[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exo Squad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 800x600
Who Exo Squad here?
Fantastic American mecha show with a great toy line!
Share your thoughts, your memories, your Nara fanfiction
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 432x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 432x326
>>5528366
I remember the Robotech cross over was great. I was I kept the few I bought back then.
>>
Love the show, but since I just watched it a couple years ago, I never had any of the toys. It's really surprising how good the writing and storytelling is for a 90s cartoon. It doesn't pull any punches and it actually feels like a war is going on.
>>
File: Invid Scout 1.jpg (33 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
Invid Scout 1.jpg
33 KB, 320x318
didnt know what this was from til after i found it at a convention. i want to find a shock trooper for a good price too at some point
>>
Me and my brother were big time into the show and the toys when we were young. It's funny, towards the end of its run on the shelves you were far more likely to see those recycled/rebranded Macross toys rather than the actual show's mecha. Especially those stupid 3" versions of the Macross stuff that glutted the shelves and no one wanted.
>>
>>5528366
i really enjoyed this toyline as a kid

>>5528489
this always confused me as a kid since they never did the crossover for the show due to cancellation, so they were never even televised.

that's right, folks, America's best response to Japan's space mecha anime was going to do a Robotech crossover and it got CANCELLED by some CEO faggot
>>
File: odd01.jpg (210 KB, 629x472) Image search: [Google]
odd01.jpg
210 KB, 629x472
>>5528397
I'm still upset Hasbro cucked the Veritech from being transformable in the 80's, and it's a shame Playmates didn't use their release to remidy this. I'd kill for a transforming Veritech that can hold a 3 & 3/4 figure.
>>
>>5528366

Just started watching the show again and it's actually pretty good. Outside of Able squad not using standard issue e-frames (we can sell toys of different designs!), the storyline is great. Every character has their own legit struggles, even that retarded neosapien scientist who is actually a dumbass.
>>
Loved that show and the toys. Sadly the figures I had are lost. Replacements are like $100 now. Feels bad.
>>
i had some samurai looking motherfucker
>>
File: IMG_1530.jpg (2 MB, 2376x1584) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1530.jpg
2 MB, 2376x1584
I still have all mine
>>
>>5529252
Am jelly. My mom got rid of all mine.
>>
>>5529252
did the first run have the flip top boxes? or was that the second
>>
>>5529296
Mine are all first run, they all have em except the later Kay-Bee Exclusives like the Pirates didn't have them.
>>
>>5529395
It's too bad that as a kid I never appreciated all the insane small details that they put into the packaging. As an adult it's so refreshing to see that kind of thing.
>>
File: picture-089[1].jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
picture-089[1].jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
I have the entire series minus a few weird, rare variants. Fuck I wish I had pics on this PC. Guess I'll have to take some photos after I move this weekend.

Here's one photo I have, though.
>>
>>5529395
Man, reminds me, wish I had bought those KB tech wars recolors when they were dirt cheap around 2001.
>>
More pics pl0x!
>>
>>5530004
I only ever found the DeLeon and Phaeton ones. It's a shame they're so rare and expensive now. They make great troop builders/cannon fodder.
>>
File: Neo-command(alternate).gif (31 KB, 376x426) Image search: [Google]
Neo-command(alternate).gif
31 KB, 376x426
Anyone know if they ever made the Mass Produced Blue Versions of the Command E-Frame Phaeton wore in season 1 that later appeared in season 2 as canon fodder?
>>
>>5530662
does anyne have pics of the exclusives?
>>
>>5530662

They're rare. I never would have imagine that they would be rare as they rotted the pegs for who knows how long.

ExoSquad came at a time when I was out of collecting. I managed to get two of the three I always wanted. I just need to find Shiva now.
>>
>>5528366
I need to pull these out of storage. these toys are fun as hell, and the cartoon was as well.
>>
the mech suits worked really well with G.I. Joe figures
>>
>>5529252
take them out of the packages
>>
>>5532509

They are out, I just saved all of the boxes. Some doubles are still sealed to maybe sell or trade some day
>>
>>5531590
They did not. The Tech Wars one is grey and maroon (and looks quite nice), and then there are just the two Phaeton variants-- grey claws and yellow claws.
>>
>>5532509
>>5532549
These are the only western toy boxes worth saving, imo. So much cool lore, info, art, and technical data. Such good packaging.
>>
I used to see these toys at KBToys all the time but never cared for them. I recently watched the cartoon because it was recommended to me and I would've loved that show as a kid, not manymid 90s shows had continuity like this show or actual stakes. I probably would've gotten plenty of toys for this.

Sadly the toys and mechs are kind of lack lusting so I don't see me getting any unless they made modern ones.
>>
I think we would all be disappointed if Playmates decided to revive Exo Squad. If there was a possibility of Megabloks getting it? It would be spectacular.
>>
>>5533445
No. No building block shit.
>>
>>5533445
God no. I don't even understand why block things are gaining popularity.

Neca's Power Loader made it pretty well apparent that something like Exo Squad E-frames could be done at a bigger scale, but there's absolutely no way that a company could reason themselves into making anything for the franchise these days. Even at 1/18 scale they'd be minimum $40 each and you could only rely on the dying GI Joe fanbase to buy them to go with their figures.
>>
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14 KB, 218x231
>>5533478
>>5533511
>we dont want to mix and match unique pieces for moc mechs
>>
>>5533511
I'd suggest for a revival ditching the whole opening cockpits and separate pilots aspect, and maybe shrink them down to around the size of a Legends scale Transformer(or maybe a very small Deluxe), should be able to keep prices more reasonable at that scale
>>
>>5533912
I'd suggest you shut up
>>
>>5533912
The pilots and their handheld weapons made the toys awesome. The show was so good that you wanted the characters, too. Not just the e-frames.

And they were almost as good as GI Joes.
>>
>>5528636
Do we know if the show was actually gonna involve the Robotech stuff in a hypothetical season 3, or is that wishful thinking of fans?
>>
File: 189.png (23 KB, 451x208) Image search: [Google]
189.png
23 KB, 451x208
>>5533912
That is an absolutely terrible idea.
>>
>>5533445
they should connect via socket hole like the cyclopses and in no way have studs, just 3 mm ports. the interchangability shouldnt dominate the aespect of the toyline, just a bonus because of same size joints
>>
>>5534215
They were going to but scrapped the idea. Not sure if it was because the show got cancelled, but it seems likely.
>>
>>5532495
At the time pokemon, dbz and gundam were all the rage. All those tech wars recolors sat for a few years, heck probably until kb toys shut down.

My guess is most were sent back and destroyed or just plain thrown out in the trash.

>>5533169
If I were to redo the line, I would keep packaging the same. The blueprints, files, and diagrams really helped sell this crap to me as a kid.

>>5533445
Nah, blocks are ok but I dont care for them. Swappable arms would be cool as >>5534237 said, just use the same connector system and you can swap arms.

Only things I would change would be to remove the handles and just have the figure arms inside, add some articulation points on the figs such as wrists, and make mire jumptroops and some infantry neos with space/underwater type gear like the jump troops.
>>
>>5534215
They hadn't planned the season in depth before getting canned.

https://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~pdanner/exo/eps/comments.html

This is basically the sum of what we know that
a) the alien were insectoid (like the invid)
b) the staff had no plans for the robotech stuff, but they were open to incorporating it
c) plot threads like the fate of the pirates, phaeton's clone and nara's transformation would have been explored and part of the alien story.
>>
>>5533912

Worst idea I've heard in a long time.
>>
I loved these!
>>
Needs more photo action
>>
>>5541656
suck a nigga dick o sumtin
>>
>>5533478
this, blocks suck ass.
>>
I forgot I got one of these from a rummage sale as a kid. It was all busted when I got it but I loved it all the same.
>>
>>5533478
>>5533511
>>5541728
wait, why?
>>
>>5542275

It's 4chan. People like to hate.

The current Mega Bloks figures are probably the closest we'll see to ExoSquad scale figures
>>
These were pretty much Exo Squad with Avenger skins, right?
>>
>>5541682
Thats yer mums job m80
>>
>>5528443
I had that! Might be in a box somewhere still. I wanted the shock trooper but could never find.
>>
>>5528366

Was this the show that had a character named Frostbite?
>>
>>5544727

No
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.