[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accidentally broke my VAH chopper leg. The shaft of the foot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image1.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Accidentally broke my VAH chopper leg.

The shaft of the foot joint is stuck inside

What should I do?
>>
>>5548424
>hamhands general
>>
>Glue the end of the shaft to something, try to pull it out
>Drill the shaft away
>Drill a hole into the shaft, jam a pin in with a dab of glue, try to pull it out
>etc.
Either way, the shaft won't survive.

Even if it did, the joint won't last if you manage to glue it back
>>
>>5548467
so if I manage to take the shaft out destroyed how can I fix it?

I was just thinking about supergluing the foot back on and not touching it ever again
>>
Talk to Papi or Mellow or one of the other usuals in the customs thread. You can't save the joint so might as well ask them how to replace it.
>>
>>5548468
You can only fix it if you get a replacement joint via buying similar parts, recasting, 3D printing, etc

Otherwise, just glue it fixed
>>
>>5548424

>>5545797
>>
>>5548484
thanks I will give this a try.

wasn't expecting the VAH Chopper to be so fragile.
>>
>>5548497
You're better off ignoring >>5548484 and just getting a new joint. That image he linked to might be valid for styrene model kits but glue won't work on the types of plastics they use for figure joints. Instead of having a non moving glued part of the figure you can actually get it functioning again by replacing it.
>>
>>5548507
Does AmiAmi sell replacement parts?
>>
>>5548424
>What should I do?
Fix it, retard
>>
>>5548507
>glue won't work on the types of plastics they use for figure joints

Yes it will, I've drill-pinned tons of figure joints with regular superglue and had no problems.
>>
>>5548508
If you got it from Amiami, they might be able to hook you up with a new foot. Just say "I-it came like that!!"
>>
>>5548497
Well his arms and legs look really tiny. You hamhand.

How is Vah Chopper btw?
>>
>>5548424
Throw it in the trash, as fitting for your taste in anime.

It hardly looks like it's meant to move to begin with
>>
>>5549215
Whew, someone's on their period.
>>
File: 1444932600502.jpg (81 KB, 737x621) Image search: [Google]
1444932600502.jpg
81 KB, 737x621
>>5549215
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.