[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dream >go to pre-owned store >find a toy for very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10
>dream
>go to pre-owned store
>find a toy for very fair discount
>go to ring it up
>"sorry someone called in and asked us to hold this"
>"oh"
>go home
>>
My dream always ends right before I get to the register, even when I find items AT the register the dream will end before they're scanned.
>>
>>5568619

What kind of retarded store holds an item for someone, but doesn't take it off the floor?
>>
>>5568663
I'm not sure. I don't even know how the guy found out about the item if he called in a hold like that.
>>
File: 1456942584620.png (410 KB, 857x553) Image search: [Google]
1456942584620.png
410 KB, 857x553
>dream
>go to store that has every kind of gundam model and figure I could want
>get a few items
>go to register
>wake up
>MFW I've had the same dream 3x
>>
>>5568666
If it's a store like Mandarake where you can check the stock online, it's not unreasonable that someone called to make sure it's still there when they get there and doesn't want to pay shipping.

I did that all the time with gamestop since they list their preowned stock online before I joined the master race.
>>
Literally just happened last night/this morning

>go around local mall
>eb games
>woah Black Series Cad Bane? Definite buy
>walmart
>Black Series C3-PO, buy it
>TRU
>black series Grievous fuck yeah these are rare af
>wake up
>dick hard as diamonds
Every time
>>
>>5568663
>What kind of retarded store holds an item for someone, but doesn't take it off the floor?
Yeah, this dream OP had isn't at all constrained to real-world logic! What gives?
>>
>have huge collection of toys in my room
>regular weed smoker
>dream
>my friends and I are smoking in my room
>the whole shebang, blunts, spliffs, bongs, pipes, vapos, dabs
>room is hotboxed af
>oh fuck i forgot about the toys!!
>anon it's fine it's only one time it's not like you smoke near them regularly
>hotbox subsides, friends leave
>all my toys are yellowed and smell like smoke
>wake up in a sweat
Eh, i'm a fuckin' loser. I'm always so cautious whenever I smoke. Even when I buy toys while i'm out and smoke in my friends' rooms I always have to ask if I can leave the toy outside of the room before we start
And it isn't even like we're smoking cigarettes where harmful chemicals like nicotine or tar could get onto/into the toys but i'm super paranoid
>>
>>5568670
I have this dream too sometimes. Last time I had this dream I bought a MG Ground Gundam v2.0 and when I woke up I checked online to see if it existed. It doesn't :(
>>
File: lamp.jpg (51 KB, 450x514) Image search: [Google]
lamp.jpg
51 KB, 450x514
I had the most boring and frustrating dreams the other night

>it's the weekend so I wasn't planning on waking up early
>watching an ebay auction that ends at 8:30am
>set an alarm for 8:25am so I don't miss out
>dream that I get up just before auction ends then fall back to sleep and miss it
>same night, different dream:
>dream that I get up too early and have to sit around waiting for auction to end
>leave it too late
>click on page with 5 seconds left
>don't get to place a bid

It was completely fine in real life.
I woke up when my alarm went off, browsed /toy/ on my phone for a couple of minutes, then bid on the auction and won it no problem.
>>
>>5568779
does weed even yellow things like cigs do?
>>
>>5568814

I'm not a scientist, but I've read up on these things thoroughly and the bulk of the stuff that yellows plastic are the carcinogens in the smoke. Both weed and cigarette smoke contain carcinogens, but the THC in weed help reduce carcinogens as opposed to the tobacco/other chemicals that help promote it.

tldr, weed can yellow things if exposed long enough but not nearly as fast as cigarettes. Even still, I won't risk that. I never smoke near my toys.
>>
>>5568798

What toy was it
>>
File: 1344371727346.jpg (31 KB, 426x400) Image search: [Google]
1344371727346.jpg
31 KB, 426x400
>>5568824
>never smoke
>>
File: figma lady.jpg (111 KB, 844x1500) Image search: [Google]
figma lady.jpg
111 KB, 844x1500
>>5568827
>>
File: Reclassisfinetoo.jpg (74 KB, 677x782) Image search: [Google]
Reclassisfinetoo.jpg
74 KB, 677x782
>>5568670
I know this feel
>had dream
>bought like all the rare figures I've been lusting after
>get them home
>feel happy
>wake up
>empty shelf
>>
>>5568670
Same here. My dreams usually involves filling a bag or basket with toys before i wake up empty-handed.

one other common setting is the place where I'm shopping. Somehow my mind forms a unique location and interior that ive never really seen before in real life. I'm not exactly sure how this happens.
>>
>>5568619
And thats when you say, 'Yeah I'm the guy who called...'
>>
>>5570329
"Okay Mr. Burns, what's your first name?"
>>
>>5568850
I always wake up before I receive it.
>>
>>5568849
Is it expensive? Got mine for like $30 months ago.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (8 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
8 KB, 226x223
>>5570329
>>5570335

>my sides
>>
>>5576788
It goes for like $70 now.
>>
File: 1454374893887.png (110 KB, 453x567) Image search: [Google]
1454374893887.png
110 KB, 453x567
>>5568619
>mfw this exact story actually happened to me a few years back at a collectibles shop in southern California.

i was so fucking pissed. sweet justice that the store went out of business a year later
>>
dreams where you get cool toys are always the worst when you wake up and realize you still don't have said toys.
>>
I had a dream once when I was 10 where I got fairy god parents, and I was able to wish for a SNES and n64 and all the games (something I had been craving in real life for months).

Then I woke up.
>>
On a positive note
I was 10, sleeping at grandmas place
>dream
>dream im in hyrule
>at lon lon ranch, theres a sandstorm, see malon, ask if theres any toys of the hero of time
>i go in the barn, just like in musashi, theres all these toys of characters
>open the link toy, really fucking happy
i wake up sad as fuck there wasnt a link toy
i end up going to zellers later that day with my mom
bam
link, impa and zelda, ganondorf
right before my eyes
lost my complete absolute shit, bought the fuck out of it
couple years ago i sold the link to a swede who tried to open a case against me for something i described in the bio
>>
File: feel.jpg (27 KB, 515x600) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
27 KB, 515x600
>dream
>go to random closet at acquaintance's house
>"take whatever you'd like"
>stacks and stacks of boxes, bins of loose toys, an absolute goldmine
>start gathering everything up, finding even more treasures as I do
>wake up
>>
>dream
>walking by a dilapidated and abandoned house
>fuck it, let's see what's inside
>go to bedroom
>the toy that I've wanted since I was 4 is sitting on a nightstand
>It's as perfect as you can expect for a secondhand toy, no weathering from being in the falling apart house
>ease my way over the holes in the floor
>it's in my hands
>wake up
SON OF A BITCH.
>>
>>5577257
They're both the best and worse.
That joy of walking down toy aisles and finding nothing but your dream toys. Finding toys you didn't think could exist. Finding toys you either had or wanted as a kid.

Only to wake up and realize you only get this kind of joy from dreaming and sometimes when you're awaiting a package.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.