[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Five Below is opening in my area
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 533c16b3cbf30.image.jpg (110 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
533c16b3cbf30.image.jpg
110 KB, 500x500
What can i expect to find toy wise?
>>
A shit ton of Duck Dynasty Pops.

You'll only get stuff that binned so hard that they couldn't sell it even at 90 percent off. Though the Five Below near me is the only place from here to Boston that sells Ramune for under three dollars a bottle, so that's nice if you're a disgusting weeaboo.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>5535672
>Though the Five Below near me is the only place from here to Boston that sells Ramune for under three dollars a bottle, so that's nice if you're a disgusting weeaboo.
Gee, i wonder whos behind this post
>>
>>5535649
Like other anon said, tons of shit that didnt sell. Mivie toys mainly. Avengers, iron man, gi joe, etc. Sometimes good, sometimes nothing.
>>
>>5535712
Sometimes good sometimes nothing is the best description possible, OP. At one point they had a bunch of Transformers Prime shit, got Rumble, Dead End and Kup, they had a few Vehicons but I never dug those
>>
The absolute best things I saw their were some Legacy of Kaine toys around a decade ago that my dumb self didn't buy(no idea which company did the particular line, though Bluebox or the other one.not NECA, though).

Still other good stuff, but its years in between it usually. The DotM and TFPrime Transformers deluxes got some flak, but at $5 a pop they were great buys. The Gi Joe Retaliation also got dumped on there, and they were ridiculously good deals considering the amount of accessories some of them had. That said it seems like in recent years they get less and less of that in favor of stuff like Titan Heroes and hero mashers. Its odd because a lot of the Transformers deluxes from the 4th movie are still shelfwarming, yet they never got sent to close out retailers.
>>
>>5535712
>Sometimes good, sometimes nothing.
Largely nothing. Transformers and Marvel Hero Mashers. GI Joe Retaliation and IM2/Avengers Animated might have been the height of the awesome action figures. That massive animated style Hulk was worth the $5.
>>
A few years back I got some RTS scouts there for 5 bucks. Got 2 windchargers and some others. They have some comics as well. But mine right now has prime legends toys.
>>
a lot of your 5 belows sound much better than my Ross's, Marshall'ses, Fallas's etc. We dont get 5 belows here in the west coast, and good stuff is rare most of the time
>>
Blind bags
>>
>>5535649
You want to keep an eye on five below now and then. Like most anons already said, largely nothing and what they get is usually pretty far behind the retail period. But you never know when some gems pop up there, especially from a company that went under a couple years prior.

I know this isn't directly toy related but around the period of 2012 and 2013 they were selling off a large supply of both pirates of the Spanish Maine and the Star Wars pocket model card games by wiz kids, when wiz kids was shut down a good four years or so prior to that. Yes I know they were bought up the following year but those two lines were not only not restarted, but the sets the five belows were selling came from a couple years before the shutdown and long gone from any store shelves.

So again, never know what may show up there, even more so if you are into the niche things.
>>
Chocorooms. I don't care if its just cracker with a bit of chocolate on it, they're addictive.
>>
>>5535649
Shitty figures. I saw some Transformers deluxe figures there, but they only had the ones that were regarded as terrible, like Arachnid.
>>
>>5535734
>DotM deluxes
There's a discount store locally that has, no exaggeration, more than ten Topspins... and NOTHING ELSE.
>>
>>5536872
Yeeees!

Other than those delicious little bastards, and generally an ample supply of LEGO CMFs you won't find much worth having. As has been mentioned, they have carried movie figures, but they tend to only last for a little while. Rest of the time it's junk.
>>
Lately it's been a shit show there. Occasionally you find a good mix there like when they got those GI Joe movie figs before. I was flipping Night Vipers for @$40 and Ultimate Storm Shadows for @$25-30 on the bay. It was nice cause it was funding new a new camera and lens I was buying. But it's been years and hasn't been anything like that in a while.
>>
OP here, i'll take a look when mine opens, thanks for the intel.
>>
If you're into Marvel Infinite they have Omega Red/Valkyrie wave for $5.
>>
>>5537073
Speaking of lego, I've seen mixels at mine.
>>
Mine had those, as well as the newest wave of CMF, albeit picked over. I would have been excited for those if I hadn't been getting them for 2.97 at a regional grocery store.
>>
I remember years ago this Five Below near me had TONS of xevoz in stock
It was fucking awesome
>>
I go there for phone cases and those power bank batteries. Their toy sections mainly full of off brand robots, Duck Dynatsy pops (With Panthro... and ONLY Panthro) the same three Prime legends, with the occasional TF deluxe (I recently picked up AoE Lockdown. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.)

They do get some weird games in everyso often,
>>
>>5535672
Braintree?
>>
>>5543472
I miss that Borders.
>>
>>5537170
Fucking die scalper scum.
>>
>>5544184
>Being this mad
>>
>>5543472
Other side of Boston, on the north shore, actually. I wish I was south of Boston. Then the closest Ikea might be less than an hour away. On the plus side, my shooting range is only a half hour away and I don't have to worry about Boston traffic most of the time.
>>
>>5544130
Same. You should come to the Plaza Newbury Comics and bitch about it with me.

>>5545027
Do you go out to Harvard? I did that once with a bunch of krauts. Fun times.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.