[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these Banpresto Eva figures any good? I've seen them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Banpresto Unit 02.jpg (148 KB, 621x800) Image search: [Google]
Banpresto Unit 02.jpg
148 KB, 621x800
Are these Banpresto Eva figures any good? I've seen them at cons and on Mandarake a few times for very decent prices- they look surprisingly good for their price. Is there a catch? Also Evangelion general I guess.
>>
>>5549291
>banpresto
For the money I'm sure they're fine. Don't expect a lot though; I would just save the money and get the revoltech ones
>>
>>5549405
Someones selling a revoltech one in the BST thread
>>
>>5549291
They are prize figures. IE toys that you get as prize in coin operated machines. Don't expect much.
>>
File: SCMRX7802copy.jpg (67 KB, 642x650) Image search: [Google]
SCMRX7802copy.jpg
67 KB, 642x650
>>5549413
>Don't expect much

I wouldn't say that.
If it's anything like the SCM Gundam figures than there's a lot to expect since those fuckers pose like crazy, have a decent amount of accessoires and are surprisingly durable.
>>
>>5549473
>and are surprisingly durable
I own one. They arnt.

The Eva's I mean, not the gundams.
>>
>>5549483
which one do you have? pic please, want to see size comparison with an aluminum can.
>>
>>5549483
Lying sack of crap.
>>
>>5549483
yep. i have 01. i'm not the same anon. feels more delicate than current model kits
>>
OP, for the price theyre going for it is an ok figure. However the parts are molded steangely so the legs and arems are curved ans they cant totally stand upright - i have the eva 02 and if you want to see any pics of it let me know
>>
I got this one second hand >>5549291 cheap and almost complete.
It's so light it might as well be made of paper.
Like >>5550015 tried to say, the legs are curved inwards so it look very awkward standing straight.
Lastly, it might be just my used copy, but the ankles are very loose, tho it could be fixed with a coat of clear acrylic polish.
The one selling point might be the sculpt, sharp and closer to the Robot Damashii ones than the Revos.
>>
Thanks guys. Hmm, I think I'll save my money and just get the RDs (I already have RD 00 so eh). A shame, they do look like fun desk toys. Maybe I'll get one as a model for my animation course.
>>
>>5549405
A better alternate would be the RDs.

Really, RD > SCM Ex > Revoltech. Maybe not durability wise but certainly sculpt and articulation wise.
>>
>>5550572
>RD Eva's
>save money

Youre a massive moron.
>>
>>5551309
What I mean is save money towards the RD Evas by not buying these.
>>
>>5549291
Scm ex line is great! I don't have any eva figures from that line though. I have a good amount of scm ex gundam figures, and they are some of my favorite figs that I own. Keep in mind that most scm ex figures are stylized. So if you want something that is show accurate, maybe not for you. I love my gouf!
>>
Not OP, but I'm willing to get one SCM too, i'm between the EVA 02 (the one which comes with two rifles) and EVA 06, does anyone have those? pics would be very appreciated.
>>
File: BANSCM-Ex Eva03B.jpg (996 KB, 1597x1103) Image search: [Google]
BANSCM-Ex Eva03B.jpg
996 KB, 1597x1103
In case anyone is still curious, here's a comparison pic of a SCM EX Unit-03(from the line in OPs pic), pop can, and RD Unit-03.

Unfortunately the curved-in lower legs plague the rest of the SCM Evas with the black border boxes. With the 'shoulder blades' armor bits on the back of mine breaking pretty quickly(there was a LOT of plastic flash on the underside of the torso parts.)

Hope this helps a bit for others!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.