[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
California /toy/'ing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2289x1527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2289x1527
Hey dudes, I'm headed to California this weekend (Orange County) and was wondering if you knew of any cool places for toys/comics?

I'm mostly a Japanese figure collector but vintage toys are cool too.

Thanks for any help!
>>
Frank and Son's collectible show. It's in like southern LA county but they have a ton of vendors with a huge variety of stuff. But it's only open Saturdays and Wednesdays and parking is the worst thing in the world
>>
Anime king in irvine. All japanese stuff. Phat collectibles in anaheim.
>>
>>5570526
>>5570642

These.

Also Wondercon is going on at LA Convention center this weekend.

Westminster Mall also has a shop called Small Wonders, which is a Japanese collector shop, but is can be really expensive.
>>
>>5570288
Go to Wonder Con this weekend. It's in Anaheim.
>>
>>5570954
It's actually at LA convention Center.
>>
>>5570642
>Anime king in irvine
I went to that store last summer. They seemingly have everything but the store itself is boring, since its located in a business area.

I really miss their old location, it was right between a TRU and some video game store. and it was next to a school that had swap meets on weekends
>>
OP here. Thanks for all of the tips, dudes. I was considering WonderCon but it looks like only Sunday tickets are available. I'm wondering what a con would be like on Easter Sunday(?). It's worth looking into, I suppose.
>>
>>5570526

the only people i see complaining about parking are the fat nerds who cant (dont want to) walk a little.

its like they dont want to break a sweat before getting bent over the barrel.
>>
Phat Collectibles in Anaheim.
Frank and Sons is pretty fun. It's pretty much like a dealers hall at a con center. The parking really does suck. If you're willing to walk a bit, it's not so bad.
>>5570642
I need to check out Anime King.

Actually piggy backing on this thread, does anybody have any good recommendations for places in the Inland Empire, I live close to Chino. There's a little shop over in the Maclin swap meet, they tend to have some older toys but some of their stuff is bootlegs like the Sailor Moon petit chara they sell.
>>
>>5571174

Chino hills represent. Would like to know this too
>>
>>5570288
Internet.
>>
>>5571174
Riverside here, would like to know also.
>>
>>5573973
I'm looking to sell off my Toybiz Legends, MP Thundercracker, I might have more figures to sell but I'm giving my buddy first dibs.
>>
>>5574281
Forgot to say that I'm also in Riverside
>>
>>5570923
I miss when WC was in San Francisco. LA's too far for me
>>
Dude
>>
>>5574323
What?
>>
>>5571007
It was next door to Games 4 Less, I was just at that Toys R Us earlier. Bummed that Anime King moved locations too, I bought a decent amount of figma and trading figures there. Oh, and you're thinking Goldenwest College.
>>
Anybody know of good places in the Bay Area or Sacramento?
>>
Hey i live in cali
Anyways try to look in malls
Hobby shops are everywhere
>>
>>5577856
Did that whole area get renovated? I remember all 3 stores being on the same block instead of across the street from the college.

>>5579115
I dont think OP's into RC cars and papercrafts
>>
File: Simply Kids.jpg (177 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Simply Kids.jpg
177 KB, 750x1000
>>5579115
I've seen several places selling anime merch. Like Tokyo Japan Lifestyle. Though the actual figures and stuff tend to be bootlegs.

I remember that Simply Kids at the Westfield Santa Ana had some decent stuff. They also sold manga and DVDs.
>>
>>5579753
Simply kids was my Pokemon store...until i realized i had one closer to home.
>>
>>5570288
basically any brick and mortar shop is going to be overpriced as fuck, and you're better off just ordering from amiami or whatever your preferred site is. Anime jungle is la, you can look at their website to see their stock.
>>
>>5570288

Asiafag here. Went to CA last year. If you're into JP stuff, a digital visit to mandarake or yja is far cheaper and satisfying. If anything, maybe drop by a Hot Topic for walls of Funko, American made weaboo blind bags and some nifty tees.

As a collector of Jp stuff, everything else was kinda bleh. Frank n Sons had some good deals for Bluefin imports eg SHFs.
>>
>>5580358
>>5580374
nothing beats traveling abroad and walking into what might be an awesome toy store. You dont have to buy anything just to have fun
>>
>>5580403
I dunno, I personally don't find window shopping that fun. but people can like whatever they want.
>>
>>5580403

Don't get me wrong, I had fun running into TRUs, Walmarts and Targets picking up Monster High and checking out all the Neca and Mezco stuff we never see in Asia. But Japanese stuff? I get my buzz from an annual trip to Japan instead. Even Yodobashi Camera gets me giddy.
>>
Are there any decent shops in San Diego?
>>
>>5570526

It's in City of Industry.

I should know, I run a temporary stall there.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.