[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What company do you prefer? Figma or S.H. Figuarts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (345 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
345 KB, 3000x2000
What company do you prefer? Figma or S.H. Figuarts?
>>
>>5515560

Figuarts

Because I don't buy anime waifus.
>>
I don't have any figma. They've either characters that I'm not interested in or, if I do like the character, they're just not good (HxH)
>>
>>5515560
I like both. I don't care. I'm not gonna limit myself to just one.

I'll only make a choice on whats better when they both make a figure of the same thing. Like Bruce Lee, where the SHF is undeniably better.
>>
>>5515560
Generally figma because I just like their consistent quality and the fact that they often come with some decent accessories and a stand.

Though I'm happy to buy figuarts as well.
>>
>>5515560
Action Figma Factory makes nice schoolgirls.
Super Heroic Figuarts makes nice superhero figures.
>>
The only animu I buy are Jojos or Kinnikuman, so Figuarts.
Might get the Osomatsu Figmas, though.
>>
Depends on what it is.

If it's a female figure, generally figma.

If it is a figure of anything that isn't strictly anime styled, higher detailed human figures, SHF. Figma paint apps on anything requiring high detail just sort of suck.

Something that is more dynamic, like superheroes, fighters, etc. SHF.
>>
>>5515560
Figma doesn't really make anything I like. I'm buying Yugi and Tomoyo but aside from that they only really make moe crap. Figma does have more accessories and I wish Bandai would start doing that. Sucks when a figure only comes with a few faces and hands. But for the most part I don't care about the properties Figma picks up. When they do get stuff I like they don't finish the line. like Symphogear, Vividred and Strike Witches.
>>
Figma, because they put more effort into their products and are more consistent.
>>
I like both really, but absolutely hate Figma's random choices for characters at times, or for doing stupid shit like that entire statue line.
>>
Figma. the finish and sturdiness of joints is far more consistent.

Karate bugmen SHF may be good, but all their female figures is like buying the lottery. Some are excellent. Others suffer from smudgey paint and crappy, tear-apart limbs.

Then there are the terrible crotches on sailormoon...
>>
>>5515661
Whats wrong with the crotches? I was thinking of getting Chibi.
>>
>>5515560
SHF but for this particular figure, I think the figma looks better. Not that I care for that gay pedo bullshit anyway.
>>
File: 11111.jpg (117 KB, 520x355) Image search: [Google]
11111.jpg
117 KB, 520x355
>>5515622
>because they put more effort into their products and are more consistent.
>>
>>5515728
>>5515730
opinions are great, right guys?
So glad neither of you are going to devolve into autistic arguing. Right?
>>
>>5515560
I gotta go with figma just because their stands are nowhere near as shitty as figuarts.
>>
>>5515663

They're not the soft pantsu over a T bar joint like figma. It's a rock solid grandma undies and buttless legs. And the skirtbis solid plastic too.
>>
>>5515738
>their stands are nowhere near as shitty as figuarts.
Tamashii stands are the best you can get, what do you find bad about them?
>>
>>5515728
>anime sculpt and paint detail
well it is consistent with what they do
>>
>>5515772
I hate the claw over the peg and socket design of figmas, the bases also tend to be relatively large for the figure and made from a lighter grade of plastic than the figma ones.
The claws can't hold hold figures vdery tightly and and since the fingers of the claw are just held in with tiny plastic pins, they can very easily pop out or straight up be broken from the weight of the figure.
Plus not every figuart comes with a stand.
>>
>>5515791
>I hate the claw over the peg and socket design of figmas
you can remove the claw though, peg size is the same as Figma and Revoltech stands

>The claws can't hold hold figures vdery tightly and and since the fingers of the claw are just held in with tiny plastic pins, they can very easily pop out or straight up be broken from the weight of the figure.
I'll give you that, the claw is weak, but if you need a stand to hold a bigger figure, you should buy Tamashii Stand Act 5, it has a ratchet joint and the claws are bolted together

They're all good though, i just really like tamashii stands
>>
>>5515802
>you can remove the claw though, peg size is the same as Figma and Revoltech stands
Figuarts however don't have a corresponding hole on them for the peg.
>>
I prefer SHF. they have way better articulation and the hair sculpt doesn't look like a chewing gum. OFC, if a character I want only gets a figma or a shf with no alternative, there's really no choice.
figma sculptors simply can't comprehend how the human body works. it doesn't help that they cheap out on EVERY character I want.
goodsmile's exclusive dlc shit turns me off as well, I'd rather deal with middleman fees than be forced to use their shit shop with forced EMS shipping.
shf back then: toku stuff
shf now: idolshit
figma back then: schoolgirl shit
figma now: memetoys
I appreciate the red pyramid thing, but I'd rather get my fav anime characters made into figma or shf.
that was my drunk rambling, sorry for it being all over the place.
>>
>>5515774

Bruce Lee is also one of the earlier engineered figures. Woefully outdated compared with the latest figma designs. They only got off their ass and rushed it out to beat the SHF.

>>5515791

True. Tamashii stand packs are pretty awesome but the actual stands that come with an SHF, especially females like Sailormoon or Precure, are terrible. They don't hold the figure securely and sometimes can't even bear their weight. Or accomodate for a unique sculpt.

Figma on the other hand comes with unique plugins to work specifically with the figure they come with.
>>
>>5515907

> SHF. they have way better articulation and the hair sculpt doesn't look like a chewing gum

Chewing gum hair is like, signature for every anime SHF if they even have hair.

Some even have bonus mold lines and sprue tails.
>>
File: 0880897f.jpg (113 KB, 959x1200) Image search: [Google]
0880897f.jpg
113 KB, 959x1200
Just too sad, please adopt them for cheap.
figma: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-011721
SHF: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-008114
>>
Figuarts, because figma pose like shit and have sloppy shitty qc

But I'm glad that they're making the /v/ bait toys so I can know who the plebs are with just a look.
>>
>>5515950

Can't wait for the Leonidas price drop
>>
>>5515950
>figma: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-011721
Good thing I never bit the bullet originally. Might keep an eye on it and if it ever drops further, I could consider it.
>>
>>5515654
>for doing stupid shit like that entire statue line
It's your decision to get fucked.
>>
>>5515950
wew lad
To think people were all like TAKE MY MONEY when Master Asia was announced.

>Sidonia figma
>not Izana
What the fuck is wrong with figma, really?
>>
>>5516060
By all accounts he's a solid figure too. What the hell went wrong? I think I might pick one up, actually.

Saddest part is we're pretty much guaranteed to never see any more mech pilot character figures from SHF after this.
>>
>>5515975

> I'm sad and lonely and don't know how to pose my toys

ftfy
>>
The only Figma I have on watch right now is LBW Link, and when MP3 Samus and TP Link go up, maybe those. In my experience, Figma has really been centered on Welcome to Moe's AnnieMay figures
>>
They both have different things that they're good at. SHF obviously does more things good as they make more types of figures.
>>
>>5515560
The company that makes the characters I want.
>>
File: 20151109_160908.jpg (395 KB, 1289x1289) Image search: [Google]
20151109_160908.jpg
395 KB, 1289x1289
I have far more SHF than I do figma (32 to 15), but I prefer figma. I find them to be higher quality, the paint is almost always better for any anime-related properties, and I think overall they tend to be better. SHF definitely wins for any masked characters, and they often have a better range of articulation. Also, any faces of real persons. Figma can't fucking do it, they're all terrible. The quality is far more hit and miss. I don't think there's any of my figma that I think are bad figures, but I have plenty of mediocre or sub-par SHF.

If there's ever a figure where I have to choose between the SHF or figma, you can bet your ass I'll go with figma. As long as it's not based on a real person. That Bruce Lee...

>>5515654
>stupid shit like that entire statue line
Shit taste detected.
>>
File: 1455981460751.jpg (208 KB, 800x664) Image search: [Google]
1455981460751.jpg
208 KB, 800x664
>>5515560
Figma

Because I do buy anime waifus

But really, they both have ups and downs. Which is better will mostly depend on your taste in media. Plus there's only a handful of characters with both figma and figuarts
>>
>>5516946
>any faces of real persons. Figma can't fucking do it
Figuarts is just as bad and the paint jobs are embarassginly bad now
>>
>>5515560
Both.

Figma for the cute girls, and figuarts for the sentai, bugmen, and DBZses
>>
>>5515770
So you were looking for perving over articulation?
>>
File: image.png (177 KB, 294x346) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177 KB, 294x346
>>5515770
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.