[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like a good Wonder Woman figure and this looks awfully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13
File: file.png (471 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
471 KB, 600x600
I'd like a good Wonder Woman figure and this looks awfully neat, but, although I've never had a Mafex figure, I know better than to think the production model will look that good. Do Mafex figures turn out too much worse than their preview images or should I be alright?
>>
>>5555645
Why would you want that version of WW?
>>
>>5555652
Because it looks cool and the fact that it's from a movie doesn't bother me.

Granted I haven't actually looked around to see what other WW figures are out there so maybe I should do that first.
>>
mafex has pretty floppy quality that's for sure. weak joints, popping off parts, inaccurate likeness...
>>
>>5555658
I dont care about the movie, but how does it look cool compared to her other costumes? It doesn't even look like armor, it's just her skirt costume but metal with toned down colors.
>>
>>5555672
I dunno. Is that an issue?
>>
>>5555676
Maybe.
>>
>>5555680
well fug you

Srsly though my heart's not set on this, I mostly wanted to know whether I'd be paying more for a higher-quality figure or not. If I can get it, I'd like something that's a step above your average 6-inch Hasbro/Mattel stuff, though if what >>5555660 said rings true then I probably won't be getting what I paid for even though it seems a cut above.
>>
>>5555689
If you don't care about articulation DCC has a few you might like.
>>
>>5555695
I very much care about articulation.
>>
File: 1431256844420 - Copy.jpg (2 MB, 2115x3256) Image search: [Google]
1431256844420 - Copy.jpg
2 MB, 2115x3256
Here's one that looks good.

http://www.shopdcentertainment.com/product/batman+v+superman-+dawn+of+justice+wonder+woman+play+arts+kai+collectible+action+figure+by+square+enix+bvsssfig06.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

I can't speak first-hand for its quality obviously but it looks great, has better colors than the actual movie costume.
I'm /co/ and not /toy/ so I don't know much about figures. I have one of their Swamp Thing expensive collector's figures that is absolutely amazing though.

Alternatively here's one based on Darwyn Cooke's fantastic Golden Age-inspired design
http://www.shopdcentertainment.com/product/dc+designer+series-+darwyn+cooke+wonder+woman+action+figure+wwdcfig07.do?green=0D38DF0C-1EB5-5982-91FA-E239B22A749F

And one based on the recent Jason Fabok design
http://www.shopdcentertainment.com/product/dc+comics+icons+wonder+woman+action+figure+wwdcfig05.do?green=0D38DF0C-1EB5-5982-91FA-E239B22A749F

DC's artist series is definitely one of the coolest things they've ever done, basing them on actual comics depictions instead of generic designs (though admittedly with varying degrees of success).

I don't know how to get the pics off that site so here's some Cooke Woman being tall.
>>
File: 1444778815603.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444778815603.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>5557217
200 dlls?
>>
I like my Mafex Joker and will probably get that WW. I also want to pick up the second release Batman.

I hear the first couple of releases from Mafex were really garbage but they got better over time.
>>
>>5555672
>bitching and whining about designs you know nothing about
Why do you care if you don't know jack shit about the media itself? Don't pretend to know something about it, just get it because you like it.

Faggot.
>>
>>5555660
Don't listen to this mook. The DKR figures were fine. Some people are butthurt that Catwoman's mask is sculpted on.
>>
>>5557343
>Broken hand pegs everywhere
>DKR figures were fine.
>>
>>5557304
I never pretended to know something about it, I just said it looked stupid, but on that note Azzarello is shit and so is anything associated with his run.
>>
I really hate how they've cut out 4" figures entirely, as I'd really like this design in that scale. We still have no even semi-decent WW in this scale, evne though we have several decent Supermans and Batmans.
>>
>>5557395
>hamhands
>the toys are bad
>>
>>5557217
>play arts KAI
AHAHAHA_FAGGOT.jpeg
>>
File: wonder woman jae lee dcc.jpg (57 KB, 677x657) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman jae lee dcc.jpg
57 KB, 677x657
Best Wonder Woman right here
>>
>>5557900
>single elbows
lol
>>
>>5558238
>being an autist that cares about joints
>>
>>5557900

>Jae Lee anything that is horror based

Nah
>>
File: x-factor-85.jpg (83 KB, 400x618) Image search: [Google]
x-factor-85.jpg
83 KB, 400x618
>>5558249
?

... i would pay at most a hundred bucks per figure based on this art.
>>
>>5555672
>how does it look cool compared to her other costumes?
Because most of her other costumes look like 70-year-old patriotic bathing suits, nostalgia fag.
>>
>>5557217
>has better colors than the actual movie costume
No. It has BRIGHTER colors than the movie costume, but brighter=/=better in the world of subjectivity. The colors that are best are the ones that suit the design best, and modern DC movie Wonder Woman works better with more subdued colors.
>>
>>5557498
>Azzarello
Not even Azz's WW in that pic, dude. You're clearly just a triggered nostalgia fag with a rampant case of "Not muh Wonder Woman!".
>>
>>5558243
>wanting more articulation makes you autistic

Kill yourself.
>>
>>5558986
aesthetics > articulation
>>
>>5557682

> be asian
> own mafex
> nothing has broken

I like my Pussy Hathaway and already preordered WW.

The alternatives are
-. Mattel. Looks like a man. OC pic related. I put it back, couldn't bear to buy it.

- Playarts Kai. Giant, expensive, probably will have shit knee joints.

- DCC. Proto looked good. But they have a tendency to screw up the face paint on actual production. Joints will probably be fairly crap and unusable.
>>
File: 20160224_193236.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160224_193236.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>5559281

damned 4chan uploader
>>
>>5558996
With that logic, why not just buy statueshit?
>>
>>5558996
If you don't think proper toy aesthetics aren't about joints that mimmick the human form well, like SHFs, then you don't belong here. Single elbows look bad and make toys damn near useless, especially when there's no bicep swivel or anything. It'd be better off a statue than something with less than NECA tier articulation.

I'm sure you think 5 POA is fine, too.
>>
>>5557304
Not saying I disagree with you, and I love Gadot's costume.

But in pic related Fabok clearly tried to get closer to Gadot's costume in the Amazo virus run, it's not like Gadot's costume was attempting to be accurate (not that is inaccurate).
>>
>>5555645
the head is to small hahah
>>
>>5558965
Nope, Wonder Woman is pretty inconsistent as it is so I dont have a 'muh' version, I just think the costume looks stupid.
>>
File: horseface gymnast.jpg (39 KB, 620x433) Image search: [Google]
horseface gymnast.jpg
39 KB, 620x433
>>5559428
>mistaking aesthetics for poseability
hah
>>
>>5559281
This. Honestly, only the Mafex and DCC looked okay for me unless you want something bigger like the PAK. But yeah, I own the later DKR Mafex and haven't had any issues at all.
>>
>>5560157
Nothing to do with the argument, but god why do people use such horrid reaction images? It gives a worse impression of the poster than actually making fun of the person they're replying to.
>>
>>5560235
>>5560157

are you trying to confuse beauty and flexibility with aesthetics and poseability?

I predict this thread will devolve into a shitstorm, I already think"he who should not be named" has already made an appearance.
>>
>>5560157
Aesthetics can involve articulation, moron. The beauty of movement is a thing, a long with how accurate it is to human movement. Something that wonder woman you posted lacks almost entirely.

The fact that I even had to say this tells me you're a retard, though. I'm sure you'll try and argue something but there is no argument here, you don't understand the wide variety of things aesthetics refers to.
>>
>>5559428
>>5559287
i'm not that same guy you guys were arguing with.
i'm just not a fan of having too much unnecessary or useless articulation thus sacrificing details like your precious marvel legend shit and mattel shit.
what is good: neca, dcc, shf
they keep details with the right amount of details. quality is only questionable on the first two but mostly positive.
>>
File: prv12993_pg5.jpg (289 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
prv12993_pg5.jpg
289 KB, 900x1384
>>5557498
>Azzarello

Uhh, Azzarello was the writer, and the artist on his run was Cliff Chiang, and the one you're referring to isn't even Cliff Chiang's design.
>>
File: gym_.wrap_.AW_-640x560.jpg (49 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
gym_.wrap_.AW_-640x560.jpg
49 KB, 640x560
>>5560333
>prefering motion over real beauty
you can like whatever you like, but please don't trot your horse around like it's actually beautiful.
It's why some of us avoid movie toys in the first place.
Better to own a great looking toy that looks good in some poses than an ugly toy that looks good in many poses.
>>
File: 1458059005940.png (78 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1458059005940.png
78 KB, 249x250
>>5560487
There he is with his ridiculous ideas. Everyone look at him, look at him and laugh.

If you feel that way just buy a statue, nigger
>>
>>5560487
A lot of bandai products, like RDs, SHFs, their gunpla, etc have beautiful articulation, the engineering that went into some of the joints is incredible, which cannot be said for the wonder woman you posted. They create double joins that specifically mimic how elbows and knees work, not to show they're actually double, but to protrude kneecaps similar to how you'd see them on a human. Or, for the mechanical figures, they create newer techniques for super motion while simplifying it all of the time. The fact that you think only the sculpt is the "real beauty" suggests you're narrow minded and simply refuse to admit to being incorrect about using words incorrectly.

If you want only a good sculpt, you want statues, which means this isn't the board for you.

And let me just make this clear, you were objectively incorrect from the beginning, you're just arguing how beauty only refers to what you can see beauty in at this point, which makes you a retard.
>>
File: gymnast vs corpse.jpg (64 KB, 703x327) Image search: [Google]
gymnast vs corpse.jpg
64 KB, 703x327
>>5560892
>>5561161
>if it's not a gymnastic, it's a corpse.
This is the mantra someone has to scream at the top of his lungs because he married someone ugly.
Enjoy your slightly better poses from your homely fig, duders.
>>
>>5561499
The fact that you think all hyper articulated toys are ugly shows that you really don't know of many good figures. But who am I kidding, we all knew you lived in your ignorant little bubble since you started this shit.

Go be uneducated about toys elsewhere, casual.
>>
File: cute wolverine girl.jpg (180 KB, 669x1000) Image search: [Google]
cute wolverine girl.jpg
180 KB, 669x1000
>>5561567
>implying most of the figures people defend by saying "but muh articulation" aren't usually poorly sculpted and/or have bad paint
But no, i was mostly talking about OP's and the movie designs in general.

Aesthetics is everything.
>>
>>5561591
>Aesthetics is everything.
post your collection faggot
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.