[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Force Awakens - Luke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
Anyone know when this is coming out?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (23 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
23 KB, 1280x720
>>5504954
I've been waiting for this!
>>
>>5504954
you're gonna have to be more specific than that. Theres more than one Star Wars line. Either way the answer is TBD.
>>
>>5504954
Why is his robot hand shittier than it was in the OT?
>>
>>5505051
Probably because he's been living in seclusion for years. Also this is a custom so don't expect it to be dead on accurate
>>
>>5504954
>luke's lightsaber from RotJ
RRRREEEEEEEEEEE
I get that there's an unwritten rule where all figures must have an accessory, but that lightsaber was thrown away in the second death star.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-16+at+02.11.43).jpg (25 KB, 309x200) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-16+at+02.11.43).jpg
25 KB, 309x200
>>5505064
What? I thought he just tossed it away as a symbolic thing - that he wouldn't fight Vader. Did he not pick it back up off screen?
>>
File: Lukesaber.png (717 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Lukesaber.png
717 KB, 1366x768
>>5505064
You are incorrect, my friend. This is a shitty shot, but he clearly has it when he arrives at the celebration on Endor.
>>
>>5505064
I wonder what they'll do with it in this new trilogy. That green lightsaber is so iconically Luke's, I'd hate to see him go back to a blue one.
>>
>>5505172
Indeed. It wasn't a hand-me-down. He built it himself.
>>
>>5505211
>>5505172

Did you not see this post or something?>>5505168

If you don't believe it, then go watch the very end, it's bouncing around like crazy on his belt. He clearly gets it back before scootin'.
>>
>>5505256
Even so, they could still say he's since lost it when his temple was attacked, or some other reason to get him back to blue. Seeing how much of a stickler for OT stuff JJ seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a blue one just to make him more like Obi-wan, or if they explain it away as the green lightsaber belonging to him as a neutral, and now that he's a proper Jedi master he uses a blue one.
>>
>>5505272
No, a Jedi uses the saber they build, not one given to them.
>>
>>5504954
Never this is a custom figure
>>
>>5505272
your reasoning is dumb on several layers.

Quigon was a master, and used green, so was yoda.

But more importantly, JJ Abrams is not doing episode VIII.
>>
>>5505469
Except Anakin and Obi-Wan on Geonosis and Luke in New Hope.
>>
>>5505574
And obviously Finn and Rey in The Force Awakens.
>>
>>5505256
Yeah but in VII the one that Rey finds, which they tell her is Luke's, is blue.
>>
>>5505605
Go get your mommy to make you some chocolate milk and then watch the empire strikes back.
>>
>>5505605
Remember that time that Luke got his hand cut off and his blue lightsaber fell into a gaseous planet and he totally lost it

I remember that time
>>
>>5505605
Bait
>>
>>5505612
>>5505622
>>5505642
Who retrieved that shit from Cloud City?
>>
>>5505655
" That is a tale for another time"
>>
I can't wait to put him on a reclining sofa.
>>
>>5505591
>Finn and Rey
>Jedi
>>
>>5505064
Maybe he made a replica while bored on the island? Idk
>>
>>5505574
Thats because they're giving temporary ones because their own were taken away when captured. And Luke uses the borrowed one before he goes through all of his training. Building a lightsaber is an important step near the end of training.

Both are soon replaced with sabers they build themselves. Anakin replaces it with the blue lightsaber that is eventually given to Luke and Rey.
>>
>>5505835
I was legitimately mad when they handwaved that shit. You can't just do that, I want to know how they got that motherfucker back.
>>
>>5506359
We'll learn eventually. When it's time to know
>>
>>5506362
FUCK YOU, YOU TANGERINE-FACED LITTLE GOBLIN
>>
>>5506359
Me too. Even

>"it was retrieved from Bespin - and believe me, that was not an easy task. The amount of credits I paid make me wonder why I have it hidden away down here"

would have been better. It's just as throwaway but at least gives you the basic idea of what happened: that it hit some cloudraker guy on the head and he sold it for mad dosh to a collector
>>
What a bunch of fake Star Wars fans
>>
>>5506623
this
between thinking the blue is lukes current lightsaber, to making replicas (srsly?), to some sort of color coded mastery level. Either y'all just come in to see yourself typing or are legitimately retarded and cant follow even 6 movies.

>>5505655
>>5506359
>>5506615
It didnt really bother during the movie, but I did go 'whaaat?!?'. What surprised me is that no one brought it up or was talking about it in 'theory videos' til like months later, also I was more mad that they just handwaved blowing up Corucant. But later found out it wasn't coruscant, so a look alike then? I only saw the movie once.
>>
>>5504954
Stop fucking posting this, or at least make it obvious that it's a custom when you do. This is how retarded ass rumors start.
>>
>>5506657
>I only saw the movie once.

unless the next episode magically makes everything better, that's already too often.
>>
>>5506615

They probably don't want to lock themselves down to one idea yet. Because you know how movie plots (d)evolve as the development progresses.
>>
>>5506657
>thinking the blue is lukes current lightsaber
Okay, fine, I admit I zoned out by that point in the movie and didn't notice whether it looked like Anakin's beyond it being blue, but that movie was just so fucking bland.
>>
>>5506668
Stop trying to force your opinion on others. No one gives a shit about what some neckbeard thinks about the movie.
>>
>>5506937
>expressing your opinion is trying to force it on others
>>
>>5506956
Telling someone they've seen the movie too often by seeing it once is forcing your opinion on them, you dumbass. You are literally telling them what to do.
>>
>>5506998
>you are literally telling them what to do
No they aren't, they're saying what they've already done is stupid. They don't directly say to do or not do anything.
>>
>>5506937

This >>5506657 anon
He (>>5506668) didn't force any opinion on me, I actually chuckled at the comment [spoiler] because it's true [/spoiler]
>>
>>5506937
How about you stop trying to dictate etiquette you entitled fuck? /toy/ isn't your safe space.
>>
Does anyone actually know what they are talking about?

The green lightsaber that Luke gets in episode 6 is clearly Yodas lightsaber that he just aquires from him that is shown off screen. If you look at the green lightsaber its exactly the same one Yoda used during episodes 1-3 I mean its probably indicated that Luke probably went back to Yoda several times before going to Jabbas Palace. Also he did actually went back in the movie to see Yoda one more time when he was on his last moments of life.

Also luke lost the blue one he had previously during the Cloud City battle with Vader. So this new blue one cannot possibly be the same one he lost.
>>
>>5512152
...no you fucking idiot, in the novelization and the deleted scene from Return of the Jedi, Luke is shown explicitly building his new lightsaber. It's also referenced multiple times in various media how he returned to Obi Wan Kenobi's residence on Tatooine to get the Jedi texts on the traditional lightsaber building method.
>>
>>5512152
>clearly Yoda's lightsaber
Except they specifically mention him building it himself, you retard.
>>5512352
Even without the deleted scene or novelization, the movie shows Vader mentioning him building it himself.
>>
>>5504954
So will someone explain what the fuck this is?
>>
>>5512414
It's just a custom someone whipped up, not an official figure.
>>
>>5512392
>deleted scene
that's the first time i have ever seen that. The original is probably the stronger opening for a rather pointless opening first act.
>>
File: image:207.jpg (49 KB, 375x570) Image search: [Google]
image:207.jpg
49 KB, 375x570
>>5504954
Why does he have Obi Wan's saber?
>>
>>5512414
Some guys made a small run selling these figures. You could probably still buy one, but I forgot the website name.
>>
>>5512695
That's Luke's. Look at the golden thin neck. AFAIK he used Old Ben's schematics and made one that was similar, but not identical.
>>
>>5512695
>I am such a purist I didn't watch anything but a new hope.
>>
File: thepunawakens.jpg (30 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
thepunawakens.jpg
30 KB, 500x367
>>5506937
>Force your opinion
"KARLOS!"
>>
>>5512152
>he did actually went back
Goddamn illiterate shithead.
>>
You fucking idiots love to ramble on about stuff you have no idea about.
Check out the 1:18 minute mark or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ayT0EZwbks
>>
>>5514335
There's only one guy saying Luke didn't make it.
>>
>>5512152
holy shit someone this fucking retarded actually exists somewhere.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.