[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Mezco so based?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 22
File: flash mezco.jpg (215 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
flash mezco.jpg
215 KB, 1500x1500
Why is Mezco so based?
>>
File: flash.jpg (244 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
244 KB, 1500x1500
>>
is that garbage above 100 USD? Mezco are full Shlomos nowadays.
>>
>>5610231

> DURRRRR
>>
File: cap.jpg (277 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
277 KB, 1500x1500
>>
>>5610230
This looks shit.
>>
>>5610234
Their recent releases haven't gone above $80.
>>
>>5610230
His belt is floating.
>>
File: 2546.jpg (292 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
2546.jpg
292 KB, 1500x1500
I want this just for the shit eating grin. Also, I'm shocked that BvS Batman sold out on their site. I hope the others don't sell out; I want Cap and Shazam but not enough to preorder them.
>>
I can't wait for their Punisher to come out. It looks so based. I'm probably gonna get the one with the big white plate carrier although the trench coat version is tempting too.
>>
>>5610230
>>5610231
hot damn that's a sexy figure.
>>
>>5610230
>pant leg rides up from boot
Good luck fixing that over and over without tearing the fabric
>>
>>5610358
It's actually pretty easy.

If it's anything like Batman, you just warm up the plastic, pop off the boot, fix the fabric with either glue or a string, and put the boot back in.

Some Batman figures got that problem at the elbows and they were easy to fix.
>>
>>5610304
>but not enough to preorder them.
I hope you weren't hoping for a price drop on them.
Literally all of mezco's DC toys have sold out.
Pre-order whilst you still can.
>>
This looks kinda bad.

Easy pass.

Why is it the Marvel side looks better? It's like Mezco is not even trying with DC.

I've been waiting for a a perfect Superman figure to go with their Batman and they had to make that shitty as generic version that doesn't look like Superman.

Now flash looks like shit too.

Shazam looks meh, doesn't look like a $75 figure.

Looks like the only Mezco I'm ordering in the near future is Frankenstein.

I'll be waiting for that TDKR Superman Mezco. Whenever you're ready.
>>
>>5610230

Some of their stuff looks really good. This does not.
>>
>>5610230
>>5610231

Looks like James McAvoy.
>>
They better give Spidey toe articulation this fucks
>>
The thumbnail looks like he's surrounded by garbage.
>>
Could we stop wit the western toys are good meme?
>>
File: green lantern with arrows.jpg (104 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
green lantern with arrows.jpg
104 KB, 1080x1080
>>5610467
>Why is it the Marvel side looks better? It's like Mezco is not even trying with DC.
Because the Marvel figures aren't just wearing pajamas.
This is why Green Arrow looks good too.
>>
>>5610593
THESE fucks
>>
>>5610762
Holy fuck. I'm not even a Green Arrow fan, but damn.
>>
>>5610230
I own DKR Batman and Dredd, and have all 3 Trek figures on pre-order. But I will not be buying this trash-tier release.

What an incredible plummet in quality. It looks like a scratch-made Halloween costume that a parent built for their child that morning.
>>
>>5610762
This is only one from this line I actually want (well, maybe Punisher, we'll see). He looks amazing just as a thing to have.
>>
>>5610762
TDKR Batman is wearing just pajamas and it looked fucking glorious.

There are several problems I can pin point. Take Superman for example.
>Shitty ass headsculpt doesn't even looks like Superman
>shitty ass tailoring of the costume
>shiny costume
>horrible cheap raised S
>Terrible clunky belt

One of the Punisher versions is wearing just pajamas and it looks fantastic.
>>
File: mezco supes.jpg (154 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
mezco supes.jpg
154 KB, 402x600
>>5610885
>>5610467
You mean this guy? Because he has the build and the features of my ideal Superman but not the expression.

And why is everyone obsessed with angry Superman? We finally have the technology to make the perfect Superman toy and everyone keeps making fucking angry Superman figures.
I'd rather have DCD Ultraman if everyone is going to keep up with this shit.
>>
>>5610885
>wearing just pajamas
>and underwear on the outside
>and a cape
>and belts
>and pouches
uh huh

Superman looks bad because he's superman and doesn't even look good when his costume is made completely from molded plastic.
Ok, I'm lying, because i like the other designs like Justice Lord Superman or from Batman Beyond. Also, Kingdom Come.
>>
I'm interested in their Batman v Superman figures, but holding judgement until I see them in person. From people that went to toyfair, the pictures don't do them justice.

I love my TDKR Batman, so if they can make the BvS suit work, I'm all in.
>>
File: judgemental superman.png (177 KB, 344x499) Image search: [Google]
judgemental superman.png
177 KB, 344x499
>>5610936
That doesn't look angry.
Seems more serious than mad.
It's a pretty generic expression that can fit most things Superman likes to do.
>>
>>5610936
That's a shitty custom, fella. Looks like MOTUC boots and possibly WWE hands.
>>
>>5610954
I like it, though.
>>
>>5610230
>>5610231
Maybe it looks better in hand, but these photographs make this look like hot garbage
>>
You can tell which of these figures are going to disappoint really easy.

They only had two decent pictures of the flash and they were processed to hell, BvS batman looks like they couldn't even get him in to a good pose.

Daredevil also looks weird as fuck in most his shots. The plastic look of his costume kills it.
>>
>>5610942
>wearing just pajamas
>and underwear on the outside
>and a cape
>and belts
How very much unlike Superman.

You also forgot to address the fact that there's
>no cheap raised glossy chest symbol
>better tailored costume
>not shinny
>best TDKR Batman headsculpt on a toy this size

>Superman looks bad because he's superman
What a great way to show you're a pleb.

> and doesn't even look good when his costume is made completely from molded plastic.
Jesus.
>>
>>5610231
>>5610263
why are flash's arms not in sync with his legs like cap's is?
>>
>>5611185
BECAUSE HE'S SO FAST
>>
>>5611024
>How very much unlike Superman.
oh, sorry, i was trying to be sarcastic, by stating he's wearing more than just pajamas, hence why he actually looks good.
I guess i should have included a little =P face with my post.

>cheap raised glossy chest symbol
They're prototypes. That stuff can be fixed, especially since they usually have finer tools made for actual production. So we'll see.

>not liking a poorly written character makes someone a pleb.
Whatever dude.
Superman's a pretty lame character, just like the Flash.
I only like the TAS version of him, because he wasn't overpowered as fuck.
>>
>>5610230
>based
Is this considered good?
>>
>>5611244
Have you been locked in a cave, anon? Are you coming back to the internet after a ten year hiatus?
>>
>>5611263
I can understand his confusion when "based" is used to describe that chintzy piece of shit in OP.
>>
I do not understand the appeal of these. They look like cheap toys for a small child. The cloth clothes look laughable.
>>
>>5611428
That's because you're a blind retard.
>>
>>5611431
you're seriously a huge faggot if you say that this flash looks even "decent" the b v s movie figs look like trash too, all the proportions are wrong and just look like lumpy masses of frabic and plastic.
>>
>>5611473
Show me an American toy you think looks good, cocksucker.
>>
File: neca.jpg (126 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
neca.jpg
126 KB, 1920x1080
>>5611474
desu I try to be nice to the autistic kid but you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>5611474
>trying to emulate subjecttranny
>>
so is this 1/6?
>>
>>5611500
No, 1/12. Hence the name of the line, One:12 Collective.
>>
>>5611505
That explains why it looks like shit.
>>
>>5611524
Don't buy it.
>>
>>5611530
Based on how Dredd's price plummeted, I don't think many people are.
>>
>>5611530
Shouldn't you?
>>
>>5611531
You sure about that? I'm still seeing Dredd average $65 before shipping across the board (sans the PX version).
>>
>>5611532
I have not been impressed by any of their DC offerings so far, aside from the first Batman. This is probably due to the fact that they've been going with more traditional looks for Shazam, Flash and Superman. Had they released other variants like they're doing with Punisher and Daredevil, they'd probably see some more mileage. As it is, the classic spandex look isn't translating too well, and the steady price increase isn't helping things either.
>>
The texture change between the head and body just kills the appeal of the figure to me. They should've changed the material they used for the body, or tried to make the head's sculpt match the texture of the costume. Right now it just looks completely out of whack.
>>
>>5611563
why not just make it out of plastic with no doll clothing?
>>
>>5611566
I mean, I guess that supposed to be the appeal of the line, but I think only using cloth wear appropriate would be better. No cloth is going to have a right enough weave to work effectively for standard superhero pajamas as 1/12 scale. Arrow looks fine, so does Punisher, because they're not wearing a skintight suit.
>>
>>5611241
>oh, sorry, i was trying to be sarcastic
>hence why
Kek no

They're prototypes. That stuff can be fixed, especially since they usually have finer tools made for actual production. So we'll see.
Yeah, there's still hope, but the initial prototype didn't have glossy fabric, the last one they showed has. the gloss could stay.

>not liking a poorly written character makes someone a pleb.
>Superman
>Pooly written
>Lame character
>Like Flash
>He likes TAS Supes because he's not uverpuweredz
Just fucking Christ just fucking kill yourself already, I can tell you right now, you have NEVER read a single Superman story.

This is pleb detection 101.
>>
>>5611431

All trolling aside, what about this looks good to you? Please explain yourself. Is it one of those retro/nostalgia things?
>>
>>5611536
>You sure about that
Yes. They're in the mid/low $50s on amazon. By this time following its release, DKR Batman was hitting in the high $90s and into the $100 range. And that's with double the amount of variants, thus more product on the market.

The honeymoon is over, and people expect quality products and not gimmicks. Flash will flop, and rightfully so.
>>
>>5611899
Could it be that Batman is wildly popular to begin with, and most pleb comic fans don't give a shit about Dredd or anything 2000AD for that matter?
>>
>>5611927
Flash is also popular as well which is why people will eat this shit up. The only reason why I will get Shazam is because he's my favorite DC hero even though he will most certainly drop in price.
>>
>>5611927
So are you assuming that Mezco is idiotic and, despite their 15+ year history of making toys, didn't adjust production rates according to anticipated demand, thus the deflating aftermarket price of their product? Because that's the flip side of what you're trying to spell out here. Kind of doubting you'd address it in a reply though, as it's a double edged sword for your point...
>>
>>5611933
That's not what I'm saying at all. Now you're just arguing for argument's sake.

What I'm saying is that Batman's aftermarket prices, regardless of whatever production number they went with for their first figure, are understandably higher than Dredd's because Batman as a character is more popular and more in demand. Saying that Dredd's prices are low due to the "honeymoon being over" is you making assumptions and possibly projecting. I agree, people do expect quality products, and if you're buying One:12 figures, you already know their "gimmick" is cloth outfits.

Your point is irrelevant.
>>
>>5611980
I never specifically said Dredd represented the end of the "honeymoon," that is a line of thought that you came across on your own. But it's indisputable that Mezco's production of it didn't match demand and shows ineptitude. The fact that you're dancing around that is comical and shows how spurious everything you say is due to biases that block you from accepting failures on the company's part.
>>
>>5610230
>>5610231
>>5610304
That really looks terrible.
>>
>>5610230
>>5610263
>DKR Batman: closely patterned after Miller's artwork, looked amazing
>Dredd: closely patterned after 2000AD regular artist Ben Wilsher's designs, looked amazing
>Mutant Leader: closely patterned after Miller's artwork, looks amazing

>All subsequently announced figures: generic designs not following any one particular artist's interpretation of a character, all except classic Punisher and first appearance Daredevil look really bland and uninteresting

Why didn't they just stick with the 'artistic interpretation' angle? It was seriously working.
>>
>>5612089
probably because there are to many artist versions of some of the outfits to stick to a single one.
>>
>>5610230
I think a lot of the upcoming Mezco stuff looks great but, even as a huge Flash fan, I say this looks like shit. The classic costume is too simplistic to look good in the "doll" style. There's a jarring dissonance between the boots/head/etc and the cloth material. It just looks overall goofy.

Will still be getting Ollie.
>>
>>5612093
Oh come on.

>Carmine Infantino Flash (variants: Infantino Reverse Flash, Infantino Jay Garrick Flash)
>John Romita Jr Punisher (variants: Steve Dillon Max, Gil Kane first appearance)
>Frank Miller Daredevil (variants: Bill Everett first appearance, John Romita Jr basic black costume)
>Todd McFarlane Spider-Man (variants: Steve Ditko first appearance, Kraven's Last Hunt black suit)
>Etc

This shit isn't hard.
>>
>>5612114
there are people who would prefer different artists takes on those characters. like personally I'd like to get a Marco Checchetto style Punisher. really tired of the Romita Jr. style Punisher.
>>
>>5612114
>Punisher
>Dillon but not Mike Zeck
>>
>>5612018
>But it's indisputable that Mezco's production of it didn't match demand and shows ineptitude
>overpriced dollies
>make a conservative amount because other dollies don't sell as good
>higher than expected sales
>produce exclusives to try and meet excessive demand
>sells out
>makes a second batch of figures
>sells out
I think Mezco's done a great job fulfilling demand, but there's always a point where they don't think its worth it to match a third batch.

I stated this before in the summer, but the only way Mezco really knows how much demand there is is by letting vendors know you want more. If they get enough request for reorders, they'll make more. This apparently happened already and why we got a second batch made.

As for Dredd sales, as that guy has been saying, Batman is a much much bigger seller and obviously sold out. The fact that Dredd is still able to be bought at normal discounted prices online is simply business as usual. Most collector toys do not sell out, easy to buy, and even popular ones can stay at normal prices for a year or longer. The ones that are actually popular will be there one year and all of a sudden, they're being sold for twice as much, even though it was easy to get for an entire year.
So Mezco's Batman? It's one of the rare cases where a collector toy sells out within months.

Basically, the only hard to get toys are limited edition exclusives at cons and mass market toys of popular characters.
>>
>>5612089
I agree, I think Mezco tried to be unique and just allowed themselves to be inspired by several different takes on the characters, but those don't work together so it just looks a mess
>>
>>5612089
Yeah, I'd have liked to see that continue.I'd have killed for an Aja Hawkeye, but his exposed arms might not have looked that great.
>>
>>5610230
>Wally belt
>Barry cowl
WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS DC?
>>
>>5613058
See
>>5610304
There is a Wally cowl too
>>
File: IMG_7314.jpg (41 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7314.jpg
41 KB, 630x420
>>5612089
I'm really disliking some of their original influences on the costumes. Their Daredevil just looks weird to me, with its weird mesh under arm/side material, shoulderpads, two belts, etc. I just want a basic Daredevil like their Batman.
>>
>>5614132
I really like their original costume variant (the red and yellow one), but the more I look at the standard Daredevil the less I like it.

It's Sideshow Collectibles syndrome. Just like their Marvel and DC comic figures, Mezco have slipped into trying to average out 40+ years of designs into one figure, with less-than-successful results. The standard daredevil would be miles better without the pointless body armour parts. Nobody wants or needs an armoured Daredevil unless it's an obscure 90's costume variant.
>>
File: Mezco-One12-Marvel-021.jpg (125 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
Mezco-One12-Marvel-021.jpg
125 KB, 1280x1920
>>5610230
Mezco based as fuck
>>
>>5614132
>>5614186
I /like/ it, but I don't love it. But I might give in and get it because it's probably the best daredevil we'll ever get.

>>5614926
This, on the other hand, is awesome and very well done imo. At least based on these promo shots.
>>
>>5614926
The skull being a painted AR500 steel plate is a really cool touch.
>>
>>5610231
>cant outrun your feels
>>
>>5610230
>>5614926
>>
>>5610936

He has Ray Liotta cocaine face.
>>
File: Mezco-One12-DC-008.jpg (170 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
Mezco-One12-DC-008.jpg
170 KB, 1280x1920
Here's a decent shot of their actual Superman figure.
Keep in mind this one is an early preview, probably still subject to improvements.
>>
>>5616139
>probably still subject to improvements.
I should hope so too.
>>
File: 1596.jpg (173 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1596.jpg
173 KB, 1500x1500
Their Dredd is amazing, can 100% vouch for it

All their capeshit stuff though, ehh
>>
>>5611241
>>not liking a poorly written character makes someone a pleb
Pretty much every cape character is poorly written 90% of the time, what's your point?
>overpowered as fuck
Oh you're one of those retards. Man you really are a pleb.
>>
>>5616203
Not loving the color choice for the shoulderpads. Also the head looks slightly off, like too much jowl not enough jaw, not sure which artist they based that on. Otherwise it looks pretty cool though, I love how they included the boot knife.
>>
>>5616980
the shoulderpads are a little more muted in person, they look really painfully yellow there
>>
>>5612089
I like their Cap. It combines elements of classic and MCU in a way that looks pretty good.
>>
>>5616944
>in a universe where everything is overpowered, nothing is
Fuck off, Grant.

I prefer my John Byrne Superman, when he actually had limits, instead of the power creep that happens when writers want to include everything the character has ever done as canon.
>>
File: all star.jpg (473 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
all star.jpg
473 KB, 1024x768
>>5612089
A Quitley Superman would be amazing if they got the face + physique right.
>>
File: quitely.jpg (107 KB, 558x879) Image search: [Google]
quitely.jpg
107 KB, 558x879
>>5617362
as much as i enjoy his storytelling and art, I am not a fan of his faces.
I would never pay money for toys featuring his art... at least, not any humans.

I always mix up him and Dillion up because of their toomanytoolittle chromosome faces.
>>
File: superman-dark-knight-returns.jpg (309 KB, 991x1136) Image search: [Google]
superman-dark-knight-returns.jpg
309 KB, 991x1136
>>5617362
Yeah, I was really hoping their comic Superman would be either DKR to keep up the theme (and let's face it, Miller's Superman is FABULOUS), or a Quitely Superman from All-Star.
>>
>>5617471
I completely agree, he is an exceptional storyteller, but I would want a proper face for any of his toys.Mainly the expressions, to be honest.
>>5617496
I'm regretting not getting the DKR Batman.
>>
>>5617471
He's not as bad as Dillon, at least he varies up bone structure and stuff a bit but just uses the same facial features, with Dillon it's almost the exact same face for everyone these days.
>>
Anyone else buy the mezco mortal kombat figures? I still need the second wave though
>>
>>5617776
Yeah, i got the Aztec dude and he's just amazing. Have him standing next to my Judge Dredd right now and i can't stop admiring them.
Hips on the aztec dude are a bit limited thanks to the loincloth, but everything else basically gets 90° bends from the joints.

huh, just noticed that his ankles are barbell joints (ball joints on both sockets: into the leg and foot), so you can get a ton of range from those by pulling them out slightly.
>>
File: Snapchat-3129912114965697671.jpg (239 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3129912114965697671.jpg
239 KB, 720x1280
>>5618580
Aww fuck, he's my favorite, and I still don't have him. My only complaints about them is that Raidens hat falls off too easy and so does Scorpions mask. And without the mask he looks nothing like in game, but instead has a very slim womanly face.
>pic related
>>
Wholesale on these is getting pretty high too. Diamond is asking $65 plus shipping. There is not much margin for error here.
>>
File: scorpion_toasty_fatality.gif (493 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
scorpion_toasty_fatality.gif
493 KB, 500x200
>>5618637
>tranny surprise finish
holy fuck
>>
File: Snapchat-982310180414811109.jpg (233 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-982310180414811109.jpg
233 KB, 720x1280
>>5618680
He's pretty nice with the mask tho!
>>
Can anybody shed some light on the availability of Mezco's one:12 variants? The black and white Frankenstein is for sale. But they showed a green variant at Toy Fair. Are we just not getting the green variant or does it release later? The same goes for Daredevil with the red version on sale. They have also shown the yellow/red and black variants. I have seen no news about those though. Anybody now what the deal is with these?
>>
>>5618926

They're just doing them later. None of the One:12C variants so far have gone up for preorder simultaneously, idk it's just what they do. Maybe staggering releases leads to more people double-dipping since it doesn't feel like spending as much money at once.
>>
>>5618926
They'll probably release them later. There was a month or two between normal Dredd and the PX version releasing.
>>
>>5618927
I suppose this would somehow promote people to buy multiple variants of the same character. I wish they released all the variants simultaneously so I can make a decision from photos and reviews.
>>
Still waiting for proto pics of this dude.
>>
>>5619240
What is with those sneakers?
>>
>>5619247
They can't make figures that people will actually be 100% happy with.
>>
>>5619271
Ha. It sure seems that way.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.