[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He-man and She-ra general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: 7094590346.jpg (95 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
7094590346.jpg
95 KB, 800x800
Original series, 200X, Classics, anything related goes here. Share your best and worst stories, or rage about how badly Mattycollector fucked you over.
>>
Pre Ordered Castle Grayskull then turn around and saw it for 50% off for black Friday. Super pissed off, Im not ordering the Snake Mountain until next Black friday.
>>
>>5502799
Grayskull had been around for years. It'll be a long time before they ever consider discounting Snake Mountain
>>
>>5502784
Does he man reguarly fuck his sister she ra?
>>
>>5502811
More importantly, why is He-man a manlet in this line?
>>
I haven't had any bad luck with Mattycollector, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with the Thundercats sub. Them trimming it down by two figures is annoying but not bad, them putting the price at $25 and allowing single ship is nice, them including more articulation in the wrist is great to see, but... there just feels like there has to be one colossal fuck up somewhere, and it's going to happen sooner or later.

>>5502799
What do you expect with something that old? They've discounted their figures 50% for sales in the past, it makes sense they'd do that elsewhere. Especially when you have a bunch of unsold giant ass boxes collecting dust in your warehouse for years because they're out of the price range for 99% of collectors.
>>
>>5502860
Where do you think the ball will drop with the Thundercats' line?
>>
File: tinytrip.jpg (21 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
tinytrip.jpg
21 KB, 600x800
>>5502812
because he's a manlet
Can't you tell by his overcompensation in lifting?
It's pretty common
>>
Intergalactic Skeletor fatsuit was definitely the worst offense Scott pulled on us. The Unnamed One was pretty bad too.
>>
I love the MOTU style and aesthetics, but it's a love that really stops around $20, $15 ideally. I'd be all over these figures at retail, but everytime I order one online I just see the combined pricetag with shipping I just hesitate.
>>
>>5502860
50% and free ship is a helluva price drop

They could have sold them off for more profit if they would have put a smaller discount on it sooner
>>
File: SSVN10035.jpg (60 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
SSVN10035.jpg
60 KB, 752x564
These look extremely tempting as hell
>>
>>5503123
I tend to agree with you there. I have been in a frenzy over them for a bit, not really sure why. But some of the figures are just so expensive for what they are. Just can't justify the 35.00+ for some of the figures. I have managed to snag some for pretty cheap, got Trapjaw a little bit ago for 30, feels good.
>>
>>5503137
I can't get into the retro figures like this. Although I do think the packaging is cool.
>>
>>5503137
I'd actually be all over the opposite of this; other properties adapted in MOTU style(classic Playmates TMNT style would be another one I'd love.) It'd be cool to see an MOTU-ized Predator, Gillman, Jack Burton,Gorn, or even Sloth from the Goonies.
>>
File: IMG_2858[1].jpg (370 KB, 993x967) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2858[1].jpg
370 KB, 993x967
>>5503131

I picked up the Castle last year as part of My Xmas present with the free shipping. It was worth it, but good on those who got it for 50% off.

>>5503140

Nice. I just got the original Evil-Lyn for $37 last week. I'm not a MIB collector but this one might stay packaged.
>>
>>5503137
Too skinny.
>>
>>5503185
That's pretty good.
Where do MOTU Classic collectors pick their figures up?

I have had some good luck on Ebay. I picked up a few from a local comic shop that deals in some, but hasn't had any change in stock for months. A flea market nearby has some vendors who deal with MOTU, but more often then not they really overcharge, for example, 40.00 for Intergalactic Skeletor. Still can't believe it.
>>
>>5502784
I wish theyd make classics for 200x already. I know theyll fuck it up anyway, but i liked those designs better
>>
>>5503314
They sort of have, for some at least. But I would really like a full scale line. I still like a lot of the 200X figures more than the classics, for the sculpts. And the crazy color schemes they did on some figures. G2 MOTU.
>>
>>5503215
I've been a subscriber since it started.

Through the ups and downs of white screen of death, reversed shoulders, black plastic, and fat armor. MOTU Classics is still one of my all time favorite lines. It's damn impressive that it is closing in on 10 years since it started. I alays look forward to the figures I get in the mail every month that add to the collection.
>>
>>5503143
Same here. They are fun to look at but as an Oldfag I lived through that time & my nostalgia doesn't run that way...
>>
Anyone still selling the He-man vs Superman pack, or has that ship long left port?
>>
>>5502784
When is the 200X King Hiss snake form coming out again? I know it was delayed last time but I completely forgot when he's meant to come out.
>>
>>5503912
Probably next month.
>>
>>5502784
Why are the women in this line so fucking tall?

Less height, more muscle please.
>>
>>5504177
No clue on why they are so tall, but I am cool with it. A little bit more muscle would be welcome. Not going to happen though.
>>
>>5504177
Musclefag, please return to /co/ and the closet you came out of.
>>
>>5504872
Huh?

Your request makes no sense, as I am posting anonymously, and you do not know where I "came out of".
>>
File: review_mossman_1.jpg (178 KB, 800x1204) Image search: [Google]
review_mossman_1.jpg
178 KB, 800x1204
>>5504924
Ignore him, he's leaking autism.

As someone who loved the Sasquatch myths as a kid, pic related very quickly became my favorite Master. Whose your favorite anons?
>>
File: 2901064_140820153608_DSC02276.jpg (55 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
2901064_140820153608_DSC02276.jpg
55 KB, 500x380
>>5505101
I grew up with Terror Claws Skeletor, given to me by my brother. Skeletor was always my favorite, with Trapjaw and Kobra Khan close second and third.
>>
>>5505101
Tung Lashor. My favorite as a kid and the classics version is perfection.
>>
>>5505101
As kids me and my brother really only had good guys and just one lone Skeletor, so in my youth I probably would have picked a hero as a favorite. But as an adult, I love the villains more and Mer-Man is pretty much my favorite Classics figure.
>>
>>5505101
Clawful, I was actually happy the classics head was so retro.
>>
File: 032-2.jpg~original.jpg (132 KB, 799x598) Image search: [Google]
032-2.jpg~original.jpg
132 KB, 799x598
>>5505615
Angry eyebrows Clawful is the best one, but I have to question why Filmation gave him an alligator head.
>>
File: 1965298365392.jpg (64 KB, 631x379) Image search: [Google]
1965298365392.jpg
64 KB, 631x379
Filmation Skeletor will not be accurate unless there's a button to make him angrily flail his arms over his head.
>>
File: thankyou7gey531idc.jpg (1 MB, 1248x896) Image search: [Google]
thankyou7gey531idc.jpg
1 MB, 1248x896
Is there a particular reason these were never released to retail? Not every character would sell adequately, but the core cast would be snatched up like lotto tickets in a ghetto.
>>
File: IMG_2311[1].jpg (243 KB, 1143x857) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2311[1].jpg
243 KB, 1143x857
>>5506516

In general, because Matty doesn't believe in He-Man anymore, not after 200X tanked. It was mostly because the 4Horsemen wanted to do it and Scott Neitlich was able to convince the higher ups to do it as a low-production online service.
>>
>>5506516
Mattell fucked up the 2002 line so badly they got the MOTU line blackballed from ALL major retailers.

The line failed so badly, was mismanaged to such an extent MOTU is STILL considered radioactive by the big chains
>>
>>5506516
They were at retail... Kind of. Mattel made two-packs with DCUC characters that went to TRU. Some of the packs were really popular and sold through, but then you get a pack like Hawkman and Stratos and it's a bit of a stretch to expect them to move under the typical premium price associated with MOTUC. There were also brief blink-and-you-missed-it sightings of single-packed MOTUC at TRUs in like 2012 or thereabouts. And of course, the infamous Big Lots overstock dump.
>>
>>5506662
My local comic shops carried the line for a little bit. They would take orders, but stoppe around 2014 due to lack of interest. The Big Lots dump was also a contributing factor.
I wish I had picked up more of the DCMOTU 2 packs. I got Skeletor and Lex, Superman and He-man, and Merman Aquaman. Really wanted the Bizarro/Faker pack, but never saw it. Same with She-ra and Supergirl. Now those two are pretty pricey.
Speaking of, any chance of Panthor getting a rerelease? Really would like to give Skeletor a mount other than the Griffin, but don't quite want to drop 100+ on it, based on ebay prices.
>>
>>5506699
Panthor was a $65 figure up till the middle of last year and all of a sudden it shot up in price, likely because the Skeletor 2.0 dragged up a lot of interest in it. It probably is going to settle down in price and return to normal ranges. Barely anyone is buying it at $100+ so the market will dictate the natural costs before long.
>>
Any consensus on Lord Masque?
I had the Shokoti episodes on VHS when I was young, and always liked the design. Any problems with the figure? I bought King Hiss without checking it out, found out about the shoulders on opening. Pretty big disappointment.
>>
>>5506735
It's a pretty by the numbers release. Nothing to really complain over as far as the figure itself goes, not much to laud either. It's kind of lame that they couldn't think of an accessory to give him that's actually his and not meant for another character but he still looks cool wielding the sword and shield.
>>
File: image.jpg (389 KB, 1225x1094) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389 KB, 1225x1094
Picked up all of these and a castle greyskull for 40 dollars at a toy show last weekend. Though I made out pretty good. It was impulsive but I couldn't resist
>>
>>5506576
I gotta be honest I don't collect MotU and clicked this thread by mistake but I'm intrigued.

What's the story here? How did they fuck up so badly?
>>
My toy collecting started with the 200X line. I purchased He-Man and Skeletor and just kept going. I remember Mer-Man being the hardest to find in that first wave. There were some pretty ridiculous variants but I was hooked and got them all. The last waves didn't see a wide release which is a shame because I still don't have a few of them like Snake Armor He-Man

I was all in with MOTUC as well and got double subscriptions the first couple of years out when they were $20. All of the Matty screw ups in the last few years made me lose interest in the line entirely and I let my subscription die.
>>
>>5507612
Looks pretty good especially with Grayskull, that leech looks great. How are the majority of the leg rubbers?
>>
>>5507792
Surprisingly yeah. The better figures have good legs, some are permanently turned in the wrong direction. Another downside is that greyskull didn't come with any of the accessories. Just the castle shell.
>>
>>5507920
Growing up we had a few of the Grayskull shells. Nothing else, not even the drawbridge. Still was fun as hell to play with. Kind of want to track one down now. Wish we hadn't sold them at garage sales.
Is the new Grayskull worth the 300? Or wait until it goes on sale again?
>>
>>5507964
It's a massive hunk of plastic real-estate that is pretty essential in a MOTU collection. Don't expect it to ever come back though.
>>
>>5507747
>>5506576

Admittedly that is a lot of the fault of retailers too. A lot of the problems that plagued the line were partially requests made by retailers. They and Mattel figured the strategies of the 80s would work again.
>>
>>5506699
Bizarro/Faker was a SDCC exclusive that was only there for like 2 days because of a late shipment to Entertainment Earth's booth. Never got one because of all that garbage.
>>
File: 1431095164165.gif (1 MB, 468x364) Image search: [Google]
1431095164165.gif
1 MB, 468x364
>>5507989
I'll wait for snake mountain. Then I can have Blackjack and Hookers at my lair.
>>
>>5507999
Which 80's strategies?
>>
File: IMG_2870[1].jpg (288 KB, 989x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2870[1].jpg
288 KB, 989x768
>>5507964
>Is the new Grayskull worth the 300?

I got it end of 2014 sale for $300. Absolutely worth it. If you can find it less than that, go for it. That being said, production is over and Matty is sold out, so it'll have to be like a BBTS sale if you want it cheaper. It's pretty awesome though and way worth it.

>>5508010
>Not taking over Castle Grayskull.
>>
>>5508108
I guess having a cartoon for an advertisement and then flooding the market with figures.
I remember going to target looking for Transformers Armada figures and freaking out over the huge MOTU display then.
>>
>>5508121

Too bad CN fucked over the cartoon just like they later fucked over Transformers Animated, Gundam SEED/Toonami, and the Thundercats reboot.
>>
File: so stoned.png (140 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
so stoned.png
140 KB, 450x338
>>5508120
>Not taking over Castle Grayskull.
Touché Sir, Touché.
>>
>>5508125
Its funny, because I watched the cartoon every day while the first and second seasons aired. I always assumed it had just ended there, and I never saw the Snakemen line in my neck of the woods.
Fast forward 10 years, I watch the series on Netflix with my GF, she starts to like it. Now, four years later she watches any MOTU with me and we have discussions about the current DC comic. She even encourages my continuing purchasing of the figures, and got me Hordak, Horde Prime, and Leech.
>>
File: IMG_2867[1].jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2867[1].jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>5508161

The current DC comic is also pretty cool. I'm like the "Eyes of Grayskull" making the castle as the ultimate weapon of time and space. That's pretty epic and makes the "Masters of the Universe" title make sense.
>>
>>5508108
Cases on order of individual characters (He-man and Skeletor) and loads of variants of the main hero and villain.
>>
>>5508169
The comic has done a great job exploring some cool elements while still keeping it very... He-man. Like the last issue. My GF and I discussed that it felt kind of rushed, but it was typical for the overall series. The themes, although by no means great writing, are pretty well improved over the old fluff.
I really hope the Classics line picks up some of the DC designs. I really want a Teela Goddess and Horokoth Evil-Lyn. God I need this design in my collection.
And a Serpos creature.
>>
>>5508200
Is the Goddess evil or just corrupted in this pic?
>>
>>5508200
is that deadpool?
>>
File: Rattlor.png (2 MB, 1104x710) Image search: [Google]
Rattlor.png
2 MB, 1104x710
>>5508203
Pic has nothing to do with the story. Goddess is pretty good throughout the story so far, if maybe a tiny bit neutral. She commands the Snakemen to join He-man in fighting the Horde. Pretty epic level shit.
>>5508209
Nope, That's Stratos with a helmet to make him actually cool.
>>
File: sorceress-of-horokoth.png (1 MB, 893x909) Image search: [Google]
sorceress-of-horokoth.png
1 MB, 893x909
>>5508200
>Horokoth Evil-Lyn

I need Horokoth Goddess like nothing else. I subbed the "Collector's Choice" partly because of the Despera variant of She-Ra.

>>5508203
Neither. The Goddess has three incarnation, the past Snake Sorceress, the current Bird Sorceress, and the future Bat Sorceress. When Teela became the Sorceress, she assumed the Past aspect while Evil-Lyn assumed the Future aspect.

The Goddess herself is pretty much beyond good and evil, but aspects (the Sorceress) can be good or evil.
>>
File: Despara.jpg (291 KB, 900x1369) Image search: [Google]
Despara.jpg
291 KB, 900x1369
>>5508227
Mah Niggah. I really hope they reveal some plans for this shit soon. Despara is going to be a welcome addition, along with the Horde Wraith. Delicious Horde.
Think they will do a comic only sub? Or am I just dreaming?
>>
File: DSCN0015[1].jpg (586 KB, 2001x673) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0015[1].jpg
586 KB, 2001x673
>>5508239
>Delicious Horde.

You fucking know it.
>>
>>5508222
Were the snake men a natural species then? I was under the impression they were under a curse or some alien 'other' to better align with Conan.

>>5508227
Excellent way to tie in with Teela's old figure.
>>
>>5508250
>Red She-Hulk with Horde Garter
I have a new project. Although off topic, how hard is she to come by?
I need to pick up Catra and Octavia, and I'll be good on my Horde... Except Troopers. Never enough troopers.
>>
>>5508253
>Were the snake men a natural species then?
Yeah, King Hiss caused their death as a species when he tried to gain the Goddess's power. She doesn't take that shit well.
>>
>>5508253

There's different origin stories for the Snake Men, but they are all from thousands of years before He-Man.

In the original MOTU, they were just an ancient evil sealed up until Skeletor unlocks their seal deep in Snake Mountain. He-Man thought Skeletor was attacking the disguised Hsss until POP OFF TORSO ATTACK.

The Filmation cartoons never did anything with the Snake Men as a faction, although one or two showed up as part of Skeletor's gang or the Evil Horde.

In the 200X cartoon, the Snake Men were again an ancient evil sealed up, but this time Evil-Lyn was the one who unleashed them. Evil-Lyn, despite being pretty competent in the series, does most of the fuck-ups (gets Skeletor with Hordak, unleashes ancient wizard Count Marzo, unleashes Snake Men, was about to unleash the Horde for season 3).

Classics I think used a throwaway line in the old bios that the Snake Men were originally created by the Unknown One, a terrible wizard who was going to use the Snake Men for his army until King Hss rebelled and led his faction for himself. Unknown One was made into a figure for MOTUC. He was Evil Orko, basically. Not a well-liked development.

In the DC comics, the Snake Men were just the Old Race before warm blooded humans arrived. The Goddess took the snake aspect to interact with them. King Hsss took over the Snake Men and led them to take over the planet but was defeated by time. Hsss however survived as a spirit, possessing people through the ages. He tried to possess He-Man, but he (barely) got his ass kicked out by the Power of Eternity inside He-Man. For a few issues, though He-Man was actually King Hsss, and wore the classic armor. I'm almost tempted to get a Classics King Hsss just for a possessed evil He-Man.
>>
>>5508256
I only saw Red She-Hulk once in the stores, when I got her. I heard there's a bootleg that's fairly easy to score on ebay,though. In My toyverse, Horde Prime is the still the ruler of the universe, and Red Shulk is his half-daughter. The garter works to tie her into the Horde well, I think.
>>
>>5506516
I regret not getting into this line. Even hearing all the bullshit about matty collector that picture makes it all seem worth it.
>>
File: Cell Fight.jpg (589 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Cell Fight.jpg
589 KB, 1632x1224
>>5508307

I was going to avoid this line like the plague from all the horror I heard about Matty, and I had no personal interest in He-Man as a kid.

Horde Prime was something I needed the second I saw him, though. And you know what, it is a pretty fun toyline. As long as you keep away from autistic fucks like at he-man.org and try not to go crazy on the expensive shit, it's a good series to collect.
>>
>>5508334
What's wrong with He-man.org?
>>
>>5508347

Any concentration of a fandom devolves pretty quickly. MOTU fans are smaller, so it becomes more concentrated bullshit, where they scream loudest and ruins a bunch of stuff. The owner and the mods are pretty hard-core Matty buttmonkeys. For years there was rampant drama and bannings and deletions over all sorts of shit.

Think all-spark.com levels of bullshit, but more concentrated.
>>
>>5508334
I have over 50 of the figures and I never once joined the .org forums. God damn that place is a cesspool. There's something about manchildren reclaiming childhood memories in toy form that brings out the worst in their respective communities. GI Joe, He-Man, Transformers, WWF... all of them have the most garbage-tier communities in the entire toy collecting hobby.
>>
File: Golden God King Boy.jpg (57 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Golden God King Boy.jpg
57 KB, 640x360
>>5508362
That seems to be the case with almost every fandom centered website.
>>5508459
I don't see why any sane person would. They really seem to act like every figure is a gift from god. The lists they make of requested characters make my head spin. Do you really need every single Filmation character to have a figure? Half of them aren't interesting anyway. I can understand people wanting the Filmation accurate original Masters and Evil Warriors, but I am glad to say I have no interest in paying out the ass for the new figures. I'll just keep trying to finish off the ones I want.

So, back to talking about the toys. Favorite Variant of Skeletor and He-man anyone? I have a soft spot for Battle Armor He-man and Battle Armor Skeletor. But it really is best to give The Faceless One's Armor to Skeletor. Closest I feel like I can get to Golden God Skeletor from the Movie. (Minus the color obviously.
KNEEL!!!!!
>>
File: IMG_2239.jpg (152 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2239.jpg
152 KB, 612x816
>>5510004

Faceless One's armor on Skeletor looks amazing.

It's not a popular choice, but I have to say the New Adventures one is My favorite, despite it using 'armor' for it's chest instead of a new torso. The head sculpt is amazing and everything works pretty darn good for it.
>>
>>5510004

I'd kill for a Golden God Skeletor figure from the movie or regular Skeletor.
>>
File: Flows throuhg me.gif (1011 KB, 449x252) Image search: [Google]
Flows throuhg me.gif
1011 KB, 449x252
>>5510132
That is surprising to me. I own NA Skeletor, and the sculpt is interesting and detailed. I like it from that perspective, but something about it feels... off. I only got him because he was 14.99 at a flea market. Don't regret him at that price. I have almost all of the Skeletor classics figures, except Laser Light. Anyone have him? Opinions? Kind of tempted from a collection standpoint, but it is kind of pricey for the two pack. The hood and head kind of put me off though.
>>5510176
I fucking know. Langella owned that role. The whole line about loneliness of good vs loneliness of evil is one of my favorite lines for D&D villains to go into. No one I play with gets the referrence. I think Mattel said they can't do Movie Skeletor or He-man due to film rights, which sucks. Maybe some day though.
>>
>>5510211
>Langella owned that role.

Fun fact: Skeletor is one of Langella's favorite roles he's done. He had a ton of fun with the character and he did it for his (then) four year old son.

Despite all of it's problems, the film is actually pretty neat.
>>
>>5507612
That looks like a box I sold when I was a kid... castle grey skull, snake mountain, and a few vehicles included for 25 bucks
>>
File: 1354534608870.jpg (137 KB, 1271x859) Image search: [Google]
1354534608870.jpg
137 KB, 1271x859
>>5510232
That is awesome. Definitely makes me appreciate his work in it more, and shows why he did a great job.
The film is really weird. Part Star Wars, some weird DC New Gods elements, and then some actual MOTU thrown in.
And Tom Paris from Star Trek Voyager hooking up with Monica from Friends.
Out of good Skeletor GIFs. So have Hordak and Skeletor lusting after an oddly shaped sword hilt.
>>
File: IMG_2257[1].jpg (172 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2257[1].jpg
172 KB, 816x612
>>5510252

Heh. The only Hordak I have is the Hurricane Hordak, because at the time it was the closest to the cartoon Hordak. I haven't really felt the urge to get another Hordak. I prefer the cartooon evil space empire depiction, and the golden armor and blaster arm/equipment is pretty neat.

Shame they pretty much screwed up the SDCC Hordak.
>>
>>5510290
>Screwed up the SDCC Hordak
How so?
>>
>>5510296

They didn't bother making a Filmation styled head and collar, and the blaster arm isn't compatible with any of the other hand attachments like the Trap-Jaw, Roboto, Hurricane Hordak bits, They could have just used the HH tooling for the arms and focused on the head. In the end it just felt lazy for such a wanted version of Hordak.
>>
File: 1354558394772.png (323 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1354558394772.png
323 KB, 450x450
>>5510312
I could see them doing a 2.0 of it for the new Filmation line.
That is disappointing to find out he can't use any of those other attachments. I guess more reason to pick up the cheaper Hurricane Hordak. Don't think I am interested in Buzzsaw Hordak, just too much like the original.
When do we get baby stealing Hordak Damnit!!!!
>>
>>5510312
I got SDCC Hordak and I agree with your assessment of it. Still, even if it's not the Hordak we all wanted, I'm glad to have him in blue. If Mattel wants to earn bro points, they'll sneak a filmation head into a set at some point.
>>
>>5510324
I'm somewhat tempted to get the Buzzsaw Hordak just to have a somewhat classic looking Hordak. Plus he's pretty cheap.

>>5510327
Yeah, having him in blue is still pretty tempting. I just don't think I want to deal with trying to get one at this point.
>>
File: 1454714880883.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1454714880883.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>5510211

I quote some of his lines and the only time people who get the quotes are friends who equally love it. The thing I don't understand is.. they can make figures of Blade and Gwildor. But not Dolph or Frank? Come on.

Amusingly it's probably my favorite guilty pleasure movie and favorite films. It's cheesy yes. The acting at times from anyone who isn't named Frank or Meg is subpar. But there are so many great quotes. So much spirit went into that film. It deserves a lot of love.
>>
>>5510661

That's because they made toys in the 80s of Blade, Saurod, and Gwilder.

The classics version of Blade and Saurod are great figures, though. I would love movie versions of He-Man, Skeletor, and Evil-Lyn.
>>
File: -image-321183-grande.jpg (39 KB, 300x565) Image search: [Google]
-image-321183-grande.jpg
39 KB, 300x565
>>5510684
Saurod and Lizard-man remind me of just how juxtaposed this line really is at times.
>>
>>5503123

> $15

You're one of those poorfags huh. Betcha think Marvel Legends are worth about $6 and that figmoe is about treefiddy
>>
>>5502784
>she-man
>>
>>5505101
Trapjaw without a doubt. I loved his robutt arm and moving jaw.
>>
How did MOTU classics get started? Did someone bribe someone at Mattel?
>>
>>5511474
Mattel owns MOTU. It's easy to gamble on something that's just production costs, especially when said production costs are heavily slashed by massive parts recycling. It's like asking how Hasbro keeps making GI Joe.
>>
>>5511489
I mean more like who made the initial pitch to execs after the 200X debacle when the line was considered dead. The line pays for itself with the the recycling and that's how it's lasted this long.
>>
>>5511506

4 Horsemen. They were also the guys behind the 200X designs and sculpts. Around 2006, I think, they sculpted a new toy design heavily based on the original stuff except with modern articulation. I think they showed it to Scott Nietlich who presented to the Matty execs. It was modified into the King Grayskull figure which was made into an SDCC exclusive. It proved popular enough that they pursued a new line. Since it was dead at retail, Scott worked up the online pitch.
>>
>>5503171
But that's been done to death.
>>
>>5511489
But GI Joe actually sells at retail and doesn't need numbers upfront for it to exist.
>>
>>5512179
From what I understand GI Joe is nearly dead though right? it'll probably be limited to subscription unless it picks up in the next few years.
>>
>>5512240
Really hard to sell toy soldiers to kids in a liberal society these days.
>>
>>5512269
Not really, Call of Duty is one of the best selling franchises right now, and it's way more overt with its patriotism angle than GI Joe is. Mega bloks is doing really well with their CoD line. If anything Hasbro would probably have more success if they really pushed the tacticool military angle with GI Joe and ditched the cartoonier 80's stuff.
>>
>>5512269
My friend's kids have army men still, and power rangers stuff, but they simply have no interest in my friend's GI Joes. He has a huge collection, going back to the original line and encompassing everything up to now. But the kids just don't have an interest. I think he and his old military buddies are the only guys who buy the line around here. Just a dying breed for now I guess.
>>5512279
Exactly. I don't think it has anything to do with liberal or conservative. Sometimes things just die off. GI Joe has been around, and will remain around in some form. Kids just don't seem interested now.
>>
>>5512311
Testosterone has been in decline in males every year since the late 80's. In another generation or two, every boy will be wanting My Little Pony rather than army men.
>>
>>5512269
Have you not met a kid in the last 20 years?
>>
>>5512269
You mean leftist, and no it isn't. In fact being in a pussified society makes the kids crave more fucked up depictions of stuff like the military in their fiction.
>>
File: alley-viper-09.jpg (76 KB, 554x750) Image search: [Google]
alley-viper-09.jpg
76 KB, 554x750
>>5512240
It's sold through two stores as exclusives, so it's ongoing. And just so you know, most exclusives are done to drive up sales to specific retailers, so it likely meant it could ahve gone to normal retail (minus WalMart, the second largest toy seller), but didn't to please TRU.

It COULD die, but Hasbro/Paramount are still making the third movie, so it'll go back to normal retail again.
And subscription would likely kill it, as Hasbro doesn't seem to want to sell 10k-20k figures a year like Mattel does.

>>5512279
>If anything Hasbro would probably have more success if they really pushed the tacticool military angle with GI Joe and ditched the cartoonier 80's stuff.
Nah, this is GI Joe's saving grace. It sells because of it's cartoony techno-y style. It's what separates it from all other military toylines.
>>
>>5512372
>It sells because of it's cartoony techno-y style.

Except it isn't selling apparently.

You can do cartoony techno-y military stuff,look at Metal Gear. But Metal Gear is just cooler than GI Joe is. GI Joe just needs better style and something to freshen the line up. PoC was a good step.
>>
>>5512335
You mean the minecraft addicted , MLP watching piles of blubber?

You can't defend 21st century kids man, you really can't.
>>
>>5512372
I thought that the line itself was dropped by a lot of retailers after the second movie line bombed. My friend was able to get most of the line for really low prices after it had gone on clearance near his place.
>>
>>5512428
>MLP watching
Those are millenials and most of them aren't kids anymore.
>>
>>5512430
>I thought that the line itself was dropped by a lot of retailers after the second movie line bombed.
You can blame that on the movie being delayed a whole year after the toyline was released. The line itself sold pretty well for Hasbro though, judging by their comments about high amount of reorders from retailers, so there's obviously demand from consumers.
... hence the 50th toys.

So that year without the movie for the toyline they were trying to sell? It pissed off some retailers and it's likely why they wouldn't order more products without media to back it.

>>5512409
It sold, hence the second exclusive line.
Not sure what's going on this year, but like last year, they said to wait until joecon to see new stuff. meh
>>
File: MOTUC_s_02.jpg (111 KB, 590x442) Image search: [Google]
MOTUC_s_02.jpg
111 KB, 590x442
>>5512446
Sped the 20 calories and try a little harder next time.

Back to the topic at hand, which Sorceress figure is the best, and is there a way for me to stick the 200X wings on her?
>>
>>5512558
>Sped the 20 calories and try a little harder next time.
What?
>>
File: 1354541951010.jpg (2 MB, 1278x1000) Image search: [Google]
1354541951010.jpg
2 MB, 1278x1000
>>5512558
I'd probably go with the Queen Grayskull figure they did recently. Not a huge fan of the original design. It is kind of an important character to have though.
What are considered the essential characters to have? He-man and Skeletor obviously. Teela, Man At Arms, Evil Lyn and Beastman? What do you guys think?
>>
>>5512611
I'd say try to gather the original 80's line's first year, then grab your favorites. This blog has the olde catalogs so those ought to help https://battleram.wordpress.com/
>>
>>5512645
I'm pretty fond of this site, it's a visual checklist of MOTUC grouped by the original line's release dates. http://www.motuportugal.com/
>>
>>5512558
The first MOTUC Sorceress is my favorite in terms of coloring, but there's no doubt that the ToD one is the better built figure.
>>
>>5512611
>Queen Grayskull
Jebus, those wings look retarded.
>>
>>5512967
I like the face an body sculpt, but how does she turn her spine?
>>
File: Well Fuck.gif (2 MB, 313x180) Image search: [Google]
Well Fuck.gif
2 MB, 313x180
>>5512967
I uh... wow. I hadn't looked at it close enough. The sculpt itself looks rough to me. I liked the design in both the comics and the show, but ugh. Glad I don't quite want her bad enough to pay for her.
>>
>>5512938
What is the difference in the build between the two? I know about the goddess's tendency to fall apart in the box, but didn't know about the sorceress's issues.
>>
>>5513615
It's not QC-related, it's the inclusion of thigh swivels. ToD has them, the original doesn't.
>>
>>5503140
>Just can't justify the 35.00+ for some of the figures.
And that's for budget-bin figures like Nepthu and Lizard Man. Good luck getting cool figures like Light Hope or Calix or Oo-Larr.
>>
>>5503215
>40.00 for Intergalactic Skeletor
That's pretty much the eBay price.
>>
>>5506516
4 Stratos and two backwards-shouldered Roboto per case, one He-Man variant every-other case, and Teela one in five cases.
>>
>>5513869

IG Skeletor is less than $30 on Amazon.
>>
File: Orcus1.jpg (64 KB, 800x593) Image search: [Google]
Orcus1.jpg
64 KB, 800x593
>>5510176

Chap Mai made a figure called Count Orcus that is pretty spot on.
>>
I just ended up with a Skeletor Mo Larr 2 pack and I think Skeletor may be my favorite action figure ever, can't believe I've slept in this line for so long. I picked up a couple others that looked cool as well, I just wish it wasn't so hard to find a reasonably priced basic He-Man. Is anyone here looking to hook a brother up?
>>
>>5515613

Funny, I don't have a basic He-Man. I got a King Grayskull, a Prince Adam, and a NA He-Man. The villians are just more interesting to Me.

I would suggest looking at the cheaper figures for MOTUC. Usually they're the unfavorites, but they also tend to be fairly interesting and fun in a stupid kind of way. Count Marzo, Plundar, all the NA stuff are a couple of cool ones.
>>
>>5515630
I bought a Moss Man and Grizzlor mint for $30 shipped each, I'm very excited
>>
>>5515613
>Mo Larr
That robot chicken guy?
>>
>>5515630
I don't have a classic he-man either. I have preferred the villains since I was little. I did get Flying Fists He-man recently with Terror Claws Skeletor because I found the two pack at a flea market for 40.00. Can't beat that price.
Anyone want to share collection pics? I'll take some pics when I get back tonight and show what I have.
>>
>>5515613
Just get the Filmation classic He-Man. It's at scalper prices now but if you hold off you can probably end up getting it for like $20 during the mattycollector cyber monday sale in november. I only started up on MOTUC in 2012 and the sales have helped me get dozens and dozens of needed figures for dirt cheap. At this point I only need 4 figures to complete Skeletor's entire expanded evil warriors crew
>>
Any more word on Snake Mountain?
>>
>>5507741
One factor was too many He-man and Skeletor variants per wave, not enough of anyone else. Variants shelf-warmed and retailers didn't want anymore until those sold.
>>
>>5520817
Sounds like a classic problem.

A dozen turtles to fight every Shredder.
>>
Bamp.

Also, is New Adventures any good?
>>
>>5522257
>New Adventures any good?

The show or the figures?

The MOTUC NA figures are great. The only one I don't like is the 'diver' one. I took Flipshot and popped off the visor on his helmet, then gave him the 200X Man-At-Arms hand cannon to make a MOTUC/NES Cover Mega Man.

The show? Pretty awful.
>>
>>5503137

Gorgeous packaging. It's amazing how much better it looks than the figures themselves.
>>
>>5522257
I have NA He-man, Skeletor, and Optik. They are pretty good. Skeletor can be found for pretty cheap too, and as others have said he has a detailed head sculpt. His torso armor is kind of wonky though. Optik is one of my favorites though. Who doesn't need a walking eye?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hug3DkhA6Oc
>>
So what's the deal with that new King Hsss with the snake legs? Did that ever make it out or did it get cancelled/delayed?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzKXPxejiwU
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/definitivefilms/power-of-grayskull

Looks like our favorite line of big guys and tall girls is getting it's own doc soon. I'm unfamiliar with these projects heads though; were nintendo quest and ninja power any good?
>>
>>5525800
It's Turtle Power, and Nintendo quest was cringy as hell despite decent technical aspects.
>>
Picked up the final issue of the current He-Man series.

It was really good. The final page alone made it worth buying.
>>
>>5527070
Dubs and semi-dubs don't lie.

Just how sweet of a finale was it anon?
>>
>>5527195

The FINAL CLIMACTIC BATTLE FOR ALL OF ETERNITY was last issue (it was pretty climactic battle of eternity) so this was a bit of an epilogue, a bit of 'the adventure continues', but the last page is fourth wall breaking. I'm not sure if I want to spoil it.
>>
Will characters that already resemble their filmation counterparts be retooled or just rereleased? I can't see much work going into Whiplash for one example.
>>
so I just bought a copy of the Mini-Comics collection off Amazon(won't be here till Tuesday though cause even with Prime, shipping out to Riverside County is a complete pain in the ass), anyone in this thread have it, everything I've read about it sounds good to me(and I have a huge stack of the original ones lying around, ironically they're the only MOTU merchandise I own), but figured it wouldn't hurt to fish for opinions from the people in this thread
>>
>>5529629
There's really not much to say about it that isn't gushing praise. It's a must have for MotU fans.
>>
>>5529629
I have it. It's 2.25" thick and feels incredibly hefty. On the one hand you're like "holy shit talk about bang for the buck" but on the other hand it's kind of difficult to find a good way to read it other than just laying it flat on a table and looking down on it. I like to lay back in a chair and read, but with this book it's kind of a strain to do that.

The binding is good, and the coloring is nicely done. There's little tiny factoids on the bottoms of many pages, which is cool to see as it shows the significance of some characters in the grander canon and where some things were changed for later on. Honestly I've had it for several weeks now and despite reading pretty far into it I feel like I've barely made a dent.
>>
File: littlenemo.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1094) Image search: [Google]
littlenemo.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1094
>>5529661
>>5529653
well it won't be the first comic collection I own that's awkward to read, I have a copy of The Complete Little Nemo published by Taschen, beautiful book, but haven't really read it much cause it's absolutely huge and heavy, good to hear I've made a good choice though
>>
File: concept she-ra.jpg (144 KB, 545x1000) Image search: [Google]
concept she-ra.jpg
144 KB, 545x1000
>>5529629

Did you get the MOTU art book too? It's also pretty awesome look at the art and behind the scenes of the toys, cartoons, and comics. I only wish it had a longer section on the 80s movie

It'd never happen, but I'd buy a figure of this concept for She-Ra in an instant.
>>
>>5533357
Fuck yeah I'd buy that She-Ra too, I love 80s slut looks. And it looks like she has a nice bikini top tan line, which is within my top 10 fetishes (yes, I know, it's just them showing the form of the breasts through color value)
>>
File: Tattoo-Da-and-Wun-Dar.jpg (136 KB, 1000x1487) Image search: [Google]
Tattoo-Da-and-Wun-Dar.jpg
136 KB, 1000x1487
>>5533447
Speaking of sexy warrior women, this looks like it could be an easy custom to make. Just take a Battleground Teela, paint her hair black, and add tattoos.

BG Teela is an excellent MOTUC figure anyway.
>>
>>5533357
no not yet anyways, maybe in the future though
>>
>>5533603
who is that?
>>
>>5534227

Just some random MOTU art I came across.
>>
File: IMG_2284[1].jpg (297 KB, 1138x639) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2284[1].jpg
297 KB, 1138x639
LIVE!
>>
>>5537606
HA!

Excellent reference.
>>
>>5537606
Just got Catra, still need to find a good Red She Hulk to join the Horde.
Which Snake man deserves to lose his Horde armband first? Rattlor or Tung Lashor?
Who should I give the other too?
Any ideas for Horde Conscripts?
>>
File: Horde Empire.jpg (598 KB, 2591x969) Image search: [Google]
Horde Empire.jpg
598 KB, 2591x969
>>5538653

Here's My old Horde Empire group before I actually got a decent collection of Horde members.

The Fighting Foe Men are all actual Horde conscripts, having optional Horde chestplates.

I also got the Star Sisters originally to serve as 80s space hookers for pimpin' Hurrican Hordak. They've escaped, though, when space She-Ra showed up with Mara and Huntara.

The NA Space Mutants were umbrella'd under the Horde for the MOTUC bios, too.

Draego-Man is awesome enough to be any and every faction. Same with ML Beta Ray Bill (plus, BRB was sculpted by the 4H so he gets a pass).

Actually, only two of My figures had removable armbands, HHordak and Beastman. I took them off both of them since they have enough Horde symbolism on them already. One's obviously on Red Shulkie, the other is on My kitbashed UK comics Horde Prime, whom I've named "Horduk".

I got a loose Goddess coming in the mail, hopefully her hips aren't shattered. I still need to get Mantenna, though.
>>
>>5537606
My favorite episode as a kid, nice one anon.
>>
I'm not really into MOTUC but I'd like some cool looking badguys for the Mythic Legion guys i'm getting. Any recommendations?
>>
>>5529629
>>5529653
>>5529661
>>5529722
>>5533357
>>5534210
well my copy came in(it actually arrived a day early), and so far it's pretty damn good, both in art and writing(Gwildor makes a joke about an overgrown sponge that's a lot funnier today than it would have been back then)
>>
>>5540303
Just go through here
>http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toycollection.php?id=14
and pick out the ones that look good. Personally I love collecting all of Skeletor's Evil Warriors more than any other group, but the Horde has some great monster figures as well.

My top 5 monster recommendations for you would be:
>Moss Man (even though he's a good guy)
>Demo Man
>Draego-Man
>Rattlor
>Modulok
That pretty much covers the organic monsters, the ghoulish monsters, the dragons, the snakes, and the freaks, so you should get a good spread of variety with just those.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2803x2241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2803x2241
>>5540303
These are some of my fantasy bad guys. Part swapping makes for some interesting looking characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5540825
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 542x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 542x1024
Anyone else bought the Minicomocs collection? It's a bargain for a brick of nostalgia.

He-Man goes all Dirty Harry in the pic.
>>
>>5541059
yeah I got my copy the other day, lots of things to love about it, although I think my favorite is during the first New Adventures of He-Man mini-comic when Prince Adam transforms into He-Man in front of Skeletor and just roasts the crap out of him in the process from the sheer power being sent off by his transformation into his new design
>>
>>5541664

I like some of the commentary. Although I skipped to the parts with the Horde, and whoever wrote the commentary mixed up Whiplash and Leech two or three times.
>>
>>5529629
I nearly bought it on impulse but held off. Having had the chance to digitally flip through it I'm glad I didn't.

Saved this (stupid sexy Teela) and the Grizzlor one.
>>
>>5541924

You could crush a baby's skull with all the power in the book. That's a good book, especially for $20. It's worth picking up if you're a fan.
>>
>>5540487
>>5540825
>>5540827
Thanks so much
That Scarabus is awesome I wish I could get one

I appreciate all your help tho
>>
>>5542192
I guess I'm not enough of a fan.
The only classic I own is Battleground Teela.
>>
File: princess-grayskull.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
princess-grayskull.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>5543296

That's alright. BG Teela is probably My favorite Classics figure anyway.
>>
File: anti_he_man.jpg (427 KB, 679x950) Image search: [Google]
anti_he_man.jpg
427 KB, 679x950
I think I'm going to need to hunt down Anti-He-Man, now.
>>
File: Anti-He-Man package.jpg (358 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Anti-He-Man package.jpg
358 KB, 480x640
>>5548375
Might even get one just to keep in package.
>>
>>5548383
Wait what, is that a review sample or something?
>>
>>5548454

Some guy on FB apparently got his hands on one, and a Filmation TrapJaw. No one knows how or why. But it looks neat.
>>
>>5548462
I'm crazy jealous, it'll look great with my Faker. Hopefully it's not a perma-$60+ figure.
>>
>>5548475

That's what I'm hoping too. I like they didn't go with the orangish red for the armor, it'd make him look too much like Faker.
>>
>>5548383

That's actually a thing? That's...sorta cool I guess.
>>
>>5548383
Probably this year's chase figure which have all been pretty easy to get eventually. If you miss when they pop up they always are available in November for the Cyber Monday sale.
>>
>>5515630
>>5516045
Also no Classics HM. Battle Armor is my go-to. Sometimes ThunderPunch.
>>
>>5548475
>a perma-$60+ figure
It will be. Dammit. That's what killed this line for me. I can't get any of the figures I want anywhere near retail.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (25 KB, 393x295) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
25 KB, 393x295
>>5508120
Whos this ?
>>
>>5554228

Revoltech Melona from Queen's Blade.
>>
bamp
>>
fuck, this thread has been up forever
>>
File: I'm out.gif (2 MB, 560x433) Image search: [Google]
I'm out.gif
2 MB, 560x433
>>5563741
Yeah... Damn. I am surprised this is still here.
To /toy/ being slow as fuck! At least with this.
>>
>>
I managed to get Sssqueeze and Ninjor for cheap last night on ebay, super psyched. I'm only a few figures away from completing Skeletor's crew.
>>
File: IMG_2502[1].jpg (171 KB, 1121x585) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2502[1].jpg
171 KB, 1121x585
>>5566002

Rightous! I'm kind of tempted to get Ninjor, because who wouldn't have fun with an evil He-Man ninja?

You better post picks of Sssqueeze molesting your other figures with his extendo-arms.
>>
File: Vultak.jpg (57 KB, 716x480) Image search: [Google]
Vultak.jpg
57 KB, 716x480
>>5548383
Is this the subscription bonus figure? I haven't been keeping up.

However, I did snag a Vultak and Goatman last week but still haven't received shipping confirmation. How long does Matty usually take to ship things?
>>
>>5566239

No, looks like Anti-Eternia He-Man is going to be the chase figure this year.

I got the sub but haven't seen any confirmation for Vultak. I think they said there was a bit of a delay for orders this month.
>>
>>5566090
I'll see what I can do in terms of pics. The anon with the Prometheus tentacle monster pretty much has the market cornered when it comes to MOTUC molestation images so I don't know what I can do to up that one. He's like the Michael Jordan of that stuff.
>>
File: FFZ.jpg (277 KB, 517x960) Image search: [Google]
FFZ.jpg
277 KB, 517x960
>>5567377

bamping
>>
>>5571505
Woah! Your mom lets you have two Hordaks??
>>
>>5502784
>He-Man with 2 girls
>still looks gay somehow
There's just something about that character.
>>
File: hmcs.jpg (240 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
hmcs.jpg
240 KB, 1600x900
Anyone here collect the Commemorative Series figures? I have the wave 2 five pack in pic related, but I still need to get the first wave set.

That Legends of Eternia 10 pack is ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>5574470
Where did you find them? Your LCS?
>>
>>5574494
I know it sounds cliché, but my aunt used to work for Mattel back then. She used to give me Hot Wheels and stuff as a kid, and the 5 pack was one of the last things I got from her before she quit. It's been sitting in my closet for about 15 years.
>>
>>5574470
Wait... is that Maverick's?
>>
>>5574522
Yeah
>>
>>5574470
This exact set is up on my city's Craigslist for $165 obo. What should I offer?
>>
>>5574531
Damn. Didn't think there was another Dayton area person here.
>>
What's the best Skeletor figure? Articulation-wise.
>>
File: Skeletor Sexy.jpg (336 KB, 817x800) Image search: [Google]
Skeletor Sexy.jpg
336 KB, 817x800
>>5577860
>What's the best Skeletor figure?
Disco-
>Articulation-wise.
Oh. Any MOTUC, probably the basic one since the original armor doesn't get in the way of articulation.
>>
>>5577865
>Disco-
Go on...
>>
File: img20160328_191507.jpg (603 KB, 1153x960) Image search: [Google]
img20160328_191507.jpg
603 KB, 1153x960
>>5574470
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 365x611) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 365x611
>>5577973
Disco or Halloween Skeletor. Was a 200X figure, probably one of the best repaints ever.
>>
File: Disco Skelly.jpg (342 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Disco Skelly.jpg
342 KB, 1024x768
>>5577973
You didn't know?
>>
>>5577982
>>5577987
That's fucking rad. I totally didn't, I never looked into the toyline past the originals as a kid, but I need one now.
>>
>>5503215
>A flea market nearby has some vendors who deal with MOTU, but more often then not they really overcharge
Now most of those sellers use Ebay as reference for their prices.
>>
File: IMG_2897[1].jpg (154 KB, 725x789) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2897[1].jpg
154 KB, 725x789
>>5583822
>Now most of those sellers use Ebay as reference for their prices.

The horror!
>>
>>5584151
I love Modulok. I'm glad I got Multi-Bot before it, because I feel like if I got Modulok first Multi-Bot would have been a disappointment.
>>
>>5584165

I'm tempted to get a second Modulok just for more pieces.

Despite him being Horde, I haven't really been inspired to get Multi-Bot. How is he?
>>
>>5507741
Short answer is retail saw the 200X He-man as the return to the 80s days of the toy market. Some blame Mattel pitching it like, that others think it was the 80's nostalgia boom from the late 90's early 00's (most 80s kids were at that right age to have money but not sense)
Also worth noting the 80's reissues were out a few years before and sold well.
This idea lead to them making a huge push of figures on shelves a almost Star Wars approach in terms of shelf space, and it sold great at first but the flaw was a mix of greed and fear because they didn't know what would keep momentum going, as such we got a lot of He-man and Skeletor retools that would make most/the entire wave which then lead to massive gluts but in turn lead to there last waves struggling to ever get on shelves, leading to a burn out market and pissed off retailers stuck with 5 rows of "Smash blade He-man" that no child or collector wanted
>>
>>5520880
Yes but some heroes like Bat-man and the Turtles do surprisingly well with that set up.
It's also worth noting that those that do such things are smart enough not to make that the case which is where Mattel fuck up.
To give better context it be like if a TMNT case was 4 battle slasher Leos 4 battle smasher Mikes and 2 brand new figures.
>>
>>5584169
It's a nice enough figure, but visually it's just not really all that interesting to me. There's a lot of finely sculpted details, but the coloring is weak and it feels like it's not as wildly imaginative as Modulok was. It reminds me a lot of Blast Attak where on its own it looks pretty good, but in the context of the rest of MOTU's designs you're just kind of left with a ho-hum design.
>>
>>5586224
BBTS has Karatti for $18. He's a real cool figure, and worth picking up for that cheap. He's like a day-glo Predator.
>>
>>5502784

I've been meaning to ask... why does it look like He-Man has tied those ladies up?
>>
File: IMG_2264[1].jpg (429 KB, 1306x980) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2264[1].jpg
429 KB, 1306x980
>>5586244

MOTU is into some freaky shit, man.
>>
>>5586247
Whose that guy on the very left, is he a custom?
>>
File: IMG_2318[1].jpg (388 KB, 1306x980) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2318[1].jpg
388 KB, 1306x980
>>5586279

Scarabus is an original creation by the guys who sculpted the MOTUC stuff. They love toys, so they did some independent toys. Scarabus was their 'big bad' for their Gothitropolis stuff. He's fantastic.
>>
>>5584181
>retools that would make most/the entire wave which then lead to massive gluts but in turn lead to there last waves struggling to ever get on shelves, leading to a burn out market and pissed off retailers stuck with 5 rows
Why toy companies make always the same mistake? Hasbro did the same 7 or 6 years ago with Iron Man 2 figures.
>>
File: DSCF6457.jpg (334 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6457.jpg
334 KB, 1024x768
>>5586309
because everyone wants the next Animated Series Bat-man in terms of toy sales
Where you are selling the same figure again and again, just with different colors and accessories for over a decade+
Maximum profits
Minimal work
That is THE toy company dream.
So you'll times in history where a company look at a toy IP and thought "I bet we could make 2 molds and release them nonstop with no new retooling for years!"
As you have pointed out, it hardly works out the same.
>>
I will not let this thread die
>>
File: CustomSkeletorFangirl.jpg (47 KB, 416x600) Image search: [Google]
CustomSkeletorFangirl.jpg
47 KB, 416x600
Would you, /toy/bros?
>>
>>5591997
Wouldn't be the worst figure I have bought, so sure, why not?
Gives me opportunity for lewd pics with Skelegirl and Evil Lyn.
>>
File: IMG_2325[1].jpg (308 KB, 1306x980) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2325[1].jpg
308 KB, 1306x980
>>5592167
Lewd Evil-Lyn is objectively best Evil-Lyn,
>>
>>5591997
That's pretty nice. Would have changed a few things in terms of design, but overall not bad.
>>
File: IMG_5750.jpg (222 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5750.jpg
222 KB, 1500x1125
These are my four most recent MOTUC purchases. Huntara came in today, Webstor this past weekend, and Sssqueeze and Ninjor were almost two weeks ago.

Huntara is surprisingly great for such an under-priced figure. I managed to get her unopened and shipped for $21.

Webstor is a classic and is one of the last remaining holdouts that I needed to purchase to complete my Skeletor crew. Pretty jazzed to have him.

Sssqueeze is nice but there's a few areas it could have been improved, and you feel it as soon as you handle it.

Ninjor looks great, but man alive are those some crummy weapons. I stole the sword in my pic from an anime figure. Thankfully his chest armor is such that you can get him into a decent two-handed sword pose.
>>
>>5591997
would have been better if her head was a skull
>>
>>5595466
>Huntara is surprisingly great for such an under-priced figure.

I love Huntara as well. Who wouldn't want a space Grace Jones not-Jedi? I also recommend checking out NA Mara to go with her- she makes Me think of Slave Leia who decided to own that look and kick ass with it.
>>
>>5595523
I've been eyeing Mara for a while because she has such a low asking price, but I'm just not sold on her face. She looks a little demented, which in a way could be positive, but it's not what I expected. I think they were trying to make her look younger than the typical female MOTUC faces but they biffed it. And overall her outfit is pretty bland, so I'd just be buying her because she has a mace at the end of her hair.

If she drops below $18 and stays there like Hydron I might get her one day. She's just one of those figures where I don't want to get her unless I can do a combined shipping thing on ebay to get her for dirt cheap.
>>
>>5595523
>>5595466
>Huntara is surprisingly great for such an under-priced figure. I managed to get her unopened and shipped for $21

It pains me to see that the coolest Boba Fett like character from the cartoon is unappreciated by most people.
>Fucking plebs with 15 subscriptions who only want the main characters.
>>
>>5600005
Weird, since she won the fan-poll between her and Lord Masque, too.
>>
>>5600005
If it makes you feel any better I would gladly have her cost $200 and Fisto cost $20 right about now.
>>
I'm hoping they'll be releasing a second Tri-klops, especially since they're doing that filmation shit or whatever.
>>
>>5595466
Are those arms wire covered in rubber?I bet the'll be fucked in a few years.
Otherwise hilarious/10 figure.
>>
>>5600024
Yeah, but wasn't that poll held at NYCC or SDCC? Basically anyone walking by could vote for who they wanted whether they were a fan or not.
>>
>>5600174
>Are those arms wire covered in rubber
Yep.

>I bet the'll be fucked in a few years
Probably. MOTUC isn't exactly the most renowned line for quality control on unusual materials. I already noticed some stressing on the lighter green paint of the arms, right out of the package.

But the novelty of the character (and low price) won me over.
>>
>>5600174
>>5600434
sounds to me like it might not be a bad idea to make a mold of his arms(possibly several for different poses) to make some replacement arms out of resin or some other material that would last longer
>>
>>5600460
It was a $25 figure for me, so if my time with it is limited I'm fine with that.

Besides, the alternatives don't quite add up. Resin would be incredibly heavy and would make it (even more) difficult to balance. Each arm is almost 12" long and has a noticeably stiff ratchet in the shoulder just to counter the strain of the lightweight rubber when stretched out. If you were to make resin arms, any peg that you would use to connect the shoulder into the torso would be under massive constant strain.
>>
Heads up, Anti-Eternia He-Man will be available for the Early Access bullshit on the 14th of this moth. $30, max 3.
>>
>>5600489
Non-subscribers will not be able to get it from the matty site ever, right? Can't wait till I have to pay $55 to get it from some ebay asshole.
>>
>>5600498
I think he will also be available on matty collector for non-subscribers, but as a 'chase' figure, you get to suffer the bullshit of never quite knowing when that will be.

So, good fucking luck. That being said, I did see gummy ghost Hordak a few times, but passed on it because I wasn't interested.
>>
>>5600467
well I suggested resin mostly cause it's the simplest thing to use for this sort of project to my knowledge, although sounds to me like some replacement arms for him would be a perfect shapeways project for someone to do and sell

well either that or check and find out if there's any other MOTUC figures that have arms close enough in color to his to steal(and are common enough to be parts fodder) once that happens(after checking it seems at first glance either Whiplash or Demo-Man would be the closest choices), even if that results in the loss of his unique gimmick
>>
>>5600489
>3 limit
I bet we'll see scalpers on ebay with more than ten available. Hell, I bet bbts will sell through a few cases at $120 per figure
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.