[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who is going to part out their subscription for 3 times what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1457078652070.jpg (122 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
1457078652070.jpg
122 KB, 600x380
So who is going to part out their subscription for 3 times what it cost?
>>
>>5530187
>So who is going to part out their subscriptionfor 3 times what it cost
Certainly not you.

Only Mumm-Ra will be of high value right away and it will only fetch you $65, tops, for at least 2 years, and even less if, by the time SDCC rolls around, they introduce the Mumm-Ra that everyone actually wants. Lion-o and Panthra may have some early heat to them on ebay due to nostalgiafags and normies seeing kotaku articles about them or some such shit, but seasoned collectors will know that main characters typically have HUGE production runs and Mattel just stores them for mattycollector sales and general CS issues.

After shipping and ebay fees, you'll be lucky to pull $50 in profit per subscription if you sell them this year or next. Taking into account the time it will take to list the items, package the items and arrange for them to be picked up/drop them off, plus the inevitable buyer complaints that you will have to deal with, your profit over time spent will barely be worth that of minimum wage.
>>
>>5530320
I just posted to see if that derpy mod would delete this thread like the other one.

But, to counter your point, look at the going prices for the Filmation He-Man.
>>
>>5530483
Actually, until that deep comes along, I may as well respond. Putting Panthro and LionO in the same year was stupid. That leaves only one big cat for next year. How the mutants do depends on how Jackalman is received. When a 3rd year doesn't happen and leaves incomplete teams, it'll be too late.
>>
>>5530483
Why does he delete thundercats threads?
>>
>>5530528

They killed his father.
>>
>tfw 2011 pumyra never
That love triangle plotline really killed the series desu.
>>
>>5530528
I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he thought it was a bait thread thanks to how poorly scalpers and even just resellers are treated.
>>
>>5530575
This one, sure, but there was nothing wrong with the previous one. That wasn't the first time a Thundercats thread was deleted for no reason either.
>>
>>5530320

It's working guys

This guy has bought in hook line and sinker to why they make else subscription based lines.

>mah value!
>>
>>5530843
You tell your credit card issuer that you lost your card and they issue a new one with a new number. It's OK for Mattel to lie about what they're selling, it's OK for customers to lie about paying for it.
>>
>>5530483
>But, to counter your point, look at the going prices for the Filmation He-Man
Okay... and? Did you bother reading my post before you posted, or did you just imagine what I wrote and replied to that? I said

>Lion-o and Panthra may have some early heat to them on ebay due to nostalgiafags and normies seeing kotaku articles about them or some such shit, but seasoned collectors will know that main characters typically have HUGE production runs and Mattel just stores them for mattycollector sales and general CS issues

That's exactly where Filmation He-Man is right now. Normies don't know that "sold out" doesn't mean actually sold out on mattycollector, especially with something that is going to be reissued at least twice.
>>
>>5531574
Matty hasn't done a real reissue in years, if ever. There is no massive production run to fall back on. Oh, a few will trickle out here and there but if you missed the boat, you missed the boat.
>>
>>5530320
What I don't get is that's most of scalping in general.
The time and money wasted to earn that extra profit is almost never worth it.
It's like picker shit that people do
You'll get one good flip out of hundreds millions or never
>>
>>5531681
INCORRECT

But you can keep thinking that. Go ahead. Keep thinking that. It's ok.
>>
>>5531710
Tell me how I'm wrong? The fact you tell me to keep thinking it means you have no answer.
>>
>>5531715
Or do I?

Realistically, scalping works best at a local level. The internet is too competitive for making a decent buck. Human psychology, man. Once they get that toy in their hands, they will pay almost anything.

Got some PAK Lurkers and Spitters for ~$30 a piece, they go for $60-75 on eBay and I sold them locally for ~$90-100. Just an example.

Anyway, think what you like.
>>
>>5531659
You are incredibly new to mattycollector, and that's fine, but in time you will learn. I suggest in the meantime not to talk about things that you don't know about, or if you do wish to talk about them, not to feign knowledge about the subject. Reissues happened, and they make a lot of overstock. They were selling original He-Man up until November of 2014. That's 6 years after it was first released. And I say "first" because they did reissue He-Man amongst many others, that's why you see "THE ORIGINAL" on the packaging of some figures (though some figures had "THE ORIGINAL" on their initial run).

>>5531681
It's a mixture of hedging bets, dumb luck, and not really valuing ones own time.
>>
>>5531745
>They were selling original He-Man up until November of 2014
Excuse me, *through* November 2014, which was the last big cyber monday sale that he-Man was made available for. If I recall correctly there was still stock going into 2015.
>>
>>5530483

I've watched each of these threads fall off of the board.

They're not being deleted, just no one gives a damn.
>>
>>5531738
>The internet is too competitive for making a decent buck.
What? It's the easiest. You can do it from home and you don't have to seek out your buyers nearly as aggressively or have a store and overhead to offer the goods.
It's still not easy money but I can't believe your being serious you have to be shitposting
>Got some PAK Lurkers and Spitters for ~$30 a piece, I sold them locally for ~$90-100. Just an example
Exactly my point for the leg work, time and energy you had to put into it let alone find the buyers for what? $60? $70 bucks a pop? A kid working minimum wage would run circles around you in profit gain.
>>5531745
>and not really valuing ones own time.
That's the part I really don't get. There has to be some part of the primitive brain function/element I'm not catching here to want waste that much time and energy flipping what a day at a basic job would earn you in a faction of the time.
Then again most irl scalpers I meet come from some pretty shitty backgrounds and some don't work and leech off a person(s) so maybe there is brain problems on top of all that.
>>
>>5530483
Dude they just drop off fast.
Thundercats is a dead brand
Anyone that grew up with the show is between 30 and 45 years old, that's not a big age willing to blow cash like that.
It's not like TFs TMNT or even He-Man that at least claim some cultural strength in the IP over the decades.
>>
>>5531790
>so maybe there is brain problems on top of all that
Welcome to the entire hobby of adult figure collecting.
>>
>>5531805
Dude I get that there will always be an impractical side to this but blowing a good pile of money but getting gains that hardly equal a weekend job in pay but take more time, money, and energy?
It just seems like there is some hidden factor into the stupid.
>>
>>5531790
It's ok. You keep thinking that.
>>
>>5531784
>>5531794
The threads will probably last longer once there's actually something to talk about.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.