[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you reached out to the ancient spirits of evil at mattycollector
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: MUMMRA_001_600x600.jpg (73 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
MUMMRA_001_600x600.jpg
73 KB, 600x600
Have you reached out to the ancient spirits of evil at mattycollector and gotten those pre-orders in yet?
>>
No, but I'm really thinking about it. Thundercats was THE show of my early childhood.
>>
>>5513122
I decided not to, I already have quite a bit of Thundercats from the 2011 show and a large cheetarah, don't really see the point.
>>
>>5513122
Is there really that much demand for Thundercats? I still see the last series clogging shelves in my area.
>>
>>5513359
Are you from the fucking 2011? Are you a time traveler? What third world country are you in?
>>
>>5513359

Yup everytime you search for nunchucks on ebay you see tons of that shit.
>>
>>5513158

Do yourself a favor and never ever rewatch it.
>>
>>5513379
What are you talking about? It was so much better than the original.
>>
>>5513359
Mattel subscriptions don't rely upon general public demand for their lines to work, they rely on the direct fanbase of a given property. What you see on shelves is irrelevant.
>>
>>5513746
I think he was referring to no one caring about Thundercats enough to even have a subscription service dedicated to them.
>>
File: Ta-She.jpg (33 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
Ta-She.jpg
33 KB, 533x400
I wonder if Ta She will get a figure.

Her episode is literally the only one I can ever recall watching as a child.
>>
>>5513831
Then his post was pointless because obviously there is demand due to the very existence of the sub.
>>
>>5513831
BINGO
>>
>>5513900
I don't remember that one at all. Generally speaking, I prefer pre-movie Thundercats.
>>
>>5513379
It's pretty bad but the Mumm-Ra transformation scenes are still awesome.
>>
Why does this thread keep getting deleted by mods?
>>
I just want mummra, screw this subscription garbage. It's basically like being forced to buy an entire wave.
>>
>>5513158
>>5514187
Silverhawks, Street Sharks, Tigersharks, Dinosaucers and Biker Mice of Mars.
>>
I'd be more interested in these if they were modeled after the Thundercats intro animation.
>>
>>5513359
I think there is a dedicated Thundercats fanbase that just wants figures from the classic series and Bandai massively fucked that up in 2011. This sub is definitely going to be popular with that fanbase since otherwise there is going to be another couple decades before anything else is done with the property.

I was on the fence since Thundercats was never as big to me as MOTU was, but the figures look solid to me so I jumped in on it.
>>
>>5514835
No it literally is being forced to buy an entire wave Paying $125 for probably 1 or 2 figures you actually want
>>
>>5515150
Why is everyone hating on the 2011 series so much?
>>
>>5516093
Really bad writing that turned Lion-O into a cuck, Tigra into a hateful douche, and Cheetara into a cunt that would play the two against each other.
>>
>>5516114
But it had better pacing and storytelling about each person having their own flaws and personal things they needed to overcome in order to be that team that had the confidence to take on anyone and anything.

Despite my love for the old series, I'm not blinded enough to not admit it was practically the same show as Transformers G1 and most other shows back then. There was barely any progress and all problems would be fixed in that single episode made it completely uninspiring to want to watch it because "LionO will fix everything in the end"

Remember in Power Rangers (Don't act like you didn't watch it, all 90's kids watched it if you were cool) when the Green Ranger was introduced and fucked up the megazord and the entire team and that is how the episode ended? That blew my childhood mind, it made me want to immediately want to see the next episode. I NEEDED to know how they overcame that threat.

Thundercats lasted for 4 seasons, name me a single episode you remember that was an important iconic moment like the one I just named. Can you even do it without googling anything?
>>
>>5516093

I liked it. Storytelling went a bit south after the strong intro but it's still very watchable.

Hate Bandai for screwing us out of the Thunderkittens in the 6" line. I have to use the tiny ones for my shelf and they look ridiculous.
>>
>>5516144
>Power Rangers
Corny shitass horrible show and a step back from what was going on with cartoons since Ducktales was made.
It was basically a return back to the corny shitass 80s cartoons, thus no better than Thundercats.

What Power Rangers did in two parter is no better than what we saw in two part episodes in GI Joe, in fact, Power Rangers had worst stories.

It had a horrible influence and was detrimental toward the production of better shows for kids.
>>
>>5516093
It wasn't horrible but it's hard to overlook how hard EVERYONE shat on Lion-O.
>>
>>5516495
perhaps it is the shitty shows that inspire the current generation to make such good shows. The next couple of decades will have such shit shows.
>>
>>5516677
>inspire the current generation to make such good shows
What good shows?
>>
>>5516144
>I NEEDED to know how they overcame that threat.

do you have autism?
>>
>>5516677
Alot of this is pretentious bullshit. You don't like that Lion-O or Leader-1 always saved the day so you make grimdark trash to lash out.
>>
>>5516144
>>5516495
>>5516677
>>5516736
>>5516759
>>5516786
Ah, so that's why thundercats threads always get canned.
>>
>>5516495
But I liked Power Rangers, I never liked GI Joe. So there's that.

>>5516187
I just thought they were super rare, I'm glad I stuck with the versions that could fit in the thunder tank then.

>>5516550
Why wouldn't they shit on him? I mean, the entire event in the beginning happened because it was his fault. Tygra was jealous because he was the obvious and capable person to be leader but due to him being only a step brother made him feel isolated and unfit due to blood. Cheetarah was cold due to her duty came over her own feelings. And Panthro has been through some shit.Lion O was just a kid who fucked up and are with people who know and do not believe in him.

>>5516759
>hur hur hur did you have autism?

No I was an 8 year old who wanted to watch the conclusions of one of his favorite shows. What anon, are you telling me you never wanted to watch something because you wanted to see what happens? Why the fuck are you even in this thread then?

>>5517143
What's to talk about? The sub service is manipulative as fuck and none of them are out to talk about, the old figures are nothing to write home about, despite 2011 figures and vehicles far surpassing the originals it seems /toy/ has a hateboner for anything with plot. Then you have people completely derail it because of questions of autism and "muh completely different genre and franchise show is better than yours"

It's not like there's a movie announced or coming out, no one can praise anything besides maybe what mezco did in the past.

I mean, look at you, you're not contributing jack shit either.

Back on topic, I only was able to get the Cheetarah out of the mega scale line and it sucks they didn't get to do Tygra.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (136 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
136 KB, 1000x750
>>5517273
kinda helps if I post the picture
>>
File: ThunderTank-with-Snarf_i.jpg (370 KB, 1800x1147) Image search: [Google]
ThunderTank-with-Snarf_i.jpg
370 KB, 1800x1147
>>5517275
Continuing talking about the subject at hand I also have the 2011 Thunder Tank and all the 2011 figures including the invisable Tygra variant that came with the liar.

I really was disapointed with the liar so I chucked it out, it was on clearance at TRU so it wasn't a financial loss
>>
>>5516093
Not the 2011 series but the 2011 Classic figures that Bandai made that were huge and then suddenly switched scales and then was abandoned.
>>
>>5517273
>Why wouldn't they shit on him?
I guess I should reword that: it's hard to overlook how they wrote Lion-O into a position that made everyone shit on him, and how they made him a bitch that just sat there and took it regardless of whether or not he deserved it.
>>
>>5516144
>But it had better pacing and storytelling

You're fucking crazy. The show's major problem was the horrible pacing and bad storytelling.The show suffered from just tons of filler episodes that did nothing to further along the story line. The only thing many of the episodes did accomplish was introduce new characters so that the Kittens could bring them back for the finale.

Out of the 20+ episodes in the series, you really only needed to watch half of them. If the series had cut out all the filler and gotten to the root story line, they could introduced the other Mutants much sooner and gotten to more classic Lion-O vs. Mumm-Ra story lines.

The original series had a simple premise that didn't need to be changed but for some reason the new writers thought destroying the characters and essentially making the TC the enemies was better. When the heroes are seen as the villains of the series and you sympathize with the villains, something is wrong. If I had been mistreated by the TC like the other mutants were, I would have wanted them destroyed as well. The real hero of the series was Ssslithe.
>>
>>5517273
>it seems /toy/ has a hateboner for anything with plot.

Plot doesn't = good.

The fact is that despite having a complex plot, the plot itself was still shit.
>>
>>5513122
That Mummra looks like unarticulated McFarlane junk. He was basically the Wile E Coyote of the show.
>>
>>5517628
You can see knee and ankle joints, the rest is covered up by the robe.. The problem isn't that it's unarticulated, it's that the costume is gonna restrict articulation a lot.
>>
>>5517628
>That Mummra looks like unarticulated McFarlane junk
You must have shitty vision, because it has the normal joint layout of a Classics figure, plus hinged wrists.
>>
>>5513122
Fuck, could you take the Mattel dick out of your mouth long enough to tell us that this is a subscription exclusive?

God damn, that's a tough nut to swallow. I bought my Shadow Weaver from someone else for like $100 without the map.
I personally don't care about Thundercats but 4H does some nice stuff and an exclusive like this... though there'll probably be more suckers this time. Nobody wants to be caught in the same situation they were with Shadow Weaver.
>>
>>5517738
Why are you making such an angry post? They're just toys, fella.
>>
>>5517760
It's because it's Mattel. Everyone who's not riding their dick should have to go do independently check their website to find out what the fine print on this scam is? Wasting our time.
>>
>>5517773
oh no you had to click a link and go to a website. poor baby.
>>
>>5517773
Okay.
>>
>>5517785
and everyone else except for the shills who already know. so are you admitting you're a shill?
I know checking the website is nothing. I'm still gonna use aggressive language over it. Why not[rhetorical question mark]
>>
>>5517882
Are you drunk right now, or just naturally a sober idiot? They're pretty lousy shills if they're not spamming the thread with links and sales pitches, you dumb bitch.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.