[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General: Space choo choo edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: Botcon-201600107.jpg (186 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
Botcon-201600107.jpg
186 KB, 2048x1356
Old >>5598927

The Final botcon is almost over how do you rate the reveals and what are you excited for?
>>
>Final botcon

stop spreading this meme. there was a botcon before FP, there'll be one after.
>>
>>5599755
Y'know, robo-Marxism.

Class warfare between the oppressed and the proletariat! Decepticons and homobots have been living under the oppression of the Autobots and must violently overthrow them to instate robo-communism!
>>
>>5599760
Mostly shit we already knew or was rumored.

Still it was cool to see Highbrow and Weirdwolf, but definitely not worth going.
>>
>Titan Fort Max – will he have a weapon like a sword or gun?

Stay tuned, nothing’s off the table, but nothing official…

What? I thought the question was stupid, but then they answer like that for some reason.
>>
>>5599760
>how do you rate the reveals

I'd be more surprised if we didn't fucking know they were all gonna happen.

Seriously, the only surprise this year was the confirmation of a domestic Groove release and Overlord for next year.

>what are you excited for?

Really just the Deluxe Headmasters, Fort Max and Groove, honestly. I prefer Machine Boy's Astrotrain and I'm getting Takara Computron instead of the Hasbro one. Don't care about Platinum sets or Voyager A-3.

Hopefully we'll get some new stuff at SDCC this year.
>>
If you're a Beast Wars fan, you basically got a massive fuck you from Hasbro. same thing for RiD fans, even though those two series saved the franchise, and have there anniversaries this year. More money for Takara releases and Japanese imports in general for me, I guess.I'm done dealing with Hasbro as long as these assholes are running the team.
>>
>>5599770
Fucking this. I don't care what alt-mode he has as long as his bot mode is g1-ish.
>>
>>5599768
Funpub owns the name Botcon. Funpub won't have the license to do Transformers conventions anymore.

This is the final Botcon. I'm sorry the American education system has failed you.
>>
File: DareYouEnter.jpg (33 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
DareYouEnter.jpg
33 KB, 208x250
>>5599785
>mfw Hasbro opens RoBotCon next year
>>
File: 1203469221_Goldner_Prime.jpg (134 KB, 762x503) Image search: [Google]
1203469221_Goldner_Prime.jpg
134 KB, 762x503
>>5599783
Beast Wars was a mistake.
>>
Hasbro Computron is a given. G1 toy accurate colors are totally killer, Takara drops the ball on this one with the bland cartoon deco, some times it is NOT better.
>>
>>5599785
We went through two years of "Official Transformers Collectors Convention" last time this happened. They'll get the name back eventually.
>>
>>5599788

I'd be fine with it.

either way I'm going to my first ever Transformers specific convention TFCon Toronto this summer.

Hope to get good shit, meet Frank Welker and have good times with people.
>>
>>5599783
RID didn't save the franchise, what are you talking about?
>>
>>5599783
Rid helped the franchise? Hell the cartoon was on a dying channel and the toys pegwarmed. How did that Hell?
>>
>>5599729
That HEAD ON! art makes the Titan Masters' connection points far more cool and complex than they actually are. Isn't it just using the titan master's own head as a peg for the body's neck socket?
>>
File: DOWANT.jpg (54 KB, 604x414) Image search: [Google]
DOWANT.jpg
54 KB, 604x414
>>5599794

Good luck Anon.
>>
>>5599780
>overlord next year

Pic? Size class?
>>
>>5599783
>More money for Takara releases and Japanese imports in general for me, I guess.I'm done dealing with Hasbro as long as these assholes are running the team.

you realize that both companies coordinate the brand, right?
>>
File: 1460216041121s.jpg (29 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1460216041121s.jpg
29 KB, 600x450
>>5599800
we can only hope
>>
>>5599798
Well yeah. But it's what the art is there for. In toy form its just putting a peg in a socket. In that "fiction" its a robot connecting to another robot to control.
>>
>>5599799

thank you sir.
>>
>>5599802
Computron and the various differences between the UW and CW equivalents show their differing markets have forced them to make different choices.
>>
No one ask about the Titan Class vote ? For shame, would like to know about the Scorponok and Omega Supreme.
>>
>>5599804
I know it's a triple changing voyager, but I'd kill for two voyagers who turn into an upper and lower body.
>>
why is Takara so gooood /tfg/?
>>
>>5599804
Why is everyone so sure that this is overlord?
>>
>>5599760
>lackluster exclusive toys
>halfwit ravage and tigatron
>not much surprises in the reveals
>allowing some scalper to hoard all the megatrons

Good to know that funpub sustained their shittiness until the last.
>>
>>5599810
Not happening, not for now at least
>>
Seeing how divided people are on best limbs people will be in a scramble to trade Computron limbs in a mini market kind of scenario.
>>
>>5599791
>sour grapeing this hard
>>
>>5599818

Appreciate that. Thanks.
>>
>>5599816
The outline of the jet with the two fins near the nosecone is distinctively from Overlord's jet form.
>>
How many waves are we getting this year? Last year was 5, but we've only gotten 1 wave this year, and no news of anything until TR starts.
>>
>>5599816
It could be that rumored Headmaster Tri-Changer Megatron.
>>
>>5599795
If anything RiD brought a lot of interest back and keep it around until Armada came and really hooked the kiddies back in.
>>
>>5599791
Takarafags are going to lose their damn minds at you.

I prefer the Takara molds but I can see why you'd prefer Hasbro. Other than Computron's chest I think I prefer the Hasbro Scattorshot's colors, and I like the longer antenna on the head.

Plus the feet are way better on the Hasbro version, though I like the Handfootguns as hands for posability. Plus Scrounge is a huge plus for Hasbro, and it'll probably be cheaper.

That said I think Takara lightspeed looks a lot better, and Nosecone looks fantastic (although I prefer the Hasbro headsculpt.) Nosecone, the better weapons, and the more cohesive color scheme seal the deal for me. I'll probably just pick up some KO Hands and Feet at some point for my combiners.
>>
>>5599823
But what about the rumored blitzwing/megatron?
>>
File: Overlord.jpg (312 KB, 1100x781) Image search: [Google]
Overlord.jpg
312 KB, 1100x781
>>5599816

Because the jet looks a Hell of a lot like Overlord's jet half.
>>
>>5599795
It certainly did post-9/11. But then I guess you probably don't remember those years since you were still in diapers and being potty trained.
>>
>>5599831
See? I was right.
>>5599821
>>
>>5599825
They might pull a Motormaster/Astrotrain stunt and release the retool first before releasing the lesser-known character that everyone wants
>>
>>5599795
>>5599796

According to Aaron Archer, Walmart was considering dropping the franchise after beast Machines. RiD brought back Autobots and decepticons and set the franchise on the trajectory it is now.
>>
>>5599832
It's not a triple changer according to the podcast guys and is more based on IDW megs
>>
>>5599795
>>5599796
Because of positive fan response to going back to traditional animation and G1-esque Autobots, it led to teaming up with Takara again and Armada which was the huge resurgence in Transformers.
>>
>>5599836
It's hardly losing one's mind. Hasbro vs Takara on this Computron itself is no contest. I'm getting both anyway because I'm grabbing Scrounge and the fists/feet, but I'm selling the rest of Hasbro's they didn't do a single thing right on their decos or mold choices.
>>
File: weeeeeeeee.jpg (331 KB, 1224x816) Image search: [Google]
weeeeeeeee.jpg
331 KB, 1224x816
>>
>>5599832
Would make sense as Blitzwing as a late apology for messing up the last one.

I'd rather have a new character though, like Overlord or what have you but the guys who got this leaked information have been right so far, if they say it's Bliztwing it's Blitzwing.
>>
>>5599848

I don't think that rumor was confirmed, was it? I mean, that pic really doesn't look much like a silhouette of Blitzwing.
>>
So are we getting fucking bodies for the Headmaster Jrs or are they getting fucked over along with the Horrorcons?

That shit with Apeface's vehicle resembling his body makes me think Hasbro ain't fucking going to do it. Meaning we will be at the mercy of whatever frankenstein bodies Takara can churn out using the Hasbro deluxe modes, with the added fuck you of not getting Siren in proper colors and ending up getting Minerva instead of Nightbeat......
>>
>>5599848
I'd be okay with a triple changer Overlord as long as he's got the shield arm, because fuck me do we need a new Blitzwing.
>>
>>5599848
Leak guy said Megatron was a pretool for what he assumed to be Blitzwing, he never said he saw the Blitzwing figure. He saw a tank and a jet and jumped to the conclusion.
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 600x800
>>5599768
We will see.
>>
>>5599854
Right that was never a confirmed rumor and more speculation by fans.
>>
>>5599824
CW actually technically had four waves last year. According to the previous convention panels, Bruticus is officially 2016 Wave One, and Sky Reign is Wave Two.

And yes, Sky Reign is the last regular wave before TR starts.
>>
>>5599855
to be fair we're getting Groove, so they might still pull the ol' switcheroo and release what Takara cobbles together later
>>
>>5599854
I thought that's what they said so I'm just going with it, but that was from a repost from here so maybe that particular info could be wrong?
>>
How much salt was there from Takaradrones when Groove was revealed to be released in the US?
>>
>>5599862
Ok, but wave 2 came around mid February/Late March for most places, so when are the TR waves starting?

We don't even have preorders anywhere.
>>
>>5599804
Remember that other decepticon that splited into a tank and a jet?
>>
>>5599855
Not really.

The fact that Cancer/Squeezeplay is geting packaged with Legends Shockwave makes me think they will simply package the heads with the Legends figures and not even try and make bodies for them
>>
>>5599810

Well, I did come here to post something similar:

>TFW2005: When you do fan polls, do you already have mock ups of the characters ready to go?

>Varies, sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. Depends on the mold. Example, Titan Class vote, really didn’t. With Windblade, started with nothing. Victorion, different. Had some design and foundation ready to go. Sometimes it’s a pure want to reach out to fans, other times there is an internal split and they need a deciding factor.

That last point is interesting. A lot ofpeople suspected that the polls were partially false and while that doesn't prove that right, it does show that aspects are preplanned and the fan vote aspect simply tells them which to go with.
>>
>>5599866
None? Because I always knew it was going to happen and had been calling it since before Deluxe Groove was even unveiled.
>>
My local TRU is overstocked on wave 6, I feel like they won't see TR til long after every other retailer gets their's.
>>
>>5599855
We'll have to wait and see. Maybe we'll get something, maybe we won't. They probably have 2 more waves for TR, so there may be hope yet.

And on Apeface... maybe they can heavily retool Galvatron?
>>
File: Nightviper.jpg (113 KB, 596x416) Image search: [Google]
Nightviper.jpg
113 KB, 596x416
>>5599845
To correct one point, they didn't team up with takara "Again", the takara partnership never ended. Even Beast Machines, which wasn't being released in Japan until years later, was done in cooperation with takara.
>>
>>5599869
I remember having that guy, but I don't see why they'd make him a =/>voyager when the old G1 toy was so small.

Would still like it though.
>>
>>5599878
Man I wish I hadn't lost the cobra hood pieces.
>>
>>5599871
Windblade clearly shows the opposite. It's the fact that she was designed from scratch with an aborted schedule the likely reason why the toy was so shit.

Victorion is more believable that poll was rigged.

But the fact that Trypticon hasn't shown up I think points to that being genuinely a poll.
>>
>>5599878
By teaming up with Takara they are talking about Takara taking more the lead in terms of the story and working with the studios (which gave us shit like UT). We know Takara has been involved in the design even during BW.
>>
>>5599883
> the toy was so shit

[citation needed]
>>
>>5599804
I want to hope, but I'm 99% certain this is Blitzwing.
>>
>>5599873
Seeing as how they also released voyager Grimlock, probably anything goes at this point if we pray hard enough.
>>
>>5599883
Victorion isn't really "rigged", but designs for female remold parts for of the combiner molds in the poll were probably drawn up before the poll was even set up.
>>
>>5599886
She is shit. RiD already looks better
>>
>>5599884
But that's wrong, too. Takara didn't take the lead in story. All the design philosophy behind the line and character designs were Hasbro. Hasbro got the idea for the Minicons after brainstorming ideas when they saw a Draxhall Jump drawing of two bots fighting and knocking armor off each other, and someone came up with the idea that the armor should be little robots.

Takara handled the anime production but seemingly let the studios handle it themselves with little input themselves, considering ideas Hasbro wanted(Hoist being a new character, Wheeljack being Hot shot's brother) weren't implemented.
>>
>>5599890
>remold heads
>give them eye lashes

We're progressive geniuses! Fans will love it! Now make sure it has that really gaudy ultra contrasting red-orange/teal deco that we were planning to screw them over with.
>>
>>5599883
>toy was so shit
I..I liked her toy, Anon. I bought the Takara version have have the Slipstream repaint.
>>
File: 60173295.jpg (46 KB, 498x323) Image search: [Google]
60173295.jpg
46 KB, 498x323
>>5599894
>RiD Windblade is better

Shit looks like Happy Meal tier shit. Just cause more of her parts are solid pieces doesn't mean the design doesn't look bad.
>>
>>5599899
Can't blame them for doing the smart thing
>>
>>5599894
>this guy is so but busted over some minor vehicle mode gaps and bad experience with shitty Hasbro QC on the feet/heels, he's willing to swallow literal shit to replace it
>>
Seeing Hasbro Strafe really makes me want to give the UW version a similar deco- add some orange accents or at least a red face.
>>
>>5599886
It was. It wasn't Blitzwing bad but it was pretty ass.
>>
>>5599910
>strafe doesn't have orange on him

>like, at all

>besides the guns
>>
>>5599909
Nigger I own the Takara version and it's still shit. The ENTIRE BACK HALF of the vehicle doesn't fit together.

What the fuck is with this Allspark-tier delusion around here?
>>
File: What.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>5599912
>have to hold the shoulder down when you turn the arm, otherwise it dislodges the shoulder
>this somehow makes the figure irredeemable shit

Yeah it never should've been like that in the first place, but it's not like he'll break easily or fall the fuck apart like figures with actual problems.
>>
>>5599912
The Windblade mold was fine. A gap in the vehicle mode doesn't ruin the toy. Qith proper QC, the toy can stand fine, even on heels. Stop being so butt devastated.
>>
>>5599915
In vehicle mode? Lemme get mine out and drunkenly transform it to prove you wrong.
>>
File: Kreon Fortress Maximus.png (136 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
Kreon Fortress Maximus.png
136 KB, 500x354
>>5599794
>TFCon Toronto this summer
Do you have Kreo
I will buy or trade with you for Kreo
Please respond
>>
Let it go, people will excuse anything for their waifus.
>>
>>5599915
sounds like you got a lemon desu
>>
>>5599924
I don't believe in waifus, I'm not a virgin.
>>
>>5599924
>Let it go
You did that on purpose.
>>
>>5599909
Mine won't let the hands reach far enough to grab onto those pegs on the underside of the jet mode, so the arms just droop under there. I'm 99% sure I'm transforming it right.
>>
>>5599919
>muh QC

It's a design flaw, you stupid kike. The heels are on hinges. Gravity makes the hinges collapse. No amount of QC is going to cancel out gravity.

And the fucking altmode is a joke. Half the fucking tail is missing and what little is there is held together by tiny pegs. The pegs that connect the wings to the tail, again, don't take gravity into account. The pegs fold over and DOWN into the legs, which are so heavy they fall right out of the wings.

And the ones that connect the nosecone are too small to actually peg in, so they just sort of hang in mid-air in their spots with friction.

It is a bad toy.

>>5599918
>just the shoulders
>implying the head being on a spring so retard strong it can rip the rubber nosecone isn't also a problem
>>
>>5599927
Thank you for mentioning that you're sexually active today.
>>
>>5599933
>the head being on a spring so retard strong it can rip the rubber nosecone

I've never heard of that happening.
>>
>>5599933
Seriously, Blitzwing's head is a far greater issue than his shoulders. I can the fix the shoulders easily enough, but the whole head from delivery mechanism to visual design is horrendous.
>>
>>5599931
You probably aren't transforming it right. Show pics.
>>
File: Windblade - Jet Fuselage.jpg (64 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Windblade - Jet Fuselage.jpg
64 KB, 480x640
>>5599921
>>5599919
>>5599925

>sounds like you got a lemon

Hmmm yeah maybe. I'm sure a little bit of that extra Takara QC would fix this. right? :^)
>>
>>5599934
Oh, I'm not sexually active, I'm just not a virgin :)
..............:(
>>
File: TheUsualSuspects.jpg (208 KB, 574x397) Image search: [Google]
TheUsualSuspects.jpg
208 KB, 574x397
>>5599934
>sexually active
>anyone here on /toy/

Yeah, maybe if you count wanking.
>>
>>5599938
>y....y......you're just not doing it right!

sure, yeah. no way it could be a shit toy. it must be MUH HAMHANDS MAYMAY
>>
>>5599941
Yes, the implication was that you are an insecure faggot who feels the need to tell people that
>>
>>5599915
>What the fuck is with this Allspark-tier delusion around here?

4chan likes being contrarians. So all the people doing Takara wins creates a backlash of fans who want to suck Hasbro's dicks at every turn. So we get shit like Windblade was a good mold.
>>
>>5599938
Haven't touched her in a while. I'll try it once more and if it still doesn't work I'll show.
>>
>>5599940
A gap in the vehicle mode. Boo hoo, big deal. That's not what you're complaining about.

Everything on mine has somewhere to plug into. Shoulders swing down low enough for the hands to grab the tailfin pegs. Tailfins have a peg that slot into the legs. Shoulder part of wings clip into nosecone. Everything pegs together. Nothing is loose.
>>
>arguing over opinions
Can we focus on something a bit more petty?
>>
>>5599946
>im-fucking-plying

takara is just as responsible for windblade as hasbro is, kiddo
>>
>>5599949
>a fucking hole in the vehicle mold is no big deal

do you have brain problems?
>>
>>5599950
I don't like blacks
>>
>>5599950
we are all grown men collecting transforming robot toys, you have to expect a certain amount of autism
>>
>>5599955
To extrapolate, what's with the hard on for black repaints?

Especially from those dirty gook nips.
>>
>>5599953
Not Takara's fault that Hasbro was being a cheap skinflint that wanted to save their pennies like Scrooge McDuck and had them make a lemon.
>>
I know nothing from TR is out yet, but do we know if Hardheads cannon is removable? Slightly related to that, are any transformers that turn into fists currently available?
>>
>>5599950
Hands and face parts should be molded in the same color plastic
>>
>>5599944
He probably isn't. Those shoulder joints can be easily off in transformation. Its okay though. Over react.
>>
>>5599949
>those nosecone pegs sticking out unattached
>while you hold it by the only solid part of the whole toy
thanks for proving me right.

>A gap in the vehicle mode

It wouldn't be as much of an issue if the legs, you know, actually pegged together. Instead you've got the wings pegging into the nose and tail, and the two tail fins pegging together, but nothing in the middle.

Plus the thighs are on swivels so if ANYTHING moves, they'll squeeze the wing pegs out of the tail and the whole thing comes tumbling down.

What a piece of trash.
>>
>>5599933
>It's a design flaw, you stupid kike. The heels are on hinges. Gravity makes the hinges collapse. No amount of QC is going to cancel out gravity.

>guns much bigger than she is, no collapsing, all weight applied on heels instead of front feet

okay

>>5599954
>a fucking hole in the vehicle mold is no big deal

It's not if you're not autistic.
>>
File: but why.jpg (14 KB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
but why.jpg
14 KB, 200x179
>>5599955
>>
>>5599959
>transformers that turn into fists
Is there any other besides the arm micron Bulkhead? RiD Megatron?
>>
>>5599964
>>those nosecone pegs sticking out unattached

They're completely pegging in, what are you going on about? Tell me where to hold it front and I'll do it again.

>your other complaints

Illegitimate. Like your father's lineage to you.
>>
File: fag hand.jpg (259 KB, 1136x860) Image search: [Google]
fag hand.jpg
259 KB, 1136x860
>>5599949
>>
>>5599970
>Illegitimate. Like your father's lineage to you.

woah.............................................so twisted.............
>>
>>5599976
They're plugged in. What are you doing?
>>
>>5599976
>fag hand

kek
>>
>>5599982
>They're plugged in

can you not see the fucking gap, retard?

>gaps aren't a problem!
ok, now I think I see the problem. You're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>5599976
>posting a pic with your family photos
kekekek

>MLP in backroung at top right
kill yourself
>>
File: 1450948810408.gif (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450948810408.gif
210 KB, 500x500
>>5599918
Any TF that you can't reasonably play with fails as a toy. Blitzwing was utter garbage, and this is coming from someone who desperately wanted to love it.

And before you say shit, having to hold the arm in place while you mess with its joints is nowhere near reasonable in play.

I'm still mad over it, anon. I'll never stop being mad over it. At least not until a proper deluxe/voyager Blitzwing is made.
>>
>>5599976
They're completely pegged in, mongolico.

Example: not plugged in.
>>
>>5599949
>>5599976
>>5599994
>ponyfag
Why am I not surprised
>>
>>5599998
Plugged in
>>
File: highbrow.jpg (82 KB, 1200x826) Image search: [Google]
highbrow.jpg
82 KB, 1200x826
>>5599954
>waaa planes don't have holes in them
>>
>>5600001
>>5599994
I guess autism gives people supervision because I can't see a damn thing.
>>
>>5599998
Fully plugged in to the slots they're designed to go into.

>>5599976
>>5600001

Actually invitations from my nieces birthday parties. I don't tolerate that ponyfag shit. As >>5599976, family stuff.
>>
>>5599997
This. I don't care how much extra work you can to put into it, if it isn't a good toy out of the box or can't be played with without being extra careful, it's a failure as a toy.

Also
>two posts two soon
>>
File: Comparitron.jpg (930 KB, 2904x4264) Image search: [Google]
Comparitron.jpg
930 KB, 2904x4264
worth reposting
>>
File: LQ2Pr.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LQ2Pr.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
>>5600009
>the creepy uncle
Please continue
>>
>>5600025
I want that Scrounge.

Other than that, I prefer the Takara version.
>>
>>5599988
The front has no gaps. Again what are you doing?
>>
>>5600025
Hasbro wins because it's not using the awful Breakdown/Wheeljack mold.
>>
>>5599783
>RiD fans

it was all of one year and all half of the line were repaints, from g1, g2 and beast wars.
RiD did not save the franchise, it bought the franchise time when Transtech was canceled before Aramda.

Beast Wars saved the franchise for sure, which is why beast wars toys carried over into Aramda, and still even get used today, like in Age of Extinction.

You'd think with the movies, cartoons, recuse bot stuff, botshots, kreo, there would be room for beast wars as a spin off. Marvel has Avengers, spider-man, guardians, and so on. Nintendo has multiple franchises. I just dont know wtf hasbros deal is. They just seem to hate beastformers.
>>
File: wb arms.jpg (377 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
wb arms.jpg
377 KB, 1200x1600
>>5599938
All right, here she is. Tailfin tabs together, side fins tab on, inner wing contours follow thigh contours, front tabs tab into the nosecone. Nosecone stays locked in. Everything works except for the hands being a couple mm too far to grip the tabs. Is it something in the way I've transformed the arms?
>>
>>5600025
Hope the boob treads on UW Nosecone can rotate to the back, hate how the look "hanging", I already preordered the UW, but Hasbros Strafe looks great in altmode, like the ships from old 8 bit shootem' ups, also like muh orange on Afterburner.
>>
>>5600051
Okay yeah you aren't doing it right. Look at the shoulders. They need to be folded down like this >>5599949 on the top right one.
>>
Windblade is a bad toy and character IMO.
>>
File: 1460260852755.jpg (460 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1460260852755.jpg
460 KB, 1200x1600
The circled red parts need to be folded down into the circled yellow parts.
>>
>>5600025
the only one where I can fathom someone liking the hasbro one more is Afterburner. The rest lean heavily in takara's favor. jesus fuck
>>
>>5600057
>opinion
You mean objective truth right
>>
>>5600061
I hate Strafe or Nosecone as limbs, and that's what they're going to be displayed as 90% of the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (392 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392 KB, 2048x1356
>>5599906
The solid red certainly isn't doing her any favors, but I think she should be given a chance, considering the overall quality of the RID Warrior class.

Also she's getting a better deco anyway.
>>
>>5600056
Okay, I see what you mean. I'd done that before but it moved the whole wing section down too far for anything to tab in. I can see how it works now but it'll take a little finagling as the tabs aren't holding in quite as well with the shoulder down. I guess I'll figure out if it's worth it.
>>
>>5600066
Who does this deco remind me of? I feel like it's right there...
>>
Fuck me, I can't figure out how to make a webm of me shaking the shit out of Windblade and nothing coming unpegged.
>>
>>5600075
Its supposed to be Fort Max deco.
>>
>>5600075
Nightbird?
>>
>>5600066
>considering the overall quality of the RID Warrior class

Which is complete garbo?
>>
>>5600066
I wouldn't say lots of boring gray is a better deco
>>
>>5600075
Legs remind me of BH Smokescreen.
>>
>Windblade is shit!
>doesn't hold together!
>fall apart vehicle mode!
>just like my life!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=20810427306130467654&t=2081042730613046765473249
>>
Reminds me, anyone else have that Monster High robot doll? It's got a lot of neat detailing.
>>
>>5600112
>can't google webm converter
Fall apart computer skills.
>>
>>5600118
Like I said earlier, I'm drunk. I've googled it but can't find any easy mode shit for conversion. I'm still trying and it's not under the 3mb limit.
>>
>>5600066
Pros
>thigh swivel
>looks like a waist swivel
>better face
Cons
>no bicep swivel
>hinge elbows
>dildo sword

She looks pretty meh.
>>
>>5600126
Sure looks like it has bicep swivel. There's that link in her bicep and you can see the place where the mushroom peg fits.
>>
>>5600126
>hinge elbows
The majority of deluxes have that and have had that for a long time.
>>
>>5600122
you must be drunk to like such a shit mold, faghands
>>
>>5600126
It has bicep swivels and hinge elbows are superior to balljointed elbows.
>>
>>5600126
>better face

you mean "butterface," I hope
>>
>>5600127
>>5600127
Nothing wrong with being gay. But liking pony shit, definitely embarrassing.

>>5600134
Sorry you only buy domestic low quality Hasbro shit, bro. Maybe one day you'll see good toys in your hands.

>>5600139
If you cum to anything resembling a guy, there's no line drawn.
>>
>>5600129
Trannies don't count
>>
>>5600143
>muh takara

you fucking retard
>>
>>5600143
>Maybe one day you'll see good toys in your hands.

because windblade sure isn't one of them
>>
File: And-Its-Gone..jpg (535 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
And-Its-Gone..jpg
535 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>5600126
Actually it looks like she does indeed have bicep swivels. The only thing really missing is some wrist articulation so she can do some posing with that sword.
>>
File: tinybots.jpg (81 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tinybots.jpg
81 KB, 640x640
>>5599847
>>
>>5600152
Only if you're poor.
>>
File: 20160410_013957.jpg (725 KB, 1222x1629) Image search: [Google]
20160410_013957.jpg
725 KB, 1222x1629
custom (prototype)
>>
yo rec me some top-tier insecticons
>>
>>5600159
Fansproject. Hasbro ones are too tiny, unless you want baby sized Insecticons, Insecticons
>>
File: 20160408_181619.jpg (420 KB, 1186x1285) Image search: [Google]
20160408_181619.jpg
420 KB, 1186x1285
Complete:10%
>>
>>5600161
legends-size is actually preferred
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 600x600
>>5600153
Oh well. It was cool while it lasted.
>>
>>5600164
The Insecticons are not as small as Rumble and Frenzy, who are Legends size. Either way, you're fucked. There isn't a full Legends size set of Insecticons. Give up your misguided dream.
>>
>>5600170
okay how about just bug altmodes in general

i'm not picky here
>>
>>5600172
Honestly even if there's not a full set of insecticons at legends scale I'd say go for Shrapnel and Bombshell anyway. They're both pretty damn good, and Shrapnel comes with a tiny targetmaster of Reflector. If you really want a third guy, they released a Chop Shop, and Kickback is somewhere down the pipeline I'd figure.
>>
File: DSCN0488.jpg (155 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0488.jpg
155 KB, 1152x864
>>5600172
Aside from the Fansproject Insecticons, there's no cohesive set of Insecticons. Hasbro has two Legends and one Deluxe.

They retooled Bombsheel into one of the Deluxe Insections, which throws off the whole scaling between the "black/purple Insecticons" and the "Deluxe" Insecticons so we can't count on Hasbro do to it right.
>>
Looking at the current releases for Legends figures, it doesn't seem like we'll get as many cassettes as I hoped.

I'm assuming it's 4 waves if they want to start Earth Wars by Summer 2017, so they only have 6 slots left, and of those some might already be filled by Eject, Blue Rumble, and Steeljaw.

So the question is; what will those use for the last 3 slots?
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 600x600
>>5600172
For Legends-sized bugs you've got:
>Hunt for the Decepticons Insecticon
>Prime Cyberverse Commander Hardshell
>Generations Legends Skrapnel (not pictured) and redeco CW Chop Shop
>Combiner Wars Legends Bombshell

Plus the Waspinator and Chop Shop targetmasters that come with Legends Starscream and Megatron respectively.
>>
>>5599957
Looks cool. Also black=evil doppleganger of the character
>>
>>5600190
>black+cyan/green=god tier
>black+red/pink=shit tier

Why is this?
>>
ITT men in there late thirties ham hand plastic robots then complain about things falling off.
>>
>>5600183
The BIG MCLARGEHUGE look isn't sitting right with me on these guys.
>>
Why do people insist on Legends figures for small guys? Hasbro has already established Legends as the class for the absolute smallest guys i.e. cassette guys. Minibots, Insecticons and the like aren't that small.

>>5600197
What BIG MCLARGEHUGE look? They're not bigger than Classics Bumblebee, so they're still smaller than almost all Deluxes.
>>
>>5600186
Do we know if we're getting 4 Legends per wave?
>>
Victory Leo repaint when?
>>
>>5600189
good start, thanks bb
>>
>>5600199
They're thick as fuck.
>>
>>5600200
>dem glutes

Maybe A3 should have skipped a few squats days.
>>
>>5600155
>>5600161

Come the fuck on. Take it to your own thread, Turdmuncher.

Third Party Robots aren't Transformers.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 984x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 984x438
>>5600183
>>5600170
The now-reliable leakers have stated that Legends Kickback is coming in Titans Return.

We can bet on him and Bombshell being redecoed into Ransack and Barrage later on, to get 3/4 of the Deluxe Insecticons.
>>
>>5600199
They apparently released everything for the deluxe, and tm waves, so I guess it's 3 per wave.
>>
>>5600196
>men in there late thirties
Now I'm curious.
http://strawpoll.me/7331659
>>
>>5600157
>implying takara windblade fills the holes and makes it a good design

???
>>
>>5600186
Ratbat, Ramhorn, and Sundor?
>>
>>5600198
>What BIG MCLARGEHUGE look?
Anons means the chunky beefy proportions, not the size.
>>
>>5600196
Because the only way for a shit toy like Windblade not to hold together is the Hamhands Maymay, right Allspark Tranny?
>>
>>5600213
I desperately want a Titan Wars Kickback. A Kickback that little guys can ride? It's fucking amazing.
>>
>>5600217
<implying the holes bother you if you're not autistic
>>
>>5600224
Legends are fun toys. G1 Insecticons were tiny. Legends Insecticons is the best idea.
>>
Minibots and Insecticons are not the same size as cassettebots and Headmasters, get over it.
>>
>>5600225
><
>>
File: hgh.jpg (431 KB, 988x1148) Image search: [Google]
hgh.jpg
431 KB, 988x1148
>>5600229

>>5600228
G1 Insecticons were tiny. So were a lot of other G1 toys, The sizes have increased since then. G1 tinytoys are not exempt from this, otherwise all the Deluxe cars would be Legends.
>>
>>5600228
Legends ARE fun toys. I prefer them to be guys that are actually tiny, though. I don't need full size guys shrank down to pocket size to fill autismo pocket toy quotas though.
>>
Is everyone drunk tonight or are we just dumber than usual?
>>
>>5600236
Just me, probably.
>>
File: drek2.jpg (191 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
drek2.jpg
191 KB, 1024x768
>>5600189
There's also Bombshock, the Target exclusve redeco of Hardshell that came with cyberverse Shockwave, and that purple waspinator targetmaster recolour that came with Acidstorm(Venom?)

And for those that liked the FansProject Insecticons, they got redeco'd into the Deluxe insecticon colour schemes as well...
>>
>>5600238
I think most people would prefer not to do obvious line mixing and matching.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 800x600
>>5600235
I think of most Legends figures as a separate scale from Deluxe and up. So I like having a small Starscream and Shockwave to play with Legions and Mini-Cons.

The smaller characters like the Insecticons and Wheelie just mean I get some variety in my small collection.

>>5600238
How does his Shockwave's deco look?
>>
File: Sweatin.gif (2 MB, 1920x1076) Image search: [Google]
Sweatin.gif
2 MB, 1920x1076
>>5600200

Jesus Christ Alpha Trion looks like he could bench press Megatron to death. Motherfucker is on roboroids or something. I had no idea he was Master Roshi in disguise.
>>
That one female from the straw poll

Topkekatronus
>>
>>5600246
He's more flat purple and his chest and gun tip are pink instead of silver.
>>
>>5600251
there were several last i looked
>>
>>5600246
Repeat characters in another scale is such a waste. There's plenty of other guys that appropriately fit into Legends class and still go with other toys.

We do not need bite sized Starscreams and Optimus Prime. Save those for the main kiddie lines with appropriately themed simplistic everything. Legends Scale for Classics for anyone that isn't actually tiny is a total waste of a character slot. Only Legends scale guys coming up worth getting are Wheelie and Rewind.
>>
>>5600258

yeah, no. They're fine as they are.
>>
>>5599923
I have a bunch of Kreons in a tub I'll sell
>>
>>5600258

I like Legends sized figures Anon. They take up little space, and they scale well with supposedly HUEG 'bots like combiners. Plus they're easier to just take off the shelf and mess with.
>>
>>5600258
I think those bitesized versions of characters that are usually bigger are because of metroplex and it's just carried on.
>>
Whatever happened with those cheap simplified Voyager-sized TFs, the 'in between' line? I don't recall hearing much about them after the initial talk. I was going to get the Starscream and make a custom.
>>
>>5600262
I regret posting that gif last thread so you could use it for this.
>>
File: image.jpg (430 KB, 2048x971) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430 KB, 2048x971
>>5600258
I love Classics Cyberverse, though. I wish they'd bring the Legion class back into Generations so we can have more miniaturized folks.
>>
>>5600269
that just that one underage/b/ poster, ignore it
>>
>>5600025
I like Hasbro's combined mode better. Bigger and meaner with hands & feet. The drill pointing up looks much better, and I like the bigger Superions antennae than the accurate head. Afterburner is better and the effort for Strafe and Nosecone are acceptable. Lightspeeds a better mold over Wheeljack, but not as accurate. The combined chest colors are much nicer. The blue adds so much. Also Scrounge.

Takara has much better individual modes. But an ugly combined mode. Strafe looks fucking sick, I love the Blast Off mold. Nosecone looks cool, but I don't give a fuck about a tank drill.

My opinion doesn't matter desu because I won't buy either. Combiner wars and Titan Wars are effectively getting me out of Transformers. It's a great time to get into Transformers, but if you already had a bunch of the Generations of most figures, this new shit just looks small and ugly. But it'd be incredible if it's all I had. But it's not.
>>
>>5600236
Faghands is drunk
>>
File: tf_Buzzsaw-BMtoy.jpg (66 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
tf_Buzzsaw-BMtoy.jpg
66 KB, 800x452
>>5600172
theres also BW Waspinator and TM Waspinator, and this little guy, BM Buzzsaw
>>
>>5600264
The upscaled Legends figures (plus nee Megatron)? I haven't seen anything nee come out of that, and I've actually only recently seen one IRL. No one knows if anything's gonna happen with those; no new ones were seen at Botcon or Toy Fair as far as I can tell.
>>
>>5600274
Transfags are such fucking size queens
>>
>>5600273
Those aren't Insecticons, in the sense of "G1" Insectioncs which is probably what he meant. Otherwise, I have a folder with hundreds of entires of dinosaur Transformers that could fall under "Dinobots" labeling.

>>5600274
Afterburner is better

In no universe.
>The blue adds so much

Something Takara's Afterburner does. So...

Nobody should count Scrounge as for or against in a straight up Computron comparison. It's awesome that he's happening, but he's not a Technobot so he shouldn't be counted as a pro for US Computron in the sense that it makes him a better Computron, which everyone seems to be doing.
>>
>>5599871
taking hasbro's word at face value tends to be setting oneself up for irritation.
>>
>>5600264
They're out but it doesn't seem like they're being released in the US.
>>
>>5600284
>nobody should count the component of a toy as part of a toy because it doesn't fit my narrative

ok, takaradrone
>>
>>5600278
Yeah, those. Line is Cyber Battalion or Cyber Commander? I've never seen any in stores. Tons of pictures but no talk, huh.
>>
File: 4chan.png (149 KB, 486x1398) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
149 KB, 486x1398
>>5600269

No harm in a bit of filename fun, Anon.

>>5600270

I wish I was collecting when Takara released the repaint of that Megs. I dunno why the Hasbro deco is that weird, pinkish whitish greyish color.
>>
File: Shockwave pic.jpg (170 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Shockwave pic.jpg
170 KB, 1000x1000
>>5600246
Had to google a pic don't actually have him (I bought Bombshock loose to go with my Insecticon army).

From what I remember, he's a darker purple than the standard Cyberverse with those hot pink Pepto Bysmol highlights.
>>
>>5600262
>not Overlord
>>
>>5600277
Plus TFA Waspinator
>>
>>5600284
>Those aren't Insecticons, in the sense of "G1"
Anon said he didn't care about which Insecticons they are though, as long as they turned into creepy crawlies: >>5600172
>>
File: ASleepyPileOfMurderholics.jpg (126 KB, 650x422) Image search: [Google]
ASleepyPileOfMurderholics.jpg
126 KB, 650x422
>>5600293

He would make a good Overlord. Or Ron Pearlman as well.

Too bad theres like no chance Overlord is going to show up in anything but IDW comics.
>>
>>5600296
Insecticons are a very specific set of "creepy crawlies" so he should have specified beyong "G1 guys with bug modes."
>>
>>5600292
That looks nice. The darker purple might go well with CW Shocky.
>>
>>5600299
Well he did widen the range of possibility with the "bug alt modes in general" post. And he seems to have appreciated the decidedly non-G1 suggestions here: >>5600189
>>
File: CSgWrUeUkAA_PsY.jpg (82 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
CSgWrUeUkAA_PsY.jpg
82 KB, 600x540
>>5600200
>>
>>5599935
even those dumb cunts on tfw complained about it.

>>5599966
how much floor polish did that take?

>>5600004
>yanking the goalposts around

>>5600225
>only autistic people take issue with jet planes with huge random gaps!
nigger what

>>5600211
>turd this turd that
what is this, 2013?
>transformers is only items made by hasbro/takara
hasbro's army of shitty licensed stuff is laughing at you.
>>
>>5600331
>Absolutely zero floor polish, son.
>>
>>5600342
Who are you quoting
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.