[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm gonna get to meet Larry Hama at Joelanta. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 220x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 220x391
So I'm gonna get to meet Larry Hama at Joelanta. What are some good topics to chat about? Will deliver.
>>
Ask him about his thoughts on the new GI Joe: Renegades live action movie. Is he Team Captain Duke or Team errrr Red Deep Six.
>>
>>5545120
He is NOT into 'geeky talk' at ALL so tread lightly & don't talk to him if he is doing a sketch, that'll piss him off.
>>
>>5545120
Katanas.
>>
>>5545271
sounds like a real decent human being to be around. Does he require a fee for autographs as well?
>>
>>5545473
He was a great guy. Humble, man's man type. We talked about Bitcoin and the current state of politics (he doesn't like anyone running currently). Didn't mention Joes once.
>>
>>5545532
So you basically got worthless information and squandered your little time with him
Good job, Anon, you win at being a faggot
Did you ask him about the weather as well?
>>
>>5545534
Yep, it's warm in New York. You mad?
>>
>>5545534
hows life in wageslaveville? :^)
>>
>>5545120
Chaplin's assistants.
Motor pool.
>>
>>5545120
He mostly likes the comics. Be forewarned, hes a douche IRL. I was trying to talk to him once, but brushed me off when i didnt pay for an overly expensive autograph from the poormans stan lee. Also, ask him about cobra-la for us.
>>
>>5545120
Joes are ded
ask him when Bucky O'Hare is getting a reboot
>>
>>5546008
He invented the gi joes
>>
>>5546015
Yeah. The name of the toyline comes actually from his first english words when he arrived from nam as refugee "gee, I joe" meaning "god, finally Im an american"
>>
File: larry hama.jpg (426 KB, 945x1024) Image search: [Google]
larry hama.jpg
426 KB, 945x1024
>>5546015
GI Joe isn't that patriotic.
It's less patriotic than Captain America and Superman, and pretty anti-war inspite of all the awesome action.

Also, my favorite story about Hama
>We went to lunch, but Hama stopped by the bank on the way. Denys Cowan, Ed and myself took up positions in the bank, near the available exits, and just stood around looking, well, Negro. Larry had no idea what we were doing.

>The bank guard got a little antsy, and went behind the counter, presumably to make a phone call, as Larry finally approached a teller, and presented his pistol permit for identification. This is something Larry always did, to amuse himself more than anything else. Larry usually carried two briefcases. Depending on which one it was, he either had a .45 or an Uzi inside (he was licensed for both).

>When the teller began nervously twitching, Hama turned to tell us he'd be a few minutes longer, and saw we had taken up positions around the bank, and also saw that the bank had, suddenly, become polarized by the three black men and the Japanese man with the very long hair, pistol permit, and briefcase.

Larry Hama is a badass and Tunnel Rat was based off of him
>>
File: whatever makes you happy dude.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
whatever makes you happy dude.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>5545534
>trying THIS hard
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.