[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/biog/ - Bionicle and CCBS General: "Fund my plastic crack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 126
File: crackhead mcgee.png (1 MB, 1644x984) Image search: [Google]
crackhead mcgee.png
1 MB, 1644x984
"I've chronic depression and regular panic attacks. It's horrible, but even I can't feel any sympathy for him."
- /biog/ 2016

>G1 Story Material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfNrl6RIvM
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
http://cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle

>G2 Story Material
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/story/episode-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsoT-fPe0LU&index=1&list=PLhu2VtAo89tdVuLXHS5tJUJNp3xgmWLKn

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/

Mask of Control is out on iOS and Android. Still can't get it? Go here:
https://apkpure.com/lego%C2%AE-bionicle%C2%AE-2/com.lego.bionicle.maskofcontrol

Previous thread: >>5580155
>>
File: hand over the widgets goyim.jpg (35 KB, 507x598) Image search: [Google]
hand over the widgets goyim.jpg
35 KB, 507x598
>>
>>5600244

who the fuck is that monster?
>>
Oh no, an e-drama thread
>>
File: BANKLE.png (57 KB, 500x134) Image search: [Google]
BANKLE.png
57 KB, 500x134
Bionicle is dead.
These threads are dead.
G2 was a failure.
The dream is dead.

Press F to pay respects.

Then go home.
>>
File: 1.jpg (28 KB, 237x234) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28 KB, 237x234
>>5600363
>Bionicle is dead

>mfw Hero Factory and its crazy and varied set designs comes back in a superior form
>>
>>5600363
Were threads a bit faster when G1 was still around? I mean, /toy/ isn't the most active board, right?
>>
>>5600276
Sides have achieved escape velocity
>>
>>5600373
>crazy and varied set designs
I always found the heroes very boring for the most part.

Some villains were cool, though
>>
>tfw impulse bought a pack of four Skull warriors on eBay
It's army building time bitches
>>
>>5600497
Skull Warriors are hood as fuck, I'm glad they're still relevant in The Journey To One and the app game.
>>
>>5600386
/toy/ was coming into its own just as Bionicle was effectively dead, and long before generals were the standard. /toy/ didn't even have a consistent Lego thread until a year before the movie's release.
>>
>>5600373
Nope. Brand new in-house property based on a slightly revamped CCBS.
>>
>>5600497
>>5600499
I'm using all the skull characters as part of my Scourge Undead Army and buying extras to mix together try build a moc Undead Monstrosity.
>>
>>5600497
>>5600499
>>5600525

I never cared about bonkles before, but impulse bought a Skull Basher on clearence at Target. Loved him, and ended up getting a Skull Slicer, Skull Grinder, and three Skull Warriors (one carrying the spear, one wielding the bow normally, and one reverse built to wield the bow oppositely). They're neat.
>>
Is g2 really failing?
Why? Not a big enough push from lego?
Kids don't like cbbs?
>>
>>5600308
http://mana-ramp-matoran.deviantart.com/
>>
>>5600548
>Kids don't like cbbs?

this. everyone, let's all stop pretending
>>
File: ccbs-explained.png (610 KB, 853x510) Image search: [Google]
ccbs-explained.png
610 KB, 853x510
>>5600548
>>5600552
>Kids don't like cbbs?
If kids didn't like CCBS, Hero Factory would've been dead in 2013, LEGO wouldn't have continued the Ultrabuild sets, and they would not have even allowed it to touch Star Wars.
>>
>>5600563
>>5600552
kids don't like bionicle :^)
>>
>>5600563
CCBS is an interesting system, I just don't think it's quite as rewarding to build, though. All you're literally doing is snapping balls into sockets, and on the occasion add some technic bits in. In the end you get something kinda cool, but it still doesn't feel rewarding like a normal brick set.

But that's just My opinion as someone who didn't get into Bionicle or HF.
>>
>>5600563
>BU-BUT ALL THOSE SKELLINGTON SETS STILL IN STORES!!!
>DON'T YOU SEE HOW THE LINE IS CLEARLY FAILING?
>by the way, please ignore all those Ninjago summer-sets that are also still on the shelf
>>
>>5600548
It wasn't in top 5 themes last year with SW, Ninjago, City, Duplo and Friends, therefore it bombed.
>>
>>5600548
no cartoon
>>
>>5600573
To be completely fair, those 5 are so huge hitters for Lego that overtaking even one would be giant undertaking, and something like Bionicle just can't do it right now.
>>
>>5600547
yeah i never really collected them either but my favourite character is the Lich King from Warcraft and always dreamed of having an undead army so these are perfect!
>>
File: Shika Nua.jpg (327 KB, 885x1180) Image search: [Google]
Shika Nua.jpg
327 KB, 885x1180
quick, post an old MOC to disguise your crippling lack of inspiration
>>
File: hunter2.jpg (1 MB, 2682x2804) Image search: [Google]
hunter2.jpg
1 MB, 2682x2804
>>5600651
>back in 2015
>>
Honestly though guys, are any of you disappointed with this Gen's run so far? When the sets for 2015 were leaked I had high hopes. When we were told we'd get animations in the spirit of MNoG I thought we would get a heavy dose of worldbuilding and lore right off the bat. Animated shorts that established intrigue and mystery instead of coming off as merely a lazy promotion for the toys. The Toa spending the majority of the year trying to get their masks to save Ekimu by the final stretch of 2015.

I don't care for obvious changes like the dropping of titles to make it simpler for kids, but everything else about the pacing and marketing of the line has just made me lose any spark of interest I came into this run with.

I recently got the first graphic novel for 2015 and I'm realizing that this is what the line should have been like. We see villagers in their homes. We see the wildlife interact with the heroes. We actually see new locations that aren't just the city of the Mask Makers and the shrines of the Golden Masks. We get proper dialogue from the Toa to help establish who they are, like Tahu insisting he's the leader no matter what.

And the sad part is that the book was released at the end of 2015, and the book pertaining to the summer wave won't be out until later THIS year. All of 2015 was a mess. And I know, 2001 didn't have much either, but that was intentional. This time it just seems like LEGO fucked up with the dates on half of the merch hence why we're still getting some 2015 items in 2016.

The sets I'm pleased with. But when I buy toys I buy things that hold interest because they're attached to something I've come to appreciate, like a movie or a cartoon. So while I'm getting the whole line out of obligation the fun is starting to fade.

And with 2016, I'm not huge on the fact that the Creatures and Umarak are just thrown in last second into the story similar to how Micheal Bay explains a new plot device in a Transformers flick. Sorry for the rant.
>>
File: DSCN1717.jpg (469 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1717.jpg
469 KB, 1200x1600
>>5600651
>>
File: DSC06840.jpg (1 MB, 2112x2816) Image search: [Google]
DSC06840.jpg
1 MB, 2112x2816
>>5600651
>>
File: Skeleton Berserker.jpg (272 KB, 940x1239) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Berserker.jpg
272 KB, 940x1239
>>5600660
>muh lore
>muh story
>muh promotions
>I can only enjoy things that are related to some other shit

I couldn't give less of a shit about any of that and I don't remember buying Blacktron, Aquazone, Insectoids or Slizer sets for their amazingly deep background stories or the three-panel comics that occasionaly were in the instructions.
They're still fucking (children) construction toys first and they definitely succeed in that area in my eyes.
>>
>>5600660
What are you talking about? The first book covered both winter AND summer wave of 2015.

But yeah, you're mostly right, Lego fucked up with releasing all this merchandise so late.
>>
File: [].jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
[].jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>5600670
>skullcostanza.jpg
>>
>>5600670
I don't make stories like I used to, man. I'm not as enthused about plastic robots as I was when I was 10. When Bionicle was first running I didn't give a fuck and did as I pleased. I never wanted this shit to pander to me, but I'm just let down because I guess I was expecting too much. I mean christ, I thought they hit home with the 2015 sets, and now the 2016 ones are a clusterfuck of gimmicks colors and trans parts out the ass. Even from a set standpoint the only thing 2016 excels in is the villans IMO.

I haven't made a proper MOC in a while now. I primarily ignore Bionicle since the generals have slowed drastically and every other community has become a cancerous hugbox that shuns the idea of adults talking/acting like adults because "muh younger members". The sets are just there. I look at them and I remember how crazy I used to get with my figures and now I don't even touch them because what's the point.

What I'm saying is that I've grown up and I hoped the story would be good because I'm not a kid anymore. I have a job. I'm in a relationship. I never have time where I'm completely alone since my room is right next to my brother's and he's always home. I'm too tired and bored to build. I can't fucking play with my figures because it feels wrong. I wanted this experience to be like reading a new book, watching a new show. I could be enveloped in it and enjoy it without having to make my own shit to make it enjoyable. Like, I wouldn't buy transformers at 20 to make my own story and play with them etc. If I did, it'd be because I like the show/movie/whatever.

My collection is all tied to things I care about. And I care about Bionicle. Yet from a media standpoint it's lacking and no, I don't feel like buying the sets just because is enough. It's burned a substantial hole in my wallet and the end result is a figure of a character I don't care for. And again, MOC fodder is just whatever at this point. I just want to want these toys, ya know?
>>
>>5600673
The first book was also riddled with product placement and we only got one extra character out of it. Not to mention the second half was just rushed and a rehash of the webisodes.

The graphic novel gave us so much more and lasted much longer from a pacing standpoint. I bet you the next one will blow the end of the first book out of the water in terms of content within the city of the MM.

If the graphic novel was released last winter, it would have been a much more solid first impression. Yet it's released after the summer wave starts so now it's just a sidelined piece of merch that nobody at that point cares about. Instead the first impression the line gave us was the webisodes for the first half of the year and nothing else.
>>
File: 000_0007.jpg (127 KB, 984x1041) Image search: [Google]
000_0007.jpg
127 KB, 984x1041
>>5600651
>>
File: This picture was taken in 2007.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
This picture was taken in 2007.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>5600651
I'd like to think I've improved a little some since I was 11
>>
File: 51htmdlXCmL.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51htmdlXCmL.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>>5600660
>>5600670

I think you're both right. Thing is, we're outsiders here. The line comes from LEGO and it's directed at kids. We need to see things from their perspective.

LEGO has a number of powerhouse themes. As Bionicle isn't one of them they have no reason to squander resourses to make it one. It only needs to pay for itself.

Kids are the consumers. The product must appeal to them AND have the approval of their parents. As such it doesn't need to be deep or ornate, and it can't be serious and complex like an adult would like.

That's it. We judge it by adult standards when it's not an adult thing, and we complain about lack of effort when there's no interest to commit effort.
Personally I don't expect anything from the line except for new pieces and techniques to moc with. There's no constraction set that is perfect as is and I can satisfy my need for a good story by writing it or finding it in an adult franchise.
G1 Bionicle is like the current pony gen. As a whole it's a piece of shit. But it was good at first and it hooked a lot of people who stayed for the entire ride.
My point is that we should all sit down and realistically think about what this line can provide and what our needs are.
Me, I want partspacks. I don't care what the line's story is because it's gonna suck anyway, and the set design isn't an issue because I'm gonna take them apart and build what I want. They could sell me a reverse mermaid (fish from the waist up, human from the waist down) or a hippo with no gimmicks or backstory. As long as the pieces are good, I'm happy.

Pic very related.
>>
>>5600732
So you're implying that Witch Doctor isn't good set out of the box?

Oh god I thought I was only one who thought so. It just looks dumb to me.
>>
>>5600732
Even with the notion of partspacks it's becoming a letdown. Here I was hoping to give my Ekimu a dual injected gold and blue MoC and LEGO gives his 2016 set a purely trans mask. I mean, come on.
>>
File: tumblr_o365cuIvXy1th788qo1_400.jpg (44 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o365cuIvXy1th788qo1_400.jpg
44 KB, 400x384
>>5600651
>>
>>5600741
>dual injected

May I remind you that everyone and their grandma bitched about dual injected masks on Uniters and Protectors?
>>
>>5600732
Bottom line, I knew it wasn't going to be big. I knew I wasn't the targeted audience. I just wish the media wasn't done so sloppily and hell, the toys weren't creeping into overkill status with the colors, greeb, and specialized parts.

I honestly want the dual injected parts to be reduced to just masks and the trans pieces used to get taken down a notch. Same with the gold and silver.
>>
>>5600744
The Uniters were fucking stupid because of the silver being unnecessary. The gold masks weren't that bad. And honestly, the purely trans blue MoC should have been in that polybag with the cloth and the 2016 set should have had the dual injected mask.

At least Ekimu is gold and tans light blue so it would fit. Purely trans masks just look dumb on a figure and are better as novelty parts.
>>
>>5600751
I can give you the color, since some are a bit rainbow.

But complaining about greeb and specialized parts is pretty dumb wen compared to genwun whcih was specialized central.
>>
>>5600757
Well if they wanted to replace HF with this as the prime CCBS line, they should have made more parts like the 2015 armor add-ons for the line, or new shells that had pistons and shit. Things that harken back to G1 without neglecting the CCBS nature of the figures.

While the technic integration of the Uniters is neat from a building perspective, the reintroduction of the vorox armor, the lack of a ball connection on the new uniter piece, and just the heavy deviation from CCBS in general puts me off. The Star Wars figures are doing better at being that universal CCBS line like what they've done with the back piece that covers the gearbox. I can see that part being used in other CCBS lines in the future. The Uniter torso? No.

What I'm saying is that they could have just kept improving CCBS as a whole with Bionicle but they're just trying all this weird shit that I think is not working.
>>
File: G2 purple.png (225 KB, 620x518) Image search: [Google]
G2 purple.png
225 KB, 620x518
>>5600735

I agree. The way his chest starts where the body shell ends pisses the hell out of me. But my point is that even though the set itself is bad and the story almost an insult, it's a good purchase because it has a ton of useful pieces.

>>5600741

I agree. It's not doing well in the only department that we realistically should expect something. But it's not doing as bad as people claim about the line. I just wish we got more of each year's new parts with each set. Or at least recolours. Preferably with wild colours such as mauve so we can build garrish and weird mocs with colour schemes like the G2 transformers.
>>
File: P2280045.jpg (3 MB, 3456x4608) Image search: [Google]
P2280045.jpg
3 MB, 3456x4608
>>5600735
My main issue with Witch Doctor was the limbs and limited their movement was, sure he was huge, but wasn't too pose-able, especially the legs
>>
Vader ar Grievous are the best CCBS sets Lego has done and you can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>5600660
"I'm not longer a child, I'm a manchild now, and Lego has failed to create a theme that brings back that spark of joy and wonder that all children have when getting absolutely any new toy! That means that the new bionicle is awful and Lego is run by idiots."

>>5600570
Bionicle G1 was the same. It was just snapping prefab bones together with a few technic pins to hold the body together.
>>
>>5600793

I'm not exactly dissagreeing, but Vader is as technic as he is CCBS if not more, and Grievous (while very accurate) is just a bunch of bones with a few shells. Add 5€$ for "Star" and another 5€$ for "Wars" and he is only good for fanboys. Good? Maybe because of his size, accuracy and character (only applies for those who care). Best? No way.
>>
>>5600839
There's still a bunch of Grievous shelfwarming here.

And I'm fairly sure that it's because Ekimu and Kulta were cheaper than he is, and so is Kopaka and Melum. Why get one when you can get two?

And yes, every other SW ultrabuild is overpriced as well. Medium-sized ones (Obi-Wan and most of the second wave) especially.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 591x831) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 591x831
>>5600793
>>
I miss titan sets
>>
>>5600876
Why is one Uniter the same price as Brutaka anyway?
>>
>>5600877
Inflation.

And for example, Tahu only has 60 pieces less than Brutaka.
>>
>>5600821
>>5600681
I collect things that represent something I enjoy, not just things that look cool. That has nothing to do with Lego failing to reignite some lost spark. Not to mention, I barely MOC so buying the figures purely for parts isn't a substantial enough reason for me to feel good about spending my money. I'm not trying to be a kid again. It's just that of all the things I've started collecting, the emotional investment with this line has dwindled for me due to how mediocre the whole experience is.

Again, for one, the community blows. Trying to enter contests is impossible nowadays because of fuckers like Roa, who spend every check on Lego and have a collection 50x what you've got. You can't go to any site outside of here because you're not a super exclusive e-celeb friendo with those who run the sites. And then coming here only becomes genuinely fun when leaks arise and speculations start to happen. And then we get fake leaks, letdowns when the sets are actually revealed, and fuck all for media distribution so not much to discuss in the off season.

Like, it's hard to care. I bought the Tohunga figures no problem just recently because I like what they represent. I bought Lego Movie sets because I like what they represent. I buy these new figures because I don't want to regret it later, and instead I'm regretting it now. There's just no huge reason. I want to have hope for 2017 but I just don't know anymore. It has nothing to do with feeling young again. I just don't have a reason yet can't stop myself from getting them which feels horrid.

Also, I have Ekimu and Makuta built and displayed because I actually liked them from the start. Everything else about G2 has not done that however and is just filling up bins.
>>
File: 21561pb05.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
21561pb05.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>>5600846

Yeah, I unironically believe that each set is priced an extra 10 because of the SW name. This is a major turn off, because I want the shoulderpads and boots but I don't want to pay the extra money because I don't care about SW.
Here they are shelfwarming harder than Chima Ultrabuilds. And those shelfwarmed to the max. Even the odd neckbeard avoids them.
Are you in the mediterranean area?

Speaking of Star Wars, how come nobody's made a Commander Shepard with this piece yet?
>>
>>5600897
>mediterranean
Far from it. I'm from Finland.
>>
File: ixGOyiM.png (397 KB, 468x854) Image search: [Google]
ixGOyiM.png
397 KB, 468x854
>>5600896
>>5600660
>>
>>5600917
I can say, you're not wrong.
>>
>>5600897
Bricklink. In one order, I managed to get almost all the parts I wanted from SW wave 1, uniters and creatures, and even chima wave 2. Plus some parts were in higher quantities than the sets. Only cost me $70, which is the price of just 4 toa.

I dunno what people didn't like about chima ultrabuilds, if you're talking about the second wave. Were they overpriced?
>>
File: 420124.jpg (107 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
420124.jpg
107 KB, 750x750
Since we are on the subject of Star Wars again, still requesting the light saber hilt guide.
>>
>>5600957
I actually wonder, how much people buy CCBS from BL?

I have a lot of it on my store, and people rarely buy it. But when they do, they don't just buy one or two bones, they buy little more.
>>
>>5600960
Design one yourself you lazy fuck
>>
>>5600981
Someone had a good guide to multiple cool design, and the parts to make them. I don't have a ton of extra parts sitting around and mainly have to order them.

So, you know, fuck off mate.
>>
>>5600968
I mainly buy shells, I still have a shit ton of bones left from previous ultra builds that I already revamped into a much superior form.
>>
>>5600968
So, you're not going to shill your store?
>>
File: 1398189815478.png (570 KB, 593x538) Image search: [Google]
1398189815478.png
570 KB, 593x538
>>5600732
>implying a reverse mermaid isn't a great, inventive design
>>
>>5600995
I didn't want to, but since you asked so nicely. [toyspoiler]If anyone orders, mention that you're from here and I'll give you small discount.[/toyspoiler]

And when the hell is Bricklink going to fix their CCBS categories? They're a fucking mess.
>>
File: a.png (406 KB, 1023x834) Image search: [Google]
a.png
406 KB, 1023x834
>>5600986
>if only there was a free program that let's me design shit with unlimited Lego bricks...
>>
>>5601023
They finally updated it to have the fucking light sabers?
>>
>>5601027
It got an update not too long ago. It even has brand new Bonkle-parts.

Bizarrely it has the eyestalk, but not the head or masks. Maybe LDD is just too dumb for that connection
>>
>>5601029
>Maybe LDD is just too dumb for that connection

Doubt it since the Chima heads with movable jaws and their unorthodox connection are also there.
>>
>>5600957

Eh, I can't into e-money. Regarding Chima ultrabuilds, people just didn't care. Wave 1 Gorzan and Eris shelfwarmed so hard you could find them for years everywhere. Same for the wave 2 mammoth and buzzard guys. It got so bad that these two were put in clearance (from 17€ to 10). And nothing EVER gets put in clearance here no matter how old, unwanted or how damaged the package is. I'm thinking about getting two mammoths to make a symmetrical one and use extra pieces for other mocs.
Imagine how metal a moc with an undead mammoth head for a shoulder pad would be.
>>
File: nigga.png (749 KB, 1900x900) Image search: [Google]
nigga.png
749 KB, 1900x900
>>5600563
shit, I'd like some new ccbs bones.
The star wars ones are great

What I really want is a shell piece that only covers a bone and doesn't curve any further
That way when a bone is attached directly in front of another, you could put a shell on both sides and it would create a solid shape and support add-ons on both sides

also a new variation of something along the original ccbs torso shell, but with some detailing in the center and add-on/pin support on the pelvis as well as the chest, with a new armor add on in that shape.

a long leg piece with two ball joints on the length would be cool too. Could attach the current small shell with a round piece for hips and then another shell under it for the thigh
same could be done for lower leg but with knees (this is giving me ideas for something to build tonight)

Would be good to have a torso piece that didnt have a gear for waist articulation too
>>
File: DSC07263.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
DSC07263.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
>>5601050
I only the got the baddies from Wave 1 and somehow bought almost every wave 2 set (Tormak is the only one missing), but I simply revamp them.
And not because I liked Chima, it was okay, but nothing great, mainly got the ultrabuilds cuz I'm a furry...
>inb4 I'm labeled a furfag
>>
>>5601015

"Hey there, sailor...~<3"
I agree but it'd turn off kids and moms alike. I want a constraction line that will laugh at conventional standards and go off the rails, but as I expect it to be "WTF-The toyline" my main focus would be the pieces.
>>
File: system shell.jpg (23 KB, 351x288) Image search: [Google]
system shell.jpg
23 KB, 351x288
>>5601061
Still waiting for this:
>>
>>5601099
That looks dangerous, anon.

I like it, although I'd prefer it more if the actual plate part of the piece was a bit thinner.
>>
>>5601105
It's just a photoshop I slapped togeher a while ago.
Just imagine the posibilities of it: you could basically build your own shells with System-bricks on top of it (or even on the sides with some SNOT-brackets), with no size restrictions at all.
>>
>>5601120
the lego general is full of mocs of robots made with bricks. is no easy way to using bonkle parts really stopping you from being creative?
>>
>>5601120
Just do a technic armature, anon. Not everything needs to use ball connections.
>>
>>5601094

Forgot pic

>>5601081

I don't like furry myself, but only because of the cartoony Disney faces. I enjoy the occassional anthro and literal monster.
This

https://e621.net/post/show/185818/antlers-breasts-demon-digital_media_-artwork-dream

was one of the reasons why I picked up Umarak.
>>
>>5601120
The brick you've imagined seems quite limited actually. It has nothing that allows it to truly usefully connect to other System parts without the connection being very flimsy. It seems a bit poorly though out as a part.

Also >>5601125 and >>5601131
>>
>>5601099
That piece is shit, having 4 studs. It's huge. Use this piece, which already exists.
>>
^ Forgot pic. http://i.imgur.com/DTXOs5C.png
>>
>>5600548
I feel it's a combination of a relative lack of promotion (JtO's basically nothing when Nexo Knights got a whole TV series the year it debuted), and an unwillingness to go full-on insane with set designs.

The average G2 set quality is a marked improvement over G1, but the more inventive designs (LoSS, Skull Scorpio, Ketar) suffer from too many flaws and their bad reception probably sends the wrong message to the designers. We don't really have anything huge and impressive that would catch most kids attention like the Rahi or the Bahrag did, and the only true Titan we have is Umarak the Destroyer, which is kind of a mixed bag.

It doesn't help that the designers are kind of a mixed bag too. Everything's generally competent enough, but they could really stand to be more adventurous, both with the way they design sets and their choice of pieces (look at all the stuff from Ninjago and Chima that they could be using instead of the same old Hero Factory parts).
>>
>>5600548
>Not a big enough push from lego
This. Nexo Knights got a fucking magazine over here as well as a cartoon series. The little model included looks quite good as well. What did Bonkle G2 get during the first wave? A few shitty Flash animations and a book that I don't think even came out where I am.
>>
>>5601187
What set does that come in? I need a lot of them.
>>
>>5601214
http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=20482#T=C
>>
File: IMG_1829.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1829.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Updated my gril considerably from last thread. I also gave her a little buddy.

When's draw-anon coming back?
>>
>>5601190
lego minifigs look more human than robots wearing masks.
>>
>>5601255
Does she have one dick or three?
>>
File: Just fuck my spine up.png (450 KB, 1206x630) Image search: [Google]
Just fuck my spine up.png
450 KB, 1206x630
>"overall good condition"
>"light play wear"
Fuck this person. Every time I look for skullfuckers, this comes up.
>>
>>5601255
can i cum inside her?
>>
File: Updated.jpg (665 KB, 1936x1296) Image search: [Google]
Updated.jpg
665 KB, 1936x1296
Got my MOC some nice new legs and arms. Took away one sword though. How's it look?
>>
>>5601308
looking good. now give him/her some nice poses.
>>
>>5600882
In a related note, Brutaka is make up of a huge amount of more mass produced Technic parts, while Tahu uses a lot more specialized parts you only see in this theme.
>>
>>5601263
They don't even look like dicks senpai
>>5601303
Maybe, I'm waiting for the animu version
>>
File: Pose.jpg (663 KB, 1936x1296) Image search: [Google]
Pose.jpg
663 KB, 1936x1296
>>5601313
How about shanking a nigga?
>>
>>5601313
>her
In the world of mocs, a large majority of females would have nuva chests. That one doesn't.
Besides, I think he said the creation was a guy in earlier threads.
>>
>>5600523
By revamped I hope you mean "incorporating G1 pieces alongside G2 pieces like many MOCs do.
>>
>>5601308
I liked the animu version better :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 640x616
>>5601293
>She snipped the fucking spine!
>>
>>5601334
It's bad enough when people cut the spines for MOCs. This person wants money for the broken part. It probably isn't even cut cleanly.
>>
File: 1460079032420.gif (159 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1460079032420.gif
159 KB, 160x120
>>5601334
>I snipped all my spines when I got them because I wanted more articulation
>it wasn't worth it
>>
>>5601401
Quick question: what's a good way to attach the bottom part of the spine without it coming off easily? I don't really like the connection in the official sets.
>>
>>5601412
4-length crossbeam and 2 little washer peices to hold it in place?
>>
>>5601255
Is draw-anon kill? He said he'd post
>>
File: pure butter.jpg (278 KB, 600x754) Image search: [Google]
pure butter.jpg
278 KB, 600x754
I haven't had a lot of time to mess with this stuff but here's the first cast of the 2015 hau, as someone here requested. My cleanest first cast of any mold yet. Will try to build up a sizable stock of masks before I start selling.
>>
File: otterman empire.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
otterman empire.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>5601544
>that slight scratching
>the denting on the right vent
Slight air bubbles on the chin aside, it looks like it's been rattling in a toybox for a month. It's glorious, anon. Glorious.
>>
>>5601544
It's beautiful. How close is the yellow to Lego's yellow?
>>
File: 6587.gif (3 KB, 80x60) Image search: [Google]
6587.gif
3 KB, 80x60
>>5601412
One of these.
>>
File: 1402213523865.gif (1 MB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
1402213523865.gif
1 MB, 400x275
>>5601544
save for the tiniest amout of flash in the cheek grilles, that's pretty god damn perfect

you've come such a long way and it's kinda inspiring really
>>
> tfw a cut piraka spine gives the head more articulation, looks better on mocs that you don't want to have a spine, and the spine can be cut further so you have nice armor pieces to go with.

Show me enough half-decent mocs that use uncut piraka spines and you've got a case. You never see any though because it's so hard to do that it's not worthwhile.
>>
>>5602063
I've seen a moc where the head was cut off and the spine was used in construction.
>>
the spine, no. But the spiky metru armor parts, yes.
>>
>>5602063

But a spine is a Piraka's most sensitive part. Cutting it show you're part of Mata Nui's chosen people is barbaric.
>>
File: 1456408791591.png (78 KB, 835x357) Image search: [Google]
1456408791591.png
78 KB, 835x357
>>5601293
Lol, I stole this image.
>>
File: 20160406_022000.jpg (303 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
20160406_022000.jpg
303 KB, 1328x747
>>5600651
>>
>>5600660
>>5600681
>>5600732
>Wahh this children's line doesn't cater to me as an adult!

Honestly if you came into this whole thing expecting it to, you're kind of a dumbass. Don't spam whiny tl;drs all over the thread about it, and the one of you who mentioned mlp needs to go to /mlp/ and stay there.
>>
>>5600723
That hand design blew my mind. Good on you.
>>
File: this-is-bionicle.jpg (797 KB, 857x1280) Image search: [Google]
this-is-bionicle.jpg
797 KB, 857x1280
If LEGO starts making Bio/Hero sets like these, I may be tempted to buy into the line.
>>
>>5602307
>mostly Bionicle/Technic parts
>Hero core
What the fuck
>>
Does anyone understand how the southern continent/Voya Nui/Mahri nui domes work?

All I get is that Voya Nui used to be part of the southern continent then during the great cataclysm the southern continent breaks up and Voya Nui goes to the surface of aqua magna and more of the southern continent falls into the sea and becomes Mahri Nui with the cord connecting the two. So is the southern continent completely destroyed or is there a tiny little chain of islands with a massive stone cord going into the sky?
>>
>>5602348
Voya Nui broke off, Mahri Nui formed then sunk back into Aqua Magna. Then the cord is broken, and Voya Nui goes back into the Southern Continent which had a Voya Nui-sized hole in it, also plugging up Karda Nui's leaky sink.
>>
>>5601401
Reminds me of the time I took those old L shaped limbs from the Throwbots/Roboriders era and cut the balls off at the base of the axle for ball joints with a strong axle grip.... I hardly use them.
>>
>>5602357
Actually, why wasn't Karda Nui completely filled with water?

You'd think that an island-sized hole would let in quite a bit of water in thousand years.
>>
>>5602491
Karda was big as hell, I guess. Was it ever established how big it exactly is? Even the Kakama couldn't traverse it quickly. Isn't it like like Mata Nui's entire chest section?
>>
File: Concept_Art_Karda_Nui_Codrex.jpg (208 KB, 1600x1128) Image search: [Google]
Concept_Art_Karda_Nui_Codrex.jpg
208 KB, 1600x1128
It actually was a third full of water according to concept art.
>>
>>5602491
It's a big dome
>>
>>5600791
I think you made it a lot worse.
>>
>>5600570
The thing i like about building with bonkles/ccbs is that i don't need several tons of brick to build something nice. I have a pile of ccbs/bionicle/technic parts on my desk, around my keyboard and mouse. I idly play with pieces while I'm doing other things, and when i encounter a configuration of pieces i like, or a nice colour scheme, i make a full build out of it, or at least half a build. I like system, but I'd need to sort my collection before i could moc anything with a coherent colour scheme, or using very specific pieces.

Bonkles can be used to make interesting and complex builds without the need for me to spend half an hour looking for one piece. My ccbs/etc builds aren't all snap'n'build humanoids, most of them are weird and intricate, and a few are borderline heresy. At the same time it's nice to just put together a generic 'guy', which is aesthetically please, but fairly simple in terms of construction.

I should note that this is an opinion, I'm not presenting this as fact or shitting on system. Don't yell at me.
>>
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/lego/index.html
Seems like Cartoon Network doesn't have a problem with promoting a Netflix show after all, at least online. Has anyone seen Bionicle ads on TV recently?
>>
>>5602609
Only the usual for the toys.
>>
>>5602491
If it's a pinhole size and you are trying to fill a blimp, it will still take a long time.
>>
>>5602296

>>5600732 here. You remind me of Azathoth. He too is a blind idiot. I even open my post saying that this is a line for kids and that we can't hold it to adult standards. They're toys for fuck's sake.

>the one of you who mentioned mlp needs to go to /mlp/ and stay there

Way to miss the point.
>>
>>5602307
You ready to pay 50+ for that?
>>
>>5602288
PEKKU!
>>
>>5602307
Never wanted to fug a Bonkle until that...
>>
>>5602296
>>5600896
To put it simply for your sake
>this whole experience with G2, out of everything, has been a mixed bag for multiple reasons

Not because of anything G1 or nostalgic, m8.
>>
File: 1454092825509.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1454092825509.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>5602693
>You remind me of Azathoth. He too is a blind idiot.

Okay.
>>
>>5602491
Why do you think the Av-Matoran lived on stalactites and 2008 was all about flight? The ground was entirely covered with Black Water from The Pit.
As for the Southern Continent, yeah, there was a massive stone pillar reaching into the sky where Mount Valmai used to be, but nobody went near it because of the Black Waterfall.
>>
>>5602348
How exactly did Voya Nui get from the Southern Continent to the surface of Aqua Magna? Wouldn't it have had to fly upwards?
>>
>>5602989
The Cataclysm caused it to break off, and this could mean one of two things:
>Voya Nui slowly floated upwards in its thousand years of separation
>the pressure that was released from the breakage caused it to shoot upwards to the water's surface
>>
>>5603011
I don't really understand how either of these works though.
>Voya Nui slowly floated upwards in its thousand years of separation
Floated upwards through what? Mata Nui was lying down, so Voya Nui would've had to float upwards through the 'sky' of its dome

>the pressure that was released from the breakage caused it to shoot upwards to the water's surface
And smash through Mata Nui's chest? Wasn't it made of an extremely hard metal? How does an island made of rock and earth manage that
>>
>>5603014

Yeah. It went kinda like this: Mata Nui slams into the Aqua Magna planet. Inside his chest, the part upon which the landmass that later formed Voya Nui rests broke off. From the Matoran's perspective, it looked like the broken-off landmass shot up into the sky.

It then tore through Mata Nui's chest and floated up to the ocean's surface, since Mata Nui had been lying in the water at this point. This allowed water to pour in through both the hole on Mata Nui's chest and the hole inside his chest. The water partially filled up his heart chamber, Karda Nui.

>How does an island made of rock and earth manage that
As I recall, there's a piece of concept art that shows that there's actually a "plug" of sorts sealing up Karda Nui. I always imagined that it came loose and tore through the sky dome, that is, Mata Nui's chest. Since the plug was made of metal, it was presumably hard enough to do this.

How anything on the surface of this plug survived slamming into the ceiling, including land formations and living beings, then survived their rise to the surface of the ocean, I have no idea. Also don't know why it didn't sink back down, since that's what it did later at the end of the 2007 story.
>>
>>5603022
I'd like to see that concept art if you know where to find it.

It was mentioned that there were numerous deaths when Voya Nui shot upwards, in one of the books I think. And the island did seem pretty barren of formations AND wildlife, so maybe had a lot more of both before the cataclysm.
>>
>>5603022
>Also don't know why it didn't sink back down, since that's what it did later at the end of the 2007 story
Because the cord connecting Voya Nui and Mahri Nui anchored it in place.
>>
>>5602307
>>5602704
If that were a set it would cost $100+ based on the parts count alone.
>>
>>5603024
http://faberfiles.blogspot.com/2012/06/design-of-voya-nui.html
http://faberfiles.blogspot.com/2012/05/karda-nui-heart-of-legend.html

Good ol' Christian Faber talks about it here. Says the section went into freeze mode when it broke off, which helped preserve all the shit on it.

>>5603027
Yeah but didn't it form later out of liquid lava or something?
>>
>>5603043
Yes the cord formed after Voya Nui was on the surface, apparently Voya Nui was just freely floating around on aqua magna before the cord formed, it just didn't get far enough from Mata Nui's body for it to matter.
>>
>>5602989
>>5603011
>>5603014
The Great Cataclysm was literally a world-shattering event.
Imagine if the earth stopped spinning. That's essentially what happened when Mata Nui hit Aqua Magna, continents were torn apart, extensive damage was done across the MU, and holy shit, a hole broke open in Mata Nui's chest above Kard Nui. Possibly the same hole Makuta eventually used to launch the Ignika into space (part of his keikaku)?
Maybe Voya Nui's position above Karda Nui could have been a factor in it being dislodged during Mata Nui's descent, and in addition to the artificial gravity being disabled, it shot up into the sky and smashed through the hole. Like when an elevator drops too quickly and you lose your footing for a second x40,000,000.
Now, Voya Nui's major landmark is Mount Valmai, a giant active volcano. When Mahri Nui broke off, the magma pockets beneath the island formed a giant stone cord as it sank to the ocean floor, anchoring it in place.
If you recall, the Matoran of Voya Nui and Mahri Nui mention that thousands of lives were lost during that whole ordeal, including Jovan.
After aaaaaaall that shit, what was left in Mata Nui was a waterfall of salt water (an alien substance to the Matoran Universe), combined with Protodermis and irradiated by Karda Nui's Light Energy and turned into Black Water aka Pit Mutagen.
Of course, the exact location of The Pit was never established so we don't really know how it fit into the whole Mahri Nui story.
>>5603043
Maybe Voya Nui drifted around before Mahri Nui broke off, but somehow made its way back home when the Cord broke.
>>
>>5603043
I absolutely love these cross-sections. Wish Faber had more, but I know that the other sections of the GSR didn't get as much attention as Karda Nui and Metru Nui.
>>
>>5602886
>Someone offended me!
>I'll reply with le edgy fedora meme

Your originality and wit shine brighter than the Red Star. Like a beacon.
>>
>>5603059
They should really have put out some art book, but at least we had Faber Files to sort of fill in that role.

Always found this early design for Metru Nui interesting because it's such a drastic departure from the generic futuristic island city we ended up with (which is not to say it wasn't nice though). Even the first movie's storyboards had Metru Nui looking more like this, a giant cave system with lights in the distance rather than a techno-island in a sea. Though I guess it would have looked like Onu-Koro on steroids if they had kept this design.
>>
>>5603091
Holy shit, it's the Key to Nongu!
>>
>>5603063
Hooooohohoooly shit get a load of this guy
>>
File: 1454092825510.jpg (192 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
1454092825510.jpg
192 KB, 1032x774
>>5603063
>You remind me of Azathoth. He too is a blind idiot.
>Your originality and wit shine brighter than the Red Star. Like a beacon.
>>
File: IMG_4101.jpg (461 KB, 968x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4101.jpg
461 KB, 968x1296
Damn, that picture was hard to make...
>>
File: collection.jpg (1008 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
collection.jpg
1008 KB, 2592x1936
Post how you organize your collection.
>>
File: en guarde.jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
en guarde.jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
>>5600651
Here we go again.
>>
File: leg surfin.jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
leg surfin.jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
>>5603698
And number 2. Ideas on how to make them look less like they were made from scraps?
>>
>>5603704
A more smoothly toned figure perhaps?
>>
>>5603698
>>5603704
Please resize your images next time
>>
>>5603750
[toyspoiler]No.[/toyspoiler]
>>
Anyone got Gali fixes? I'm contemplating between Pohatu or Gali to get and fix it, I have the Pohatu fix images but I don't recall the same for Gali, were there any posted before?
>>
File: IMG_3825.jpg (325 KB, 775x1037) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3825.jpg
325 KB, 775x1037
>>5603765
It's not that good, but still better than the ugly thing that is the original set.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 710x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 710x800
>>5603765
>>
File: Alligators.jpg (225 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Alligators.jpg
225 KB, 1024x768
>>5600651
>>
>>5600917
>ix goyim
>>
File: 20160411_191907(0)-1.jpg (3 MB, 2254x2219) Image search: [Google]
20160411_191907(0)-1.jpg
3 MB, 2254x2219
>>5600651
Posting old and new revamp
>>
>>5603832
What is the hordika neck with the shoulder armor connected to? Can't really make it out.
>>
>>5602278
I remember when I made that.
Good times.
>>
>>5604713
Fucking hell, no one knows or cares that you made it Eggo. Stop using your trip, you have literally no reason for it.
>>
>>5604713
>Haven't been here in over three months and I post under the same name from the last time.

shit.

>>5604720
I'm genuinely sorry.
>>
>>5604731
It's fine, it's fine
>>
File: 60849.jpg (7 KB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
60849.jpg
7 KB, 150x113
>>5604365
It's a black version of pic related. Not the most sturdy connection but it's good enough since there isn't much space in here to work with.
>>
>>5604738
Ah, I think I have one somewhere among my system parts, have to go diving to find it. Thanks.
>>
>>5604713
I remember the times there were no namefags here.
Good times.
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 720x960
Yo, guys. Rate my female villager WIP.
>>
>>5604774
More T&A
>>
>>5604775
this
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 720x960
>>5604774
Wanted a buck with better articulation and thinner arms.
>>
>>5604774
Arms are bit in the short side.
>>
Arms aren't short. Elbows should be at the bottom of the ribcage.

Nothing much to say about the WIP yet though. It's honestly not different at all from the set except for being articulated.
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 720x960
>>5604778
Obligatory amputee sexy pose.
>>
File: 1429325911483.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1429325911483.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>5604783
Thank god
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 720x960
>>5604782
The main point was to give it hips and thinner arms, hence why she has the mixel bicep. Can't really do much about the torso being small since she's meant to scale with the Protectors. Her torso is actually a notch longer than the Protector bone piece too.
>>
File: 6.png (3 MB, 1895x1053) Image search: [Google]
6.png
3 MB, 1895x1053
>>5600244
Just got these mf'ers
https://imgur.com/a/Wwamk
>>
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 720x960
>>5604786
And don't forget, the Protectors had even wonkier proportions.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 720x960
>>5604792
Especially from the side.
>>
>>5604793
Here's the last pic. Just a quickly on how her hands should look. Trying to give her fingers jus results in her becoming a knuckle dragged like Vizuna.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 720x960
>>5604808
>>
>>5604808
>dragger

Well then.
>>
Use minifig hands for fingers. You can put some cut flex or pneumatic tubes to make them thicker.
>>
File: 2016-04-12 20.04.08.jpg (124 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-12 20.04.08.jpg
124 KB, 320x480
>>
>>5602609
Not since G1.
>>
>>5600910
ye, bionicle might be more expensive now but compare it to other Lego prices in Finland and it starts to seem a lot better deal.
>>
>>5605087
the parts counts are higher though. The Protectors are about the same price as the mata, and have like 2x the pieces, plus all their pieces are good, unlike the toa mata which had like 5 usable pieces each.
>>
>>5604774
Could you post a break down of the Torso?
>>
File: Magnhild - Style Onua.png (88 KB, 1126x586) Image search: [Google]
Magnhild - Style Onua.png
88 KB, 1126x586
>>
>>5605788
That's pretty sweet.
>>
>>5605087
Pretty much.

Hell, Creatures are some of the cheapest sets here, only losing to smallest stuff and Mixels. That's because every $10 set gets boosted to 11€ or 12€.
>>
File: shepard bowlhead.png (896 KB, 471x802) Image search: [Google]
shepard bowlhead.png
896 KB, 471x802
>>5600897
>how come nobody's made a Commander Shepard with this piece yet?

SW sets are fuckexpensive here. Only bought Grievious and Vader

Last time I tried Shepard I wasn't able to get around how to make a head better than this.
>>
>>5605788

Looks cool, but wouldn't the hammer head be too heavy IRL for the hinges to support it and keep the handle straight?
>>
File: dankmeme.jpg (879 KB, 1376x1824) Image search: [Google]
dankmeme.jpg
879 KB, 1376x1824
>>5606423
>>
>>5603832
>tfw i spent almost 5 hours trying to make a mod for Gali but i could never be satisfied with my work

i ended up just having the vanilla build in united form
>>
File: ggg.png (431 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ggg.png
431 KB, 1024x768
>>5603765
Pohatu is fine really, i found myself switching out the trans neo green shells on his arms with brown orange shells that his 2015 version had, but otherwise i think he is top tier, especially if you break up the weapon so he ends up dual wielding a stone flail in one hand, and a crystal sword in the other, it works out really well i think

You'll have a harder time with Gali, i think the general issue with Gali is that her mask is just awful, she looks way better when united though
>>
File: !1455415829139.jpg (317 KB, 775x1037) Image search: [Google]
!1455415829139.jpg
317 KB, 775x1037
>>5606885
I assume you refer to a similar idea for Pohatu (pic related has been posted a few times, I just saved it, haven't bough a new toa yet)
As for Gali, yea the mask does feel meh, it's like they tried to fuse Nokama metru's mask with either of the Gali masks. Once I get her I will keep her united with Akida.
>>
>>5606205
not really, no
>>
File: Cast_1_yellow_compare.jpg (491 KB, 1500x1031) Image search: [Google]
Cast_1_yellow_compare.jpg
491 KB, 1500x1031
>>5601563
about like this? I tried to get it about how it looks in person. The resin color is either noticeably more dull, or the Lego color is actually more orange-ish than I had previously thought. Or both.

I'm finding that yellow is a pain in the dick to take pictures of because it's about the same color as the highlights any lights put on it.

>>5601550
thanks dood

>>5601647
means a lot coming from you, mr. Yankovic
>>
What happened to that shitposter who only built with purple parts? Did his girlfriend cuck him or something?
>>
Weird question: how much do you guys thing mint condition, unopened Quest for the Masks Rahi Challenge Expansion Packs would sell for? Like, a bunch of them? A store near me still has almost a whole box for $1.99 each, and they're from fucking 2001.
>>
>>5607214
She had a nice ass.
>>
>>5607304
there's a guy on bricklink named "catsuphen" or something, sells a lot of that kind of thing (unopened g1 stuff - like 2001-2003), maybe he would know
>>
http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?G=18636#T=S&O={}

There's a bunch for sale for $2 or less, and not a single one has been sold on bricklink in the last 6 months. I'd say it's not worth it.
>>
>>5603704
Raise that matoran's shoulders.
>>
File: JUST KARZANHI MY KOHLII UP.jpg (112 KB, 275x405) Image search: [Google]
JUST KARZANHI MY KOHLII UP.jpg
112 KB, 275x405
so bionicle is dead and we'll never get mask packs again, right?
>>
File: b4jmd.jpg (40 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
b4jmd.jpg
40 KB, 500x433
https://youtube.com/watch?v=l_2fHcGlAi4
>>
>>5607424
Absolutely dead.
>>
>>5607424
i love this meme
>>
>>5607424
We didn't get mask packs after 2003.

It's been 13 years, learn to let go already.
>>
>>5607424
Did you honestly expect mask packs?
The old ones weren't considered profitable in the first place and were cut.
>>
>>5607603
Holy shit, that cured my depression.
>>
>>5607908
think about it though, CMFs are a thing now, and they decided a Simpsons CMF wave was worth it somehow.

I know the mask packs would never have happened anyway since the number of masks they put in the sets is obviously supposed to serve that function, but it's nice to be able to dream.
>>
File: 5002941-bag.jpg (161 KB, 690x684) Image search: [Google]
5002941-bag.jpg
161 KB, 690x684
>>5608028
CMFs can be a thing because you can play with a minifig even without having to buy any sets. The problem with mask packs -- as much as I'd love to get new ones -- is that there's a requirement for you to get other sets to get the minimum amount of play with them.

It sounds kinda dumb, because the Toa are only 15 USD, but that can make the difference when it comes to "impulse" purchases; that is, cheap little things that you can just buy on its own because it's neat.

It looks like TLG has decided that the best that can be done for now is to include extra masks in the regular sets, and to make mask polybags. The polybags are also a cheap purchase kind of thing, but instead of being waves of tens of masks to produce, it's only one set of pieces every six months or so.
>>
>>5608066
And even then, Villain Pack and Accessory Pack were never sold in most of the world.
>>
File: AYO YO PIRAKAAA.png (570 KB, 1123x925) Image search: [Google]
AYO YO PIRAKAAA.png
570 KB, 1123x925
>>5601510
nah im just lazy
>>
>>5608258
But I'm charmed
>>
>>5608258
I feel triggered.
>>
File: Melum.png (318 KB, 594x500) Image search: [Google]
Melum.png
318 KB, 594x500
>Tfw Melum could have been something unique and cool but he just ends up being a shitty terak clone
>>
File: bunny.jpg (169 KB, 660x1175) Image search: [Google]
bunny.jpg
169 KB, 660x1175
This thread needs more PROBLEMATIC mods.
>>
>>5608376
this is why mocs exist
>>
File: bunny2.jpg (139 KB, 535x1111) Image search: [Google]
bunny2.jpg
139 KB, 535x1111
>>
>>5608376
That would have been a nice use of the HF 3.0 head with a slight modification.
>>
>>5608437
>>5608434
not bad, more poses,
lewd ones as well
>>
File: HF chest.png (130 KB, 1415x923) Image search: [Google]
HF chest.png
130 KB, 1415x923
>>5608434
>>5608437
Damn that's nice. Are you the same guy who built another lady with a similar bust type a few months ago?

Nice going on the little bunny tail. With a little more effort and some of the white versions of that piece, or maybe some white Nuva shoulders, you could give her some pretty serious donk.

Speaking of, how do you guys like to implement cleavage? I was fooling around trying to get a less round-part reliant bust a little while ago. The main issue with it is that because of the little nub at the top of the HF chestpiece, an axle can't be placed where a neck would be without committing actual heresy.
>>
File: bunny3.jpg (154 KB, 864x805) Image search: [Google]
bunny3.jpg
154 KB, 864x805
>>5608449
Hate to tell you this but that thing can barely pose due to some design issues like the "hair" getting in the way.
>>
>>5608464
The hair you have on now seems to have a lot of room for pins, it may be possible to rework it to allow for better posing.
>>
File: instructions.jpg (705 KB, 1839x1435) Image search: [Google]
instructions.jpg
705 KB, 1839x1435
>>5608453
Yeah, it's pretty much just a variation of one of my older designs.
For some reason I thought that using Meltdown's face as hair with a banana as ahoge would be fucking hilarious and so one thing lead to another.
>>
File: IMG_3895.jpg (415 KB, 968x1039) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3895.jpg
415 KB, 968x1039
>>5608376
Yeah, it's the only creature I feel has no redeeming aspect. I mean, maybe ketar isn't that good but at least it looks different. This is why I've rebuilt Melum to look more like some sort of small bear.
>>
File: P1020931.jpg (316 KB, 553x988) Image search: [Google]
P1020931.jpg
316 KB, 553x988
>>5608453
I actually tried to use that HF chestpiece as chest (duh) once, too, but attached to the Savage Planet shield.
Works pretty decent and isn't as "in your face" as stuff like Nuva-tits.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
just got this today<3333
>>
>>5608543
Good for you. I have all 6, all 6 Kal and 3 Va.
>>
File: dd2.jpg (2 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
dd2.jpg
2 MB, 2304x1728
>>5608549
have to collect the rest :D
>>
>>5608553
>orange Bohrok part from Boxor

Neat.
>>
File: dd.jpg (3 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
3 MB, 2304x1728
>>5608555
>nice trips, here is one more
>>
File: ketar.png (92 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ketar.png
92 KB, 480x270
>>5608476
>ketar isn't that good

Nice meme
>>
File: gg.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
"Beam me (post) up guys"
>>
>>5608556
>>5608555
Why in a bathroom?

>>5608565
Fix your fisheye holy shit
>>
>>5608572
>when i got them i noticed a smell, they where not clean so i cleaned them up :)
>and the bathroom seams to be a good place to do that :)
tub+(hot)water+cleaners, dishtowel(sieve style)+(cold)water, air dry on a towel. made mine clean, good experience so far :)
>>
>>5608584
> :) :) :)
>Fisheye from hell
>Showing ugly feet on dirty bathroom floor

Is this some kind of arthouse ruse or something? Fuck off, type normally and learn how take pictures.
>>
>>5608453
with nuva tits
----> >>5600742
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 126

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.