[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vintage toy shops in Berlin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: shopguide_golden_04.jpg (146 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shopguide_golden_04.jpg
146 KB, 800x600
Hello /toy/! I'm visiting Berlin in a couple of weeks and I plan to look for some vintage toys.
Mainly stuff from the 60's, 70's, 80's and some 90's.
Google gives me a fair pick but I would love to hear from locals and other visitors.
Help a friend out?

>TL;DR: Vintage toy shops in Berlin, Germany.
>>
>>5538896
Here where I live there's only one, and they're fucking assholes. If you ever want to sell/trade they'll tell you your shit's worthless and deliberately rip you off. I had the owner try to tell me my original perfect-condition straight-arm Cobra Commander was only worth $5.

There used to be more, but as nerd culture shifted due to the leftist hijacking and takeover so did the rest of the comic shops, which now only deal with new inventory to retail.
>>
>>5538986
Sounds like most of Europe then.
I will spend money, not trade anything, so that's a relief.
Can you name the store?
>>
>>5538998
Alien Worlds in Texas
>>
>>5539003
Oh, haha. I thought you were German, I missed the "Here where I live".
Owner sounds like fucking shithead anyway.
>>
To be honest, if you expect something as shown in your image with old-ass tokusatsu, anime/manga and American comic stuff then you'll be sorely disappointed.
Germany doesn't really have that nostalgia-nerd culture which would warrant those kind of toy shops and, from my own experience, even the normal comic stores themselves feature mostly the latest mainstream stuff with the occasional oddity thrown in that makes you wonder just how the fuck it got there in the first place.
Hell, the most vintage thing I ever found in them were some old bootleg model kits from Galient and Macross.
>>
>>5539085
Gotcha, but I am looking for all vintage stuff. Mostly western by design.
>>
>>5539115
Then antique shops (which are WAY more common) would be your best bet, especially if you by any chance fancy tin toys, board games, stuffed animals and the like.
>>
File: 13_10.jpg (93 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
13_10.jpg
93 KB, 640x427
>>5539129
Thanks anon, I'll search yelp or something similar for more info and addresses.
>>
Not in Berlin, but in Rhode Island there is a shop called Toy Vault. The owner is a huge asshole. I heard him explain to a small kid that he can't sell him a certainTransformer because he knows the kid will take it out of the box and that toys are meant to be collected and stay MIP.
I card bend there frequently, I keep it soldier as fuck.
>>
File: evilest.gif (391 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
evilest.gif
391 KB, 500x362
>>5544488
>card bend
If that means what I think it means, you're a fucking genius.
>>
>>5545132
What does it mean? Or at least what do you think it means?
>>
>>5546480
You bend and destroy stuff in decent condition? Yes?
>>
>>5538986
>but as nerd culture shifted due to the leftist hijacking and takeover
My sides!

Daily reminder that The Uncanny X-Men (1963) was about exploring issues surrounding racial prejudice
>>
File: Chaotic Good.png (30 KB, 1212x266) Image search: [Google]
Chaotic Good.png
30 KB, 1212x266
>>5544488
God's work.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.