[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ebay shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: 1445918070788.jpg (71 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1445918070788.jpg
71 KB, 500x540
>Sell something on Ebay
>Guy get's it and claims it got damaged in transit
>Is throwing a fit
>Want to explain that once I ship it it's out of my control because literally there is no way for me to guarantee it get's there safely
>He's asking for a partial refund
>Forced to either do that or he get's a fucking full refund because Ebay sucks his dick

What the fuck happened to Ebay?
How do I even fight and win this?
It's incredibly unfair to punish me for shit I literally can't control.
>>
>>5516707
How was the item damaged? Maybe if you have insurance on the item through the post office (assuming the damage is due to postal stuff) - you might be able to claim that.
>>
>>5516709
Apparently the box was crushed a bit in transit.
But I know there is no fighting it because despite it's out of my control what happens to it in transit I know Ebay will still suck his dick and force a full refund or partial.
>>
It's "gets", not "get's" OP. Gets is not a contraction.
>>
>>5516724
So you didnt opt in for insurance on the box? Also, you might want to ask him for pictures of the box, the outer box of the figure if there was one - and the figure damage itself. If you havent done all this of course.
>>
>>5516731
I have never had a situation where I needed Insurance.
I only get it on big important items. I have pics of the box damage tho.
>>
>>5516724
>Ebay will still suck his dick and force a full refund or partial.

pretty much. plus it's usually not worth the hassle assuming it isn't a high priced item.

The smart thing for you to concentrate on now is negotiating the lowest possible refund.
however
If you feel like he's just trying to throw a fit to get bitch discount you could play hardball and say "sorry you're unhappy with the item, ship it back and I will give you a refund." This has worked for me in the past. nerds are greedy, but also lazy.
>>
Ebay is a piece of shit if youre the seller. The only time I used it, I ended up losing money with all the fees and shit.
>>
File: For what purpose.jpg (26 KB, 400x562) Image search: [Google]
For what purpose.jpg
26 KB, 400x562
>buy-it-now style auction with 'best offer'
>price is €50
>offer €45
>seller declines and counter-offers €49
>>
>>5516791
This happens all the time.
Whats the point?
Or >HASNT MET THE RESERVE
>>
>>5516799
>HASNT MET THE RESERVE

That pisses me off so much
Just list it for the price you want and watch nobody buy it you scalping piece of shit
>>
>>5516707
>once I ship it it's out of my control because literally there is no way for me to guarantee it get's there safely
While it's true it's out of your control, you are still responsible for the item from the time of purchase to the buyer opening the box. You chose to be negligent and ship the item cheaply and it bit you in the ass.

Worried about damage in transit?
Get insurance.

Don't want to pay for it?
Bill them for it.

Worried that they'll bitch about the cost or just not buy it because it's too high?
Well then don't sell things over the internet.

>Ebay will still suck his dick and force a full refund or partial
Because they should. It's called buyer protection. What you pay for is what you should receive regardless of negligence on the seller's part.

From https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/popup/ua-ebay-outside
scroll down to
>What is Significantly Not as Described (SNAD)?
>An item is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different than what the seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:
among them
>The item was damaged during shipment.
it's even in bold to make it perfectly clear.

You can't negate the terms of eBay or Paypal with a disclaimer in your auctions. It's their service, you're just using it, and even though you haven't read all the terms and conditions you agreed to abide by them when you signed up and used them.

Shipping cheaply comes with the inherent risk that the item may be lost or damaged and you as the seller will have no recourse. If you sell a lot of cheap shit, it makes sense to ship cheaply because the odds are in your favor, and when something does happen you just absorb the cost. But if you don't sell very much or what you sell is worth more than the cost of the postage, then it's really your own fault for being in this position.
>>
>>5516738
Get pics of the figure's damage. The figure itself matters to ebay - if you can show it isnt damaged - then you are fine. Box or package damage doesnt matter to ebay as much - unless you have a graded product. Take pics of the figures/boxes before you box them to send off - and then you can always compare.

>>5516738
Do you have your receipt for the post office? Some post offices offer a little bit of coverage - but you need to make sure you read it and see what they offer.

>>5516947
As this guy has said - bill the buyers for the insurance when you sell toys on ebay/any where. It helps you and them to have it - cause it lets you give them a full refund for the post office fucking up.

Sorry it had happened - but lots of people screw others over.
>>
>Buy figure from a well-rated Japanese seller
>shipped the next day
>arrives in two weeks and even comes with snacks

Only order from the good sellers.
>>
>>5517020
This.

Sellers that give little bonuses like that are tops.
>>
Ebay is silly
>Sell item
>Buyer doesn't like the item and wants to send it back
>I have no returns on the listing
>He files a claim
>Ebay sides with him
>He sends the item back
>Ebay never takes his money back from me
>I got the item and the $150 I sold it for
>Sell it again and get another $120
>That profit

Silly website.
>>
>>5517052
Always fun.
>agree to return
>buyer ships it back without tracking
>lol what return?
>eBay shrugs
>>
>>5517081
How can this ever happen?

I've returned a few items on eBay and it has always involved printing out a postage label from their website to stick on the original packaging the item came in, and then sending the item back at my local post office, at that point they give me a receipt with a tracking number on as my proof of sending.
>>
>>5517108
Only works with idiot buyers that wrongly agree to pay for return shipping.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 500x341
I only ship Priority. The easiest way to shut someone down as far as returns go is to remind them that they have to pay for return shipping and let them know I'm only refunding the vost of the item, not shipping.

In every case, eBay has been okay with that. Often times the buyer will be so disgruntled that they have to pay shipping twice that they won't return the item.

If they leave negative feedback, I just call eBay and have it removed, one of thw perks of having an account since 2005 I guess.

I haven't sold anything of there for a year or so because of their 13% fee or whatever. That's BS on top of the 2-4% for Paypal. I use other methods now.
>>
>>5516766
THIS... ALL OF THIS

I'm done selling shit on ebay

what the fuck happened? It was GREAT when they only charged a flat 5 or 10$ to list your item.

now they have this bullshit where they take part of your sale money to pay for the listing.... fucking pieces of shit
>>
>sell something
>buyer never pays
>never responds
>deletes account

This has happened 3 times, always someone with good feedback too
>>
>>5517212
>I use other methods now.
Please elaborate
>>
>>5516707
well, why dont you just add insurance next time?
>>
>>5517212
what other methods?
>>
File: pacific sweat.jpg (650 KB, 1876x1864) Image search: [Google]
pacific sweat.jpg
650 KB, 1876x1864
So I'm getting some new toys, and I felt I ordered too much, and I want to sell the excess on eBay. Now, I'm new to eBay, at least in the selling aspect. Some questions:

-Do I get to list my own prices, or does ebay do it for me in terms of the figures?
-What rules do I especially have to look for when selling a bundle single figures?
-Also, packaging: Lets say I go ALL OUT on protecting the figures (I'm talking air bags, foam popcorn, etc)
-Also, I'm looking to sell the figures new, as in the original packaging.
-How do i include the price of postal insurance? Is that general shipping costs?

I know I should be asking eBay themselves these general questions, bu I feel better asking first hand users.
>>
>>5518470
>-Do I get to list my own prices, or does ebay do it for me in terms of the figures?
Yes, you can list them for any price you want to, be realistic though.
>-What rules do I especially have to look for when selling a bundle single figures?
If you're selling a bunch of figures in one listing, be sure to list all of them and state the condition of every figure, and any accessories included in the sale (don't have anything in your photos that isn't included in the sale or the buyer will complain when they don't get it, even if you say so in your description)
>-Also, packaging: Lets say I go ALL OUT on protecting the figures (I'm talking air bags, foam popcorn, etc)
It's always a good idea to pack things well. If you're sending multiple figures out at once make sure you bag them separately. I bought two figures from a guy a while ago and there was loads of chipped paint inside the packaging when it arrived because he packed them tightly in the same box.
>-Also, I'm looking to sell the figures new, as in the original packaging.
Unless the figures are sealed in their original box aka: never been opened, you can't list them as 'new'.
>-How do i include the price of postal insurance? Is that general shipping costs?
Yes, always have tracking + insurance on your shipping, it ensures that buyers can't pull a fast one on you and claim they never got their item.
>>
>>5516947

There's a difference between buyer protection and enabling scams and thievery with a money back guarantee. eBay doesn't even arbitrate, they hear the complaint from the buyer and well, tough shit for the seller.

It's a rigged game, you'd have to crazy to sell anything of any real value on eBay.
>>
>>5518470

Just don't is my best advice. Use forums, the BST here, MFC, whatever. Do not sell on eBay.

The reason being; because you're a new seller PayPal will withhold your funds until the item is delivered and the buyer doesn't file any complaints. You are completely at the buyer, eBay, and PayPal's mercy. All they have to do is claim some bullshit and not only are you out the figure, you will have never even seen the funds. Which is, of course, proof that you weren't trying to rip anyone off, but eBay won't listen to reason.

I know because this shit has happened to me. Don't listen to this shill >>5516947, he's like so many unhelpful thief-enabling douchebags who swear by eBay until they inevitably get ripped off.

Oh and eBay charges a hefty "final value fee", plus PayPal's fees, and if you don't account for that shit in your sale price there goes another slimy way for eBay to fuck you over. They won't tell you what the final value fee will be, either. You'll have to break out your calculator for that.
>>
>>5518504

Jesus Christo, what websites should I use then? What do you use? There's so many of those SELL YOUR STUFF commercials on TV but I don't who to trust/where there are major toy sales.
>>
>>5518504
>Just don't is my best advice. Use forums, the BST here, MFC, whatever. Do not sell on eBay.
If you use Paypal to accept payments you're still subject to their terms.
>>
>>5518557

PayPal offers seller protection. You have a fighting chance with them if some asshole tries to scam you. With eBay its a losing game, they will never side with anyone but the buyer under any circumstances. Not to mention that with a direct sale, such as through our BST, the funds are in your PayPal account immediately without some bullshit 3rd party adjudicating when you get to have your money.

>>5518554

Everything I suggested. Use forums related to what you're selling, and then catch-alls like the BST here and MFC. It takes more leg work and patience than eBay but at least you're not at their mercy.
>>
>>5518817

MFC? What is that?
Also thanks, I'll try BST.
>>
>>5520245
My Figure Collection
>>
>>5516707
>What the fuck happened to Ebay?

eBay has been this way for like, 5 or 6 years.

When eBay was an upstart in the late 90s/early 2000s, everything was heavily in the seller's favor, and a lot of buyers got fucked over and were really powerless to do anything.

Then eBay slowly balanced things out. But like any big company, they couldn't leave good enough alone, and decided to slowly tip the balance away from sellers, and into the grasp of buyers.

So now as a seller, you're more or less powerless, and totally at the mercy of like, three different parties, hoping that someone along the lines isn't going to fuck you over.

Couple that with eBay practically bullying sellers into offering free shipping, using their awful global shipping program, having a return system that is practically worthless, and having a confusing fee system that feels like it changes hourly, and you get a shitty place to sell stuff.

Unfortunately, eBay is one of those places where there just aren't many alternatives. Sure, there's shit like BSTs here and on other sites and whatnot, but sometimes you're sitting on shit forever possibly, whereas eBay it will at least sell for something. Amazon is another option, but they take even more fees, plus--unless you've been on Amazon forever--it is supposedly really hard to be an upstart seller these days, etc.

eBay really just turns into one of those places you begrudgingly use because there aren't a ton of other options, and you just hope like hell you don't get fucked in the ass by some dipshit trying to scam you for some free shit.
>>
>post things on eBay for high price
>people give me offers of what they're willing to pay (usually price I want)
>offer to take down listing and sell it to them via PayPal
>been doing this with hundreds of things and never had a problem
Feels good man. If eBay finds out they'll totally ban me though.
>>
>>5516738

on eBay ALWAYS charge for and use insurance. ALWAYS.
>>
I just sold a Nendoroid for $100. I'm sending it with tracking + insurance, I also took photos of the box (still mint and sealed) before and after I packed it too.

Is there anything else I should do before I send it tomorrow? I really don't want to get fucked over.
>>
>>5520344
It's funny, because I had to do this for my latest sell. Not because I was trying to bypass ebay, but because the buyer, for some unexplained reason, was not getting the invoice. I tried troubleshooting a bunch of thing and just gave up and just did it with paypal only.
>>
>>5520344
eBay can't do shit. If the buyer is willing to do business outside of their website, who are they to try and stop them?

As a regular buyer, I always offer to conduct the transaction outside of the listing for a small discount, most sellers usually agree because it means they're less likely to get fucked without ebay's retarded buyer protection getting involved and they keep the majority of their profit instead of giving up 10% for listing fees.
>>
>>5520681
Not much else you can do other then make sure you buy enough insurance to pay for the figure, the insurance itself, shipping and handling costs with the box cost if you had to buy it - and hope that you have enough pics to help you in a case.
>>
>>5520772
I took photos of the unbroken seals, several shots of the box to show there's no dents/creases/scratches, and a couple of the nendo box inside of the shipping box surrounded by foam sheets and bubblewrap.

Can you think of anything I might have missed?
>>
>>5520778
Also try to take a pic of the figure, especially with a larger figure that has joints. You can still show a picture of a figure that isnt marked or ruined while inside the package. Loose limbs can and do show up when a toy is broken in package. Make sure they are clear and easy to see for when you send em to ebay.

Cant say how well pics have both saved me as a buyer and a seller. I used pics and measurements/weights from the post office to show that one guy didnt send me a huge item that was meant to be in the tiny box i received.
>>
>>5520699
>eBay can't do shit.
Sure they can.
If you violate their terms of service, and they catch you, they will ban you.
When you sign up there to do business, you agree to follow those terms. You don't? You have no excuse if you get caught breaking them.
>>
>>5520788
>Also try to take a pic of the figure

It was sold as mint in sealed box, I can't open it. And this box doesn't have a clear window.

The figure could be broken to pieces for all I know, I never opened it to check, but how else are you supposed to sell MISB figures?
>>
>>5520344

It used to be so much easier before ebay out a word filter in their message correspondence to not allow emails to be posted, sure there are some inventive ways to go about this but it's awfully inconvenient
>>
>>5520860
Couldn't you just put spaces in and remove the @ and .com stuff like people do for word filters here?
>>
>>5520931
I usually send a screenshot of notepad with my email address typed on it.
>>
File: 1388272029482.jpg (21 KB, 435x241) Image search: [Google]
1388272029482.jpg
21 KB, 435x241
>find something great for cheap
>either they dont deliver here or postage is intolerable

i suffer in europe
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9 KB, 305x165
>>5518504
>unhelpful thief-enabling douchebags

You mean like you? I've had many sellers try and take my money and run, and every time I've been able to get all of my money back. If eBay didn't protect their buyers, then nobody would use the site.

If you don't ship an item, you don't have any right to complain if somebody asks for a refund. If an item is damaged because you didn't buy insurance, then that's your own fault. If an item never shows up because you didn't send it to the right address and didn't bother to pay for a tracking number, that isn't the customers fault.
And if a customer asks for a refund after they've been confirmed to have received an item, eBay asks for a photo of the damaged items.

If you consider "theft" to be "asking for a refund because you didn't get what you paid for," then there's nothing I can say that can convince you to pull your head out of your ass. You aren't entitled to money if you aren't providing what you said you would.

It's pretty disgusting to see people (probably some of those same scammers) try and fight for their right to rob people, and try to figure out ways to weasel customers out of their rights. If you're buying from a PRIVATE WEBSITE, you have to follow their rules. Don't like it? Use Craigslist and sell your shit for pennies to soccer moms.

We all know you use eBay for a reason: it's the most active site for selling goods, and you make more money selling from there than anywhere else. And we all know that eBay isn't going to roll over for a bunch of entitled criminals trying to make their site into a fucking thieves den. So in the future, read the rules and stop trying to rip people off.
>>
>all these people talking about scamming sellers on ebay

How? I want free stuff if it's that easy
>>
>>5516947
I agree with this post 100%. I've sold many things on eBay and only had one negative experience. There are many people who have successful eBay stores and make hundreds of sales with glowing feedback. Even on eBay, you're still a seller working with customers. It's your responsibility to list, package, and ship the item properly.
>>
>>5517212
The official return policy for eBay is that buyers have to pay the return shipping cost. Sellers are not responsible for this cost.
>>
>>5516707
why hasn't ebay implemented video evidence? seller takes short video of him at the post office reviewing the item and the box gets sealed by employee at post office with post office tape.

Seller gets item, must upload video of him opening it.

It doesn't have to be mandatory, just in case and if shit happens ebay will ask for the videos.
>>
>>5524520
Because that's a ridiculous amount of effort to go through if you're selling a couple of marvel legends or figma.
>>
>>5524520
>seller takes short video of him at the post office reviewing the item
>gets item, must upload video of him opening it.

god I hate these current times we live in
>>
>>5518495

Pretty much this.

If you run an ebay business, you should have enough volume to deal with the loss. Every store, company ect. has shrink of some kind. If you casually sell, like most people on here, you should be aware it could be lost.

I mostly sell stuff knowing I could be ripped off. I'll try to work it out and come to something that doesn't result in me just being fucked. Yet scammers and angry people have the upper hand. The worst is getting a bad rating on top of all that. Like.... you live near detroit and your shit got stolen, you got your money back, Im out the money, the item AND you give me a bad rating? Its my fault I sent it USPS they say? Cause they always have problems with it.... yet made no request to have it sent UPS or fedex, nope..... It makes me want to go out there and piss in these peoples faces. That's the way of the world, vindictive self entitled. I could just make a new account, buy something from their account, claim its lost and fuck them out of even more money, but Im actually a decent person. Its that easy to fuck people, of course people will do it.
>>
>>5524472

>all this projecting
>all this shilling
>all this mad
>>
>>5516707
Insuring a USPS package is like three bucks. I don't get why this isn't something people do.
>>
>>5524539
USPS rarely pays out from what I've heard.
>>
>>5524539

As long as it says "delivered", USPS can wash their hands of it. A step further would be to have signature confirmation; that way you can say it was delivered to the wrong person (if it was) and at that point I don't know. The postal service still might not pay out. Their insurance is primarily for total loss while in their hands, or damage. Since they're pretty good at making sure those don't happen..

All of that is moot anyway in the context of eBay because, again, literally all a thief buyer scamming asshole has to do is claim they received the wrong item and instantly the seller is fucked. They could buy a dollar store toy and claim that's what they received. eBay will then proceed to fuck the seller over. Their "money back guarantee" enables this sort of behavior and it works nearly every time.
>>
>>5524554
Ok that makes more sense. Dang, I used to both buy and sell stuff on ebay years ago and never ran into any issues. Either they changed their method of handling disputes or people are becoming much shittier.
>>
>>5524559

Buying on eBay is great because you have all the power.

Selling on eBay is masochism.
>>
>>5524539
Use third party shipping insurance. It's cheaper and tends to pay out more than the USPS so long as you have proper documentation.
>>
guys what's an invoice? I'm a foreigner and don't know what it means on ebay terms
>>
>>5524583

>what is a dictionary
>>
>>5516707
>incredibly unfair
Isn't.

The item has to arrive safely for you to get paid for it. If it genuinely fell off the back of a truck somewhere why do you think you should be totally insured while the buyer is now worse off?
>>
>>5524554

That excuse is outdated. Just make the buyer pay to ship whatever they said they received wrongly back to you before you refund. It needs tracking too. Any scammer won't pay that extra and will shut up and leave.
>>
>>5524583
It's not an ebay term.
It's like a receipt which you get before you pay.
>>
>>5526521
He could be lying and eBay will side with the buyer without a shred of proof.
>>
>>5526521
Ebay almost fact proven holds the Buyer above all else.
The fact I safely package something and it gets damaged by Mail Carriers yet i'm held responsible?
That's absurd.
>>
start taking pics of your shit before you send it. just so you have proof that u sent it intact
>>
>>5524532
He have been reasonable, you sounds like the butthurt one mate.
>>
>>5526935
pictures mean shit, video is where is at.
>>
>>5526932
Ignoring scammers, why should the buyer have to pay for damaged goods?
>>
>>5526932
If you go into a shop and hand over your money and then the shopkeeper never gives you your item.... you will never go back to that shop again.

But say you're a shopkeeper and you get the occasional shoplifter... you will still continue to open your doors and serve customers. Good sellers factor unavoidable theft into their running costs and minimise risk using (shipping) insurance.

eBay is doing the right thing. Any ambiguity about the buyer being short changed is unacceptable.
>>
>>5526595

Bullshit. If what you sent him is worth exponentially more than what he is claiming to have received, you damn well better believe he will pay to ship something to you if it means eBay will push the scam through.

You pro-eBay shills in this thread have been lucky to have never been ripped off by a scam buyer. When it happens to you (which it will), and eBay will not help you and takes their word over yours, you will change your tune.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.