[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Un-Scenting Scented Toys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: photo 2.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
photo 2.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
So I spied these little things in my local Toys R' Us, and was shot through the heart with how cute they are. (There were these things I think were popular in Japan a while back called Spoon Pets- reminded me of those a bit.)

The thing is, I have what I'll admit is a borderline autistic aversion to anything at all, "scented". Always have. Scented stuff makes me damn nauseous.

Is there a quick way to get the scent off of scented toys, aside from just waiting for it to wear off?
>>
>>5556093
i would suggest soaking them in water, possibly with a small amount of odorless soap and/or leaving them outside (somewhere outta the sun)
>>
>>5556122
Mm, makes sense. First thing I thought of actually, but I wanted to consult /toy/ first.

...Lol, christ, something from all my time on toy just made me assume there had to be some complicated, little-known procedure to it.

One of them's motorized though. Dunno what to do about that one.
>>
>>5556163
>my time on toy just made me assume there had to be some complicated, little-known procedure to it.

i mean, there totally could be, but that's the first thing that comes to mind just based on common sense (i dont mean to imply you lack it, btw). usually anything that stinks will improve with a soak or an airing out. i had a gundam kit that reeked like basement, left it in my garage for a few days and that pretty did the trick. as far as the motorized one is concerned, wash it off by hand with a wet cloth or something and then leave it outside over night or for an additional day or two if need be. prolly would work.
>>
I'm in the same boat as you, OP. And scented is their gimmick too so that won't change.

They don't seem to be related to spoon pets any more than the zelfs are to trolls.
>>
Put it in a box with an open box of baking soda.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.