[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What just happen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: MG_2.jpg (273 KB, 690x372) Image search: [Google]
MG_2.jpg
273 KB, 690x372
We are getting the last MG in a few weeks and for the firts time we have no idea wicht model is next....bandai is realy slowing down MG
>>
>MG

Due to the slow economic, Banda has not been focusing on MG for the past few years.
HG is the main game now.

Which bring us to guess what will be HG(UC) 199 and 200.
Please be turn X
>>
I tink the problem is that we have many lines now (RG - Re/100 and this Iron blood 1/100. All of this eating the manpower to produce more MG (also starwars)
>>
Bandai is running low on "Safe" releases for the MG line and are slowing down on regular MG releases as a result.

MG are much more risky than hg and rg due to their price. So they are carefull about what they release in MG, which is why outside of UC kits they are mostly just the lead gundams and feature a lot of frame reuse in recent years. However, bandai are running low on designs they consider to be safe and are unwilling to release more risky designs as regular releases, so they are slowing down on releases for the line as a result.

Instead, they've been experimenting with other 1/100 lines that are simpler or have lower parts count but retain some mg-like detail and features. They are cheaper than regular mg and it allows them to feel safer releasing some of the more risky designs in 1/100.
>>
>>5592005
>We are getting the last MG in a few weeks and for the firts time we have no idea wicht model is next

Thunderbolt was confirmed to be getting MG kits.
>>
>>5592053
yes but we dont have prototipes or aniting, they just say that they are going to do it somday. WE HAVE no idea what is the next one and we alredy have the last one
>>
Also i dont want another RX 78 variant.....holy shit for real why people keep buying this think
>>
MG Xi when?
>>
>>5592063
They alredy say that one may get a RE/100
also kasatria
>>
>>5592059
>Iconic
>Popular
>Often uses the newest gunpla engineering so the kits are usually great quality
>Every mechanical designer wants to take a crack at redesigning it

I still think it was funny when a few years ago bandai ran a poll of the top favorite MG kits and rx-78-2 took like 3-5 spots.
>>
>>5592083
i wonder why they dont make a 2.0 of rx 78 2 ver ka.....My hopes now are 2.0 of everyting at least....many models deserve it
>>
>>5592043
And now they have macross delta kits. The 1/72 valks require the same amount of time to develop as mg kits.
>>
>>5592093
mm maybe, but i dont see much diference on the frame desing there. The new plane looks totaly new but the other one is prety much the same
>>
>>5592005
MG has been confirmed kill since that list of RE kits being planned was announced. We're living in the shitty dimension where the GN-X has a MG, but neither the Jegan nor Leo ever will.(probably) I mean, I love the GN-X design but it's no Leo.
>>
>>5592133
I always thought it was fucking bizarre that the GN-X got a MG. Like, was it THAT popular? I'm loving the RE/100 line though, so whatever. Bring on the Leo.
>>
>>5592294
Popular and it reuses some of the exia frame iirc.
>>
>>5592294
I like the RE/100 but it takes alot of work (thanks god i can paint) i still prefer MG....it make everyting easyer.

Now since i just don stright build i have MANY mg to buy....its not that im runing out of kids. I just want to know the future of this line
>>
>>5592294
The story goes that they asked an executive what his favorite 00 design was.

By all accounts 00 was pretty much a disappointment gunpla wise. Not only was everything so unpopular that they only released Setsuna's stuff in MG, it actually led to the big push to P-Bandai (rather than endless TRANS-AM HG variants and three releases of a grunt for three different pilots).

Also good lord OP, learn to fucking spell.
>>
Also the future of the MG line is that it will continue to exist, but it is going to slow down to probably just Guaranteed Christmas Release + A Few P-Bandai Variants + Maybe Something For Spring/Summer/Fall.

It's not going to die, and you're bring silly if you think Bandai would ever just kill their longest running brand.
>>
>>5592469
It won't "die", but endless RX 78's, protag Gundams, and occasional a Char suits don't sound so appealing either.
>>
>>5592005
I was wondering if IBO 1/100 has also taken up some of the original allocation space meant for MGs.

Dec - MG V2 Gundam
Jan - RG Wing Gundam EW
Feb - 1/100 IBO Gusion
Mar - 1/100 IBO x2
April - Efreet, Freedom Ver.2, IBO Grimgerde.
May - RG Quanta

They also rehash frames for RG.
>>
>>5592493
yea....it looks like they finish that wish list people made years ago (the one where Turn X and the O where in the Top MG wish list) and now we are just geting reused rx 78 2 frames...i dont even know if we are geting lead suits anymore since Age 3, FX, build burning, G self have no MG. Im sure Barbatos is going to get a MG since people is buying barbatos everywhere.
>>
>>5592508
Wonder if they'll do new 3.0 style hands for Barbatos.
HAH, just kidding. I know it'll be wing style.
>>
>>5592493
Maybe to you.
>>
>>5592516
IBO weapons cant use 3.0 hands realy. wing style fits them well
>>
>>5592516
IBO's weapons are so unwieldy in general that I wouldn't accept anything but the swappable hands.
>>
>>5592520
>>5592533
The only thing I can see being an issue is the mace, but that'd be a strain on the wrists regardless of the hands any way. Everything else would work fine using the double tab system.
>>
just wait til the 50th anniversary of 0079 for a remastered series based on the Origin designs and we'll get the MG Revive series with all new RX-78s Char's Zakus and maybe one Dom or GM. Don't forget remakes of:
>RX-78G
>RX-781
>RX-783
>RX-784
>RX-784
>RX-785
>RX-781 FA
>Zaku II
>Zaku II Dozle
>Zaku II F2
>Zaku II Marine
>Zaku II Gunner
>Zaku II Minelayer
>Zaku II Kai
>Zaku II High Mobility Test Type
>>
>>5592005
We speak English on this board, son.
>>
>>5592723
people still got what i wanted to say. I know my english is horrible.
>>
They've been releasing MGs as P-Bandai now.
Look at Amazing Exia
>>
>>5592906
altron is the worst P bandai they have come......I know is just color swap and 2 weapons.....but thay cant take it apart of the deathcythe and wing zero EW
>>
>>5592910
Wing fans can just suck it up, you got the entire Operation Meteor set as regular releases already. Even Wing vEW, which by all means should have been P-Bandai since it's just a fucking recolor.

You want real suffering, try being a fan of literally any other AU but SEED.
>>
>>5592998
Yeah I hear you, I am still waiting for Gundam 00 to hit a significant anniversary so we can maybe get a MG Dynames.
>>
>>5592009
>Due to the slow economic

It's due to there being no more guaranteed to sell designs to produce, also Star Wars took a lot of talent with it
>>
>>5592133
I'd rather have a RE/100 GN-X as opposed to the floppy MG
>>
>>5592467
>Not only was everything so unpopular that they only released Setsuna's stuff in MG, it actually led to the big push to P-Bandai

Sounds like bullshit. The P-Bandai push didn't really start until after AGE ended
>>
>>5593041
HG GNX-IV is enough
oh wait, whole RG CB Gundams too
>>
>>5592050
>mostly lead Gundams
>There's MG Strike Noir but no Stargazer
This is one big bullshit
>>
>>5593238
he did say frame reuse. stargazer will need a new frame, and bandai are a bunch of lazy buttwipes
>>
>>5593239
I know, I'm still mad they made the MG Noir before Stargazer when that's the actual Gundam with the title name
>>
>>5593238
I said safe releases. Stargazer isn't popular enough for Bandai to feel safe releasing it.
>>
>>5592059
It's the brand's Pikachu, dawg. Simple & plain, mascot status.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.