[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I kind of want to buy a Wonder Woman Barbie, but I want to open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11
File: 71SbOo8QlJL._SL1479_.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1479) Image search: [Google]
71SbOo8QlJL._SL1479_.jpg
186 KB, 1000x1479
I kind of want to buy a Wonder Woman Barbie, but I want to open it.

As a straight 29 year old male who is trying to get laid, I'll never display it really, but having a Wonder Woman figure appeals to me as a comic fan, especially with the Barbie overlap.

I feel like this will be worth something one day, but it's costly, so I'm reluctant either way.

Should I buy it? Should I open it? Does /toy/ open collectables or keep them boxed?
>>
>>5589829 Do what the fuck ever, you are a 29 year old man buy whatever the hell you want. if you are worried about going up in price then buy 2. open 1 and save the other
>>
File: IMG_20160301_200305587_TOP.jpg (2 MB, 1503x2672) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160301_200305587_TOP.jpg
2 MB, 1503x2672
>>5589829
It's your toy do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>5589829
Buddy I have 50+ Monster High and Ever After High dolls. I stopped caring what other people think of them long ago.
Liking dolls doesn't make you gay or immature in any way.
>>
Don't need a real woman when you got a Wonder Woman.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 960x720
>>5589829
>wants a Wonder Woman doll
>wants a woman
Just wait until the life sized Hot Toys Wonder Woman comes out and slap a fleshlight on it. Two birds with one stone.
>>
>>5590039
That's like a real doll type thing... Want.
>>
>>5589829
Fun fact: Barbie is based on a European doll specifically designed for men.
>>
>>5589829
Are you sure you're a straight 29 y/o man? You sound like a little baby faggot to me.
Anyway, I keep my Barbies in their boxes, I don't really plan on selling them but I don't really have any interest in playing with them. They tend to come in pretty nice boxes too.
>>
>>5589829
If you're that worried about a doll why not buy a hot toys? It's at least a little more write offable.

My desk is covered in at least a couple toys in disrepair and minifigs/miniatures/paints/brushes ect in an organized state of chaos. Would it snap shut a vagina like a bear trap? Probably. Do I care? Not really.
>>
>>5590039
Hot Toys is releasing a 1/1 life size First Order Stormtrooper, They are also releasing life size Batman and Armored Batman.
>>
>>5590039
>>5591025

OP back... yeah, definitely sure I'm straight. I don't want to "play" with it, but posing and such seems more appealing than just letting it sit there strapped into a box, but at the same time, if it became worth something one day, I'd regret opening it to pose when I'd probably inevitably put it away in a box somewhere regardless.

The price is the differentiator. A Hot Toys figure costs like $200-$300, from what I've seen, not so with this Wonder Woman.

I was more hoping this thread would become about "do you open potential collectors figure toys" than "am I gay for wanting a 'girls' toy," but whatever, I can handle it.
>>
>>5591203
>I was more hoping this thread would become about "do you open potential collectors figure toys" than "am I gay for wanting a 'girls' toy,"

this may be /toy/ but it is still the internet.
>>
>>5591203
>"do you open potential collectors figure toys"
No, because we live in the 2010s, where "adult collector action figure" is meaningless. It's a toy meant for kids. Quality and accessories / joints have been going down drastically for years. None of the toys people expected to become valuable in the last 10-15 years have done so. Beanie Babies, and Vintage Star Wars figures, those aren't things you should think about when buying toys. They're the exception, not the rule. The amount of people who keep shit mint-in-box these days in the hopes it'll become valuable, ironically, are the same reason none of these things are becoming rare enough to become valuable.

So. You're a person with money (gender and demographic irrelevant.) There's a toy you want.

1. Do you like it? Yes/no.
2. Do you want it? yes/no.
3. Will you still like/want it in a few months or is it just a random impulse / attempt at easy money in the future?

That's how toy collecting works, generally.
>>
>>5589829
>not buying from that DC girls line
>>
>>5591279

You have a point. I guess I maybe got a little too compelled by other comic related Barbies going for over $100, which really, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't mean much. I forget that I spend that much on food & drinks most days.
>>
>>5589829
I don't have a single doll but I really like this one.
>>
File: 1451626116816s.jpg (6 KB, 170x250) Image search: [Google]
1451626116816s.jpg
6 KB, 170x250
>>5589955
>fashion dolls
>not gay
>>
>>5591203
that's why you buy 2.
>>
File: IMG_0209.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0209.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>5591784

> buying little plastic women that can take off their clothes is more gay than buying figures of spandex clad muscular men

/toy logic
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 1100x733
>>5589829
If this one is too expensive for you, Mattel have made a playline range of DC girls, they don't look as nice as this Barbie but it's still Wonder Woman if you just like the character.
>>
OP you're 29 and still trying to get laid. The barbie would be the least of your problems.
>>
>no midriff
>>
>>5592856
THIS. Prioritize OP. Maybe wait on the Barbie after you manage to get laid. Think of it as a reward of sorts.

It's not like if having the Barbie will prevent you from getting some poonani---since you will hide, as you should---it's more of a priorities thing, the concept, if you will, behind what you do. And I mean this in goodwill. At the end, it's your life though, just choose wisely.
>>
File: girl toys.jpg (205 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
girl toys.jpg
205 KB, 375x500
>>5591889
>toys are used primarily for role playing
>guy wants to role play as girl
>not a homosexual
I guess if you're only buying toys to display, you're not buying it to pretend to be a titty monster and are just ronery
>>
>>5591780

Yeah, I'm OP, and this is how I feel. I don't buy dolls but I thought it looked pretty good, better than a pure chunk of plastic.

>>5592087

I saw these, but I don't really just want "a doll," it's this particular sculpt and style I think looks appealing.

>>5592856
>>5592957

I get laid. This kind of thing being in my house would probably lower how often I get laid.

>>5593048
I have a couple of toys and I don't "play" with them. Or role play, or whatever you want to call it. I'm not lonely. I find it aesthetically pleasing, and not in that I want to cum on it.
>>
>>5593071
>I get laid. This kind of thing being in my house would probably lower how often I get laid.

Gotcha. This gave me a different impression:

>As a straight 29 year old male who is trying to get laid

Well then, just buy it and enjoy it, just hide it when you're looking to get laid.
>>
>>5591203
If it makes you feel better, the new articulation on the Barbies is pretty comparable to nicer action figures now. She also has a more realistic fit body and very different looking face. You could probably get away with telling people she's actually a 1/6 action figure instead, especially if they're unfamiliar with anything past the 80s/90s bent arm rubber leg corset body Barbies.
>>
>>5589829
You, yes you OP, you made me go out and buy her. I like that she is fairly articulated, though the midsection isnt part of that. She is fairly tall, fairly decently made - and i dont feel bad for buying her. I also have a Hunger Games Katniss Barbie doll - and both now are sitting on a shelf together.
>>
>>5593374
Post a pic
>>
>>5593048
In order to "roleplay" with your toys, that implies only playing with toys, adult collectors don't play with toys, we collect them, there's a difference.

Who cares if somebody's a male barbie collector, it's not my thing, my thing is lego and Neca, but who cares if somebody's thing is Barbie?
>>
File: Justice League Wonder Woman.jpg (1 MB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
Justice League Wonder Woman.jpg
1 MB, 2322x4128
Just buy this one, its the best Wonder Woman imo.
>>
>>5590039
This is coming out like any other Hot Toys figure you can just buy? I unironically want to fuck it but if its not articulated that may not be possible.
>>
>>5589829
>straight
>trying to get laid
BOOOO
>>
File: Marwencol_frontmatter_007.jpg (1 MB, 1614x1068) Image search: [Google]
Marwencol_frontmatter_007.jpg
1 MB, 1614x1068
>>5594810
>adult collectors don't play with toys,
This is fucking /toy/ and you're really spouting this shit?
Eat it.

>but who cares if somebody's thing is Barbie?
Why care about anything about being discussed on /toy/?

Don't like that you're associated with ronery collectors and guys wishing they were 8 foot giantess fashion models? Maybe you shouldn't be sharing that with anyone but your psychologist.
>>
It will never be worth anything someday. They make so much of this plastic shit nowadays that nothing holds value.
>>
>>5593048
What if you roleplay with a girl doll who is lesbians with another girl doll? Is this still homosexual?
>>
>>5595197
yes
>>
>>5593374
Yeah I do wish they'd have a 3 part torso. Though the 2 part is still far more ideal than the old twist-waist one.
>>
>>5595175
I think most of us have grown out of the 90s collecting-as-investment mindset by now. I know my shit isn't worth that much, but I'm buying it because I like it not because I think it will pay for my retirement houseboat.
>>
>>5594901
I don't like the face
>>
>>5592957
Why even hide? I mean, I keep my collectibles at my studio and girls come in go through the living room, bathroom, bedroom and maybe kitchen, they don't go around snooping at every room for reasons to judge me. Besides if they're at your house having merchandise from a pop culture blockbuster posing on your desk isn't any different than having a football jersey or relatively rare vynil hanging on a wall.

Having a bookshelf packed with MH dolls would be a bit different but then again you don't show off your every room and closet to flings, and someone more serious probably would understand your hobby and like you enough to not stop liking you because you collect dolls.
>>
>>5595197
You're roleplaying a homosexual woman.
You're double homosexual. Multiple instances of homosexualit don't cancel each other, they stack.
>>
>>5595451
This, I've been collecting toys for 20 years and the only ones that have appreciated considerably are Beast Machines Megatron because of gold plastic syndrome and some Playmobil.
In contrast my MTG collection appreciated overwhelminggly (I bought my lotus for $8) and I can sell quite a lot of videogames, rulebooks and other game pieces for way much more than I bought them despite being open and used.
>>
>>5594901
> dat bad paint job
> weird articulation
> looks like a WWE sports wrestling figure

Nah bro, barbie's better
>>
>>5595663

OP back...

Probably because it completely contrasts what you'd expect out of me in real life - that is, a pretty good looking marketing executive. I have some comic related stuff, and I don't hide my fandom, but I try to keep it classy and understated when it comes to collectibles.
>>
>>5589829
do what I did buy 2, I thought the same way you did that some where down the road it might maybe have some value being that it is the first theatrical Wonder Woman but Also i wanted to open it and display. So I bought 2 One to put away and one to open and display.
I did the same thing when Windblade came out she was the first "Fan built bot" so I bought 2 one to put away one to display.
I don't do that with everything just things that I think are special like the Wonder Barbie.
Now as for your "male who is trying to get laid" why would Wonder Woman prevent that? If you had one and it was in the pose from the OP pic that should be fine, if you have one sitting with legs spread touching herself then that might cause a problem.
Also it all depends on the girl you bring
home If they say anything about it you can just be honest and say you are a fan of the character and what she stands for and you thought it was cool to have and all that and some won't give it another thought and think that your sensitive and a great guy.
True some girls might not like it I brought one home and she went totally crazy and left when she seen all the Tomb Raider stuff I have in my living room but in the end you just have to say "fuck her" if she has a problem with it. So its up to you If you want to get 1 (or 2) then do it do let the fear of what others will think hinder you from enjoying your life/hobby.
>>
>>5594901
manface
>>
>>5594901
>worse articulation than Barbie
>no soft flowing hair
>no removable clothing (so she can become Diana Prince you perverts)
>molded non-useable lasso
>"the best"
>>
>>5589829
got around to seeing this thing in the plastic flesh and I have to admit, was disappoint. Maybe I picked up a bad one but the face was more manly, the hair really dull and just in general it was a very boring figure. I'd probably pay $30-$50 for it but in my country they're asking for $100.

What's the going US price?
>>
>>5600482

It's $44 on Amazon. Interesting info though, makes me unsure about buying it if the mold is inconsistent. I've only ever walked past one at a store, so I didn't have the time to stop and review.
>>
>>5600532
Like I said, its probably worth more along the $30-$50 line, but here was no way I was shelling out $100. The clothing and armour seems pretty good. OP's image definitely tones down the colour because it's closer to primary red and blue than matte metal - hair was flatter than 3 week old pepsi. If I got her she'd have to come out of box for proper styling no doubt. Even online reviews seem to have the hair coming out either as flat or frizzy.
>>
>>5600551

Hm, yeah, she does look kind of awkward in box. I'd have to unbox for sure.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.