[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can you fine gents tell me about the Kaiyodo 200X line?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (172 KB, 1955x1240) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
172 KB, 1955x1240
What can you fine gents tell me about the Kaiyodo 200X line?
>>
Nothing. But I can tell you that if you're thinking of going FotNS, you'll probably want the Revoltechs. While it's not the BEST, many of them are pretty cheap because they semi-recently got Legacy rereleases and there's a lot of characters in that line and they're solid figures.
>>
>>5545448
Now that's a succinct answer. Thanks a ton, anon.
>>
>>5545452
No problem. Also, good taste. FotNS is great shit. Don't change.
>>
>>5545453
SAS one day, amirite?
>>
>>5545460
Something man.. I'd like SOMEthing updated. Maybe for the next big anniversary, but it'd probably be a $200 bust or statue...

Also, I wish Shachi and Ryuga got Roveltechs.

(inb4 someone says just customize Jonathan SAS)
>>
The shoulder on mine broke when i was taking it out of the box.
It seems the plastic was rotten or something.

I can clip it over, but it will fall if im not utra careful
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 536x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 536x800
>>5545490

Yup
>>
>>5545715
Her face
Wtf
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 718x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 718x800
>>5545715

I want to imagine a Raoh in this scale
>>
>>5545771
i'd fuck that face.

go to hell.
>>
>>5545312
I bought him and Raoh many years ago at a suncoast video. Solid figs but stiffish joints.
>>
>>5545777
That movie was a goddamn mistake. Jagi is the worst piece of shit, yet he gets so much merchandise.
>>
>>5545807
how's the farticulation?
>>
>>5545777
Tell me about Jagi, why does he wear the mask?
>>
File: worst girl.png (1 MB, 1030x767) Image search: [Google]
worst girl.png
1 MB, 1030x767
>>5545817
Nobody cared about me until I put on the mask.
>>
>>5545312
I actually bought one of those Ken figures on mandarake last month for a few bucks. What a weird co-inky-dink.

Anyways. It's about 7.5" tall. The articulation is fairly bizarre, but mostly functional. It has weird swivel cuts that are kind of vaguely similar to modern styling of joints but they don't work anywhere near as well. The butterfly joints work okay and allow some decent posing, but the biceps don't swivel smoothly so it kind of wrecks it. The shoulders themselves don't actually have a hinge at all, and are just swivels, so the only lateral motion you get is through the butterfly joint.

The chest has a swivel cut right in the center of it that is pretty well hidden, the lapel of the vest is soft rubber, and below that is a super SUPER floppy ab crunch. The pelvis has a soft rubber overlay, and below that is a screwed-together chunk of plastic that was cracked right out of the package due to over-tightening at the factory and the typical shit quality plastic Xebec/Kaiyodo was using at the time. It's screwed together to trap in balljoints at the top of the legs, which get pretty good range of motion, but there's no thigh swivel to help the posing. The knees don't really work well and have awkward cuts to them, and the ankles have zero hinges. Instead, they're just 2 semi-parallel cuts, one atop the other, that kind of angle the ankles when twisted. They're REALLY shitty. Think of it like having a low calf swivel, and then another swivel right below it. Completely pointless.

He's also pre-posed in kind of a slant, where one leg juts outward more in a static pose than the other. Also, the head sculpt is atrocious. You ever see that one cosplay picture of the kid dressed like Teen Titans cartoon Robin, with the awkward bulge? He has that exact deformed head, and it sucks.

tl;dr: Don't pay more than $15 (shipped) for it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.