[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any thoughts on Mezco's Mortal Kombat X figures? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1436636448301.jpg (1 MB, 778x931) Image search: [Google]
1436636448301.jpg
1 MB, 778x931
Any thoughts on Mezco's Mortal Kombat X figures? I've been eyeing Sub Zero, he looks pretty good, but I'm curious as to how well he holds up in the articulation department.

Also wanna know about durability, never owned a Mezco toy before.
>>
Articulation on the line is ass, the paint is decent on the bodies but face paint and sculpts are shit.

Only really good for standing poses.
>>
File: TF-2016-Storm-Collectibles-009.jpg (131 KB, 1277x1920) Image search: [Google]
TF-2016-Storm-Collectibles-009.jpg
131 KB, 1277x1920
>>5574462
Get these instead

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/13/toy-fair-2016-storm-collectibles-mortal-kombat-street-fighter-193420
>>
My thoughts are that they'll make the same four or five characters we already have dozens of iterations of and then they'll see the low sales and kill the line when they take that to mean no one wants MK shit at all
>>
>>5574471
Ahhh bummer. The sculpt looks really good to me in this photo, but I guess photos can be deceptive. And it's a shame to hear about the articulation.

>>5574477
That does looks good, and believe me, I'm all for classic MK, but I actually liked Sub Zero's outfit in MKX--which is rare for me, because for the most part I have hated every single character redesign since MK3.
>>
>>5574502
The body sculpts are decent but again, don't expect much out of them aside from looks.
>>
>>5574462
i saw them at TRU and they look like shit.

>>5574477
any word when these come out?
>>
I'm personally looking forward to the 4" ones. Their 4" Hellboy figures has some of the sharpest sculpts and paint job I've seen at that scale.
>>
Were the 4 inch MKX Scorpion, Raiden, etc, that were shown in NYCC 2015 even released?
>>
>>5575409
Weren't they just recently announced? I don't believe they're out yet? I'd definitely buy Kitana/Quan Chi in that scale.

I have the Jazzware 3.75 Shao Kahn and it's awesome, I think the only figure they released that was any good.
>>
>>5574689
>any word when these come out?
None that I've seen.
>>
File: assie cage.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
assie cage.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>No Cassie Cage figure

why even bother?
>>
>>5574462
I really like the line. The sculpts are very well done and the paint is too.
The articulation varies per figure, though. I think Scorpion has the best and even then it's somewhat limited. Sub-Zero is just alright. You can pull off some decent poses if you put the time into it. His mallet and sword are way too small, though. Raiden is the worst of the first wave, without a doubt. The headsculpt is a bit off and the leg articulation is almost useless thanks to his tunic.

In wave two, I only got Kitana and Quan-Chi. Kitana's the best of the two and probably the second best figure besides Scorpion. Quan-Chi is like Sub-Zero in that his poseability is a bit more limited than Kitana and Scorpion but it still works. Haven't got Kotal Kahn to compare with the others of the line.
>Also wanna know about durability
The figures themselves are durable in my experience but the paint flakes pretty easily, especially on Scorpion.

Overall the line is the best MK toyline so far. The Storm Collectibles looks better but I imagine the prices will be much more higher for what you get considering they're imports from a smaller company. I'm just sad the line is ending so soon because I really want more.
Hope this helps, anon.
>>
>>5578049
Don't know about the others, but aside from Scorpion, I have Kotal Kahn and he's a pretty fun figure to play with. His articulation has a lot more range than one might assume and I actually like he's more durable than Scorpion..
>>
>>5578074
I want to get Kotal eventually just to have the complete line up.
But yeah, the articulation on most of them have a pretty good range considering how many points they have. Except Raiden, which I already said.
>>
>>5574689
>any word when these come out?
Scorpion is coming the third quarter of 2016

http://news.toyark.com/2016/03/22/mortal-kombat-112-scale-scorpion-storm-collectibles-199760
>>
File: image.gif (492 KB, 177x172) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
492 KB, 177x172
>>5578365
Hopefully Scorpion's lining is a little lighter on release but man am I excited.

>We are finally going to get decent MK figures
Which mask are you guys going to use? I like the MK1 look more.
>>
>>5574477
are these in size with neca?
>>
>>5578504
They're 1/12
>>
>>5578504
>http://news.toyark.com/2016/03/22/mortal-kombat-112-scale-scorpion-storm-collectibles-199760

7 inches ..dam...i really wanted this classic mk ninja but 7 inches changes everything, its too tall
>>
>>5578365

I'm not spending over $20 for another MK line that'll be dead in a year.
>>
>>5574462
Oh hey, someone saved my picture. Neat.

Yeah, the articulation isn't great, but it's really not /that/ bad. Subzero can put his hands together around his ice sphere and look cool and stuff. Honestly, they're good enough, at least for me. And I might be i n the minority, but I prefer these costumes to classic ones.

Kotal Kahn is fucking sweet. I got both versions because why the fuck not. I gave his cool mace sword thing to my 4H Quetzalcoatl, though.
>>
>MK games have had Freddy, Jason, Predator, Alien and Leatherface in them
>Neca does not get MK license to make compatible toys with the crossover fighters they have already made

how the fuck could they not seek that one license?
>>
File: SCB10011.jpg (54 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
SCB10011.jpg
54 KB, 752x564
>>5574477

49.99 US DOLLARS.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SCB10011&mode=retail

Wew lad, I like these, but that's a bitter pill to swallow.
>>
>>5580755
That's actually cheaper than I was expecting.
>>
>>5580755
Sucks for Britbongs like me cause $50 usually translates to £50 regardless of the exchange rate.
>>
>>5579844
Probably because it's poison. Every MK line dies after one or two series. Mezco's is even dead.
>>
>>5580755
why is his skull so comically tiny?

no buy for me
>>
>>5580755
That's about what i was expecting in the states for that quality.

That fire effect looks pretty bad, though.
>>
>>5580755
FUCK SCORPION, WHERE'S SUB-ZERO
anyways these figures are cheaper than I was expecting
>>
>>5580798
Same. I'm still willing to buy them as long as they don't cost any more than that. I'd like this line to last longer than Mezco's did.
>>
>>5574462
late to the game but want the ice clone var. any recommendations for places i can still get it cheap?
>>
>>5580854
>make fightan game toys with shitty articulation
>wonder why they always die in a year or two
I swear to god half these toy companies are retarded
>>
I don't see why they're bothering with 4" and 12" figures after cancelling the 6" line.
>>
>>5580755
Why does it cost so much?
Doesn't even look as good as Mezco's
>>
>>5584702
Okay, i just answered my own question
>Design, Produce & Distribute Storm Collectibles is a Hong Kong based company
Why the fuck does asian shit cost so much? Do they really pay their workers that much more?
>>
>>5580755
50USD is not bad considering the prices of other figures today. what are you a poor fag NEET?
>>
>>5584911
Do you live in Asia or Europe?
That's a rip off price for those figures.

Mezco's one:12 figures can be bought for only a few bucks more
>>
>>5580755
That's pretty fucking cheap for a Storm Collectibles item.

Might go all-in if they're releasing a good roster, that looks fantastic.
>>
>>5584702
>Doesn't even look as good as Mezco's

I like Mezco but I think you might need your eyes checking.
>>
>>5585256
They've already got Sub-Zero Prototyped so that's good. The one that surprised me was the Goro prototype they've made.

For repaints sake I can see them making a Reptile.
>>
>>5585257
I own the mezco ones.

Those look way better than the mezco ones, and are guaranteed to have better articulation and quality control.
>>
File: GET OVER HERE.jpg (105 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
GET OVER HERE.jpg
105 KB, 800x520
>>5585257
Checked for what?
They don't look like they're worth $50.
They look like it could be any $20 toy out there, including MLs.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.