[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason Figuarts look like shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 36
File: FIGURE-017896_08.jpg (50 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-017896_08.jpg
50 KB, 560x800
I never saw one figuart school girl figure that looked good.

At best it was "ok", like the Maki Love Live figuarts. But it looks like shit when compared to the Maki figma.

Doesn't Bandai have more money and is also bigger than GSC?

How come they can't do a better looking product?
>>
>>5594907
In what way do they look like shit?
>>
File: FIGURE-011355_01 copy.jpg (157 KB, 644x800) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-011355_01 copy.jpg
157 KB, 644x800
Figma wins
>>
File: FIGURE-018258_05 copy.jpg (118 KB, 542x433) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-018258_05 copy.jpg
118 KB, 542x433
Figma wins 2
>>
Figuarts is better at adapting live action things, toku in particular.
Just compare the figures they both did of Bruce Lee to see this.
>>
Figuarts is definitely the inferior line overall, but they do some good work, and their attempts at realistic-looking figures have been far better than those of Figma.
>>
>>5594948
>Figuarts is definitely the inferior line overall

figma doesnt even have any star wars characters, just fujoshit pandering nendos
>>
>>5594948
At least most figuarts can stand on their own.
>>
figmas for slag figures, figuarts for men, monsters and toku
>>
>>5594949
I was mostly talking about the actual quality of the figures but if you want to debate which line has a better selection of characters then you'll have to find someone else.
>>
>>5594928
I don't know which is which, but I'd pick the one on the left.
>>
>>5594935
...and here I'd pick the one on the right.
>>
>>5594955

Their left or yours?

SHF is the dancer outfit. The dress isn't flexible like figma ones sadly
>>
>>5594955
>>5594956
Both are figuarts. They definitely have the more interesting outfits, though I'm not sure if GSC has done or has plans to do something other than plain outfits.
>>
>>5594948
Figma is more consistently good. Figuarts releases fluctuate between being better or worse than figma.
>>
>>5594954
>I was mostly talking about the actual quality of the figures

thats the problem, its two different fanbases arguing over waifus and robots. sure figma made dragon knight and bandai blew them out with ryuki but who cares? be thankful both companies still exist
>>
>>5594958
You failed the test. The left is figuarts, the right is figma
>>
>>5594961
I meant both as in both of the ones he said he liked better.
>>
>>5594959
This is why I never preorder figuarts.

And I don't know if I just have really bad luck but at least half of the figuarts I've bought have had some QC issue.
>>
>>5594928
>>5594935
The figuarts photos here are from the final product and taken with the shitty camera Amiami uses. The figma are promotional shots with a high quality camera from GSC's photographers.
>>
>>5594928
>>5594935
Put the figma head on the figuarts body. Costume change ver. Easy peasy.
>>
>>5594907
Not alot of people actually care about action figures of little girls, which is a majority of what Figma puts out. The only Figma i own are Red Pyramid Thing, Crystal Bowie, The Thinker and Venus De Milo. Those and the Yugi Moto are the only things Figma put out that i find actually interesting, pretty much everything else is just a bunch of boring/uninspired moeblobs.
>>
>>5594907
Bandai is more focus on their other lines and most of them are Mecha.
>>
Figma is best at Anime girl figures, Figuarts is primarily suited toku heroes and they're good at it.

Both lines are pretty iffy when they step out of their comfort zones, Bandai has a really bad habit of fucking up kawaii uguu faces, and Figma is hit or miss on anything that isnt a moe anime girl.

I like the figuarts love live costumes better than the (yet another) generic schoolgirl outfits figma went with, not that I've bought any love live figures.
>>
>>5594907
Is that a custom someone put together, or did she have a figure before the series aired?
>>
>>5594935
>>5594928

You are a retarded brand loyalist if you think the figma Love Live characters look better than the Figuarts. Maybe I'll give you Maki's eyes but both of them are acceptable considering the outfits. The Figuarts are vastly superior in sculpt anatomy and articulation.

As to Rin in the OP, yeah she doesn't look as good but that's because her body is designed to be able to ride the bike. They could get around it with alternate pieces like the Miku bike figmas but I think she looks fine and the Katana looks amazing. I like that I could easily pick her up, put her on the bike, and have it look natural with minimal effort. My Miku's will look better next to her but she'll fit in just fine and be more fun to play with.

I know you're probably just a blind brand loyalist since those types pop up all over this board in every place they can but you gotta open your eyes and your mind. You'll enjoy your hobby more.
>>
>>5595105

Figuarts outfits aren't flexible like Figma sadly.
>>
>>5595105
>You are a retarded brand loyalist if you think the figma Love Live characters look better than the Figuarts. Maybe I'll give you Maki's eyes but both of them are acceptable considering the outfits. The Figuarts are vastly superior in sculpt anatomy and articulation.

I've bought all the figma and SHF of the girls and I can tell you that the figma are just better. The only articulation issue the figma have is that a few of the girls have an issue looking up. Other than that, kind of standard. Nothing fantastic, but definitely not bad.

The SHF girls have garbage articulation. Decent neck, decent arm, legs are horrible. The ankles barely even have any side to side movement, or forward and back. The entire torso is just one block. No waist, no chest. For stage outfits they have difficulties getting into anything that requires much flexibility at all.
>>
File: Shame and Honor.jpg (214 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Shame and Honor.jpg
214 KB, 768x1024
>>5594928
>>5594935
Your move.
>>
>>5595660
>cherry picking game

ooh that's my favorite. I honestly don't give a shit about either toy line, they both have hits and misses.
>>
>>5595660
Both companies' likenesses vary in quality from one type of figure to the next, but MF really, REALLY needs to step up their game when it comes to real people.
>>
>>5595666
Max Factory sucks at real people, Bandai is better at them and toku. But in the anime girls section MF beats Bandai.
>>
File: freddy's dead.jpg (16 KB, 161x172) Image search: [Google]
freddy's dead.jpg
16 KB, 161x172
>>5595666
>REALLY needs to step up their game when it comes to real people.
>not the company who said "fuck it" to sculpting real humans and are just printing photographs onto bad sculpts
Good toy companies sculpt in everything for accuracy, including the mustache.
>>
>>5595686
>sculpting the mustache, something that barely has form
You can even see how better Bandai is on the sculpt itself here: >>5595660
>>
File: rahotep-statue.jpg (48 KB, 667x500) Image search: [Google]
rahotep-statue.jpg
48 KB, 667x500
>>5595700
>barely has form
Might as well say beards and long hair from your head barely has form either, yet those are usually sculpted in with high detail.

It's a defining feature!... but whatever, keep on defending poor sculpts by ignoring how shit is supposed to be done, that even mediocre artists from the infancy of sculpting understood what to do.
>>
>>5595713
>Might as well say beards and long hair from your head barely has form either
No, because mustache hair, especially in this case, has significantly less form than those.
Especially on a 1/12 figure.
>>
File: Emi 10.png (416 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Emi 10.png
416 KB, 800x600
>>5594907
What character is that? She'd make a good base for a custom Emi..
>>
>>5595099
>>5595726
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-017896
>>
>>5594907
Any figma with facial hair looks like complete dogshit. Lookin at you Snake and Kazama.
>>
Generally speaking figuarts make better live action based/non-anime figures whereas figma makes the better anime figures.
>>
Mario and Blastoise gave me a pretty bad impression of non-Sentai Bandai/Figuarts figures due to their lack of posability and accessory count compared to Revoltech and Figma. To be fair they're both unconventional designs so it would be unreasonable for me to judge solely on them, but seeing pictures of Luffy, Bowser, Terry Bogart and Blaziken didn't help.

Ranma actually turned out pretty good however. All the positive comments on Bruce Lee also swayed me to order Freddie, and he's gorgeous.
>>
File: 1454634975351.jpg (233 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1454634975351.jpg
233 KB, 1200x900
>>5595686
Smells like subjectautism just waltzed into this thread.
>>
>>5595099
The manga has been out and the figma was released to go alongside the anime
>>
>>5595886
yea, I smelled it too.
I wouldn't be suprised if he's OP as well.
what a fucking turd
>>
>>5595869
>D-arts and former D-arts
That's your problem.

Most of Bandai's efforts goes into their tokusatsu releases (including Ultra-act), especially the newer ones.
>>
>>5594928
>>5594935
if you want to nitpick that badly, those aren't schoolgirl figures. those are idol outfits. while I completely disagree with you about bandai's quality, I have that maki and she's an utter shit figuarts, but she has a better hairsculpt the than figma. try the more recent precure ones, they are way better figures. I think the only real schoolgirl they have is the upcoming one with an axe.
>>
I really prefer the look of the figma sculpts.
The angles in the faces are softer and the limbs look "meatier", and the torso is articulated too. Figma hair looks like chewing gum, though, so I guess 1 point for figuarts?

They should stick to toku tbqfwyf; it's like Cure Peace convinced them they were good at it when it was a fluke.
>>
Only thing figma does better is anime girls, which honestly only a few fags give a shit about. Figuarts are superior in every other aspect.

Whenever figma makes the same character as figuarts, is always no contest. Don't know why GSC bothers. Though as I said before figma does that moeshit(?) better.
>>
File: boms1444112873.jpg (726 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
boms1444112873.jpg
726 KB, 1200x800
>>5596104
Probably not a fluke since all the Cure releases since then have been really solid.
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (65 KB, 443x726) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
65 KB, 443x726
>>5596008
>Most of Bandai's efforts goes into their tokusatsu releases (including Ultra-act), especially the newer ones.
>(including Ultra-act)

You're out of the loop, aren't ya?
>>
>>5596474
except when their shoulders disintegrate out of the box..
>>
File: stalker.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5595714
>all this denial and excuses for shit sculpts
Even mushy 80s figures do it right.

At this point, you might as well say that only Bandai knows how to put mustaches on toys and that everyone else is wrong.
>>
File: shf_brucelee040.jpg (176 KB, 650x887) Image search: [Google]
shf_brucelee040.jpg
176 KB, 650x887
>>5596008
Nah, they've been doing really well lately on other stuff. Like their Bruce Lee is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>5595660
Give the Figma bushier hair and it'd sorta look like a young Jackie Chan, actually.
>>
Bandai is old old big ass toy company who through fails with d-arts not long ago began trying to make humanoid shit for adult collector audiences wider than tokufags. GSC's articulated things were born from Haruhi and their moeclones targeted at otakus, 3 or 4 years they were ahead of huge and slow Bandai thanks to some meme figures (Billy), but. They both overgrew their respective nerd audiences and now LITERALLY BEFORE OUR OWN EYES GUYS are competing in the exact same field of movies and other pop culture. It's history in the making worth a nice illustrated brochure.
>>
>>5595660
Left is better
>>
>>5596886
Bruce Lee would have never been a D-arts.
>>
>>5595660
Wasn't aware he was a school girl
>>
File: ba59.jpg (110 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
ba59.jpg
110 KB, 560x560
>>5596474
Except that's bullshit and the sculpts are on par with Figmas from 2009. Melody and Rhythm's arms and legs are literal shapeless tubes. Compare them to something like the Love Live figmas who have actual shape and contours to their limbs.

At least Bandai finally realized they shouldn't make the hair out of solid plastic so heavy it breaks their neck joints, but they can still barely stand up on their own.
>>
File: o0375050010368003728.jpg (123 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
o0375050010368003728.jpg
123 KB, 375x500
Adding to my previous post, this is a Precure figma made by a Max Factory sculptor for an in-house contest from YEARS ago and it still looks way better than anything Bandai shits out today.
>>
>Buying figures with your dick

Both are shit.
>>
Figma for waifus, Figuarts for toku and occasionally everything else.
>>
>>5597948
low quality b8
>>
>>5596867
Jesus, that figure looks like he has two hamster shits glued to his lip.

Facial hair on 1/12 figures should only be sculpted if it's extremely bushy/prominent. Otherwise tampos/paint is a better way of doing it.
>>
>>5594907

Figuarts is for toku and realism.

Figma is for waifus and asses.
>>
>>5600602

Its a figure from the fucking 1980s.

Your parents probably weren't even born yet, you little faggot.
>>
>>5600644
That's not the point. You were the one that claimed that "even 80s figures did it right" by sculpting on the moustache even though it quite obviously looks like shit on that figure (and would probably look better if they had just painted it on).

TLDR:
>Claims sculpted facial hair is always better than paint
>Uses shitty example to attempt to demonstrate his point
>Gets assblasted when someone points out it's a shitty example
>>
>>5600659

I'm not even the guy who originally posted the pic, dimwit. Just that it is a figure from over 30 years ago, where practices were a lot different.

3 3/4 GI Joes were among the best figures that existed in the late 80s/early 90s.

Paint was as all over the place back then as it is now, and doing things decal wasn't as common. Plus, you still get decals that are off, because those figures had sigils/emblems/rank markers/etc. that were sometimes skewed as they are today.

And these were $2~$3 figures.
>>
>>5600668
Perhaps they were the best figures that existed then. Still doesn't make it any less of a shit example (primarily because as you say, it is an old as fuck figure). If the guy wanted to make a proper case he should have used a picture of a relatively modern figure with an actually decent headsculpt.
>>
>>5596867

Jesus, Lonzo's having flashbacks to the Nam again isn't he?
>>
File: TOMOYO@@@.jpg (93 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
TOMOYO@@@.jpg
93 KB, 550x800
They really dropped the ball with Tomoyo. For some reason she is not cute nor moe like Tomoyo was in the anime.
>>
>figma wins

My autismeter went crazy, it's almost like i'm browsing /v/ with their petty brand loyalty fueled fights.
>>
File: hitler miniature.jpg (132 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
hitler miniature.jpg
132 KB, 800x800
>>5600672
>>5600659
>missing the point this much
The point is that even way back in the 80s (and before), sculptors knew they had to sculpt in details like that, even when the sculpts from then are mushy as fuck because of the belief better details wouldn't show.

Details like mustaches supposed to be sculpted in and has been in practice for millenia.
Is it a shock that that figure looks bad because they're lazy about sculpting important details in, because they're just printing shit like some LEGO figure? Nope.
It's par the course.

Even minis that are two times smaller than GI Joes will sculpt those details in. Shock and awe, it looks good and accurate even without any paint.
>>
>>5599021
Looks worse than the actual Black Figuart desu
>>
>>5594907
You're using moe school girls as the litmus test to determine if a line is good or not?

Holy god you are a failure in life.
>>
>>5602433

That Hitler sculpt is excellent. I want to pledge my allegiance to it.
>>
>>5602433
Where can I get that Hitler? I need it for my Hitler shrine.
>>
>>5602450
>>5602451
Trust me, the final product has some pretty shitty QC going on. I keep hearing people complaining about how theirs has a hole in the head.
>>
>>5602453
sounds like they don't shake out the bubbles.
>>
File: 10334570.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
10334570.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
>>5594907
>I never saw one figuart school girl figure that looked good.
Well there's your problem. You're a grown man buying faggy shit like little anime schoolgirl toys instead of figures for grown men.
>>
File: 1401200013935.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1401200013935.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
>>5602531
>>5602442
>>5596138
> all these insecurefags projecting hard
>>
Bandai's always been better at non waifus.
With few exceptions if any, every time there's a non anime Figma it ends up being terrible. Max factory has a specific "style" that just doesn't apply outside of clean 2d characters (the silent hills figmas aren't even by max factory).
That being said bandai's been getting better recently. Android 18 should be decent proof that bandai can make waifus, but it's better they prioritize elsewhere.
I thought we knew this already.
>>
>>5602561
We do, this is just a brand-war-bait/newfag thread.
>>
File: 1395717468678.jpg (6 KB, 257x181) Image search: [Google]
1395717468678.jpg
6 KB, 257x181
>>5602548
Do you have a buzzword to defend your virginity, too?
>>
>>5602433
>Details like mustaches supposed to be sculpted in and has been in practice for millenia.

Depends on the size of the figure and the bushyness of the moustache. If it's a really bushy, "3D" moustache then sure, sculpt it (just don't go overboard). If it's a fairly flat moustache then paint/a tampograph will do fine.

>Is it a shock that that figure looks bad because they're lazy about sculpting important details in, because they're just printing shit like some LEGO figure? Nope. It's par the course.
Are you still talking about Figuarts Freddie Mercury? Because he looks just fine. Had they sculpted the moustache it probably would have looked really weird.

>Even minis that are two times smaller than GI Joes will sculpt those details in. Shock and awe, it looks good and accurate even without any paint.
I collect Warhammer 40'000 minis- roughly 28mm scale. And even with the deliberately stylized scale, attempting to sculpt on minor facial hair details rarely works unless it's a big twirly moustache or a huge beard or something.

That Hitler miniature looks like he's got a swollen upper lip.

Wait a minute...
>Utterly impervious to reason
>Obsessed with muh sculpt
>Shitposting in a thread about Bandai products

I've been arguing with Subjecttranny again haven't I? Come back when you get the courage to cut your dick off.
>>
File: hitler mini.jpg (102 KB, 932x1024) Image search: [Google]
hitler mini.jpg
102 KB, 932x1024
>>5602659
>all these excuses on why a figure shouldn't have sculpted details, despite the fact that less detailed figures look bad (that Stalker and that Freddie) and more detailed figures look accurate
Spoken like someone making shit up to excuse poorly done figures because your favorite company doesn't sculpt humans so good

Also, it's really unfair to bring up WH stuff, considering the fact that they're all really cartoony.
>>
>>5602678
>M-Muh sculpt! Nothing matters except SCULPT!

Fuck off Subjecttranny. Go lick Greg's arsehole or something.
>>
>>5602682
>upset that all good sculptors will sculpt all the important details
>can't come up with a good argument against good artists and sculptures
>uuuur subjectanon!!!!! and that means im right!!!!!!!!!
uh huh
>>
File: Justdoit.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Justdoit.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
>>5602688
>Fairly flat moustache with barely any texture that would even be perceivable at 1/12 scale
>Important detail worth sculpting
You're a fucking idiot. Also you're a failed tranny so we can discount anything you say as the results of crippling mental illness.
>>
>>5602701
>still falling for subjectanon
Really, man?
>>
File: cure black figma vs figuarts.jpg (201 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cure black figma vs figuarts.jpg
201 KB, 600x450
>>5602439
>Looks worse than the actual Black Figuart desu

I actually think most Precure figuarts look OK, but you're nuts if you seriously believe the figuarts Cure Black looks better than that figma. The faces are some of the worst of the line, the figure doesn't really look like Nagisa.

The Max Heart version is way better in that regard and that's the one I own. I really like the faces on that one, but they are more like an idealized version of the character than the actual looks from the show.

Bandai needs to step up their game in regards to female characters. They should take a look at the accuracy and quality of the figma eye prints and the way they outline the mouths (they should stop already with the red line they always use).

I'm not a brand loyalist, the best case scenario for me is both figuarts and figma anime characters having the same quality, that's why I want Bandai to continue improving.
>>
>>5602899
>Bandai needs to step up their game in regards to female characters
Hope you aren't referring to Cure Black there as an example.
>>
>>5602903
>Hope you aren't referring to Cure Black there as an example.

No, I'm well aware that Bandai has improved a lot since then (and I'm really glad they did), that's why I said that most PreCure figuarts look good to me. But they still need to improve in regards to their female faces, I'm sure that if Max Factory released those same PreCure characters they would look somewhat better than the Figuarts. Not like it's going to happen because the franchise is in Bandai hands right now, but it's just an example.

Bandai is improving a lot, but for some reason figma faces still look better and more accurate to me most of the time. As I said before, I think it's because of the way Max Factory does the eye prints and outline the mouths. The faces just look more lively and accurate to the source.
>>
File: SHF_darthMaul.jpg (74 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
SHF_darthMaul.jpg
74 KB, 400x226
>>5602678
>>5602688
Oh gawd, this nigger again.
Some of you may remember the old SHF Darth Maul subjectautismo thread.

His main criticism was that the bandai etched in the lines for the face paint pattern, therefore Black series superior sculpt.

Now he's complaining that a strip of hair isn't molded on a figure's lip. I'm sure he'll say something like
"not an important detail!" or "b-but muh-stache is raised off the skin several mm more than f-facepaint, y-you fucking weeb!"

I don't really care what his shit reasoning is. The point is, he turns on his turboautism when it suits him.
>>
>>5602923
Ah, I see.
I personally don't really care about this (as there's pretty much no female characters whatsoever I'd buy), but it pains me to see a very large company fail to bring a decent product. Thankfully they are getting better (SW, Kinnikuman, Ranma), but I feel that this recent quality, aside from the face-printing tech, should have been the standard long ago.
>>
>>5602899
To be fair, the figmas shoulders and skirt look like they wouldn't allow for good action poses.
>>
>>5602548
It's "projecting" when you make fun of a grown man that wants to make the toy of an underaged chinese cartoon character into their wife?

Uh... alright.
>>
>>5603003
Your very post is projection incarnate.

I can also do the same and say that people who buy burly musclemen figures are all turbofags. See? It's the very same shit you're doing.
>>
>>5603045
>I can also do the same and say that people who buy burly musclemen figures are all turbofags
...So you're a turbofag who buys big, hunky muscleman figures? Alright.
>>
>>5603057
> ellipses
Don't you have school this morning?

>>5602899
The custom figma took too many liberties judging by the way the original art looks. About the only part that really looks better is the seamless shoulders.
>>
>>5603065
I see somebody wants to change the topic by focusing over something so trivial. I mean, considering they just admitted that they're a turbofag who buys burly musclemen figures, I'm not surprised.

There's nothing wrong with that, friend.
>>
>>5603065
Forgot pic

>>5603069
I'm not the guy you were going back and forth with up there but it's pretty clear you're completely unaware of 4chan's hate for ellipses.
>>
>>5603045
So you're saying the potential homosexuality of others is on an equal level of shame to your obvious pedophilia?

Uh... alright.
>>
>>5603089
More so I'd say.
>>
>>5603081
>you're completely unaware of 4chan's hate for ellipses.
...Is that true...I see...
XD
T_T autists....
>>
File: figuarts darth botched.jpg (458 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
figuarts darth botched.jpg
458 KB, 768x1024
>>5602701
>still saying I'm wrong just because SUBJECTANON!!!!, despite the fact that all good sculptors will sculpt in a mustache, great sculpts in all scales will have important details like that sculpted in, and the fact Figuarts Freddie has been criticized by nearly everyone here for not looking as good as he should
yes, I'm wrong because subjectanon and literally everything you hate.

>>5602934
>all this butthurt and strawmanning just because i said it's stupid to carve in the lines
Honestly, i really didn't say anything negatve about that figure besides that, but whatever, enjoy it looking worse when the paint apps aren't exact.

A lot of people wouldn't notice this if the lines weren't carved into his face.
>>
>>5602531
>figures for grown men.
ayyy
>>
>>5603607
>Hates figures when they don't have sculpted detail
>Hates figures when they DO have sculpted detail

Go to hell you mentally deficient piece of shit.
>>
>>5603634
>implying tattoos are engraved onto people's faces
>still doesn't get hte fact that misprints on an engraved face look worse than if it was without the carved lines where most wouldn't notice
sure is retard confusing drawings with 3d objects.
>>
>>5603607
Subjectanon, you seem really lively. Glad to see that botched tranny operation isn't affecting your spirits. :^)
>>
File: FIGURE-013701_06.jpg (76 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-013701_06.jpg
76 KB, 533x800
Is anyone else sort of excited to see how Leonidas turns out? If the UV printing stuff ends up looking good then maybe realistic figma can start rivaling SHF quality.
>>
>>5603915
I'm a figmafag. But I think it's gonna be a big flop like Lee. They are just releasing him so they don't waste the money they've spent on the licence.
>>
File: bluce ree.jpg (26 KB, 564x375) Image search: [Google]
bluce ree.jpg
26 KB, 564x375
Prototypes rarely change though.

Lee always looked bad, whereas that Butler actually has a fineass sculpt that looks like Butler.
The only way they'll screw up is if they completely fuck up the paint, and i mean WITH paint, because as a colored plastic only figure, it'd still look good.
>>
>>5604046
>The only way they'll screw up is if they completely fuck up the paint, and i mean WITH paint, because as a colored plastic only figure, it'd still look good.

Remember figma Snake.
>>
>>5602923

MaxFac actually seems to put some thought into their LL faceplates. You can tell that whoever works on them knows the show and the characters. They take some liberties with the expressions but it's only to emphasize the emotion more.

Meanwhile, Bandai just phones it in with the usual forward smile, forward open smile, closed eyes, disguntled frown combo they use for ALL THEIR GIRLS.

And Nozomi has no thick thighs. For shame.
>>
File: Snakefigma_03-1030x824.jpg (147 KB, 1030x824) Image search: [Google]
Snakefigma_03-1030x824.jpg
147 KB, 1030x824
>>5604063
>barely detailed cartoony face
>shit paint job
No shit it ends up looking bad.

I'm not even a fan of any of the "fixes" customizers have made.
It's just a really poor sculpt overall.
The best I've seen is someone just blurring it up and painting the face darker, but ugh, bad sculpt. Not like most of the polygonal models are any good either.
>>
File: figmasnake_tobaccoteeth.jpg (155 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
figmasnake_tobaccoteeth.jpg
155 KB, 900x900
>>5604046
Let us never forget how Snake turned out.
>>
>>5603607
>everyone is wrong except me!! I am literally autistic.

You haven't been shamed enough to leave yet, Vincent? You and I both know that the Tranny stuff isn't all there is.
>>
File: MLKjBus.jpg (37 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
MLKjBus.jpg
37 KB, 620x350
>>5604759
>everyone is wrong except me!!
Other way around, dude.
Everyone else is right, except for you.

All good artists and all good sculptures/toys/etc will feature sculpted mustaches. Cheapo kids crap have an excuse, because they're kid friendly styles. When something tries to be realistic and doesn't sculpt that important feature? It looks bad, like Freddie.

Your only defense about that?
>I hate you SubjectAnon and that means you're wrrrrrrong! I will believe everything bad anyone says about you because I'm THAT butthurt about you!! waah waah wahh
>>
>>5604011
>But I think it's gonna be a big flop like Lee.

I hope so, cause I sure as hell ain't paying 6k for him
>>
>>5605354

I literally just popped into this thread to make that post. I don't even know what you're arguing about, something retarded no doubt. I can see how your autism would make you think everyones the same person though.

Hows your dad? Are you still traumatized from seeing him naked in the shower?
>>
File: 153343__468x_datsu-nhk.gif (20 KB, 467x224) Image search: [Google]
153343__468x_datsu-nhk.gif
20 KB, 467x224
>>5605354
Not him, but you've got quite a persecution complex there.
People don't disagree with and hate you because you're subjectanon, they disagree with and hate you because your arguments are ridiculous.
Since you refuse to use a trip, the only way we can identify you is from your arguments, and general posting "style"

>"No sculpted mustache? terrible sculpt, not perfect like hasbro!"
>"Sculpted facepaint? terrible sculpt, not perfect like hasbro!"

I believe in you Subjectanon, I believe you can change your cancerous ways.
You can evolve and change from a talking tumor with legs into a real human bean.
>>
>>5604113
I agree.

You can feel whoever does the figmas at MaxFac actually faps to the girls he is doing the figures.

While at Bandai there is a souless worker who is there just doing his job.
>>
>>5605386
This figure flopping would suck really hard for the company and the chances of them doing more licenses like that, but frankly it would be fantastic for collectors since we can get a bunch of cheap muscle guys as army builders.
>>
Figma is good if all you wanna do is collect waifus and awful recreations of celebrities.
Otherwise figuarts has everything else.
>>
>>5605574
>Not him, but you've got quite a persecution complex there.
oh ho ho
You don't seem to understand what a persecution complex is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecutory_delusion
>an irrational and obsessive feeling or fear that one is the object of collective hostility or ill-treatment on the part of others.
There is no conspiracy or anything of the sort when people just claim someone is me just because they don't like a Figuarts.
>your arguments are ridiculous.
>It's ridiculous that great sculptors will sculpt in beards and mustaches
Such delusions.
You sure you're not the one with a persecution complex, and are only just projecting? Thinking I'm only hating on something because it's Japanese made and that I'm samefagging?

You're utterly pathological, especially with the way you think only Hasbro has sculptors who actually know what they're doing, even though I've shown and talked about so many other examples of great sculptors and even bad ones, who understand important details need to be sculpted.

Poor misunderstood Bandai, getting hated because they're too lazy to sculpt in important details, like Mattel does with their toys from time to time
>>
I wish they would show some evidence that the Doremi figuarts aren't dead in the water.
>>
>>5607734
That figure looks like shit, but the tassle is the least of its worries. Awful paint, shitty 90-degree joints, and a weird, misproportioned sculpt.

>Too lazy to sculpt on important details
This shit again? Dude, Freddie's moustache was never that bushy. If they sculpted it on it would look weird. The figure is absolutely fine as is. You're just completely obsessed with every single little detail being sculpted regardless of whether it actually makes sense to do so. Not to mention your obsession with sculpt above all else, including articulation, engineering and paint.

Honestly you should just collect garage kit statueshit, so you can glue it together and admire the sculpt without that pesky paint or joint cuts getting in the way. In the meantime, take your floppy tranny dick somewhere else.
>>
File: pirates toy.jpg (128 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
pirates toy.jpg
128 KB, 1008x1008
>>5607808
> The figure is absolutely fine as is.
And yet, people have made complaints about how bad it looks
>You're just completely obsessed with every single little detail being sculpted regardless of whether it actually makes sense to do so
And you're just defending it just because it's a Bandai product.

> Not to mention your obsession with sculpt above all else, including articulation, engineering and paint.
Like iwth the Hasbro delusion you have about me, this is just you strawmanning.
I've said many times, including in this thread, that paint can be just as important, if not more, than a sculpt.

When making something realistic, you need to sculpt those important details. It's why great looking figures look as great as they do.

But please, keep trying to say I'm wrong or doesn't make sense, even though what I've said is the truth for millions, if not billions, of sculptures everywhere around the world.

Not sculpting something because it doesn't "actually makes sense" is one of the most shitarded defenses I've ever heard for lazyass Mattel-quality figures.
>>
>>5607823
>And yet, people have made complaints about how bad it looks
Aww look, it thinks it's people!
>And you're just defending it just because it's a Bandai product.
Yeah, no. I'm by no means a Bandai defence lawyer- they've made some absolute shit before, like the Injustice Superman, and they've made some good figures that are simply outclassed by their competitors (like Sakura Kinomoto). Freddie on the other hand has no competitors and is a perfectly decent figure.

>When making something realistic, you need to sculpt those important details. It's why great looking figures look as great as they do.
Define "great looking figures". Because I know you defend Marvel Legends and a lot of them look like shit. And that's not even getting into the fact that there's a great deal more to a good figure than looks, notably engineering, articulation and build quality, something a lot of "affordable collector's figures" fail on (gummy plastic and stuck/fragile joints being main complaints). If you're talking about the figure in your picture, it makes sense for it to be sculpted there because Jack Sparrow has a more prominent moustache than Freddie Mercury.
>But please, keep trying to say I'm wrong or doesn't make sense, even though what I've said is the truth for millions, if not billions, of sculptures everywhere around the world.
But these aren't sculptures you fucking halfwit. They're toys. Sculptures are usually a lot bigger than toys, and thus have more room for sculpted detail. At 6"/1:12 scale, actually sculpting some details (like flat, non-bushy facial hair) looks over-exaggerated or weird.

If it was a Hot Toys figure then maybe you'd have a point, but at 6" sculpting on Freddie's moustache would probably look awful.
>Not sculpting something because it doesn't "actually makes sense" is one of the most shitarded defenses I've ever heard for lazyass Mattel-quality figures.
So now MUH SCULPT trumps common sense according to you. Jesus you're fucking retarded.
>>
File: joker 1966.jpg (448 KB, 1008x539) Image search: [Google]
joker 1966.jpg
448 KB, 1008x539
>>5607844
>a toy isn't a sculpture
lol
are you the guy who doesn't know what MSRP means?

>it makes sense for it to be sculpted there because Jack Sparrow has a more prominent moustache than Freddie Mercury.
>just got done saying mustaches looks bad in 6"
lol
and your memory is shit.

Fine, if you're just going to plug your ears and close your eyes to the images I've been posting, enjoy your Mattel quality sculpts.
There's nothing i can say because blahblahblaheverythingisayisfallingondeafearsofthedeludedsostrawmanmesomemoreblahblahblah
>>
>>5607853
I didn't say sculpted moustaches always look bad in 6" you massive faggot. I said that if they're not particularly prominent that they don't need to be sculpted. But why am I even bothering to argue with you, you're obviously just a shitty troll.
>>
>>5607734
>There is no conspiracy or anything of the sort when people just claim someone is me just because they don't like a Figuarts.
what the fuck are you even blathering about you moron?

"You pointed out my inconsistent, nonsensical arguments, you must believe only Hasbro has good sculptors that sculpt mustaches!"
I could've used DCC, you seem to cream your pants over that company's mustaches as well.

You're breaking new olympic records with your heights of retardation, subjectanon.
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.