[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best shipping meathod for Amiami? I've heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
What is the best shipping meathod for Amiami? I've heard EMS is shit
>>
>>5583304
SAL is for poor people. Fedex always gets me my shit within 3 or 4 days.
>>
File: EMS.png (47 KB, 750x802) Image search: [Google]
EMS.png
47 KB, 750x802
>>5583304
I get an order from them every month and go with EMS all the time, it generally goes like pic related, shipped to Alaska. Can't go wrong with that imo.
>>
>>5583304
Who told you that? I've been using EMS for years and the worst thing I can say about it is that sometimes your order gets held up in customs for a bit so it doesn't quite meet the "3-5 days" time promise. Other than that it's been nothing but excellent.

Ignore whoever told you these lies. EMS and FedEx (prob DHL too but I've never tried it personally) are god-tier. SAL and RSAL work okay, but they're unsafe and slow.
>>
>>5583311
I've just heard it costs a butt load. My stuff gets held for almost a week every time :/
>>
>>5583313
likely around ten more dollars than SAL/RSAL sure, but much faster and likely to be more reliable. I wouldn't go any less than RSAL myself but if it's a big order I don't usually mind shilling the extra few dollars if it's a smaller % of the total.
>>
>>5583313
It is a little pricey, but you pay for quality. I mean, it's rare, but SAL packages DO get lost from time to time, and when it happens, you're just screwed. You don't get your money back or anything, that's just it. You're taking a risk. Plus it's slow and all. RSAL is better since it has SOME insurance, but it's still slow, and obviously if the cost of your item exceeds the amount of insurance you won't get it all back in the event of a loss. EMS has never let me down and I don't imagine it ever will.

In any case, your phrasing was confusing. Pricey =/= shit. When you say "EMS is shit," people will assume you're talking about the quality of the service, not the cost.
>>
>>5583304

Maybe if you don't like your shit in 3 days.
>>
It's shit if you live in Canada and Europe because you'll get charged for customs of it exceeds ~2000y or so
>>
>forced into EMS only for two figures

Fucking 35 dollars shipping for 70 dollars worth of stuff.
>>
>>5583357
This

I'm only ordering 2 things, what should I choose?
>>
>>5583357
It's based on weight a lot of times SAL/RSAL have weight limits.

Also, screw anything less than EMS, I'll pay $35 and day of the week for it to take less than 3 weeks to get my stuff.
>>
>>5583366
Paying for EMS definitely adds up.
>>
EMS is the best IMO. It has priority in customs, will go through it faster than SAL or RSAL, also it gets treated better than fedex treats their stuff.
>>
>>5583366
>>5583335
poorfags who cant afford a trip to nippon everytime they want a figure.
much faster and reliable, cant you afford that?
>>
>>5583386
I don't agree with not paying EMS=poorfag or whatever, but you're being retarded too.
>>
>>5583377
Once a month isn't bad. Planning purchases is best instead of doing one and two shots at a time when you find something by chance.
>>
>>5583304
Dont know about other countries, but EMS here in kangarooland is less than 5 business days from posting to getting delivered.

Relatively cheap from experience compared to 1999.

SAL takes too long.
>>
>>5583401
If you're using EMS for large orders once or even twice a month, it's fair.

That really depends on what kind of figures you collect and what not, though. I personally don't buy many ongoing figures (most shit I want are either exclusives or discontinued stuff), so I get a lot of packages opposed to larger packages.
>>
>>5583418
>most shit I want are either exclusives or discontinued stuff

Fucking Mandarake, taking all my money.

>mfw three DHL shipments in a week because suddenly, exclusive figure i want
>>
>>5583398
EMS = Poorfag is some American thing, since they never consider RSAL/SAL might be more beneficial to countries that charge import duty or added taxes for items purchased outside of the country.
>>
>>5583345
Are you sure? I was looking at a duty calculator and it seemed to say I wouldn't get charged (Canada). I've had to use EMS for the first time since it was the only option available and I'm scared of the resulting potential duties.

And for the record, I always go unregistered SAL. Maybe I just live where there's a good postal crew but in the years and years I've ordered things not a single package hasn't got to me safely. It does get scary when it goes past 2 weeks though.
>>
>>5583452
The last time I used EMS was back in 2009(?) when Amiami was EMS-only, and I got hit both times for packages that were around 2k.
I don't know if the customs value went up as for obvious reasons I stopped using EMS completely, but it's definitely a thing.
>>
>>5583452
Not out of choice but since my country doesn't allow RSAL, I'm forced to go with Unregistered SAL and I haven't lost a parcel yet (though I've had a few scares when the parcel took more than 5 weeks to arrive).

Anybody have experience with Air Small Packet?
>>
>>5583304
It depends on what you buy and how often you ship.

I only use EMS if the items are over $200 or too big to fit in Register SAL.

Lets say I get a shipment every month.
If I go Max weight on RSAL it'll be 2480 yen
But if I do EMS on the same weight it'll be 4000 yen

2480 yen X 12 month = 29760

4000 yen X 12 month = 48000

48000- 29760 =18240 ($162) difference for shipping

For RSAL if everything goes right, you will save $162
If you have 1 package go missing, you will only get 6000 yen ($53) insurance coverage, but then you also have the $162 saved from not using EMS, so you will have $215 to comprehend your lost. If you shop for 3 years and nothing goes wrong, that's $636 saved. So in a way you are your own insurance.
>>
>>5583486
This doesn't take into account the time between an item shipping and arriving at your door.

Honestly, for some of us, the $162 is a small price to pay to have pur items inside a week as opposed to 2-3 weeks.

This also doesn't take into account that I make $162 in about 4 hours or less, so that is a large factor in my decision making.
>>
>>5583304
I barely ever order anything so I usually go with EMS, since most of my purchases these days are spur of the moment shit. But if toy buying is a full time hobby for you or whatever and you have basically scheduled orders every month, SAL or RSAL begins making a lot more since for >>5583486
basically what this guy says and you basically have a IV drip of toys steadily coming in to tide you over. But if it's just one or two things you order every six months or so you might as well go EMS so you aren't left high and dry waiting.
>>
>>5583494
>I make $162 in about 4 hours or less
I'm curious
>>
>>5583494
>This also doesn't take into account that I make $162 in about 4 hours or less, so that is a large factor in my decision making.
You might as well not fucking say anything.
>>
>>5583494
because you're the only person that exists in the world, right? or everyone makes as much money as you. and everybody has a multi billion dollar trust fund set up for them.

You massive fucking faggot.
>>
>>5583386

Eh I'm afraid they'd all run me off as filthy gaijin. Getting stuff nearest to release date as possible is important to me though so EMS it is.
>>
I use RSAL at $30 or 3000 yen shipped, whatever currency the site I'm on is using (but generally 3K yen because I stopped using eBay and Amazon internationally for the most part). And if just the item price hits around 6K, then I use EMS. But lately I've been EMSing cheap shit too because I had a bunch of RSAL orders delayed like mad earlier this year and one cheap SAL not show up at all, and the price increase to EMS was negligible on what I was ordering.
>>
>>5583497
Welder
>>
I haven't used RSAL in forever, does it require a signature at delivery?
>>
>>5583554
depends on your mailman and your location.
>>
File: febreze.jpg (216 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
febreze.jpg
216 KB, 600x600
>>5583517
PEW.
Smells like buttblasted poorfag in here.
>>
I love it when the SALfags come out and start badmouthing the EMS users.
Their only counter to the whole list of pros regarding EMS, is the fact it costs them money.
They can twist it, turn it, talk about imaginary "savings", get pissy and insulting, but it all boils down to them being poorfags.
>>
>>5583602
>talk about imaginary "savings"
...So you're saying that spending less on shipping doesn't save you money?
>>
>>5583605
All SAL users ever talk about is the bottom line and how they "save".

Who said saving had to do with money? SAL wastes time by taking at least twice as long as EMS, I've never had a SAL or RSAL package reach me in less than two weeks. That alone for me makes up any difference as far as money goes. The more time a package spends in the mail, the higher chance something will happen to it.
>>
>>5583605
It really doesn't. It's a hypothetical.
And it's beside the point, which is, it all comes back down to only one "con" argument against a bunch of "pro" arguments regarding EMS.
>>
>>5583304
EMS isn't "shit", it's just useless unless you live in a shithole. Being an impatient little fuck isn't a good reason to use it.
>>
>>5583602
How about the fact I get SAL shipped stuff faster than EMS?
>>
>>5583643
>>5583634
Some people prefer saving money over time. Some people can't use EMS because their countries hit them with custom taxes.

That's all there is to it. The fact that there's people seriously fucking arguing over this shit, let alone being elitist over actual shipping options, is pretty damn depressing.
>>
>>5583694
This.

I'll never understand the bitchfest over this shit.
>>
File: pe40c.jpg (31 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
pe40c.jpg
31 KB, 500x281
>>5583304
>>5583310
I just ordered something and choose EMS.
I don't understand the inbound into customs?
The website I ordered from sent an email about more taxes may be had when it has to clear customs, can someone elaborate?
Will I have to pay more which I am fine with doing or will I just get it through usps with no real hassle outside the wait time.
>>
>>5583747

if ur eu, you have to pay import tax

if us ur fine
>>
>>5583780
I'm in California bro will I be charged by usps for shipping and handling or any other duties like clearing customs?
The package worth is around $25.
>>
>>5583787

probably not
>>
File: 1451727640554.gif (743 KB, 180x130) Image search: [Google]
1451727640554.gif
743 KB, 180x130
>EMS shipping to UK
Fuck Parcelforce and their ransom money
>>
>>5583791
>that name
Who and how the fuck did that get there?
>>
>>5583787

I live near Chicago and I've never once gotten charged customs fees when ordering stuff from Japan and I've had up to like $350 orders.
>>
>>5583787

I live in the US and I have been using EMS for more than 10 years, and I've never been charged a dime to get my package.
>>
>>5583791
>>5583797
Cory, Ina, take it outside, please. You're both an embarrassment and should make out already.
>>
>>5583939

Fuck you Teresa. Go fuck Mike
>>
>>5583658
Then I'd say you're a liar.
>>
>>5583694
>taking that bait seriously
>>
>>5583694
>Some people prefer saving money over time. Some people can't use EMS because their countries hit them with custom taxes.
You just proved the point though. The only counter argument for not using EMS is because "Muh Moneys, Senpai."
>>
>>5583602
>>5583634
Wow, you waited a whole hour to shit up your thread this time Peon. Could you even survive a day without shitposting on here? If I took your spam off, would you die?
>>
>>5583953
So you would opt to take getting hit by custom taxes even if you could afford it?

I highly doubt it.
>>
>>5583957
So Peon is the new Subjectanon in the /toy/ "I can't backup my argument so anyone who disagrees with me is XXX" mentality? You faggots are pathetic.

>>5583967
>So you would opt to take getting hit by custom taxes even if you could afford it?
Irrelevant.
The point that all this comes down to is that there are numerous pros to using EMS, vs only one real con, which is it costs more.
And I don't have to worry about customs.

inb4 some stupid insult because I'm American.
>>
>>5583952
That isn't bait.
>>
I always choose EMS shipping. Haven't gone wrong with it, ever. It's more expensive but you get your package faster.
>>
>>5583948
Then you're a damn ignorant for believing he is. That's the case for most countries with real customs.
>>
Is Hobby Link Japan better than AmiAmi? What do people use more? I assume AmiAmi because they're always sold out of everything.
>>
>>5584426

Most people like HLJ because of the warehouse feature, and they don't borderline on ban you if you cancel items.

Amiami tends to be marginally cheaper (usually, not always) than HLJ.

Really, I think they're preferred pretty evenly.
>>
>>5584426
I do my shopping at HLJ. Just like >>5584437 mentions I use them for the warehouse feature and because sometimes I end up having to change/cancel orders for one thing or another.
>>
>>5583977
Your numerous pros and only 1 con example is irrelevant because the price effects all the pros. It's no different than saying traveling first class has numerous pros vs only 1 real con, which is it cost more. So every one should travel first class only since it only have 1 con and many pros , and the 1 con is only the expensive price , No biggie .
>>
>>5583953
And the only reason not buying the whole AmiAmi company is money.
The only reason you don't have your own place in Japan so you can get your toys even more quicker is money.
The list goes on , blah blah blah, it's only money.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.