking.
>I would put money down that he has BO at all times of the day
>Pizzaface
>Scammer
>Autist as shit
>Brony
>Manchild
>Nostaglafag something fierce.

He's literally /v/ and /toy/ in human form.
>>
Too often the actual review takes a back seat to their eceleb bullshit. You review toys. I don't care about you or any other shit you bought, stay off camera and show me the damn toy.

I give thew a pass because he has the rare gift of being actually entertaining and I only watch him to be entertained I don't care about transformers.
>>
>>5614276
>what did you do today anon
>I tried to talk shit to some people who were criticizing my favourite toy reviewers but they all laughed at me instead
>>
>>5614282
>I don't care about you

then why are you talking about them

:)
>>
>>5614187
When they don't edit their videos, holy shit. I'll permit the reviewer one outtake, and put it at the end of the video. That's what I've done with my 2 reviews, just something stupid. But don't have your entire video full of blunders and shit, clean it up. It's not hard.

Also, these videos shouldn't be 15 minutes long, they should be 5. Why the fuck do they take so long?
>>
>>5614287
>Also, these videos shouldn't be 15 minutes long, they should be 5. Why the fuck do they take so long?

I think that's something to do with youtube royalty.
Longer video = more ad revenue, or something like that, I'm not sure.

I saw a video once that exposed some Youtubers who would add several minutes of complete filler 'content' to their videos just to pass the 10 minute mark.
>>
>>5614247
shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>5614235
>spending like thirty seconds talking about the box

For fuck's sake, I know MISB is a thing for some people, but is it really necessary to spend the first part of the review talking about a piece of cardboard? I can understand it if the box is somehow unusual, like if it's got special artwork on it or it's somehow playable in and of itself like a lot of SDCC packaging, but there are people who will review a whole wave of Marvel Legends and still be showing off the box that looks exactly the same as all the other boxes.
>>
>the first 30 seconds are about the box this is a travesty
>I have a fast foward function, but it's real scary to use it
>>
>>5614311

30 seconds is nothing.

But when a review is 25 minutes long because the person spends the first 15 talking about the box and detailing what is on every single side, then that is just ridiculous.

Spending a minute just rotating so that you can see all the sides, or giving a closeup of the artwork is fine. Also, just putting the box in front of the camera for 5 seconds so we can pause the video and read any write-up or bio is fine. We don't need to spend 3 minutes of the reviewer fumbling through trying to read two paragraphs, we can do it ourselves.
>>
>>5614314
>if I use greentext people will think I'm funny
>any legitimate criticizms can be deflected by simplifying them to make them seem insignificant

Wow you guys are complaining about toy reviewers when there's kids starving africa! #firstworldproblems #proudcuck
>>
>>5614321
>Caring about african kids
The sign of a real cuck
>>
>>5614321

Legitimate criticisms indeed! This is all very serious stuff. Motherfuck how these guys choose to discuss and share their hobby of collecting toys. They aren't doing it effectively enough. There's so much more room for cinematic excellence to be had. It's revolting and quite frankly just so fucking sad. I mourn for these guys. Their lives are just abysmal. I shall no go chuckle quietly to myself, as I am a significantly better person than any of these human pieces of trash.
>>
File: PeeWee.jpg (21 KB, 315x275) Image search: [Google]
PeeWee.jpg
21 KB, 315x275
Hey

Let's all just be friends okay
>>
>>5614187

Waste like half of the video talking about nothing but the packaging or whining about some life issues in the middle of a fucking review.

>looking at you, Optibotimus
>>
>>5614319
Vangelus does this pretty well - he spends the introduction panning over the figure's packaging, and it rarely takes more than about ten seconds (unless there's something interesting about it).
>>
>>5614332
Your argument boils down to 'stop discussing things' and likely stems from 'stop saying mean things about my favourite toy reviewers'.

By posting in the thread you're no better than the people you're trying to insult
>>
>>5614280
>>5614280

honestly I picture most of /toy/ being like TJ or that other reviewer who looks like Napoleon Dynamite.
especially YOU, anon!

also,
Did TJOmega's granmammy died yet?
>>
>>5614383

Whoa. Insulting people is suddenly a touchy subject? I thought that's what this thread was all about. We're here to get kicks shitting on people, right?
>>
>>5614403
>Did TJOmega's granmammy died yet?
No. He's still spending part of her pension pay on Glyos.
>>
File: 1452370801624.jpg (174 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
1452370801624.jpg
174 KB, 600x324
>>5614411
Your entire post reeks of 'I don't belong here'.

Perhaps you should go back to your hugbox website so you can thumbs down all those mean offensive comments you hate so much.
>>
>>5614432

Hell yeah. You are quite the authority. I mean, wow. How to post on 4chan. How to talk about toys on camera real good-like. It goes on and on!

I wish I wasn't such a fuck-up. It'd be rad as fuck knowing I'm pretty much excellence personified when it comes to matters of such great importance.

Teach me.
>>
File: 0.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
So...does he just not do vids anymore and didn't tell anyone?
>>
>>5614555
I know I've fucking seen pics on here with that shelf and wall.
>>
>>5614187
Ya know, I actually like TJ. Just not his "Plastic Addict" reviews, though, they feel like they're trying to hard to be like the Nostalgia Critic but but Transformers toys.

His Random Reviews are fairly decent, if a bit long, and he seems earnest enough. Not like fags such as Emgo and Optibotimus.
>>
>>5614641
I can't stand him.
His cutaway reaction shtick is cringy as fuck.

At least he doesn't show off the boxes. The worst reviewer I've ever seen though is DosmRider.
>>
>>5614651
>>5614641
You dislike TJ?
Do you prefer him before his gender reassignment surgery when he was reviewing Gundams as Prime92?
>>
File: mado.png (670 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
mado.png
670 KB, 1200x1200
>>5614187
>I'm going to review this articulated figure
>But it's super rare so I'm not going to actually open it
>>
>>5614468
>>5614411

Samefag.
>>
File: 10291fk.jpg (22 KB, 393x575) Image search: [Google]
10291fk.jpg
22 KB, 393x575
>>5614815

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
>>
>want a figure that just came out
>search for review
>first result is raphaelcejaman
just.
>>
>>5614555
I am sad JT hasnt put out anything in so long. And its made worse by their being no reasoning behind his disappearance.
>>
>>5614841
holy shit Ive never related more to post on this webiste
>>
>>5614187
Spend three and a half minutes in a five minute video making shitty jokes about beer.
>>
>>5614257
>2old's son

So much this. He posts far less than he used to, which I can assume is also due to having a son to take care of, which I can completely respect.

But goddamn keep your son out the reviews. His squeaky shrilling is the complete antitheses of everything that made your smooth and somber reviews nice to watch.
>>
>>5614302
nah
>>
>>5614187
Absolutely mangles it while testing articulation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUCQgGwESq4
>>
>>5614247

> Be Shartimus prime

> Get free shit from companies

> Never EVER criticize the free shit I get

> pls donate to patreon btw
>>
>>5615224
Shartimus has completely turned me off from watching him with his whinny patreon begging and please subscribe bullshit "bu..but you dont know how much work i put into reviews" Fuck that faggot
>>
>>5615224
His 'theme song' and name are enough reason for me to not like him.
>>
>>5614257
>Dumbfuck sounding accents.
You've probably got a dumbfuck accent

I think ppl need to edit their videos. It ain't that hard folks.
>>
>>5614247
I'll be the one person to agree with you, although I don't feel reviewers "need" to make money, but I'm fine with them making money if they want to.

Ultimately, it's just about the length and intrusiveness. Someone like Vangelus or wotafa are pretty painless as they're pretty much just telling you who gave it to them (which is good to disclose) and is worked into conversation. Peaugh's not too bad either as it's normally just a 2 second scene in his intro. I will agree with the anons who mention that it's definitely not okay when the reviewers drone on and on about it go too far.
>>
>>5614252
>Get a job.
CREATE CONTENT FOR ME FOR FREE FAGGOT PLEB SHILL REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5615336
Fuck off kakarot. Go get your speech impediment fixed.
>>
Reviewing a toy without opening it.
Having shitty music with your review as onscreen text
Having no review at all and just waving the figure around in front of the camera to godawful music
Using an inanimate object as your 'host'
Putting on stupid cringeworthy voices if your toy is talking

Those are the main ones. Skits can be annoying since I'm here to see your thoughts on the toy, not your drama school project, but they're ok if they don't waste too much time on non-review shit.
>>
>>5615415
The inevitable question is, why don't you go jump off a cliff?
>>
>>5615415
I thought all Belgiums spoke like that?

>>5615502
kek, I heard that in his voice.

I used to like him but kinda dropped off in favor of photo reviews
>>
>>5614187
>Missing pieces of the toy
That's perfectly understandable for old toys, but the question is why are they reviewing them. It's hard to find a reviewer that's entertaining enough to justify doing reviews of toys you have to scour ebay to find
>>
>>5615398
lol they're just reviewing toys. Most of them aren't entertaining in the slightest. Hardly "content." You sound like DarkSydePhil.
>>
>>5615531
>Belgiums
wat
>>
>>5616002
North and South Belgium
Duh
>>
>>5614314
>if I just fast-forward to the parts of the movie that aren't qualitatively shit, then I can enjoy the movie and rate it highly!!!1!

I can do that too, faggot.
>>
>>5614187
This vid basically sums up what I hate about Toy reviews. Basically just ranting and raving cause he's unhappy with life and complaining about the fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57_97t79uI
>>
>>5614425

And doesn't he use the excuse of needing to take care of her to explain why he doesn't have a real job?
>>
>>5614187
I kinda like TJ. No idea about him being a NEET or on any sort of government dollars at all. All I know is he occasionally references taking care of his family. I always assumed he worked in retail or something.

Sometimes he stutters too much or goes on and on about nothing, but he is pretty dang decent most of the time. And he seems affable enough
>>
>>5616519
His shitty little backdrop is pretty cool tho
>>
>>5616519
>29:12

Nope, closed that shit before it even started playing.
>>
That dude who says 'absolutely fantastic' every 5 seconds is kind of annoying.
>>
>>5616588
Ben's Collectables? Don't care for his intro, and he meanders, just get on with it!
>>
>>5616588
DiegoDoom?
>>
>>5616712
Yeah, him.
>>
>>5616721
He also has the problem of talking too fast and/or loud (to the point it's almost shouting).

His reviews would be really good if he'd cut that shit out.
>>
>>5615224
I've been skipping his theme song and big bad toy store ad every time. feels okay.
>>
>>5614187
dirty ass finger nails
>>
The only reason I ever watch Shartimus is when I need reviewing of the articulation of a ML, which he sometimes almost skips.
Could really do without the
>GET YOUR BIG
>BIG
>BIG
>BIG
>BIG
>BIG BAD ASS TOYS AT BIG BAD TOY STORE, CLICK THE LINK IN THE DESCRIPTION BELOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW
>IT'S SHARTIMUS SHATIMUS SHARTIMUS PRIMES SHARTIMUS SHATIMUS SHARTIMUS PRIME
>>
>>5616859
I hate that intro. I almost wanna kick him in the dick.
>>
>>5616554
Part of why I posted it. 5 min of review the rest is him ranting about just random stuff
>>
>>5616822
Outside the box reviews always has grubby hands and shit under his nails. He says it's because he works with bicyles but I don't see how he can't just wash them before he starts recording.
>>
>>5614235
>no research into source material of the toy they're reviewing
>Another strike for Anthony. Most of his figma reviews can be summed up with 'uhhhh I'm not familiar with what this guy is supposed to be but it looks cool I guess'

I don't mind someone not doing research or knowing about the source material, so long as they don't bring it up.
>>
>>5616588

This guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVDcqMnw3UQ
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUmz6P1YCA
>>
>preorder movie figures or get them super early
>don't want spoilers so I don't know if this is close to being accurate
Is looking a picture too spoiling? Or just don't get the figure.
>>
File: 1449635021323.png (84 KB, 155x197) Image search: [Google]
1449635021323.png
84 KB, 155x197
Gold Standard of Toy Reviewers

Vange1us (Vangelus) - Editing and entertainment
peaugh (Peaugh) - Cut and clean reviews, not fake
ProtoRetro (Protoman) - Insane knowledge of the products and it's past

Shit Tier:
TJomega (TJ Omega) - That voice, shill, asking for toys to be sent to him by fans
optibotimus (Optibotimus) - Fake, shill, asks for money so he does not have to work, 400 lbs wife he hides in public
emgo (emgo) - Stop with the fucking skits, i know 99% of your viewers are 6 year old children with autism but really? Also fake as fuck.
>>
>>5614187
>What are some things toy video reviewers do that piss you of?

Making video reviews.
>>
>>5620473
Add KumaStyle to the shit tier stuff, he has been shilling his videos on every Transformers Facebook group, we don't care TJ, how do you look like that but sound like the other TJ.
>>
>>5620473
Post brought to you by some un named people at IDW Comics

I think
>>
>>5620473
TJ Omega makes about 300 bucks in Patreon and another 200-400 from Youtube. So nigga barely living. If his family dies, so will he.
>>
Whether it's filling up my cup and enjoying lunch at my favourite deli. Stocking up at my local grocery store, or simply editing my videos for all you guys to watch and enjoy I'm always drinking coco-cola.
>>
>>5620511
>I'M ALWAYS DRINKING--
>>
>>5620511
What a fucking tool Optibotimus is

And he ain't even making good money with all that selling out
>>
>>5620473
Don't forget Thew - honest about his dissapointment or enthusiasm with a figure and isn't tainted by the cynicism that has overcome adult fans/collectors
>>
>>5620590
True forgot about Thew. He is always happy to talk about the toy.

Let's fix it then
Vangelus
Thew
Protoman
Peaugh

The rest in the trash.
>>
blunghole

fucker drinks constantly while filming, then blames his sloshed hamhanding on the toy being bad, while using a camera made maybe in the 90s.

He doesn't need to do video reviews, he needs to go to AA
>>
>>5616534
This is the video that made me unsub from him:
https://youtu.be/5VTo8hctKfQ?t=18s
Listen to him suck his own dick for two minutes straight. "Everyone loves my customs so much I made so many waves don't you love me?
>>
>>5620682
People seriously like Peaugh? He's always muttering or forgetting things about toys and never compares shit to the shit you actually wanna see cause "whaa I don't wanna carry shit into the office." His video looks super unprofessional with the white balance getting fucked mid-review and he can never keep shit in frame.
>>
>>5620734
He has no carisma, but out of the slew of "review everything, phone it in" guys: he is not a snyde ass like optibotimus, or boring and uneducated like baltmatrix, and emgo makes me want to murder myself

Peaugh is simple, clean vids and gets the job done.

A lesser evil of the others who have no lives and all the time to do videos but at the same time, are terrible human beings.
>>
i hate felzbug(i think thats his name) and his stupid handpuppet. Also Emgo has to start every review with an autistic unfunny bionicle
>>
Also I hate the English reviewers who insist on discussing Auto Assembly for half a year
>>
>>5621187
TFnation is going to be worst then Auto Assembly, the crew of people they put together to run the show are a bunch of morons.

But it's fun to watch stuff burn
>>
>>5621186
dare I say why not
>>
>>5621186
Emgo like Optibotimus rely on children between ages 5-13 for views and revenue.

When you play up to the antisocial home all day autistic crowd, they will watch all your videos, over and over.

It's money, easy money.

Why play it up like an adult when you can market to retards.

Insult emgo and Optibotimus all you want, but they know how to be shit-eaters who make money
>>
Pretty much everything Mitchsantona does.
>>
>>5621462
Mitchsantona also falls into that "Just review everything, but don't really review it so much just point out we all already see via the video"

We learn nothing we didn't already know from Optibotimus, Emgo, Baltmatrix and Mitchsantona's videos, yet they get views due to the lonely majority of children who watch them who can't go out on a Saturday night.

Vangelus at TFcon said that he rather have 3000 people who are stable adults watch his videos then 80,000 social deviant children (or man children)

And really, he does get the quality viewers

It's the same old question, would you rather serve in heaven or rule in hell. Optibotimus, Mitch, and the rest of those shills rather live in hell.
>>
>>5621472
Vangelus is a hypocrite because his father will never respect his tranny room mate pegging him.
>>
File: tumblr345.png (424 KB, 793x662) Image search: [Google]
tumblr345.png
424 KB, 793x662
>>5621483
Goes deeper then that
>>
>>5621491
Source comes from the tumblr group Vange1us' father's fencing team/students have. Seems they all resent Vange1us quite a bit.
>>
>>5621492
how many of them have stable jobs? they should watch Vangelus's videos too
>>
>>5621472
>Emgo and Optibotimus are both married, have a car, a house, maybe children
>Vangelus has his tranny room mate he shares the rent with

lol
>>
>>5621504
Optibotimus married a 400lbs cow for her health insurance, they rent an apartment in Cali and have only cats

Emgo got his parents to find him a wife and he also rents, no children

Don't make stories up when the facts are right in your face
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (56 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
56 KB, 480x360
>>5621507
wow, so they're all losers and have no fulfilling lives. why are Japanese reviewers so based and don't bring in personal drama?
>>
>>5621512
Because they can't show their face in a society that if even a single coworker finds out they buy toys, they will be publicly ostracized. Japan might be the land of awesome toys, but get labeled an otaku and you will be fired or asked to quit within 24 hours.

Trust me, Japanese reviewers don't even want to be in their own skin.
>>
>>5621519
still more based than the pedocon funpub hosts every year
>>
>>5621523
That whole statement does not even make any sense.
>>
>>5621523
Better then one of TFcon's staff sending their cock to one of the fan girls (Was called GMfan in TFW2005)
>>
All got quiet when shit got real.

Thanks for all the posts Peaugh.
>>
>>5621446
>Insult emgo and Optibotimus all you want, but they know how to be shit-eaters who make money

Except they're not making money anymore. Always-drinking-Coke-tibotimus has said he's cutting back on videos because he doesn't make enough money to buy toys all the time anymore. Shartimus had to go out and get a real job because Youtube doesn't pay for his stay-at-home manchild life anymore. Sean Long put out a few videos whining that he doesn't get anough views and isn't making enough money from Youtube anymore.

YT has cut back on their pay rates so much, that if you're not getting hundreds of thousands of views from your videos, you can't do it for your sole income anymore.
>>
>>5621546
The only good thing about it is it will finally show who actually loves the hobby and he trucked along just for the cash

Personally all of those guys are drones anyhow. They don't even know what they are talking about in their videos.
>>
is that girl in vagenlus live videos really a tranny? like is there proof or just assuming based off her voice?
>>
>>5621601
>is that girl in vagenlus live videos really a tranny?

no
>>
>>5621601
>is that girl in vagenlus live videos really a tranny?

maybe
>>
>>5621607
>>5621609
is there literally any proof that she is a tranny? lol
>>
like did the rumors only start cause the manlyish voice?
>>
>>5621601
>>5621611
Having met Krin in person, I'll say that if she is a tranny, then she's doing a good job of passing.

>>5621614
The rumors started because people here like to talk shit.
>>
>>5621601
as far as i can tell it comes from the same source that said thew beats girls in public.
personaly i find vange1uses girl friend fucking aweful, shes so boring and hates everthing
>>
>>5621611
she talks the way Aileen from ToyBreak does, who is also a tranny. its hard for men to talk like women so they copy each other to make things easier for themselves
>>
>>5621618
>Having met Krin in person, I'll say that she's doing a good job of passing.

does her voice not irk you in anyway?
>>
So what does Krin look like?
>>
>>5621625
No.
>>
>>5621627
I only met her once. Somewhat attractive, but nothing remarkable. She was very nice.
>>
File: picture-6[1].png (456 KB, 658x414) Image search: [Google]
picture-6[1].png
456 KB, 658x414
>>5621635
>Somewhat attractive

did she look like Aileen from ToyBreak?
>>
>>5621650
I wouldn't say they looked like each other, but my opinion is that they're probably in the same class as far as looks. Krin also has dark hair and glasses.
>>
>women liking transformers

they are all men
>>
>>5621656
>Krin also has dark hair and glasses

Typical tranny look
>>
>>5621660
Speaking from personal knowledge?
>>
>>5621657
Taking the term transfags to a whole new level.
>>
>>5614187
>"Review" spends majority of its time talking about how the toy is assembled or transforms or what accessories it has
I could probably download an instruction manual and get all the same information in 2 minutes as compared to the 45 minutes reviewers spend droning on about things that have nothing to do with whether or not a toy is actually worth its price.
>>
>>5621519
That's a pretty ridiculous exaggeration, do people on here actually think that's what it's like? People will look down on you for collecting stuff for sure, but you're not gonna get fucking fired for it.
>>
>>5614187
>to much fucking time on the box
He's railed against that too. I've only seen him adressing a box once and that was because Kyoryujin's box was huge.

>cant keep the toy in focus
Strongarm was a one-off incident that be rectified. Plus sometimes you have to refocus if, say, the toy pulls a Lockdown and gets huge upon transforming.

>dosent know how the toy works
Which if he fucks up, he addresses and corrects, have you seen his CSM DecaDriver review he spends the cold open doing that about his old DX DecaDriver review?

>Missing pieces of the toy
He also doesn't like doing that IIRC because it doesn't fairly represent the toy.

TJOmega's not the best example of your qualms bro.
>>
>>5614206
Well, Random Reviews are one take because that's how he wanted to do them.

Otherwise he scripts everything.
>>
>>5621737
>>5621738
Hi TJ.
>>
>>5614280
No, he's living with his parents to help them care for his sick close-to-death grandmother to which he explicitly mentioned only when a scammer tried calling his bluff.

>muh sob story
That he rarely talks about? I recall him talking in earlier videos about caring for a sick relative but those never felt like "oh I have a sad story, LOVE ME!"

>scammer
Uh-huh, no.

>Brony
He likes Derpy for being an animation error given a character. He has covered the show and found it wasn't his taste.

Your other attacks on him are ad hominems. Low blow man.
>>
>>5621512
>based Youhei
>>
>>5621853
>He has covered the show and found it wasn't his taste.
>owns a toy associated with manchildren

sup TJ, your grandma die yet?
>>
>>5621528
Wait, what happened here?
TFCon as in Toronto or US?
>>
I hate when, if the figure transforms or anything like that, the reviewer skips over the transformation, or fast forwards through it.
>>
>>5621872
I hate it when vangelus zooms in on the transformer so you have no idea how the fuck its transforming
>>
>>5614739
What?
>>
>>5621874

Most reviewers show the transformation, it adds needless time to the review and is often BORING.

Vangelus at least spruces it up with either cartoony transformation sequences that are fun, or lately he's been messing around with video editing tricks to make transformations like magic tricks.

Watch peaugh if you want to see the transformation. Watch Vangelus if you want to have fun.
>>
>>5614204
It's a discussion thread you ass.
>>
>>5621888
>Vangelus at least spruces it up with either cartoony transformation sequences that are fun,

its the same fucking shit as a skit or stupid gag, its not cute, its try hard. its why he only has 8000 views and none of them are stable, just more manchildren
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xngRuVip-6s

This guy just takes the cane and snaps it
>>
>>5616031
Did that with transformers 3. Every time Shia was on screen I fast forwarded until he wasn't other than the scene with laserbeak
>>
>>5616734
I fucking love diego
>>
>>5621909
wasted
>>
>>5621900
Ironic that you need to try harder to understand what try hard is.
>>
>>5620488
Well, he also doesn't see any of the Patreon money, that all goes into his parents accounts. Just like eBay.
>>
>>5621519
Is that why some of them wear gloves?
>>
>>5621943
Yes.
>>
>>5621943
I'm pretty sure they just want to keep their figures clean.
>>
>>5621491
This is outdated, Vangelus is a tv show editor now.
>>
Giving info about the background of the property the toy is based but Fucking up all the facts.
>>
Glenn Webb is a pretty good too
>>
File: image.jpg (672 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
672 KB, 2448x2448
>>5621804
I live in Minnesota dipshit. I'm not TJ.

All I said was to make sure they guy you are calling out actually does the stuff you call him out for.
It's like if you called Ussein Bolt an obese slothful gluttonous landwhale. It's retarded.
>>
>>5621865
I thought he sold Derpy recently.
>>
>>5621865
>hey here's a video about what I think of a show
>I don't really like it
>this one piece of merch is all I care about because of behind-the-scenes stuff related to its origins as an animation error given meme status
>LOL GUYS HES A CLOPPING MANCHILD WHO FAPS TO A CARTOON FOR LITTLE GIRLS!!!!!!

And how are the toys talked about on this board any different?

And no, I'm not TJ, I live in Minnesota.
>>
>>5621985
>>5621973
prove it
>>
>>5621967
Not really. The way he talks is really annoying. It's like he's trying to force his balls to drop at the end of every sentence. Plus he's unbelievably unfunny. His action figure evolution videos are interesting but that's about it.
>>
>>5621973
>>5621985
For someone who's not TJ, you sure do have an encyclopedic knowledge of TJ's life and review history.
>>
>>5617815

Depends on what you get on your hands. As a mechanic I feel his pain, you get oil and stuff on your hands enough times they just take I on kind of a permanent grubby appereance.
>>
>>5621865
>implying 99% of the Hasbro-loving assholes on /toy/, Allspark, TFW, Yo Joe and others don't buy ponies to "support Hasbro"

we know you fuckers do. We know you'd directly send Hasbro your paychecks if you didn't need to buy food, too.
>>
>>5622017
They don't need to buy food, they all live with mommy and daddy, who pay for everything.
>>
>>5622003
It's called being a subscriber since 2008 who has his videos playing as background noise
>>
>>5621989
What would you like?
>>
>>5620511
What's the deal with Optimusbot and Coke anyway? I've heard stories about him just randomly making these ads and expecting Coke to pay him for it, but instead they got pissed and told him to cut that shit out. However, if that's true, why are the videos containing the ads still up? He also wrote this in the comments of one of his vids:

>A lot of companies hire ad companies to solicit their products to be advertised. That was the case with this. Coca Cola had an ad agency that i briefly worked with offer youtubers the ability to make money if they put a spot in a video of theirs. The instructions were to just show the product and basically have fun with it.

Now, I'd have no problem believing that he's just lying out of his ass there, but can anybody spill the details of what exactly went down? I'm in the mood for some internet gossip.
>>
>>5622040
Link to one of his videos with the Coke ads?
>>
File: 119347990067.jpg (14 KB, 244x168) Image search: [Google]
119347990067.jpg
14 KB, 244x168
>>5622037
your face
>>
>>5621989
>>5622037
Actually, here.

Does that work?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>5622045
Damn, forgot pic
>>
>>5622042
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Rfe7FrZmE

Just googled optibotimus cola

Warning: shit tons of second-hand embarrassment
>>
>>5622046
>>5621973
Jesus Christ, you're trying too hard.

Just ignore them, you're fucking Anonymous. You have nothing to defend yourself over.
>>
>>5622047
This sounds familiar. https://youtu.be/CyxJB2ou0ng
>>
>been watching TJ since 2008
>posts here like they've just recently discovered this site

I detect a TJ among our midst =]
>>
>>5622052
2008-2009, sometime before Retrax and after Armada Sideswipe.
And I'm only playing Devils Advocate and saying "that's not a legit criticism because he doesn't do that and any cursory glance at his shit will prove it."

You want a criticism I have of TJ? His humor and overall review style is VERY hit or miss and his early stuff is garbage. Hell, his stuff from only 4 years ago it pretty meh at times.

At the very least he doesn't care about what /toy/ thinks of him and shows a level of effort toward improvement in video production.
>>
File: 1450912299286.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1450912299286.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
>>5622083
He does care, he brought it up on WTF@TFW twice

You can hear the defeat in his voice

But much like a person who has a shitty boss and coworkers that hate you, you still go to work because you need the money.

TJ stopped loving the hobby and just does what he does to keep himself from having to get a normal 9 to 5. He does not have to worry about rent, food, internet bills, heating, property taxes, ect. He makes his 400-600 a month, sleeps in till 11AM and gives a solid fap to porn every night.

He is riding good now, but he is setting himself up for a super painful future.

Let him be, the true suffering is still to come.
>>
In other news Spot showed his face on camera
>>
>>5622106
I lol'd at Shartimus calling him out in his fake I Quit Youtube video.
>>
>>5622099
Considering he moved back home only to help his parents and grandmother, I don't see that "he's leeching off his parents' 401k" argument as legit.

Plus he does other shit in real life (I think it was mostly seasonal day labor unique to Florida). It's not like he's Eva Unit 4A or anything. Now THAT GUY is autistic as fuck and leeches off mommy.

Also, which episode of WTF@TFW? Because depending on if that was before or after getting scammed by that Andrew D------p guy, he probably came to terms with it and realized the people on /toy/ who hate him would hate him even if he catered to what their hive mind deems "a good reviewer.
>>
>>5622116
Where did he live before he moved back home? What was he doing?
>>
>>5622126
I think Indiana.
>>
>>5622116
Bullshit, he never moved out.

The beautiful thing with Youtube, is you can timeline this fucker. He has been in the same spot from 2006 to now.
>>
>>5622106
JUST
>>
>>5622106
dane cook?
>>
>>5622116
>Considering he moved back home only to help his parents and grandmother, I don't see that "he's leeching off his parents' 401k" argument as legit.

how the fuck in any way was his life better before he became fat? was he able to afford haircuts and quality shampoo?
>>
>>5622203
TJ Omega is all about excuses, we have had to deal with his shit for years
>>
>>5622181
And what if he moved back home in 2004 before he joined YouTube?

You just want him to fit your narritive of "all reviewers are fat losers still living at home with mommy! What's that? Evidence against me? SHILL SHILL SHILL!"
Plus, how am I supposed to believe you aren't in the same situation of living at home with mommy and no job and this is just petty slamming of a guy who at face value does more with his life than you?
>>
>>5622213
vlogging about financial situations and begging for money because you failed to raise funds yourself to keep her alive is nothing to be proud of TJ.
>>
>>5622203
Most men don't care as much about styling and hair health as women and he lives in humid as fuck Florida, which on its own wrecks hair. And there's far fatter reviewers that don't even have necks, I wouldn't call him out on being fat.

You want fat? Try JTMitchell87.
>>
>>5622222
What a waste of a get.

"Oh hey here's a service that I don't like and have clear I don't like that I'm begrudgingly using. From here on out, the most I talk about it is a description link and credit bumper image. I'm not even going to make my rewards amazing things everyone would want, their just going to be tiny soda crackers compared to most offerings of NY Strip steaks, lobster, caviar and Ordilund Buntings."

How often does he shill it really? I've heard Linkara shill it more than TJ, and he actually lives off of that shit.
>>
>>5622213
Vangelus is not a loser
Peaugh is not a loser
Thew is not a loser
Protoman is not a loser
KumaStyle is not a loser

Sadly only 2 of the 5 ain't fat. (Mostly because the other 2 seem to go to the gym accorcd to their respective podcasts)
>>
>>5622257
The question is, do all 5 of them have women in their lives?
>>
>>5622262
Peaugh has a daughter.
>>
I know at least 4 of the 5 do last I remember hearing.
>>
File: OrtolanBunting.jpg (23 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
OrtolanBunting.jpg
23 KB, 400x294
>>5622251
>Ordilund Buntings

Wat. You mean Ortolans? Heh, I now have this stupid mental image...
>>
>>5622257
their womins

vange1us - don't know if she even is real, no photo evidence
peaugh - kinda white trashy from his facebook photos
thew - not bad looking
protoretro - some kind of azn
kumastyle - also kinda white trashy

don't know if it's right to be posting photos
>>
When did TJ say he was a brony? I don't remember this.

>>5622116
>>5622099
Which WTF@TFW episode(s) did he mention it?
>>
>>5622291
Yep, forgot how it was spelled. Lol

But either way, he doesn't make supporting him on Patreon seem like that good investment beyond good will with how meager his incentives are. Like complimentary saltines Vs an expensive delicacy from a 6 star restaurant.
>>
>>5622099
you sound mad jelly tho.

Also I love it when manbabby neckbeards give others "lifecoach advice".
>>
>>5622106
>>5622114
why did he show his face?
and
why did he want to quit Youtube? to get some "Noooo don't go weee wuuvv youu!!!" msgs?
>>
>"this 3rd party toy is so much better than hasbro" despite crap QC and costing 10X more
>This G1 knockoff is the same quality as the real deal " even though it's not even close
>every reviewer that does Transformers feeds that garbage to viewers

why doesn't based Jin do video reviews and warn people off illegally-made, poor quality toys?
>>
>>5622229
Yeah, and most men cut their fucking hair.
>>
Big annoyance that got me scrambling to find a different reviewer?

Hearing the phrase "Second verse, same as the first!" ad naseum, uttered as if it's the cleverest joke in the world after 137 times in a row...
>>
>>5622553
whatever dude, maybe you should talk to this PALM IN YOUR FACE!!!
>>
>>5621874
he generaly does that when its a repaint, for example a majority of his combiner wars vids do that
>>
>>5622035
oh, i get it now. you just have no taste.
>>
>>5622596
Vangelus posting confirmed
>>
>>5622381
He got to go to the Civil War premiere so he was doing a vlog thing about it
>>
>>5622596
Why talk to any portion of his anatomy when I can simply click on any one of the dozen other recommended Youtube reviews, now with less jokes told with 90% less overly self-satisfied chuckling?
>>
>HEY YOUTUBE,
>shows more streamer than toy
>excessively long intros and outros (bonus points if the volume is drastically different from the filmed portion)
>when there's a child and it's obvious that the parent is just pushing their kid for extra "cute" points
>toy not in focus, or spends half of video changing focus
>has no basic concept of how to audio (constantly breathing in or accidentally fondling microphone, crinkles wrapping on the microphone)
>DON'T FORGET TO LIKE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE, YOU CAN GET IT FROM MY REFERRAL LINK RIGHT HERE
>>
>>5614280
TJ's good people. I've sold him lots of stuff, and he doesn't lowball me. He has a hard life, having to care for someone instead of pursuing his own wants and desires. It's a Southern thing. Family first.
>>
>>5622099
Holy fuck you're dumb.
He's learning editing, photography, audio... he knows several other people in the business, so he's networking...
OH WAIT. You still think getting a job revolves around a degree. Have you seen our job market? It's all about what and who you know, not where you graduated from. TJ's got a future whenever he wants it.
>>
>>5623226
>Paying top doller for toys
>Taking good care of his family

A manchild earning autism bucks while crashing at his parents home can only do one or the other. If he had an actual job and didn't spend money on toys he didn't personally want THEN he'd be putting family first.
>>
>>5622381
Shartimus got salty that other Youtubers were invited to the LA Civil War premier but he wasn't. He mentioned being jealous of Sean Long and Black Nerd, but said he was pissed that Spot got invited and talked shit about him a little.

Shart called it all a joke, but it seemed more like something genuine he recorded and then only called it a joke when it was posted.
>>
>>5623257
He deosn't get a tugboat, he literally gets an allowance from his parents.
>>
>>5623257
He has actual jobs (seasonal summer stuff that comes from Florida being an Elderly Promised Land) and he gets toys to go back into review material.
>>
>>5623692
how worthless. when will he lose weight and man up instead of parading himself as a token fanboy in a sad state of self delusion?
>>
>>5623719
When will you? How are you any better?
>>
>>5623731
I have a strong athletic body and have been told by many men they find it sexy while plowing my boipucci =^}
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 479x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 479x245
>>5623527
Why would a guy in Florida have Minnesota Grown sunflower oil? Why would that even exist in Florida?

Also what if haters are just him trying to bait love from fans? If you're going to blanket anyone defending him AS HIM, might as well do the safe for the other side.
>>
>>5623498
Why didn't he get invited, anyways?
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 488x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 488x351
>>5623740
Of course you do. And that's a sign of success why?
>>
>>5623742
why would Disney wanna associate their MArvel brand with shit?

>>5623743
I've been on this board for too long, ano
>>
>>5623746
Maybe it's you who should get a life then.
>>
>>5623755
I have one, in a sense. some day it'll be glorious and have full autonomy over what I can do =]
>>
>>5623759
And what's holding back then hmm?

Being 15? Being a ward of the state at 26? The Master not declaring the Holy Comet to have arrived yet so you can't transcend this mortal coil?

No one has true autonomy. Even unto yourself you can become a slave.
>>
>>5623742
The invites were through a company that I think those other guys have an association with that Shart doesn't.
>>
I don't know why you guys are putting all this energy into hating on TJ

He is doomed. He will never find love or have sex, he will never have good money (2 months of Youtube money is equal to 2 weeks of McDonalds paycheck so that's pretty sad), he will never own a house, he will never have a driver's license, he is a 30+ year old child. I would not even use the term manchild because any man look in the mirror and know that his hair is a fucking joke, that his face needs to be fixed up and that he has a problem, a big problem.
>>
>>5623925
>I don't know why you guys are putting all this energy into hating on TJ

>rest of post is just shitting on him

can't tell if passive aggressive douche, or just self-unaware hypocrite
>>
>>5623967
syo TJ =^}
>>
did anybody used to follow ilovemess?
he always gave me the feeling there's some sort of twisted gay scene at auto assembly, made me uncomfortable. like did smsno1 give you a box full of beast wars before or after you sucked him dry?
>>
File: homo.png (141 KB, 423x218) Image search: [Google]
homo.png
141 KB, 423x218
>>5624027
You said it right there

Auto Assembly and the soon to be TF Nation are both pretty gay.

They are almost a parody of a convention and not in a "funny haha" way in a something tastes funny and then you're in the bathroom for 2 hours kinda way.

Good thing no one takes them or European reviewers outside of Thew serious, but Thew seems to not fall into that retarded little circle jerk of people anyhow.
>>
>>5624110
Oh god Tori

So much of us on tumblr hate her. She seems to just leech onto whoever is around of talent and power. Good thing she is going to fuck up her little wanker get together of a show.

and to quote Austin Powers "It's a man baby"
>>
>>5623925
>He will never find love or have sex
I think he's dating that Michelle chick
>>
>>5624151
As a Florida local and someone who knows the parties in question, her name is Danielle and she friendzoned him to death.

He has never been in any form of relationship
>>
>>5624170
Oh yeah, that's her name.

Eh. That's his issue. Plus even then, he's still able to have a female friend, dating or not. That's leagues above a loser who jizzes his pants and faints when he tries talking cute girl running the cash register at Target over how much his purchase costs him.

Which honestly seems to be what every man without a woman gets labeled if he's not gay. Because God forbid someone just be single.
>>
>>5624217
It's not that he ain't trying, he just is not very lucky.

If I was a betting girl, I would say he has not even kissed someone yet and he is already 32

Sure there is nothing wrong with being single, but when the road you have traveled is even worse then a Steve Carell movie, then maybe you need to look at yourself hard
>>
Oh man this thread has officially become /cgl levels of catty life judging. Next time somebody in the bjd thread tries to say there so much drama because they're all woman I'm going to point them to this clusterfuck.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.