[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toys to Life General - /ttl/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: 1453423811545.jpg (914 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
1453423811545.jpg
914 KB, 800x999
Come here to talk about all your favorite Toys to Life stuff; Skylanders, Amiibo, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions and whatever third party stuff from companies jumping on the money train.

Please remember to take actual game discussion to >>>/v/ where you'll likely get trolled and not find anything of interest. Please take your trolling to >>>/b/ where I'm sure no one will care about your shit opinion.

>Pastebinned Info
http://pastebin.com/KEq5q6gM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Releases Calendar:

Skylanders:
> Fire Sales fucking everywhere. If you're interested in getting some characters or padding your collection, consider shopping around, especially on amazon who has most of the figures for half off or more!

Amiibo:
>Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin Amiibos confirmed.
>Kirby Series announced [Kirby: Planet Robobot] (Kirby, Waddle Dee, King DeDeDe and Meta Knight), coming June 10th

Dimensions:
>Wave 5 Coming May 10th
[Fun Pack] Slimer (Slime Shooter)
[Fun Pack] Llyod (Llyod's Golden Dragon)
[Fun Pack] Bane (Big Drill For You)

Infinity:
>Light FX Kylo Ren out now!
>Dory (Finding Dory) coming soon, maybe more?
>Alice, Mad Hatter and Time Infinity figures leaked from game, coming soon probably
>Battlegrounds soon maybe
>No PC version update ever
>>
I have this feeling that characters from Moana and Rogue One are going to show up in Infinity by the end of this year
>>
>>5598143
that sound really possible.
>>
File: 1459600003090.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1459600003090.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>5598017
BAYONETTA AND CLOUD AMIIBO WHEN???
>>
File: grr.gif (621 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
grr.gif
621 KB, 440x247
>No PC version update ever

I'm pretty sure they're just going to readjust to make up for the unbelievably massive backlash they got from Steam when people misunderstood what about it was free.

Like, holy fuck did people get mad the second they learned it didn't have a lot of content until you paid money.
>>
>>5598017
Reminder: today is the last day for 75 percent off lego movie and chima character packs at target.
>>
>>5598017
Dory was confirned for playset.

Ptobably with Marlin, Nemo, and two new guys .

With Battlegrounds and Dory, we're halfway through the promised sets for 2016. We still have Disney Animation and Star Wars sets.

Stat Wars MIGHT be Rogue One, but I've heard rumors of a SW version of Battlegrounds.
>>
got a few figures on sale today, here are the codes for you guys. enjoy!

Drax: 7Y6D-8LKX-W49Q

Maleficent: LWLM-LTZF-PCCW

Nick Fury: HRXN-7LSF-T533
>>
>>5599355
got drax, thanks!
>>
>>5598890
Wish they'd have at least bothered to implement the Zootopia characters in the PC version.

>>5599355
Took Nick.
>>
>waaah pc version
enjoy your mustard race
>>
>>5599355
grabbed maleficent, thanks
>>
>>5598890

They had every right to. It's not like Infinity is a small download. It's a big ass file and then requires you to make another account on top of it. The Hub world is more of a glorified tutorial and doesn't offer anything worth a damn, and the trial versions of all the playsets aren't long enough. And that's not including all the problems it had at the start, and still has

They should have never labeled it free to play.
>>
File: ???.jpg (270 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
???.jpg
270 KB, 1280x720
I don't know if this code is worth anything or means anything to y'all, but I found it in the parking lot at work earlier.
>>
File: Nice prices.jpg (55 KB, 642x288) Image search: [Google]
Nice prices.jpg
55 KB, 642x288
>>5598890
To be fair, the game only has the Hub and Toy Box open to you with demos and the Daily Challenge being it. The Hub is a tutorial area that takes forever and a day to finish while being boring, the Toy Box has restrictions to certain characters on levels and nearly every single level is absolute garbage, and the Daily Challenge is just that.

The prices are absurd too when it comes to what these people expect. $20 level packs which last around 6-15 hours at most depending on completion rate? Another $15 to play as maybe three more characters while you don't even get any sort of figure? This doesn't take into account Power/Cosmetic Disks which cost like $30+ for a single set, the 1.0 and 2.0 characters which are something like $70-90 each set from what I remember, and you can't play past content unless you download an older client.

Not to mention it's very limited in what you can actually do as a free player, DI1 was actually much better for the F2P crowd since you could F2P it and if you logged in daily you would earn characters and play sets after several weeks. In DI2 and 3 there's literally nothing to do outside of the heavily limited Toy Box, garbage community Toy Boxes, and whatever five minute demos they have available.
>>
>>5598902
Disney playset is likely Moana. I feel like they super fucked up by not banking more on Zootopia. I am glad that Doctor Strange is all but guaranteed as a figure since he has his movie coming out.
>>
>>5600374
Used the code. Thanx m8
>>
File: 1441077812519.png (1 MB, 1728x2445) Image search: [Google]
1441077812519.png
1 MB, 1728x2445
Does anyone have an updated version of this?
>>
>>5598017
I like the new thread image, although the logo looks weird this time.
>>
To all nine people who bought the Apple TV version.

If you go to the tech support section of the website and complain, they'll give you a free download code for the modern console of your choice. No word on if it works for PC users.
>>
>>5600484
It probably is Moana, but the fact that they specified "Disney Animation" but not "Disney Feature Animation" makes me wonder.

I doubt they'll do Gravity Falls so late in the game, but then, Disney seems to ve going out of their way to keep the franchise relevant (post finale special, teases that we'll see Bill again "sooner than we think", etc.)
Probably nothing more than toybox figures, though.
>>
Baloo is at Toys R Us for $7.50.
>>
>>5600484
The reason why there isn't a whole lot of Zootopia stuff in Disney Infinity is mostly because Disney was fully expecting the film to be such a huge hit. Same kind of deal happened with all the Frozen stuff in Infinity 1,0
>>
>>5600484
What more could they do for Zootopia? A playset wouldn't work, not enough bankable characters.

No one wants figures of Bogo, Clawhauser, and Bellweather.
>>
File: infinity problem.jpg (36 KB, 811x553) Image search: [Google]
infinity problem.jpg
36 KB, 811x553
Guys, I have an Infinity Toy Box question.

I need to make a row of blocks go up and down together, but I don't know how to get them to move synchronously.

Do I need one path creator, or one for each block? How do I get the row to act as one unit?

Yes, I made a picture.
>>
>>5600721
And Star Wars figs are b1g1 free.
>>
File: 1420237166637.gif (299 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
1420237166637.gif
299 KB, 448x256
>no RotJ Luke
Is there hope after a Captain America refig?
>>
>>5601122
There is, taking into account that we will possibly get a Rey figure with moves using her lightsaber
>>
File: CheckList.png (939 KB, 1728x2445) Image search: [Google]
CheckList.png
939 KB, 1728x2445
>>5600554

I should get around to updating it and removing the jokes
>>
>>5600734
>Bellweather

Speak for yourself
>>
>>5601098
Scratch this, the website lied.
>>
>>5601044

You only need one path creator. Attach them all to the same path, and then just offset each block horizontally (or vertically. I don't know your exact needs).

Block 1 would be offset by 0
Block 2 would be offset by 1
Block 3 would be offset by 2
Block 4 would be offset by 3
>>
File: the hamm.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
the hamm.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>5601568
haha. Thanks man.

I love the jokes though.
>>
File: Man of Pain.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Man of Pain.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>5601589
I do this, but the blocks move up and down at their own pace. I don't know how to get them to rise and fall as a unified row.
>>
File: i should stop.jpg (461 KB, 1728x2445) Image search: [Google]
i should stop.jpg
461 KB, 1728x2445
Advice about the undecided ones?

>Quorra
Didn't like the Tron movies. Figure looks cute and her skills look fancy enough tho.
>Buzz and Jessie
Love the movies but most of my 1.0 figs were a letdown so far. Paint problems, skills pretty barebones.
>Hulkbuster
I'm not really interested in the figure, I also have Iron man but it is so big... [spoiler]btw not gay.[/spoiler]
>Rocket Racoon
Seems funny as fuck.
>Maul / Vader
I just want an SW villain and since there is no Emperor and Kylo is a joke it should be either one of them. I'm thinking giving up on my "no FX" policy and have an FX Vader.
>Han Solo
Because Harrison Ford.
>>
>>5602582
Quorra is great, she plays like a Jedi, and her skills look really nice.
Buzz and Jessie play exactly like Woodie, Toy Story figures still manage to be the biggest disappointment about Infinity. Buzz cannot fly.
Hulkbuster is sheer awesomeness for the fact that it has so many abilities, it's great to play as and the figure looks great.
Rocket looks good, but is one of my least favourite figures to play as, his skills are very meh.
Maul plays swiftly and flies the figure looks menacing, Vader plays a bit heavier, but jesus man it's Vader, just fucking get it.
Han Solo is Harrison Ford, go get him.

TLDR: I recommend Quorra, Hulkbuster, Maul/Vader and Solo, but can't recommend Rocket, Buzz and Jessie.
>>
>>5598902
I really want the Disney Animation to be anything else but Samoan Pocahontas.
>>
>>5602023
what if you put 4 blocks on a platform?
>>
>>5602595
Thanks, you really helped.
>>
>>5602595
>>Toy Story figures still manage to be the biggest disappointment about Infinity.
>Buy Woody since he was like $5.60 and I always wanted something related to him
>Literally only uses the Pixar Ball an not any sort of whip or lasso.
>Go try out Buzz in DI1
>Same thing, doesn't even get the laser which is a global weapon for some reason.
>Try out Jessie
>Same thing.with the Pixar Ball.
I was so mad. So very very mad. The Zurg Power Disk is by far the best thing related to Toy Story in DI.
>>
>>5602023

I'll see if I can make a webm for you sometime soon.
>>
File: justiceleague.jpg (97 KB, 1508x312) Image search: [Google]
justiceleague.jpg
97 KB, 1508x312
Anybody wish there was a Toys to Life for DC and Warner Stuff?

And I don't mean tacking on top of Lego Dimensions
>>
>>5602651
Yes. I have TONS of Disney, 2 Marvel and a couple of SW figures. A justice league would be awesome because I just didn't like Marvel that much.
>>
File: checklist.png (1 MB, 1728x2445) Image search: [Google]
checklist.png
1 MB, 1728x2445
I have way too many of these things, but figure I may as well get the 7 remaining ones and get the keyblade.
>>
>>5602651
Jakk's Pacific made an extraordinarily low-rent toys to life game
>>
>>5602651
I had a fairly detailed plan for a Cartoon Network Toys 2 Life game a while ago. That'd be fun.
>>
>>5603301
>Anything DC related and not Teen Titans
>Cartoon Network
kekaroonie famalam
>>
>>5600601
Cool. I made that. I know about the logo. At the time I had no idea the official one was actually the official one when I made that. To make matters worse, I forgot to incorporate skylanders.

I was suppose to fix it a while back but life got crazy so I never got around to it :
>>
>>5603301
tell us about it. i have some of my own
>>
>>5603834

What was wrong with the old logo? It was fine before
>>
So I'm seeing that some of you in the T2L generals giveway codes for the PC version? Is that for the characters because PC doesn't have a game portal?

I'm just now finding out it's free on PC and I think my soon-to-be 6 year old would enjoy the Toy Box, but I'd really only want her to have access to classic Disney Characters- ie Mickey and his Gang, 90s Disney Characters, Princesses, Classic Disney, etc.

A handful of throwaway codes would be nice, but I'd be willing to pay reasonably for the use of the characters as well.
>>
>>5605787
The portals only work on the console versions, there's no driver or support for it on the PC version since they want you to buy the codes for them. It really sucks since you can't use power disks outside of the ones that change costumes and the Zurg one is invaluable on the console versions due to the damage upgrade it gives constantly.

You can check eBay for codes if you want, they're like $2-$5 in comparison to the absurd $79 or something Disney is charging on their store. Keep in mind that the newest wave of characters(Baloo, Ant Man, Black Panther, Vision, and I think there was one more) are not playable on PC, but everything prior to this newest wave is.

If you plan on getting the 1.0 or 2.0 play sets make sure you download those versions as well(They're free), they're not retroactive in letting you play play sets on the newest version.
>>
>>5605802
>not retroactive

wow, good to know, thanks!
>>
>>5605835
You still retain ownership, and any figures you own work on all versions, it's just the play sets that require different versions to play.

Here's both links since the official site doesn't list them publicly. They're both just a URL rename off the Disney site, if you want some proof just go download the 3.0 installer and just change the 3s in the URL to 2 or remove them.
https://cdninfinity-a.akamaihd.net/infinitycdn/builds/win32/latest/DisneyInfinityInstaller.exe
https://cdninfinity-a.akamaihd.net/infinity2cdn/builds/win32/latest/DisneyInfinity2Installer.exe
>>
>>5602595
>>5602582
The big issue with Rocket Raccoon in-game is that he's a gimpy Stitch. He trades away super strength, wall climbing, one of the better super jumps, some running speed, infinite ammo, rapid fire, the multipurpose roll move, and actual melee combos for...the fucking Disney Infinity 1.0 shoulder tackle and some grenades. And he can ride Groot and is able to be used in a fair number of Playsets I guess.

In any case, not like you need to be a combat god to be fun to play as or an interesting-looking plastic representation of a character you like.
>>
>>5605787
I'm not sure how much you're willing to pay, or if you or your kid is interested, but TTL figures are on fire sale pretty much everywhere. So for about $5-$8 you can get the figure too.
>>
File: wtf.png (411 KB, 612x582) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
411 KB, 612x582
Did anybody else get this email? I know Nick and Judy are available digitally, but I thought that Baloo was a character that came after DI dropped non-console support. But now he's downloadable? I'm confused.
>>
Who voiced Baloo? He is spot fucking on.
>>
>>5608813
A literally who that also voiced Sully in the game.
>>
>>5608813
PC Infinity is dead?
Goddamn it. I was looking forward to future DLC.
Also any way I can get this for pc?
>>
>>5609136
>>5609141
>both voiced by John Goodman
Well it makes sense. I loved the Sully voice too.
>>
File: WWF.jpg (18 KB, 415x282) Image search: [Google]
WWF.jpg
18 KB, 415x282
>>5608813

I got really excited for a second there while reading that thing, but then I realized my mistake and got sad.
>>
>>5609541
No, Joel McCray
>>
>>5608813
From what I've read you can only play as Baloo on iOS if you buy the bundle. Or complain to staff hard enough if you have a figure code.
>>
File: 1455219457752.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1455219457752.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
>>5609804
>a WWE toys to life game

I'd buy the fuck out of that

>Starter pack with John Cena and Haitch
>Shield, New Day, Horsewomen, League of Nations. DX. NWO 3 packs
>Single and Tag Team wrassler packs

It could play like that WWE All Stars game but you unlock wrestlers with the figures
>>
>>5611645
Don't give them any ideas, I don't have enough money to fund the addiction it would spur on.
>>
File: 1307486843982.jpg (251 KB, 471x424) Image search: [Google]
1307486843982.jpg
251 KB, 471x424
>>5611645
>The Rock, Tooth Fairy variant
>>
>>5611645
>all the possible paint variants for Cena
>>
File: Mystical-Strange-005-EW.0.0.jpg (122 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
Mystical-Strange-005-EW.0.0.jpg
122 KB, 1280x854
>All the new Marvel figures are based
>We'll likely get a Witer Soldier or War Machine figure announced soon
>Likely no Scarlet Witch or Quickass due to bullshit movie rights

So Doctor Strange is likely the next Marvel character not associated with Civil War that'll be added. Let's hear what Based Kevin Feige describes him as:
>"He can do a whole host of things, eventually,” explains Feige, who is also the producer of Doctor Strange. “He does cast spells, which in the comics have very sort of tongue-twisty fun names. We don’t want to shy away from that, because that’s what makes Doctor Strange Doctor Strange. He has a Cloak of Levitation that allows him to fly, but he doesn’t fly like Superman or like Thor. It’s almost got a consciousness of its own, this cloak, which, again, gives us a superhero with a red cape — which we’ve seen a few times — but allows us to do it in a wholly unique and wholly original way. He can create these mandalas of light that he can use as shields and he can use as sort of weapons. He can create portals that will open before your eyes that he can step through and go to other places around the world. And frankly, even in this film, we’ll only touch upon what a lot of his powers are."
>“In this film, the Eye is a very important relic that can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands, because it has the ability to do any number of things, the most dangerous of which is, it can sort of manipulate probabilities. Which is also another way of saying, ‘screw around with time’ — which is part of our story.”
>we have to wait until November to get this nigga in the game
fugg
>>
File: 1460333355565.jpg (135 KB, 978x550) Image search: [Google]
1460333355565.jpg
135 KB, 978x550
>>5602638
(please)
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 563x261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 563x261
Know is unrelated
But this battleborn figurines, are going to be just for "preorder"?
Or is there a chance that they get released on a normal fashion?
>>
>>5615862
Probably just for pre-order
>>
>>5615862
I miss the days of regular action figures with some form of movement
>>
>>5615870
I did but on steam
Then I get no bonus figure, then I will get just one, and then the store were I saw this don't offer any PC version to preorder and get a figure

>>5615872
To be fair I doubt there is going to be any company that want to make an articulated version of the battleborn characters
At best maybe Funko, but that unlikely, and if they do, you have to hope it isn't a funko pop
>>
>>5608813
>They add the characters on mobile by forcing buying WWF pack
I hope you can get it if you have the digital code.
Because if not then that really abusive
>>
>>5613770

>All of them are store exclusives
>>
>>5614861

Oh. Jeez. I forgot buddy.

Ill make one Wednesday. Promise
>>
>>5615862
>all these cool characters!
>each with their own special abilities and unique design!

>1st-person shooter
>>
So... We can assume if they have 4 legged characters done by the time Jungle Book 2 comes out...

>Jungle Book Playset
>Mowgli packin
>Bhageera, King Louie, Shanti, Shere Khan/whoever new baddy is, and possibly Baloo sokd seperately (depending on if the set is toon themed or live action themed)

I doubt they put the work into making Kaa a playable character.
>>
>>5616160
what genre use this to its advantage?
>>
File: disney.png (71 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
disney.png
71 KB, 321x322
>>5616625

Holy shit, I just checked Wikipedia to confirm your claim... That explains why Mowgli stays in the jungle at the end.

I'd be down for a playset, though keeping it cartoon themed would be the best to fit with Baloo. I just got him, and he's pretty fun to play.
>>
So I picked up Skylanders Supercharged really cheap last week, and after being quite dismissive the series, have to say its pretty ace, the comedy is sometimes a little too childish, but the mechanics are solid and does feel like a spiritual successor to Spyro, or any PS1 Platformer which is no bad thing.

So what characters are worth picking up? And whats worth hunting for second-hand.
Already have Fiesta, Donkey Kong, Tread Head and Rocky Roll.
>>
>>5617771
You'll definitely want a vehicle of each variety and a character of each Element. (Ie, you should have Land with Dong, so you'll need a Sky and Dive vehicle; then you'll want a Fire, Water, Magic, Tech, Air and maybe Light/Dark.

Amazon has quite a few figures on sale, so just check over there. There's a nice set with 3 multipacks and Gilly's racing pack that's great.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-19-17-27-43.png (100 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-19-17-27-43.png
100 KB, 480x800
So we should expect the guy for Toy Story 4? That would give me a reason to be hyped, I've been hoping for him! He'll be fun to display next to Vader himself.

Even better if it means they'll actually upgrade Woody Buzz and Jessie to 3.0/4.0 movesets, the poor identical bastards.
>>
I've been using my amiibo more on Paper Jam than anything else so far.
I'm tempted to wipe out the smash data on my Bowser and Luigi for more cards.
>>
File: QAfKuoy.jpg (389 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
QAfKuoy.jpg
389 KB, 3264x2448
we sky 6 now
>>
>>5618383

>A game about toys
>Does it make sense to release a character from a movie about toys?
>>
>>5618945
is that suppose to be a leak?
>>
>>5619017
He basically means that toys are released as tie-ins to films. So he's questioning if Zurg would ever tie-in to a future film.
>>
What are the chances that we'll get the Muppets in Infinity?
>>
File: 1454634344441.png (7 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
1454634344441.png
7 KB, 377x326
>>5615900
>>
>>5620287
I guess it depends on if ABC picks up another season. There's fan demand, and concept art, but after Most Wanted the franchise kinda cooled down.
>>
File: JP-Kermit turns-9-11.jpg (131 KB, 1600x745) Image search: [Google]
JP-Kermit turns-9-11.jpg
131 KB, 1600x745
>>5620287
>>5620501
We can but dream.
>>
>>5620287
Gotta save a fourth franchise for 4.0
>>
I have an extra Mini Mario and Friends Amiibo Challenge game code for the 3ds version:
B0JL373X4YGPGSDS
>>
File: IMG_0278.jpg (552 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
552 KB, 900x900
Found a "pre-owned" Ahsoka at Target for $9.99 and got 20% off with a Cartwheel offer for all pre-owned video games
>>
There's STILL no info on Bayonetta or Corrin?
God damn what the fuck is taking them so long?
>>
>>5622296
Why would you buy a used Ahsoka? Eventually you'll need Anakin and the play set, it seems like a waste unless you're just collecting favorites.
>>
>>5622909
Maybe they don't want the set, and they can get light up Ani now.
>>
>>5622909
is anakin required for the playset as well? at some point i just want ahsoka and the playset myself
>>
>>5623225
He's not needed to play it, but since he comes with the play set it's a big waste of money to just buy a play set figure by itself unless you don't plan on buying the other figure or the play set.
>>
>>5622346
Cloud too. They're probably saving them for sometime in the summer or fall. usually it's about 6 months from when they say they're gonna make them to actually having them come out. I'd say the likely date is June or July. We'll probably find out about them at e3 unfortunately.
>>
For those amiiboys out there, Target is running a 3 for $20 deal on most of the AC wave. Some people are claiming they're able to get others in store and just asking, online Target has most of Wave 1 and 2 on the sale, but not newer figures. Your mileage may vary.
>>
File: 1440394026692s.jpg (3 KB, 81x125) Image search: [Google]
1440394026692s.jpg
3 KB, 81x125
Ant-man pal code

9LDT-QPPM-DV28

You're welcome !
>>
>>5623841
Thanks bro!
>>
>>5623227
Gamestop already sells the game and toys separately in the used section. at some point, prices will go down and we'll have saved anyway.
>>
>>5622296
Why would you buy just the Ashola figure solo. The character was there for 9 year olds and pedos
>>
>>5625626
she shouldnt have existed, period. She was Poochie to Star Wars, existing in a timeline that was already spoiled to death. If she at least appeared in Genndy's clone wars, she'd probably be tolerable timeline-wise.
>>
>>5626217
My issue with Ahsoka was, if the Council doesn't trust Anakin--and they made it clear many a time during the prequels that they don't--why would they trust the training and care of this young girl to him? Never made sense to me.
>>
T2L Predictions for the next year and a half-ish
>Disney Infinity
The overwhelming success of Jungle Book, and the desire to sell Lion King characters, will push the DI staff to integrate four legged characters in time for the sequel to receive a playset. Animal characters will receive a big "push", featuring the Jungle Book cast, Simba, and Kuzco, whose special ability will be being able to flip between a bipedal human form and a four-legged animal form.

>Skylanders
Nintendo will continue their amiibo partnership with Skylanders, with new characters next year.

Sony, in a desperate attempt to leerage their IPs, will be the next to get in on the act, offering Ratchet and Clank and Sackboy Skylanders, Parappa the Rapper and Fat Princess are also possibilities. Microsoft will be the last to get in on the act, with a paltry display of Rareware characters.

>Lego Dimensions
Flash will be the next superhero to join the cast after Supergirl and Green Arrow. Expect a Batman level pack to boost the LEGO Batman movie. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them will get the full treatment. Nexo Knights will join the game.

Most of those are probably pretty obvious.
>>
>>5631938
>That DI section.

You're also forgetting KH's inclusion, which is more than likely thanks to the Keyblade being DI 3.0's Ultimate Unlock as well as that event-exclusive King Mickey costume Power Disc.
>>
>>5631938
I can see Sony doing it at some point but their well would run dry so fast unless they got a bunch of third parties on their side. They barely filled up PASBR, we'd end up with like four different Toro figures, a bunch of Ape Escape variants, maybe a Loco Roco or Patapon figure(Which would be amazing), and then an entire Uncharted line.

>>5632157
Yeah, KH is looking pretty strong, they'd probably do it around the release of 3 as well just to ride the hype train it will inevitably bring.
>>
>>5632157
Right, I'd say at LEAST a Sora figure, possibly a playset if they want to continue the "use all your figures" trend.
>>
For my fellow Skybros, Target once again has the Cartwheel coupon for 50% off characters and vehicles.

http://cartwheel.target.com/o/skylanders-superchargers-drivers/-/61929

You can redeem it on 4 total a day so you'd have to come back again if you wanted more.
>>
>>5631938
Unless Simba flips into the Broadway version that would be too silly.
>>
>>5632563
I think he just meant Kuzco would transform. not Simba.
>>
>>5631938
>Skylanders
>Nintendo will continue their amiibo partnership with Skylanders, with new characters next year.

What can we expect then Yoshi, Kirby.. Fox?
>>
>>5633619
I would buy the shit out of a Kirby Skymiibo.
>>
File: 0J9B644.gif (212 KB, 1166x875) Image search: [Google]
0J9B644.gif
212 KB, 1166x875
>>5633682
>>
>>5633619
Super Suction/Turbo Vacuum Kirby - Air
Ground Pounder Yoshi - ?
Volt Bolt Pikachu - Light
Show Star Greninja - Water
Gyro Shot R.O.B - Tech
>>
>>5601568
Why is Darth Vader's mask totally ass in Disney Infinity? Like, I get it's meant to be different, but it's terrible.
>>
>>5601568
>FX
I don't get Disney Infinity figures, so what are those? Do their lightsabers just light up?
>>
>>5634404
>Pikachu
>Greninja

Given the issues with how the Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, and Mewtwo amiibos are used in Super Mario Maker I doubt those ones will happen.
>>
>>5634404
Would be really nice if they had catchphrases instead of their stock voices. Like, DK would say "Banana Slamma!" but with his current voice actor.
>>
>>5635222
Yup.
>>
Back then at infinity 1.0 I heard if you have all the characters from a set (like every incredibles) you can unlock an extra box / door with exclusive stuff. Now I have (my first inf game) 3.0 and is this true? If yes , where can I unlock it?
>>
>>5635817
It's not every character from a single set, it's every single default character. You need to have all 39(?) base characters(Meaning everything prior to the Ant Man/Baloo/Black Spidey/Vision wave) in 3.0, make sure you've tapped them once and they've each at least reached level 1, then go to the Hall of Heroes and walk up to each statue. Once every one is registered it unlocks the ultimate item from that version.

In 1.0 it was a Lightsaber, in 2.0 it was Luke's Landspeeder, and in 3.0 it's the Keyblade.
>>
>>5635817
1.0 had boxes with stuff in it as well, per playset. They got rid of this since, and only have the unlockables >>5635969 is on about now.

>>5635216
It's his Rebels design.
>>
>>5635977
I don't think 1.0 had actual rewards for having every character in a play set outside of the character specific boxes, did it?
>>
>>5635982
Every character had seperate chests which had rewards, and every playset had a big box which unlocked with all characters that contained some more shit.
>>
>>5636107
Ah, then good to know, I thought it was just the former character boxes since I didn't see a giant one in the Incredible play set.
>>
>>5635222
The lightsabers on FX figures light up when put on a portal. It's induction lighting or something like that and it's the same thing that lightcore/giant Skylanders used.

>>5635216
I really hate how Infinity Vader is more like Duck Vader than anything else.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C62.jpg (479 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C62.jpg
479 KB, 1280x720
>Let's try Bowser out!
>Hammer Slam Bowser isn't recognized as a Bowser
Aw...
>>
>>5636623
What the fuck? Really? They need to fix that shit.
>>
>>5636623
He isn't considered a Bowser? What is he considered?
>>
>>5636735
you just get that generic nothing you get whenever you use a non-supported amiibo.
I named my hammer slam bowser Slams.
>>
File: 03b.png (807 KB, 600x1035) Image search: [Google]
03b.png
807 KB, 600x1035
>>5636623
>>5636795
Welp, Turbo Charged Dong doesnt work neither
>>
>>5636623
What game is this?

And is the swotch on Skylander, or Amiibo?
>>
>>5636968
It's the new free to download Mario vs
Donkey kong game.
You need amiibos to play.
>>
>>5636623
>>5636735
>>5636863
That's really weird. They count as Bowser and DK in every other game. They would have had to like, deliberately exclude them for them to not count in the minis game.
>>
>>5637053
I guess so. The alternative is that they have to deliberately include them for every game to count and forgot, but making it work that way seems like poor planning.
>>
>>5636968
>And is the swotch on Skylander, or Amiibo?
amiibo. Skylander mode does not work and the game will say so.
>>5637053
i find it very odd myself. as if the game really really knows that theyre skylanders...but how? some sort of unrecognizeable code? some sort of firewall since it's both?

It's also kind of a bad sign if they dont honor the skylanders at some point, like there wont be new Skymiibos for the upcoming game or even backward-compatibility
>>
>>5635969
>all 39
o-okay
>>
>>5637686
I think amiibos can have some ability to know what specifically it is.
That's how Gold Mario knows it's gold for Mario Maker and Tennis.
>>
>>5637053
Does the skyamiibo of Bowser/DK read as Bowser and DK in Smash and Mario Party?
>>
I was at WalMart and they had a ton of 2.0 starters for $10. Could I get one and upgrade to 3.0? $10 seemed like a steal.
>>
>>5638278
there's no upgrade, you can only use the figures and also scan the playset 1 time for some extra toy box items.

starters come with a disc with 2.0 on them, but there's no digital upgrade like Battlefield 4 lastgen-to-nextgen.
>>
>>5638278
If you're interested in the characters, yeah, it's good pick. The toy box game/play set pieces are basically worthless in 3.0 but all the characters are forward compatible.
>>
>>5637686
Seems to me the Skymiibos' ID markers are different in relation to regular Bowser and DK. (In this case, the game [i'm assuming] makes a distinction from Smash Bowser, MP Bowser and Sky Bowser)
>>
File: action-replay-amiibo-powersaves.jpg (142 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
action-replay-amiibo-powersaves.jpg
142 KB, 1280x1280
intredasting
>>
>>5638826
foreshadowing a new link amiibo ?
>>
>>5638898
Nah. Look at Yoshi, Bowser, and Tom Nook
>>
>>5638898
Those silhouettes have been used since the beginning in amiibo displays and stuff.

>>5638826
I saw one of those at Gamestop. I don't know about boosting, but being able to save your saves to your PC might be good.
>>
>>5638826
Oh boy. GameShark for amiibo. Wish this cheating shit would just go away.
>>
>>5639007
how would you cheat with amiibo anyway? give them unlimited lives? max out their stats? unlock their abilities?
>>
File: WVW69jINht8iXnEraa.jpg (59 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jINht8iXnEraa.jpg
59 KB, 320x240
>>5639019
An entire deck of sparkle cards for paper jam?
>>
File: duellingsquids.png (235 KB, 511x333) Image search: [Google]
duellingsquids.png
235 KB, 511x333
Squid Sisters amiibos just got revealed during the latest Splatoon event. Like they needed another excuse to clear the pegs of AC figures.
>>
>>5639895
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs

They're coming here in July! Definitely getting those.

... The recolors of the previous Splatoon amiibos are a bit lame. Gonna pass.
>>
>>5639971
So, they play music?
I was hoping for a hero splatling and hero slosher.
>>
>>5639971
What are those re-colored boy, girl, and squid? Do they do anything different?
>>
>>5640732
I think they do the same thing, it's just a fancy way of reissuing them.
Although I can't recall the splatoon series ever being out of stock.
>>
>>5640763
They were when they first came out.
>>
In regard to Disney Infinity: How many of you guys try to play Flynn's Arcade for multiplayer? It seems like the consensus online is that DI's multiplayer online stuff is garbage. I can't say I disagree because I've never gotten a single game to work...
>>
>>5642001
It's fucking terrible. When I went for the trophy I'd search for a game, leave my PS4 on for a few hours, come back and found out I've been in 1 game. It took hours. I really wish they did fix it, but then the only people you'd get to play with is autistic little kids, who start fighting you the moment the game loads.
>>
Got 2 very old codes for the PC version, both should still work.
Sully, Jack Sparrow and Mr. Incredible: 49JS-LKTP-RBL6

Randall, Syndrome and Davy Motherfucking Jones:
9B9V-HDWP-8YLY
>>
>>5642285
Got 2 more:
Venom(One of my favourites): HWLV-59FM-H2Y4
Groot: 4T8G-PWPT-QBDM
>>
>>5639007
>wants to get rid of gameshark/game genie devices

Yeah because the DLC that has replaced hexeditors and cheat codes are so much better for this generation of games.

As long as you don't use it online, who gives a shit?
>>
>>5643859
Are you retarded? How is DLC comparable to cheating?
>>
>>5643863
Not that guy but plenty of DLCs give abilities or weapons which gives a noticeable (and sometimes unfair) advantage in game. In Dead Space there are dlcs which give you weapons and armor with better stats than their basic varinats and they are available at the first workbench in the game for free. In DS1 dlc armors had the maximum number of inventory slots right off the bat on any difficulty. In DS2 downloading the Super "shotgun" (+5% damage, one shots pretty much everything on any difficulty from up close, available right from the first level instead of lvl8-9) was pretty much mandatory for the 3 save run. In DS3 they even went that far that if you install the newest title update the game downgrades all of your existing and future saves because in the base game you could unlock the strongest weapon in the game for any difficulty and it ruined the sales of the weapon and armor dlcs.
>>
File: GameClip-Original_1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GameClip-Original_1.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I finally gave in and bought Marvel Battlegrounds. I played it a few hours on the weekend and it was pretty awesome but I found it really short cosidering it costs almost as much as a playset with two figures. I know it was plenty of work to make it work with every Marvel character but still. The "story" is really really really short. Even if the challenge levels are story-like without cutscenes (didn't play them all yet).

I didn't know much about the game beforehand, is this supposed to be some Smash Bros clone? I found versus, but does it have some online matchmaking system? Please tell me you can play it online without inviting people you know. I don't have friends, the base game Arcade is shit obviously and Toy Box Takeover and Speedway only supports invites.
>>
>>5644045
with the money you paid, you couldve bought Power Stone
>>
>>5644056
But it doesn't have cute marvel figures doing cute things.
>>
>>5643863
Most DLC are paid cheats, nothing more, nothingless.
>>
>>5644141
You sure you don't mean Free To Play Premium Items?
>>
>>5644141
Did I time warp back to 2006? Do you only play shooters or something?
>>
>>5613964
Oh, the Eye is the Time Stone this time. Cool.

I hope he doesn't need it for too long.
>>
>>5642119
I'd honestly prefer playing with little kids to having literally no one to play with. It's ridiculous that they put so much emphasis on the making Toyboxs that to be fair only a small proportion of players actually invest time into than other methods of play like Invasion or Battlegrounds.
>>
>>5644045
Yeah, man this is essentially how I'm feeling. I got the game solely to play as Ant-Man, and even though I poured hours into playing as him and leveling him up since he was my first figure I'm starting to feel a little bitter about Infinity. They have the tools to make a really fun online multiplayer game , but instead put an emphasis on user created Toyboxes rather than anything else. The fact that there is no lobby or matchmaking for Battlegrounds is asinine. The fact that Speedway and Takeover are invite only are asinine. Since I got Ant-Man I've also purchased Vision and Black Panther who are a lot of fun, but still having them be fun makes me want to pit them against other people or just play with others. DI hemorrhages sales in the periods where there are no new releases but I'd wager if they did a proper online multiplayer things would pick up. And the official forums are shit too. It's almost like they don't want people to complain. They really are shooting themselves in the foot.
>>
>>5645850
You are right.

There is barely any kids friendly platformers / action games nowadays (if you don't play on Nintendo consoles of course) and they still fail to realize Infinity could be extremely successfull with a proper online kart racer / co-op adventure / battle arena portion. Maybe they want the multiplayer to be the next big thing of Infinity 4.0
>>
Does anyone even buy Lego Dimensions?
It always has shelf space, but I've never seen anyone actually take something off the shelf.
>>
>>5636623
>download onto my 3DS so I can play it on a flight on Saturday
>the courses aren't permanently unlocked, you have to tap in the amiibo every time you play
WHY EVEN RELEASE THIS ON THE 3DS?
>>
>>5646026
It doesn't go on sale anywhere near as often.
>>
>>5646026
It's basically a $100 regular lego game with some extra figures.
>>
>>5646026
It rarely goes on sale, the value doesn't seem as good as Amiibos, Disney Infinity, or Skylanders, you actually have to build the damn things so you have to worry about pieces falling off or getting lost and it makes storing them a nightmare(Especially the portal), and it's essentially a normal retail Lego game with extra DLC scenarios but with a lot more stuff locked off unless you buy the toys.

It's my least favorite TTL by far.
>>
>>5647037
What makes me really not like it is most of the figures are just the same ones from normal lego sets except much more expensive.
>>
>>5646053
BUY THE AMIIBO TRAVEL PACK $$$$
>>
>>5647037
it seems cheaper to just get the NFC chips from bricklink and the game from gamestop. The only thing is the portal of power, which doesnt seem to be sold separately atm.
>>
File: 1436217233320.png (303 KB, 470x419) Image search: [Google]
1436217233320.png
303 KB, 470x419
>>5647037
>30 dollars for a single minifigure and 2 minikits

holy fuck, the actual dlc is at most worth 5 bucks
>>
>>5645901
If that's their plan they're dumb as shit. People are already sick of having to buy new editions. The fact that they could obviously integrate multiplayer into 3.0 already but they choose not to is going to piss people off.
>>
>>5638826
I just noticed Skylanders elements printed on that thing. Does this mean we can hack Skylanders too? not that it's necessary really...
>>
>>5648214
I'm fine with buying new editions, the digital version is not expensive and you don't need to buy the base again. But the barebones playsets are really offending. No to mention many characters are literally useless especially compared to others.
>>
>>5646053
I imagine it was trivial to do so since the previous minis game (tipping stars) was cross platform, there's probably a shared engine or something like that.
>>
>>5646026
I bought it, and honestly it was really fucking great, but all the booster packs or whatever are garbage, the Back to the Future one felt like three minutes long and it was just awful, and the Bart character doesnt even have a voice.
>>
>>5648225
Yes they work with Skylanders, infact it originally was for Skylanders
>>
>>5648386
>But the barebones playsets are really offending.
They're starting to improve on this at least, just look at the jump from 2.0's playsets to 3.0's. It's like a completely different world in terms of length to beat it, the collectibles, and difficulty. Hell, I'm still not done with the Inside Out one and I've got like maybe 10 hours in that one.
>>
Don't know if it's still going on, but Xbox Gold members can buy digital DI3.0 under $10 for One and 360.
>>
Hey all.

I just got a bunch more DI figures, (finally got my keyblade! woo!)

Here are the PC codes for you guys, as usual please only take one or two, so more people can get one, and please post a reply to tell the thread which charcters you've taken so people know which are gone. enjoy!

Nick Wilde: PBQN-STWZ-FJCF

JUDY HOPPS: MJ9J-YCPZ-RQKD

ULTRON: MYWL-RXWT-LWFV

SAM FLYNN: H8FT-WRKF-MB6W

EZRA BRINGER: F7FZ-WRKF-XBTL

ZEB: C5VZ-8JVC-YTKX

KANAN JARRUS: CZVR-FVBK-Z3TH

SPOT: HWDD-KZ9T-Q5TT

RONAN THE ACCUSER: RG4R-B4HN-KHQ4
>>
>>5649003
Yet Marvel Battlegrounds was super short and what replay value it does have is dependent on if you have others to play with. It could have been extended greatly with multiplayer but nope.
>>
I just unlocked the Keyblade.

Now Im going to play the shit out of the game so I can get parts to build a really shitty version of Castle Oblivion.
>>
>>5650112
What's funny is that come next year there'll probably be a Kingdom Hearts plays set and all your work would have been pointless.
>>
>>5649807
Same deal currently on European PSN.
>>
Play Asia was selling one free animal crossing with every amiibo, so I took the chance to get Ness.
>>
>>5650018
Thanks for Judy and Zeb!
>>
>>5650141
Most likely.

But it'll be a sweet ride till then.
>>
File: 13177496.jpg (22 KB, 269x480) Image search: [Google]
13177496.jpg
22 KB, 269x480
>>5650018
>tfw i didn't got any
welp, here's another amazon leak
>>
File: 13177773.jpg (25 KB, 269x480) Image search: [Google]
13177773.jpg
25 KB, 269x480
>>
>>5652220
>Comes with the 1.0 theme discs

Like I need that clutter.
>>
>>5652220
That's the only two fucking themed discs that I have.

GODDAMNIT.
>>
>>5652220
Look great but I never really liked animal themed movies except the Lion King and the 101 Dalmatians.
>>
>>5652220

Aww he's adorable!

That's an interesting idea to pair the figure with discs, even if I personally never cared about changing the backgrounds and scenery.

Would be way more fun if characters came with a relevant vehicule or costume disc, but hey as long as they don't cost extra why complain?
>>
>>5652617
They paired characters with discs a lot in 1.0 Wreck it Ralph, Frozen and Phineas/Ferb all came with their discs.
>>
>>5652220
>Comes with the theme disks
Color me surprised, that's pretty neat. I'm glad we get one of Nemo though, I was just expecting Marlin and Dory with whatever new characters are in the movie.
>>
>>5652623

I did forget about that, same for Jasmine and Aladdin and I think Hiro and Baymax for 2.0

But all of those were bundles. That's the first time they put those with a single figure.
>>
>>5652662
Don't think there was a BH6 2-pack. Probably should have been though.
>>
There was a Frozen one too Anna+Elsa and their 2 theme disk. I remember because it was sold out everywhere and when I finally gave up and bought the princesses seperately I bought a blind bag too. Guess what was the two theme disk in it. Luckiest moment of my life.
>>
>>5652220
I guess this kills the idea of water mechanics, then.

Get ready for Cars characters 2: Degeneres Boogaloo.
>>
>>5651288
I really let things get away from me considering I said I was just going to get the original 8.
>>
>>5653592
Oh, you have no idea. I was initially completely averse to Toys to Life figures. Between my fiancée and myself, we have some 30ish Disney Infinity figures and some 20ish amiibo.

It was those damn sales, I tell you. The sales, and new amiibo quality going up in general around the time they became more generally available. I mean, a good third of our collection is Animal Crossing
>>
>>5652809
That's honestly the better way to do it if you intend on collecting the discs because lord knows you'll wind up with several duplicates trying to get the final missing discs. That is, if you don't do trades.
>>
>>5653651
Is there even any place that's good to offload or trade some of the extra disks you end up getting? At best you'd get like a dollar per unless you have a huge lot on eBay. Those $1 blind bags ended up with me having like ten dupes on top of all the new ones I got and I have no clue what to do with them.
>>
>>5653665
The first trick or treater I got in my house, he was dressed as Mickey. I asked him if he played Disney Infinity. He said yes.

I gave him a King Size Kit Kat and all of my spare power discs. The guy almost had a heart attack.
>>
>>5653665
I wouldn't bother trying to sell them, unless it's some online trading forum. I never really participated, but the one I did lurk on would have you make an account, then check off the discs you wanted and the discs you had to sell or trade. Then it was up you you to browse other users and make the contacts yourself.

I don't remember which forum it was, but it popped up a lot in searches. I just offloaded my spares to my nieces and nephews.
>>
>>5653672
Doing this.

Or giving it to one of my young cousins.
>>
>>5652220

So I guess Ariel is coming soon right? Hopefully afterwards they'll figure out how to do quadrupedal characters next.
>>
what skylanders are value?
>>
>>5656493
>So I guess Ariel is coming soon right?
I kinda doubt it. Them including the theme discs with Nemo makes me think it's less integrated water mechanics and more them floating in mid-air and being Cars characters level disappointments.
>>
I really want some Marvel characters not based on the movies.
>>
File: hqpicturegallery_1501684.jpg (28 KB, 650x432) Image search: [Google]
hqpicturegallery_1501684.jpg
28 KB, 650x432
Any good ideas for stands or other ways to display the three G&W alts? I like them but I'm not sure how to display all four of them.
>>
>>5657108
The 2011 E3 figures in packaging maybe.
>>
>>5660737
There's some people who 3D print them on Etsy, but the problem is most of them don't paint them the same Amiibo stand color so that's something to consider.
>>
>>5657108
Blackout
S2 Bash
and maybe Magna charge
>>
>>5660737
>>5660916
There's one on etsy, "blackandgoldstands" that I bought. They're pretty decent for 3D printed stands, $8 and they come from the Philippines pretty fast.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C64.jpg (483 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C64.jpg
483 KB, 1280x720
I'm sad the dialog doesn't change to refer to them in the plural
>>
Disney has cancelled Disney Infinity.
>>
It's ded.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/10/11652866/disney-infinity-ending
>>
>>5661852
Aye, seems to be true.

Well that's shitty. They obviously had more planned but the only future releases we'll be getting are the Looking Glass characters and The Dory Playset and Nemo.
>>
So are the Infinity toys going to become cheap now or extortionate collector's items?
>>
>>5661874

First cheap, then extortionate a few years down the line.
>>
>>5661852
>>5661860
>We'll never get Peter Pan and Mabel/Darkwing Duck

FUCK
>>
>We will never know what the Disney and Star Wars playseys for 2016 were going to be.
>>
File: 1434515426351.jpg (14 KB, 149x186) Image search: [Google]
1434515426351.jpg
14 KB, 149x186
>>5661852
>>5661860
[spoiler]F[/spoiler]
>>
>>5661889
>No Doctor Strange playset
>No GotG 2, with Mantis and Starhawk figure
I hate they made that decision, altough now it was more clear why they didnt want to support the PC version months ago
>>
File: 590.png (345 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
590.png
345 KB, 640x480
>>5661852

Boooooooo!

I'm very saddened by this, I've got 87 DI figures and was looking forward to more.
>>
>>5661906
Yeah man this is the worst part. There were a lot of cool characters incoming. Tbh lack of good online support would have really saved this game. I'm kind of mad now that I invested quite a bit of money in this game over the past couple of months...
>>
>>5661852
That really sucks. I liked the figures for the most part - they felt more consistent quality wise than (especially early) Amiibo and Skylanders, even if the style and drabber colors didn't always work out (SULLEY) - even if the game designers had problems figuring out how to differentiate characters beyond "this character has a gun", "this one has a grappling hook", "this character throws things", "literally a car", and "this character has a dash attack".

I think I'll pick up Jack and Alice and call it quits.
>>
File: Bayonetta_SSB4.png (196 KB, 372x379) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta_SSB4.png
196 KB, 372x379
>>5661933
They took the smart approach of giving it its own art style so they can optimize the design for the average figure quality.
The Bayonetta amiibo is going to have to try and look like this and it's going to fail spectacularly.
>>
I was under the impression that sky landers and Lego were struggling more.
>>
>>5661976
Me too. Are there any hard figures for any of these toylines? Are they doing well?
>>
I wrote a really long post that failed for some reason and I realise complaining on the internet is stupid but basically I'm super disappointed at the Disney Infinity news. Mad as well, but really, just sad. I invested a lot of time and money into a franchise that I thought had great potential and that I thought was making money hand over fist. Sad times and probably the banshee's call for the premature death of toys to life because the profit margins weren't stacked enough for some boardroom.
>>
Yeah, I'm wondering if this spells the end for everyone.

We got 3 games out of it. I will probably go back and play them all again as my daughter gets older.
>>
>>5661852
I bet quite a lot of people were skipping Star Wars and random releases in hope Disney did some more of their classic characters and the Princesses.
>>
Just heard about DI. Crazy. My money was on Lego or skylanders going out first. I was going to buy 3.0 but now I just might wait for the clearance sales. The sad part is that it was doing well just not good enough.

Well it was a fun crazy ride.
>>
http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/10/the-disney-infinity-franchise-is-over-as-entertainment-company-pulls-out-of-console-games/

>Disney is hitting the ejector-seat button on its interactive-gaming-toy business.

The company told investors today that it is ending its Disney Infinity gaming franchise. This gaming series enabled players to buy physical toys that they could bring into their video games, and it’s largely based on the toys-to-life model that the successful Activision series Skylanders launched in 2011. But Infinity is not performing well, and Disney credits it with dragging down its consumer products and interactive media division. While the global gaming market is $99.6 billion, a big slice is on mobile, where Disney has shifted a lot of its focus.

>Disney confirmed that it will still release the Infinity character playsets for the films Alice Through the Looking Glass and Finding Dory. The studio was also working on sets for Star Wars: Rogue One, but that is no longer going to happen.

>GamesBeat reached out to Disney for a statement, and it provided us with the following: “After a thorough evaluation, we have modified our approach to console gaming and will transition exclusively to a licensing model. This shift in strategy means we will cease production of Disney Infinity, where the lack of growth in the toys-to-life market, coupled with high development costs, has created a challenging business model. This means that we will be shutting down Avalanche, our internal studio that developed the game. This was a difficult decision that we did not take lightly given the quality of Disney Infinity and its many passionate fans.”
>>
>>5662028
yeah, really

LEGO above all else, but Activision is smart when it comes to making money and knowing how far they can go.
>>
>>5662029
>This confirms that the company is ending its internal game-making endeavors. Instead, Disney will now move on to licensing its properties out to third-parties. This is a business model it has had success with when it comes to Star Wars and Marvel — although it is in contrast to how it approaches its films business where Marvel has worked to get back the rights to characters it has licensed out to Sony and Fox.
>But clearly, Disney doesn’t want to deal directly with making games any longer. That’s because it’s expensive, and the interactive-toy market is overly saturated. Disney chief executive officer Bob Iger noted during an investors’ call today that it knew that the toys-to-life market was risky and that the risk had caught up with them. He said that Disney no longer has confidence in the business.
>Disney’s toy and gaming division saw a 2 percent decrease in revenues down to $1.2 billion. It also took an 8-percent hit to its operating income, which was down to $357 million. “Lower operating income was primarily due to the impact of foreign currency translation due to the strengthening of the U.S. dollar against major currencies, lower operating margins and comparable store sales at our retail business, and lower results for [Disney] Infinity,” reads the company’s quarterly report. “These decreases were partially offset by higher licensing revenues.”
>While Disney is retreating from publishing console games, you can likely expect to see even more mobile games featuring the company’s characters. Developers and publishers on iOS and Android are always looking for an attractive property to help their free-to-play businesses find players,
Thanks mobile gaming!
>>
>>5662020
Yeah, I always thought of this as something I'd love introducing my kids to as their first games. Even as a silly way of introducing them to death when you have to take a character off the base. DAMN YOU DISNEY.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.