[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1/12 scale black swordsman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
Hey guys. Does anyone have the medicom guts? I just got my tax refund and I'm thinking about getting it. Is it any good? Keep in mind that I don't have any 1/12 scale action figures and I've never had one with real pants. I'm worried the material might rip. And I guess 1/12 scale general.
>>
That's 1/6, anon. 1/12 scale figures are 6 inches. 1/6 are 12 inches.
>>
>>5538583
Shit. Meant to say 1/6. I keep getting 12 inch and 1/6 mixed together. Let me try this again
>>
>>5538614
Hey guys. Does anyone have the medicom guts? I just got my tax refund and I'm thinking about getting it. Is it any good? Keep in mind that I don't have any 1/6 scale action figures and I've never had one with real pants. I'm worried the material might rip. And I guess 1/6 scale general.
>>
RAH Guts is fucking dope, mate. Best use for a tax refund

If you want 1/12 probably you are looking for Figma Band of the Hawk Guts
>>
Since this appears to be a Guts thread,

Has anyone tried making a cloth cape for the Band of the Hawk Guts figma?
He's a great figure but his turkey neck makes him look kinda weird without the cape, but with the cape on he can barely stand on his own.
I know that's the point of figma stands but I like to pose my figures without them as much as I can.
And how about a hooded cape for his Julius assassination look? Anybody?
>>
>>5538646
Pics? Plus how is the real clothing? Is it delicate?
>>
I kind of want to see some damaged rah figures. Does anyone have any pics of they're damaged figures?like the clothing paint or the joints?
>>
File: IMG_20160307_140356~01~01.jpg (250 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_140356~01~01.jpg
250 KB, 960x1280
>>5538568
>>5538738
Not that anon, but I got Guts last week and I think he's amazing. The material doesn't seem too delicate. The armor pieces are made of a soft rubber-like material, and his pants are pleather. No clue how they'll hold up over time, but I imagine of you keep it out of the sun and extreme heat it'll be fine. The cape is a nice thick material and has wires spread through to allow for more dynamic posing.
Guts is only the second RAH I own but I'm extremely happy with him. There are a few nitpicks I have but they're minor. You should go for it anon.
>>
>>5538812
Op here. Thanks. Love the pic. I probably will be getting it. Any recommended place to get it from? I got it pulled up on amazon for $250 is that a good price?
>>
>>5538742
>>>/d/
>>
hey not trying to hijack the thread but can you fine fellows give a quick rundown of the pros and cons of the guts figmas?
>>
File: IMG_20160302_141115~01.jpg (198 KB, 720x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160302_141115~01.jpg
198 KB, 720x1200
>>5538847
Thanks anon. I got mine from Mandarake for 24000 yen, 20k on Guts, 4k for EMS shipping. Really recommend you get it there since you'll end up saving a good amount of money.
>>
>>5538859
Ok thanks. I've never ordered from mandarake but I'll give it a look.
>>
>>5538913
Mandarake is one of my go-to stores, can't recommend them enough

>>5538852
Also interested in this. Specifically Golden Age Guts. I've got Berserker Armor Guts coming in tomorrow and I'm planning on getting him next.
>>
>>5538568
Apparently the cape is really shitty material.
>>
>>5538568
What about the Threezero Guts?
>>
>>5538974
I don't know what you're talking about, I have him and the cloak is a very fine material, it feels very soft yet sturdy, and it has numerous wires in it to take forms
>>
>>5538980
the head is smaller on the 3zero and the resemblance is off. Its not out yet but rumor has it that 3zero is working on a berserker armor guts so I'm holding out for that
>>
>>5540003
>head is smaller
Oh wow, I thought it was just the shoulderpads making it look like that, but now that I look again, shit that's tiny. I hope Skullknight turns out better.
>resemblance is off
Yeah but Guts' face changes every 5 volumes or so, just give it a few years and the manga will match it.
>>
I have the 3 figma Gutts and I can vouch for them.
>>
>>5540658
pros/cons?
>>
I got Berserker Armor Guts today so I thought I'd write down some quick pros/cons. Only got to fiddle with him for an hour so I may have missed some stuff.

PROS
>Sculpt
The sculpt is beautiful and hides the joints really well.
>Articulation
The armor is made up of a lot of segmented pieces which allows for a surprisingly wide range of movement.
>Schierke
Nice addition of Schierke's astral form. Not enough Schierke out there so it's great to see her included.
>Hands
There are 7 sets of hands included. 2 racks with 3 sets each, plus the default hands. That's a lotta hands.
>Dragonslayer
The Dragonslayer is not as heavy as I expected to be. You can have Guts hold it with one hand without it dragging his entire arm down.

CONS
>Cost
The current price for this Guts is going for is pretty outrageous. 15k for a figma is pretty put there.
>Cape
The cape is far too heavy, which means you pretty much have to use a stand with Guts. Also because of the weight it pulls back Guts' torso joint so if you want his torso crunched down you need something supporting the cape from the back.
>Hands
The figure uses the old style figma hands, which is a slight con for me. I prefer the new ball joint hand joints, especially for sword wielding characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
441 KB, 1920x1280
He's pretty awesome anon, go for it. There are a couple of minor nitpicks I have with it for the price, like the chains and clasp they used are a bit shoddy and look like dollar store jewelry supplies, but overall it's really solid, and way more dynamic and poseable than the bulky armor lets on.
>>
File: tumblr_nysi73zRNq1sqr7kvo1_540.png (202 KB, 540x493) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nysi73zRNq1sqr7kvo1_540.png
202 KB, 540x493
it's the best representation of guts you can get unless the sword in the wind figure ever comes out
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.