[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Playmates TMNT figures based on Secret of the Ooze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14
Fuck yes.
>>
>>5578978
Fuck yessssss.
>>
I appreciate the accessories and extra heads but christ this is the third time we've gotten these figures. Where the fuck is Shredder or anyone else?
>>
>>5578978
>>
>>5578982
Fucking no where to be found, lol.
>>
The first set of non-movie Turtles they released looks so much better than these despite the derp eyes. They should have just released those with swappable heads. These things look like abominations.
>>
>>5578980
Aww yis.
On the subject of TMNT, what do I have to search for the figuarts figures on HLJ? I saw them on BBTS but I've searched for tmnt, teenage mutant ninja turtles, and by their individual names but can't find them on HLJ.
>>
>>5578993
aren't they exclusives?
>>
>>5578978
>>5578991

those extra heads are really pointless. they all have the same stupid expression of mild discomfort.
>>
>>5578995
Walmart exclusive.
>>
>>5578997
>they all have the same stupid expression of mild discomfort
Their shells are rubbing up against their thighs and upper arms half of the time. They'd be in constant discomfort unless they've formed giant calluses over the years.
>>
>>5579024
I saw a monstrously obese person with some sort of rhino-like calloused skin in between the flab folds on the back of their neck. It was disgusting on a human, but I imagine turtles probably just have skin like that naturally.
>>
>>5579034
>I saw a monstrously obese person with some sort of rhino-like calloused skin in between the flab folds on the back of their neck
You sure you weren't looking at Rocksteady, anon?
>>
>>5579034
>I saw a monstrously obese person with some sort of rhino-like calloused skin in between the flab folds on the back of their neck
I'm sure it's just layers of dirt from not taking care of themselves past basic hunger needs.

>I imagine turtles probably just have skin like that naturally.
It's occurred to me how turtles naturally have scales and yet the ninja turtles are usually depicted as smooth-skinned. I guess they just don't mind the constant rubbing.

>>5579037
Topkek
>>
Does it even matter?

I've never seen these in stock
>>
>>5578999
Nevermind anon, I just realized you were talking about the figuarts, carry on.
>>
Man I hope I can get these in Australia
>>
>>5578978

I want to be excited, but...no Super Shredder/Shredder, no Tokka, no Rahzar. :(
>>
>>5578978
>cancel Shredder and Krang because the last batch of these sold like shit
>"I KNOW, LET'S RELEASE THEM AGAIN!"
Fucking Playmates

The extras are appreciated, especially since the worst part of the previous releases were the heads but these still aren't too much better even with all the options you get. They could've at least bothered coloring the inside of Mikey's mouth. I do like the donut and sausage accessories at least but I think I'll either hope NECA is able to downscale their 1/4 efforts or wait until they rerelease their comic figures in NES colors.
>>
>>5579510
At least they actually use some real chains for the Nunchucks. God the solid plastic shit grinds my gears.
>>
>>5579510
>>5578983
>>5578980
>>5578978
>Four swappable heads on an American released toy
Wow, that's really coo-
>They're all fucking hideous

Playmates needs to fire whoever the fuck is sculpting and painting these. Whoever did the original four turtle sculpts for the 2K12 line needs a full time position ASAP doing what they do best. I mean, imagine the subtle texture and detail they would put into movie Turtles figures. It would be beautiful.
>>
>>5579510
Playmates is weird as hell man. They go on about how much the Nick TMNT line is selling really well and yet they lower the production cost on them year after year
>>
>>5579510
>dat harelip Mikey head
>>
>>5579541

>Playmates needs to fire whoever the fuck is sculpting and painting these
>painting
>Playmates
>>
>>5578978
>>5578980
>>5578983
>>5579510
>green inner mouths
they could spare some black paint?
>>
>>5579628
Playmates doesn't know what paint is.
>>
File: 1459290737808.jpg (32 KB, 444x524) Image search: [Google]
1459290737808.jpg
32 KB, 444x524
After how bad they fucked up bebop and rocksteady, I'm not surprised these look like shit, with 3 paints apps to boot. Playmates is fucking dead to me.
>>
File: SH-Figuarts-TMNT-Group-Shot.jpg (192 KB, 712x760) Image search: [Google]
SH-Figuarts-TMNT-Group-Shot.jpg
192 KB, 712x760
I'd rather pay $300 for these than $100 for those
>>
>>5579638
thank you for your valued opinion
>>
>>5579674
What do you think are the chances of them doing 2003 turtles?
>>
>>5578978
Every face sucks
>>
File: tmnt mouth.jpg (34 KB, 843x590) Image search: [Google]
tmnt mouth.jpg
34 KB, 843x590
>>5579638
>>5579636
>>5579628
to be fair, you wouldn't want it to be movie accurate
>>
>>5579706
I didn't ask for movie accurate, I asked for black paint.
>>
I really wish thigh cuts would become obsolete already.
Both figuarts and figma use internal swivels, why can't American companies do the same? It's not that difficult to put on a design.
>>
Just one Shredder, for fucks sake.
>>
>>5579804
you want mini shredder? because playmates has already proven they couldn't care any less about scale.
>>
playmates hasn't done a single thing right since the first 4 turtles in the nick series wave came out

these are fucking HORRIBLE and anyone who supports them is an idiot. NECA will be downscaling their upcoming sculpts later this year/early next year, and based on donnie alone it's clear they're gonna be god-tier. fuck these guys, they have zero idea what they're doing or what we want.
>>
>>5579677
>playmates shill

hello, out of touch employee! :^)
>>
>>5579680
Figuarts? Not much of a chance since the 2003 series flopped in Japan.
>>
>>5579870
didn't exactly flop, they had a few seasons dubbed and a bunch of toy waves came out (including some gold armored exclusives). it just didn't do nearly as well as the original.
>>
Some of the faces are definitely far more terrible than others, but there have to be some good meme possibilities in there.
>>
File: 1459295231503.jpg (35 KB, 444x524) Image search: [Google]
1459295231503.jpg
35 KB, 444x524
>>5579638
After a lot of tweaking in Photoshop I can alllllmost make this look sorta like the SOTO turtle it's based on, but yeesh, it's still rough. The biggest thing that hurts their likeness, aside from the super awkward mouths & lack of eyebrow changes (desperately needed for emoting) is that they're got these whited out eyes. A distinguishing trait of the live-action turtles are their eye-lids & stuff, you can see them through the slits in their mask. So I added that, messed with the colors, did some yellow highlights on the beak area, & added a few speckles. A big improvement, I think. If they were at least THIS close, they'd be worth the asking price, but that's still with the additional glaring issue, which is that they all have "Playmates skin", as in, 4 different shades of green. Completely ruins the movie based look...
>>
>>5579897
Looks so much better, too bad playmates can't be arsed to fucking try.
>>
>>5578978
>>5578980
>>5578983
>>5579510
Neat.
>>
>>5579897
too much autism anon, get help.
>>
File: shig.jpg (69 KB, 464x354) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
69 KB, 464x354
>>5579052
>past basic hunger needs.
heh
way past basic hunger
>>
>>5579935
Do you just think anyone talking in depth about anything you don't care about is autism?
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 720x1281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 720x1281
>>5578980
This is why I'm over paying for the Figuarts.
>>
>>5578980
I'd only buy this for the mop and bat...
>>
fukken movie shredder when
>>
>>5579680
I'm surprised that the 2003 series gets so little attention compared to the 80's and the 2012 turtles.

Especially with TMNT 2 coming out soon they can't milk another retro release.
>>
>>5579674

A ripoff's a ripoff.
>>
>>5580101
It's because of some ownership issue or something like that
>>
>>5580140
there is literally zero ownership issue

viacom bought out 4kids for 11 million dollars, they own every aspect of it lock stock & barrel. they have released seasons of it on itunes, DVD's in wal-mart, & included some of its original characters/design aesthetic in new media.
>>
>>5580218
Then it's because it's nowhere near as popular as 80's and new Turtles and is destined to be forgotten.

There, you happy now?
>>
>>5580221
well that's the truth, no matter ones stance on it. all you ever see is its fanboys crying that viacom has a vendetta against it or that it's a right issue & neither is the case. they just don't see much $$$ to be made with it .
>>
>same sculpt as previous movie turtles
>shittier heads
>different shaded skin of the turtles
>probably will still have the same stiff joints as before
> skipping shredder and krang
Nah it's too much money for the same turtles and besides in a few years we will get better turtles.
>>
>>5578978
Why did Funko and Playmates go the route of ripping off Hasbro's Star wars boxes? It was novel once, but now it's trite. And Playmates even did the worst job of it so far.... I mean; fucking Impact. Dark gray crapfest of graphics. Shitty cuts to fit the logos and text in, that don't add any visual flair to the package.

I'd just throw it away anyhow, but take some pride in your work, Playmates.
>>
>>5579847
>NECA will be downscaling their upcoming sculpts later this year/early next year

Source? Because while that sounds fucking amazing, I was under the impression that with the exception of JP figs, Playmates is keeping other companies from releasing 1/12 scale TMNT figures because they would cannibalize their own shit tier figures.
>>
>>5580645
> in a few years we will get better turtles.

How do you know? are you from the future?
>>
Where's the best place to preorder the upcoming Figuarts turtles? I'm looking for a store that will offer free shipping for buying over $200 dollars' worth of plastic. (So basically, not BBTS.)
>>
The 2003 series was all right, but the voice acting in it knocks it down several pegs. Voice acting can make or break a cartoon for me, and the other TMNT shows are much better in that regard. It gets extra points for staying close to the comics, which, like the show, were really good to a point.
>>
>>5580251

Because 80s nostalgiafags have more jobs in the media and hate the 2K3 show for not being like the 80s one.
>>
At least I can paint over one of the face's pupils and say it's the default non-animated turtles.
>>
>>5580764
What the shell dude! What the shell!!!!
>>
>>5580700
I am in the same dilemma.
>>
>>5580218
Does this mean they own all their anime dubs too? like the fighting foodons and whatever?
>>
>>5580991
nah afaik theyj just strongarmed the tmnt stuff from them
>>
>>5579541
Playmates needs to clean house. Their logistics people are cretins. After they lied to me for over a year about wave 2, I didn't bother with the 1st movie wave and I'm not about to order these either.
>>
You can sell nostalgic stuff of the 80s cartoon and movie to adults and the new turtles to kids. There is no market for 2k3 besides niche TMNT nerds. Maybe in 15 years there will be nostalgia for 2k3 but not likely since it aired on the cartoon network no one really watched, the games weren't popular and overall its a surprise it made it to 7 seasons (rumor had it that 4kids only renewed the show to have something they could call "home grown")
>>
>>5581597
It only aired on CN for the first few seasons, it was on Kids WB for a while too. But yeah it's probably not gonna get merch ever again.
>>
Still no Muckman for shiteating retard Greg.

Lol
>>
>>5581647
confirmed for later this year though

fuck greg yeah but his rage was representative of a lotta turtle fans feelings about his cancellation
>>
powder is a hypocritical pussy who stirs shit up
>>
File: 800px-Fracture_toy.jpg (102 KB, 800x506) Image search: [Google]
800px-Fracture_toy.jpg
102 KB, 800x506
>>5581097
Every time a new TMNT series comes out, Im always thinking they'll somehow make "reference toys", like how Transformers would take names/palettes from Go-bots.Still waiting for Not-Street Shark, and Not-Barnyard commando
>>
>>5581847
How would that work in a tmnt sense?
>>
File: 140828.jpg (106 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
140828.jpg
106 KB, 880x880
anyone else keeping up with the half shell heroes? they're so cute
>>
>>5582169
Just noticed they made a line based on that dinosaur theme from back then
>>
>>5581847

You know hasbro absorbed Tonka right? They can do that now. Playmates cant reference mattel work.
>>
>>5583662
Yeah, but since the Gobot designs are owned by Bandai they can't fully reference Gobots design wise and in fact have not done so in quite some time.
>>
File: 74292-1.jpg (24 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
74292-1.jpg
24 KB, 417x600
Playmate's Ninja Turtles figures are starting to look like bad customs.
>>
>>5578983
>>5579510
>Raphael comes with the pizza not Michelangelo
>No anchovies

Did these fucks even watch the original movies?
>>
>>5583718
its artistic libertarians that I think they can get away with as long as it stays true to the style
>>
>>5583718
>>5583749
you must buy them both to match them correctly
>>
>>5582169
>mfw these have better and more plentiful paint apps than the standard line
>>
>>5583786
those are promotional shots of fully painted prototypes. the actual in-store figures are equally lacking as the stnd line unfortunately
>>
>>5579674
The difference between those and the Classic Cartoon figures are like fucking night and day

Hopefully they'll do the original movie versions too because I'd buy those in a heartbeat
>>
>>5583764
this.

It is a common jew tactic to make the goyim buy more.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.