[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bring back Visionaries as a 1:12 line.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: lrg-packaged-front.jpg (455 KB, 974x1535) Image search: [Google]
lrg-packaged-front.jpg
455 KB, 974x1535
Bring back Visionaries as a 1:12 line.
>>
I have faint memories of the old cartoon. Had one of the figures but lost it years ago.
>>
I totally forgot about these. Probably got some in the attic. I love anything with holograms or whatever you call the stuff that on things like the Cobra b.a.t.s.
>>
>>5534724
BATs have lenticular lenses over printed cards, not holograms.

And I'd buy a new line of Visionaries.
>>
just buy some Lego Nexo Knights
>>
Won't come back in it's original form.

Hasbro wanted to harvest the name for a Yugi-Oh rip off property in the 00s, at the height of the 80s nostalgia boom.
>>
>>5534164
would buy.

but it would work better as 1/18. so the vehicles would be cheaper
>>
>>5534164
I got almost all the bad guys some time ago.
Half of them super used condition but i kinda like it...i imagine a kid back in 80s actually got them and they were a part of his life.
Also none of their holograms even visible anymore.
>>
>>5534919
>at the height of the 80s nostalgia boom.
i think we are still during that boom
>>
>>5535363
Nah, we're in the 90s nostalgia boom now. The Michael Bay Ninja Turtles movie is a good line for when the 80s hype switched to the 90s.

And speaking of nostalgia, what was that show where the Mortal Kombat-esque warriors fought for that belt with the medallions in it? Bring that shit back.
>>
>>5535394
TMNT was 80s
Came out the same year as Visionaries, Beverly Hills Teens, Ducktales, Dinosaurcers, etc
>>
>>5534164
Fucking A, I actually remember most of the incantations for the staves too.
>>
>>5535962
This.
We actually having Duck Tales made in future. They working on that series right now.
Also
>Literally Ghostbusters
>>
>>5535394
>what was that show where the Mortal Kombat-esque warriors fought for that belt with the medallions in it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMAC_Masters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR66Fjczwfk

Rumor has it, Hasbro wants to do some sort of Visionaries movie, or comic or cartoon or something. It's one of many franchises they *want* to bring back, but are too afraid to bother trying. Had the Hub stuck around longer and their deal with Dreamworks went through, we'd probably see more of these possible projects.
>>
>>5534164
I can see the guys at Four Horsemen doing this. They rebooted Power Lords and Skeleton Warriors.
>>
File: Webisode_01_1488x837.jpg (300 KB, 1488x837) Image search: [Google]
Webisode_01_1488x837.jpg
300 KB, 1488x837
>>5537081
>They rebooted Power Lords and Skeleton Warriors.

and what total flops they were. the lego reboot is superior by the way
>>
>>5536796
You must not have heard. Hasbro has a whole cinematic universe in the works that will include GI Joe, Visionaries, Rom, MASK, and Micronauts.
>>
>>5535345
>but it would work better as 1/18
He probably wants it to have a chance at success.
>>
>>5535962
Yeah, the point was that Bay Turtles bombing marked the end of 80s nostalgia. That and Robocop came out around the same time and both flopped hard enough to prove that 80s nostalgia alone doesn't sell shit any more.
>>
>>5537179
Bay Turtles didn't bomb though.
>>
>>5537179
>80s nostalgia alone doesn't sell shit any more
Yeah, an actual effort is required, too.
>>
I'd much rather see a new line of Supernaturals but since Hasbro acquired Tonka there's no chance of that ever happening.
>>
>>5537179
>bay turtles bombing
>end of nostalgia

did you miss out on the sequel trailers and huge display mattel had for their megabloks line?
>>
>>5537179

80s nostalgia will never die, sir.
>>
The Visionaries cartoon was rad. I remember an episode where the bad guys won and gained control of a magic book and they abused the power to the point the planet was tearing itself apart and Satan came out of the ground and told them they ended the world.
>>
>>5537413
Ghostbusters sure will, thanks to feminism.
>>
>>5537081
Four Horsemen did Skeleton Warriors? I thought that was another group.
>>
>>5537479
October Toys, not 4H, did Skeleton Warriors.
>>
Does anyone know the name of a cartoon where humans mutate into bug people and fight eachother while riding giant insects? It came out around the same period as visionaries I think.
>>
File: normal anti.jpg (182 KB, 989x559) Image search: [Google]
normal anti.jpg
182 KB, 989x559
>>5537428
>muh feminist boogeyman

because the Nazi ideology is so much better of an alternative, right, /pol/? No one ever violating the guy in charge, no cultural development, no questioning, everyone just goose stepping in unison and devoting their lives to der fuhrer.
>>
>>5537642

Sectaurs?
>>
I am also an oldfag and would love this.
>>
>>5537404
I was trying to remember what that line was called.
>>
>>5537669

Yep, that's them. Thanks.

>>5537668

Not that guy but you just described any leftist irl movement ever. I grew up around such people.
>>
>>5537668
I can't tell if this is a troll or some kind of parody of a troll.
>>
>>5537128
Oh I heard that. I was just ignoring it because it's a hideously stupid idea.

>>5537179
The Turtles movie didn't bomb, it's getting a sequel (which actually looks better then the first one) and is pretty much the second most popular toyline on the shelves next to Star Wars (based on shelf space it's given).

And Robocop bombed because it was a flaccid uninspired film that didn't contain any of the things that made the original great. They ignored all the over the top gore/violence and all the tongue-in-cheek social jokes and went for a straight, simple action movie.

>>5537481
Or rather, they tried. They had one successful KS selling basic 5" skeletons and the main badguy, but their second KS for a 1/18th Grimskull failed.

Had they gone for an actual 6" scale and not focused on the whole Glyos joint bit it probably would've done better, but October Toys is all about the Glyos so I guess they were more or less doomed from the start.
>>
>>5537128
Oh god dammit, does this mean Marvels never gonna get the rights back to Rom?
>>
>>5534168
I only had one figure too that I got in an Ebay lot, and OP posted the same one.

I found them to be ok in concept but under-developed and under-supported by Hasbro still living off of GI Joe and transformers as their boy-brand cash cows.

I wouldn't mind see them return as long as they had hologram stickers.
>>
>>5538821
I figure at the very least, the MASK movie will probably be pretty good. It would take a lot of effort to fuck up that premise. I'm also hoping Micronauts leads Takara to reviving Microman.

>>5538873
They never had the rights. Rom was always a licensed character.
>>
>>5540039
Well does it mean they'll never have the license for him again?
>>
>>5540067
Considering they quietly killed off all the Spaceknights in the last big cosmic crossover, I kinda doubt they're getting them back any time soon
>>
>>5534164
YES

Or 1:18.
>>
>>5537404
DUUUUUDE. supernaturals were that shit.
>>
>>5535394
80s is just making some room for 90s stuff. But 80s stuff was such a creative boom that people will keep going back to it. Also maybe we'll get back some love of 70s with our 90s

>>5537428
Judge the movie when it comes out. There's no reason girls = lame unless you're like a 5 year old boy, and even then about half of your male peers are already ahead of you and trying to figure out how to get the girl they have a crush on to like them.
>>
I wish Hasbro would really utilize the properties it has instead of fucking about and wielding them like a dildo. I know the success of Transformers was a huge thing for them as a company and how big it was came as something of a surprise but since then there's been like 7(?) more Hasbro films to hit theaters. Once the 4th Transformers movie hit they were like "eh fuck it here's some dinobots and some shit we just threw together at the last minute" and despite the mass quantities retail buyers initially made of Rise of Cobra the films are the reason the G.I. Joe brand is back in hibernation again. Then there's Battleship, an action movie based on a toy company's brand that didn't even get an action figure tie-in, and the abortion of a licensed Jem movie. And then The Hub trainwreck, which outside of My Llittle Pony and Transformers was basically flushing money away. Did they really need 65 episodes of a new Pound puppies cartoon when the original would have been just as new to their target audience? Or a terrible game show based on their board games? If they'd stop trying to turn everything into a huge multimedia franchise and just make some decent toys they could relaunch things like Visionaries. Even Lego's got their own IP franchises now.
>>
>>5535394
>>5545982
I'm curious, but aside from the Power Rangers movie, what 90s stuff is coming back?
>>
>>5546108
Clintons.
>>
File: $_119.jpg (25 KB, 236x332) Image search: [Google]
$_119.jpg
25 KB, 236x332
>>5534164
We had those in the 80s but they weren't called Visionaries tho.
>>
>>5545982
>Judge the movie when it comes out.
The advertising of the movie is trying to bank on the fact that it has an "all female cast" and the trailers pretty much try to sell the movie as a comedy on the same level as an Adam Sandler movie. Could just be misleading marketing, but it seems like the remake is just taking the very surface level elements of what made the original great and regurgitating them while leaving the core to rot.
>>
>>5546344
this
>>
>>5545982
>There's no reason girls = lame unless you're like a 5 year old boy

It's going to suck because it's an unnecessary reboot of a beloved franchise.

Also, do you remember how fucking apeshit ballistic feminists went when the rumor of an additional all-male sequel was floated?

Diversity! It's a one-way street, folks!
>>
>>5537081
>4horsemen
Honestly don't like em for this.
>>
>>5546344
You do realize they both came out the same year?
>>
>>5546306
Ha, Ha Anon, you got me there.
>>
File: visionaries_badass_artwork.jpg (214 KB, 664x1548) Image search: [Google]
visionaries_badass_artwork.jpg
214 KB, 664x1548
surprised no one posted the amazing artwork
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.