[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LEGO - Need help IDing bricks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 960x720
Hello /toy/. I noticed in my collection there are bricks with 3 different designs on the bottom. What years were each of these brick design types from? I need to know for sorting purposes.
>>
You'll probably want to ask this guy on flickr:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/126975831@N07/
>>
>>5550262
Thanks, anon! :) I will check it out and ask him.

If anyone else can ID in the meantime, please let me know.
>>
>>5550254
Oldest are the ones on the left, newest are the ones on the right with the holes in the pegs.

I know this not because I'm an expert, just in general from my experience buying Lego for the last 20 years.

I'm not sure about specific years, but the ones with the holes in them started coming out within the past 10 years at least.
>>
>>5550390
Yeah, simple as more plastic on the left less on the right. Less material less money to make it.
>>
>>5550390
>>5550433

Thanks guys. I have buckets from 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, and 2007. Is it possible that some buckets would have the middle and right types mixed together? Or would they most likely be separate? I'm trying to reconstruct my buckets, so the old pieces don't get mixed in with the new. The old bricks are typically dirty, with heavy scratches and chips/ teeth marks on them.
>>
>>5551332
>Is it possible that some buckets would have the middle and right types mixed together? Or would they most likely be separate?
No, all buckets produced in [YEAR] would only use parts produced in [SAME YEAR].
>>
>>5551379

Ah, good to know! That way, I can narrow it down by the process of elimination. Thanks again, anon.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.