[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Toys you love that everybody else hates.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
ITT: Toys you love that everybody else hates.
>>
>shit taste general.
>>
File: c3bd2a36.jpg (69 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
c3bd2a36.jpg
69 KB, 1024x819
>>5556648
I love my Monster Arts Wolf Predator, but Big Chap looks like shit.
>>
>>5556673
Looks cool to me, but I'm not an Alien fan.
>>
>>5556993
The dome is far too clear, notice how it looks compared to the promo shots in OP's pic.

It ruins the mystery of the creature and makes it look like a generic spooky man in a suit.
>>
>>5556999
I'm pretty sure the reason it's more visible there is angle and lighting, which is why the back of the skull is barely visible from the angle in the second image. I mean the promo shot is pretty visible too compared to normal, but I like that about it.
>>
>>5556999
Its not just that. They get most details of the big chap completely wrong as well. I wouldnt care about the clear dome if the rest was atleast somewhat accurate.
>>
File: hIE1394678907.jpg (108 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
hIE1394678907.jpg
108 KB, 550x800
>>5556648
I don't care as much for Big Chap, but I love the SHMA Warrior. I like his posture and range of motion a lot more. And I like my NECA too, but the SHMA fits a lot better scale-wise with my displays.

>>5557045
No, it's way more transparent than the promo shots, regardless of angle. It still looks pretty cool, but it absolutely changes the appearance of Big Chap because it's so visible.

I'd have to go with this guy. His wrist guards are fucking stupid and his legs could use more range, but otherwise I love him. He just looks so nice and I love the engineering for his abs. Plus I love the mk 7 armor.
>>
>>5557117
How's the paint on figma Iron Man? I've heard the shades of red vary on different parts of his body, and the metallic paint on the torso is very prone to discoloration and chipping. Is this true?
>>
>>5557179
paint is really nice. Very glossy and metallic. The reds all look the same to me, except for his elbow joints. Personally haven't seen any signs of chipping or discoloration.

Like I mentioned, his biggest issue is his wrist guards being attached to his forearms. Also no one ever mentions it but his blasting hands have their own pegs so in order to use them you need to pull out the wrist joint. Which is extremely difficult since it's in deep and the wrist guard makes it even harder to get a grip. Also the legs don't swing outwards super far and his knee covers are prone to popping off.

Like I said, I love him as a figure. But considering his issues and how much he costs, it's hard to recommend him.
>>
>>5557204
>I love him as a figure. But considering his issues and how much he costs, it's hard to recommend him.

Yeah, I hated the idea of buying a standard version when the full spec version exists, so I ended up going with the SHF Mk45.
>>
>>5557117
So close and yet so far from being a great figure. Better wrist guard engineering, possibly a better system for attaching the shoulder pads and more elegant knee joints/kneepads, and this could have been a contender.
>>
File: ma alien.jpg (147 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
ma alien.jpg
147 KB, 768x1024
>>5556999
>not hating him because of the simplistic coloring book quality circles in the bone head inside
It's like they didn't even try.

>>5557117
I'm pretty sure most of the hate for that figure comes mostly from the fact he cost so much and/or he isn't a Figuarts.

Toys on /toy/ seem to be the most hated when another company starts releasing similar products as another company.
Most times, people are content with the products being released, unless there's actual problems popping up (see NECA's Pacific Rim mecha).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.