[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW i can profit from the new ghostbusters movie being fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 600x600
>TFW i can profit from the new ghostbusters movie being fucking shit, by waiting until all the toys are 50% off, and buy all the cool designs of the ghosts at a bargin.
>>
>tfw i'm going to do exactly the same but just with the logo ghost baddie

Great minds think alike
>>
You lost me at
>profit
>>
>>5541533
this
>movie goes to retardation failure
>YET this is a fun looking demon
>and hes gonna go cheap
Perfect
>>
>Red Dragon toy
>Green Dragon in the movie
>>
>>5541533
That thing looked kind of cool in thumbnails but once I got a good look at it I lost interest. Proportions are just so weird.
>>
>>5541557
Yeah, I mean why would a GHOST have odd proportions?

oh wait..
>>
>>5541651
Why are you getting butthurt over some guy not liking the proportions..?
>>
>Toys under produced
>Movie turns out great
>Toys become scarce and valuable
>OP misses out on cool ghosts cause he waited
>>
>>5541667
why are you getting butthurt some guy is getting butthurt over some guy not liking non-human proportions?
>>
>>5541714
Not butthurt, just kind of confused t b h.
>>
>>5541702
i wish GI Joe wasn't popular
>>
>>5541533
any word on the release? im not into the movie obviously but wanting to pick up the creatures.
>>
>>5541533
These are all made by mattel, right? im biased against them.
>>
>>5541533
did you do the same thing for Power of the Force 2
>>
File: 1421195289883.jpg (32 KB, 623x610) Image search: [Google]
1421195289883.jpg
32 KB, 623x610
>>5541702
>Movie turns out great
Pretty sure we don't have to worry about that!
>>
>>5541557
I know right! I can't believe a non-human monster would have non-human proportions! How absolutely bonkers!

I feel like the only reason people complain about proportions is because they can't figure out anything else to say they don't like about it.
>>
>>5541812
Not him, but stylized doesn't necessarily mean everyone will like it. I don't know why you and the "other" Anon is bringing up muh human proportions when no body even mentioned it until now.

I wish he was less top heavy looking and had larger legs, personally, he'd look a little less goofy and unbalanced imo. But hey, you know, stylized proportions are subjective thing. Do you not agree?
>>
>>5541834
>an immaterial winged demon
>unbalanced
I bet you're one of those people who dont want masked characters to be masked so you can look at their emotional faces
>>
>>5541855
"Unbalanced" doesn't necessarily refer to physics, Anon. I was referring to the design itself (too much upper body versus lower body).

I also strongly prefer masked characters, so uh...
>>
>>5541651
>>5541812
>>5541855
Are you a producer for the movie or something, taking all this so personally? Chill. Maybe take a few breaths, pour some tea, take a nice and pleasant walk, and remove the jagged glass dildo that shattered in your ass. People think the toys look dumb, oh well.
>>
File: creepy alien.jpg (41 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
creepy alien.jpg
41 KB, 400x500
>>5541955
whooosh

It's a DEMON.
A fucking demon ghost.
Not a human.

How do you make things look less human?
Oh right, by making it look asymmetrical and giving it non-human proportions. In other words, unbalanced.
>>
>>5541974

Why does it look like shit, then?
>>
>>5541974
>muh human human etc
No body even brought up human proportions until you. Again. Good going.

I don't give a shit about human proportions, I just wish the proportions made it look cooler, not goofy. This is, again, obviously an opinion that you seem very offended by.
>>
>>5541855
>>5541974

I don't like to throw this out all the time....
but I suspect this is subjectanon, itching for an online fight
>>
>>5541984
Shhh. If it isn't him you risk summoning him, and if it is you don't want to out him, it's all over once you out him.
>>
>>5541983
>I just wish the proportions made it look cooler, not goofy
Now this is going to sound a bit odd, due to everything else the Ghostbusters movie is doing, but isn't looking goofy the whole point of most of the Ghostbusters ghosts? They still look creepy, but they're still supposed to look dumb at the same time.
>>
>>5541994
That's a good point, on the other hand though the dog guardian demon didn't look that goofy.
>>
>>5541994
That's fair enough, though I feel this particular one cannot really decide whether it wants to be actually scary (and some of the ghosts aren't really that "goofy"),or not.

It's goofy, but not intentionally goofy? The kind bad of goof. I wouldn't mind if it was goofy, just that it could have been implemented better.
>>
>>5542012
True, but there was a mix of the genuinely creepy ones, such as the dogs and the library ghost, but there were also plenty of goofy-creepy ones, most notably Slimer. And by the trailer, it looks like the new one is doing the same thing. Again, the librarian ghost was pretty ghost-like, but then you got more odd ones in the rest of the trailer.

Honestly, I think the ghost designs (despite their way too bright neon colors) is one of the few things this movie has going good for it.
>>
>>5542028
I agree with the ghost designs. Definitely wouldn't pay money to watch it in theatres, though.

OP's pic makes me wish translucent figures were more common. Some of the joints being clear themselves is a little worrying however.
>>
>>5542038
>Definitely wouldn't pay money to watch it in theatres, though.
Certainly, me neither. I was just giving credit where I thought it was due.
>>
File: mulefa_from_the_amber_spyglass.jpg (104 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
mulefa_from_the_amber_spyglass.jpg
104 KB, 900x675
>>5541983
>i didn't specifically state it should have human proportions, just that it has proportions like a human!
this is you, when you're asking for the legs to be longer and not be top heavy, to look more human.
>>
>>5542075
I don't know how a person's reading comprehension could be this terrible, honestly.
>>
>>5542089
They're trolling.
>>
>>5541702
>>Movie turns out great
>>
>>5541702
Your post is good advice... but it sure as fuck doesn't apply to this movie.

Except maybe that "Toys under produced" part, anyone know how full on they're going with the merch for this film?

The ghosts and that blonde one (if there's a 6" of her) are pretty much the only things I might pick up.
>>
>>5541533
The basic figures will be pegwarmers OP & will probably be chiseled down but sets & deluxe figs seem to sell down before clearance, but that also depends on where you live too if you are going by retailers.
>>
>>5542961
They don't even look anything like them, wow. If they include older gen ghostbusters stuff in the line, that might help its sales, but otherwise I don't think it's going to do well at all.
>>
>>5542983
Personally im just getting the creatures
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.