[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One:12 Dreams Do Come True edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: mezco punisher 1.jpg (60 KB, 489x712) Image search: [Google]
mezco punisher 1.jpg
60 KB, 489x712
You magnificent bastards.
>>
I know what you mean. Mezco has been nailing it out of the park lately.
>>
>>
>>5543382
Looks good.

>>5543529
Looks like shit.
>>
>>5543382
>>5543529
i;m too poor for these, also because I collect too many different lines. Would love to give the Punisher a try though
>>
File: Mezco-One12-Star-Trek-Crew.jpg (2 MB, 1838x2738) Image search: [Google]
Mezco-One12-Star-Trek-Crew.jpg
2 MB, 1838x2738
>>5543455
Nice
>>
I honestly believe they're the only company out there who could make the perfect Shadow action figure. So come on, Mezco, blow us away.
>>
>>5543529
looks like he's wearing jammies
>>
>>5544195
Shadow would great. But I'm really holding out hope for them to do a Phantom.
>>
>>5544205
As in the comic strip character played by Billy Zane in that forgettable movie, or is Phantom something new now?
>>
>>5544210
Nothing new, just the comic character. He's pretty cool.
>>
Only have a Dredd from them so far.

Hope they look into other properties than capeshit. The only upcoming fig they are doing that interests me is the BvS batman, but for that price I'd rather get the Mafex.

Secret hope is that they do a Predator.
>>
>>5544719
They're already doing classic Star Trek and Universal Monsters.

I'd say the chances of them branching out are good, but remember they got the master license from DC/Warner Bros first, and now they've been handed the Marvel Comics license too. They're going to milk those while the milking's good.
>>
>>5544767
who the fuck wants star trek characters? some hyper formof trekkie bazinga tier nerdy social hipster gamergurl? :^)
>>
>>5544768
I'm a 28-year-old cis-white-male conservative shitlord patriarchal oppressor with an irrational hate for Baspingo Bazoople Theory, and I have been waiting for good classic Trek figures for years.
>>
>>5544773

You sound like a horrible person.
>>
>>5544170
It just wouldn't be Enterprise without a Sulu behind the helm.
>>
>>5544768
I grew up on Trek, so me. I doubt even 1% of "nerds" under 30 have seen TOS, so I wouldn't exactly call it trendy in the least. It's not like they opening up the line with savage Khan or something entry level like that.
>>
Cap is up for preorder at $80. While I'd like to support this line, I kinda wish they stayed at the $60-65 range, especially with all of the variants coming out. After shipping it's nearly $100 per figure. You can get two Jap figures for that price and they both would come with more accessories than these.
>>
>>5545166
They're slowly but surely getting the casuals that buy Hot Toys and PAK so naturally the prices are going to start eclipsing $100 soon. It has basically become a line made for kotaku articles and the types of people that don't know the difference between TPBs and graphic novels but they TOTALLY love comics.
>>
>>5545190
Ugh. Just ugh.

I would argue that maybe the Marvel license is what is driving up the price, but you may be on to something with this. The first One:12 Batman was $65, then the Trek figures were $70, the BvS/Shazam figures are $75 and now the new Cap figure is $80.

I see a shitty trend, anon.
>>
>>5545190
>Casuals
>Hot toys
>Toys at all
Nigga come on
>>
>>5545215
...Have you been locked in suspended animation since 1998 or something? Casuals view high priced items as "nerd cred." Why do you think Hot Toys spends so much effort on MCU stuff? It's just made for casuals. Diehard toy collectors wouldn't place $200 worth of value on something with shit articulation and no play factor that is just a glorified shelf space filler.
>>
File: 1399152368842.gif (3 MB, 416x234) Image search: [Google]
1399152368842.gif
3 MB, 416x234
>>5545237
>mfw fake nerd with all this nerd cred
>no one has ever seen them because no friends to show my cred to
>ive been spending thousands on toys to display in my room and lounge when i should really be waving them around in public to show everyone how much a a nerd i am
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.