[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USPS IS FUCKING ME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: usps-logo.png (127 KB, 1024x814) Image search: [Google]
usps-logo.png
127 KB, 1024x814
This shit is so fucking annoying.

I was expecting a figure in the mail today, and I went out for a bit and the package was marked as 'undeliverable as addressed'.

Now, usually when this happens, I can pick it up at the post office or itll be redelivered the next day. But this time, for some reason it's saying 'will be returned to seller if information is available'.

Like, what the absolute fuck? They're not holding this shit? I can't have this package returned...
I tried e-mailing some e-mail, but the USPS contact page is literally BROKEN.

Is this their contact email
[email protected]?

Does anyone know if I can salvage this package before they ship it out? Besides that e-mail is there anything else I can do? Of course it's fucking Sunday tomorrow. I'll call first thing Monday morning, but this is ridiciulous though...
>>
>>5502676
they're holding it. go to your post office and get it.
They hold it for something like 2 weeks before they ship it back.
>>
>>5502676
Why is your address a problem? Show up or call on monday - they usually take four to seven days to return to sender.
>>
Postal Worker here.

You're fine. Just go in there on Monday.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (110 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
110 KB, 720x720
>>5502676
So let me get this straight, an address that has worked before but with 50/50chance it even delivers?

Do you live in the sticks or are the USPS guys that fucking retarded?

I'd hate to say try ringing them but if the post offices near you aren't holding it you've got no choice, sometimes going word to word works.

Man and I thought Australia Post was stupid, but all they do is card me despite the fact I'm walking right up to them as I see them roll up, the cunts
>>
>>5502698
I've hand mandarake fuck up my address pretty severely before. Everything was right when I entered it, everything was right in the confirmation email, but on the actual package all it had was my house number and the first letter of my street.
International packages don't get shipped back for even longer than normal packages. It's just going to be sitting at op's post office.
>>5502676
an no, that's not their email. you're better off calling them though. I think I still have their number in my phone, let me check
>>
>>5502712
nevermind, I don't have it in my phone. it's written down somewhere and I can't be assed to find it right now. but you shouldn't need to call them.
>>
File: 1447599825101.jpg (41 KB, 220x261) Image search: [Google]
1447599825101.jpg
41 KB, 220x261
>>5502676
Oh man are you me OP? They did this to me today and I was freaking here when they did it. Pissed me off so much, and the USPS guy I talked to was such an asshole, even though he got it taken care of.
>get stuck in LA for two weeks
>finally delivers, but said I wasn't present even though I was home the whole time
>redelivered it to a post office closed on weekends
>work on weekdays during the only times they are open
>lol guess we'll send it back to the international seller!
I hate USPS man. I am having them redeliver next weekend but it still makes me mad. Have to cancel my plans for the day possibly.
>>
>>5502752
I shouldn't risk saying anything (lol superstition), but my PO has been amazing lately. Lots of packages of all kinds always delivered, from international shippers, too. A year ago, they would never have even attempted a signature delivery, but now they actually bring that shit with them instead of just slapping a sticker on my door. It's postal bliss.
>>
>>5502694
>>5502698
>>5502705
Thanks everyone
I fiigured as much but still kind of panicked when I saw that notice, kind of a silly notice to have on tracking.

Appreciate it though, I'll just call Monday morning to make sure and go in that afternoon.

>>5502706
I don't really get what's up with my shit building. I live in Manhattan though. But they need to buzz up to get in, and they always try like all of the apartments, so most of the time they get in but sometimes they don't, and it's shit.
I really don't know who's problem it is, if its theirs or if my landlord didn't give them a key or some shit? Not sure how it works or what's going on really.

>>5502712
cool, thanks though!

>>5502725
lol yea thats insane
>>
>>5502776
If they need to be buzzed in , and you are not home then , it's your problem. Your package is register so it'll need a signature so they will not drop off your package if you r not home . Buzzing other apt is up to the delivery guy , since some neighbors don't like it . If your buzzer don't work because you have no landline , then you can left a post-it note with instructions for them ., following your instructions is also up to them , since they are doing you a favor .

With the newer intercoms , most landlords will allow you to use your cell phone number so you can buzz people in when you r not home , works great for packages that don't need signatures .

Also going to the post office that's in charge of your zip code is your best bet to solve your issues , the phone never seem to work.

Just a heads up for apt building , your main lobby area with your mailboxes or those new electric lockers are the official delivery drop zone including your Mgr office of course . That means if your order heavy bed frames , safes, mattress , tvs, do not expect it to be carry to yoir front door , especially if you live on the top floor with no elevators .
>>
>>5502829
Thanks.
Yep, I understand it's "my" problem but that's kind of ridiculous since I have no control with how my building works.

But yeah I don't know, maybe I'll try and talk to the landlord and see about that cell phone number thing, because it's really ridiculous that it's so hard to get packages into my building.
>>
File: USPS.jpg (550 KB, 1600x830) Image search: [Google]
USPS.jpg
550 KB, 1600x830
>ITT: idiots who live in blissful ignorance of what our job is really like

My favorite is this faggot >>5502752 , who is bitching about how the fucking Chicago sort facility is backed up. 10 million people to service every single day. If you're so smart why don't you get in there and show 'em how its done, dingus.
>>
>>5502900
>postman pretending he has a difficult job
topkek
if you're too dumb to sort mail, you really shouldn't be working for the post office.
>>
>>5502923

Yeah thats all it is. Like I said, blissful ignorance

>>5502917

>FedEx
>competent

LOL they hand off pallets to us every day, you mad stupid bitch.
>>
I just had a package go from Japan to New York, through Indianapolis (destination), and is currently sitting in Chicago. I'm mildly afraid.
>>
>>5502942
I had a package coming to california go from florida, to texas, to new york. it sat there for 3 days until I called them and they gave me some bullshit excuse. magically the next day it was on its way here again.
>>
>>5502934
You should be thinking about how to do your job better instead of insulting people over the Internet. :^)
>>
>>5502839
it's not ridiculous, it happens with lots of APT buildings. People order everything online now, and there's packages coming in everyday. Which is why some landlord or new building setup a system for receiving packages for their residents. There's still many building with missing doorbell, or broken door bells to their units. It'll be up to you to make it work or move to a different place.
If you have a dry cleaners near your place, or a regular corner store that you go all the time you can ask if they will revive packages for you. My old cleaners use to charge me $1 for every package I sent with their address.
>>
>>5502676

Ya'll people have no idea.

I work for USPS. We have to deliver stuff, by law. Its not worth jail or losing our jobs over some dumbass not getting his figma.

However, I will say that companies sometimes mess up the apartment info. We can't remember absolutely everyone on our routes, and when we have days off, other carrier cover for us. They remember those numbers less. If the package is not numbered or addressed correctly, we bring it back to the post office. We (as carriers) literally don't have the time to search around for someone. Our supervisors are constantly harrying us to meet time deadlines. Our routes are long and our job is not easy. If we could guarantee every package gets to the rightful person, I would sleep better. But reality is, sometimes shit happens.

We keep the misaddressed at the post office for a time. It gets checked against thousands of records of forwards and if no one name or address turns up, it gets returned to sender. If your tracking says "undeliverable" it 99% that the address was either bad, or illegible, etc.

If it says "business closed" its because your leasing office was closed, or it was too late to deliver it to you (likely we got called back before penalty overtime).

Check that the companies you order from have updated address info for you. Getting an express shipped is good to, because USPS really take care of that shit.

Also, make sure your name written in your mailbox somewhere. Some carriers wont deliver unless they know that the name is current.

When in doubt. Try not to blame the post office. We try very hard to get the mail out every single day. Carriers work over 50 hours a week to accomplish that. Most problems stem from misaddressed on bad forwards for residences. But we are human too. We can make mistakes sometimes. All we can do is try our best.

Sincerely,
a Post office guy
>>
>>5502676
they probably gave it to some little black kid
you live and you learn (-_-)
>>
>>5502776
I live in brooklyn and delivers are fine 90% of the time but thats the delivery part. The parts in between sender and getting to my post office before delivery is almost always dante must die difficulty
>>
>>5503463
I say this unironically: thank you for your service.

It still blows my mind I can order something from the other side of the world and expect it at my door within a couple days.

When I was a kid we still had those "4-6 week" catalogs for toys.
>>
>>5503463
I don't blame the post office guys, I blame the crazy system. I don't know how you guys are able to quickly get mail sent around so quickly when it hits the actual town.

My beef is I literally had a package get from China to LA in two days, and then it sat in LA for two week (I live 7 hours from LA). I don't get it, and then it took another 3 days to leave California after LA. No idea how it works, but it seems backwards at times.
>>
>>5504257
Customs, it's nothing but stoners and wifebeaters
I'm surprised the employees get paid on time
>>
>>5503463
OP here. Yeah, I wasn't trying to shit on usps workers as a whole. But the fact is, I do know what happened in this situation. They rang my bell, the address WAS correct, I just wasn't there.

Basically, someone messed up by posting the message to my tracking that my package would be returned to the sender. From what I'm hearing in this thread that is incorrect anyways and they won't do that, so it's odd to post that message.
Anyways though as you said sometimes shit happens but yes I do thank you for your service!
>>
>>5502934
I have a question about sort facilities if you don't mind. I usually order through amiami and my package is normally routed through the chicago sort facility with no problems,however this time I used evay and it's being routed through the LA facility. How is the reputation of the LA sort facility? Should I be expecting my package to be delayed?
>>
>live in Hawaii
>If order goes to Richmond, CA post office add three weeks to delivery time
>Happens 50% of the time
>Post Office has hundreds of negative yelp reviews from HI locals
I've even had Richmond send my package to Walnut,CA twice( on the same package btw) the second time Walnut put a large 'Lost Rush' sticker on it
>>
>>5506811
I seriously don't fucking understand when these odd Post Offices have like a million NEGATIVE ass reviews, how nothing fucking gets done.

FIRE SOMEONE.
HIRE SOMEONE NEW.

SOMEONE IS BEING AN ASSHOLE AND NEEDS TO BE FUCKING FIRED, I DONT CARE WHAT >>5503463 SAYS, FIRE THE FUCKING ASSHOLES AT THE POST OFFICE AND HIRE BETTER WORKERS
>>
>>5502900
>work in newspaper industry
>thanks to Republicunt Congress, USPS has to spend all their budget on pretend shit instead of real shit
>hubs closing down all around the Midwest
>the hub nearby closed, so now all mail goes 200 miles further for processing
>continually getting calls from angry Republican subscribers demanding to know why their paper is coming later than it used to
>no matter how many times I explain that it's because the hubs were forced to close, they think yelling into the phone at a louder volume will allow me to magically get their paper delivered on time

USPSanon, I feel your pain.
>>
>>5506824
Hiring someone new doesn't always solve the problem. You do you think applies to work at the post office?
>>
Well this is probably the best thread to ask this.

I ordered a few figures from Japan about a month ago and they're scheduled to arrive by the 26th. The problem is that the tracking hasn't updated since the 4th. What is the chance my package will actually arrive this week?
>>
>>5503463
>Its not worth jail or losing our jobs over some dumbass not getting his figma.
all a postal worker has to do is scan the shit and say it was delivered. I sent my sister 2 packages over the holidays, both were "delivered to her door", even though security cameras showed otherwise, but neither package was ever delivered. The post office has basically said she's shit out of luck and to try to file a claim in a month.
I'm sure a vast, vast majority of postal workers aren't shitbags. but that doesn't mean none are. Most of the times I've had problems with the post office, it wasn't the fault of a mailman anyway, just the fault of some desk jockey that can't do their job.
>>5504481
Did you go to the post office today? did you get your shit?
>>
>>5502776
>I live in Manhattan

There's your problem. Delivering anything to NY and the surrounding area is a nightmare.

I won't even ship there when I sell on ebay unless the buyer pays extra for signature confirmation. It's literally the shittiest place to mail anything in the US.
>>
>>5506824
Dude it's a government post office
What are you going to do? Go through Canadian mail next time?
>>
>>5507386
Actually the mailman probably did delivered the packages , just in the wrong building or the wrong street . If the normal mailman in your area is sick , then you get a coverage guy that probably don't know the area . The ups guy delivered all the 2020 Franklin St packages to my building today all in the lobby of 2030 . Lol
>>
>>5507386
Ha, yes i got it thanks. Oddly enough, it was delivered successfully on monday while i was at work; I guess someone buzzed in that day. I was a little preempitvely worried (because of misleading tracking)
>>
File: sri32.jpg (40 KB, 800x579) Image search: [Google]
sri32.jpg
40 KB, 800x579
>>5502676

>buy item and pay for insurance and tracking.

>Mail man delivers item to wrong house and bitchs at me when I confront him the next day saying hes been doing his job for 40yrs

>Seller calls me a "Fucking liar that just wants to get the item and money back" and wont make an insurance clam for me.

>Walk 20 mins to the Post office and get told only the person who sends the item can file for the insurance money.

>Call ebay and get outsourced to india.

>Some indian guy named "John Smith" says sorry theres nothing we can do about this since the item was delivered.

>Tell them seller cursed me out in the email.
>They say they will look into it but cant tell me what the outcome will.

End of story I'm out $85 and no figure.
Last fucking time I buy on ebay
>>
>>5510985
it's not ebays' fault, though.

not sure what you could do in this case, though.
>>
>>5510985
try to open a dispute or smth
>>
>figure came from China last week
>it's been sitting in New York sort facility since

How the fuck do I get them to get off their asses and send my toy? I've never had this kind of issue with shipping from China before
>>
>>5510985
Dispute eBay charge, or cancel the PayPal charge. You never received your item so it's not your responsibility.

I've had a couple sellers not ship items and I've always got my money back.
>>
How the fuck do you track a package with the number LS#########CN?
>>
>>5506824
>Government Job
>Fire
Dude, you have no idea how cushy the life of a fed is, do you? It's virtually impossible to get fired. If you're really, really incompetent to the point of gross negligence or massive PR nightmare, they'll move you to a different department, but there's no firing a fed.

That said, if you get a veteran or two to raise a big stink because their grandkid's packages/paper benefits/letter from their dr. got lost/delayed because of that particular office, you can usually get an investigation and a slight increase in service, especially during an election year.
>>
>>5502900

Just put it on a parachute and land it on my roof!
>>
>>5511248
Use this for now.
http://www.trackingmore.com/china-post-tracking.html

Once it enters USA, you will be able to track it from the USPS website
>>
>>5511195
If you shipping is not express, then it can sit there for over 2 weeks, or whenever they have free time to deal with your package.
>>
File: mfw_butthead.jpg (201 KB, 625x933) Image search: [Google]
mfw_butthead.jpg
201 KB, 625x933
>>5510985

You're not out shit you fucking moron. eBay has a money back guarantee that makes selling on eBay a nerve wracking nightmare. Its playing Russian roulette with four bullets in the chamber.

Literally all you have to do is tell eBay you didn't get it. They'll fuck over the seller and you get the money back and maybe even the toy should it wind up at your house.

eBay is a crooked game, I don't know why anyone sells on it when transactions are so heavily skewed against the sellers, WHO MAKE EBAY EXIST.
>>
>>5511622
ily, anon.
>>
>>5511656
>Literally all you have to do is tell eBay you didn't get it. They'll fuck over the seller and you get the money back and maybe even the toy should it wind up at your house.

That's why you should always use signature confirmation. If the package has a signature, ebay and paypal will always side with the seller.

A buyer once claimed to have not received a package I sent even though I had a signature for it. Long story, short...his mom signed for the package and the mailman put her name in the computer. I had the proof he was full of shit. Once all of the facts came out, I got the buyer banned from Ebay and had his Paypal account closed and they seized his funds he had in the account.
>>
>>5511656
How could you possibly get away with something or even explain in the situation that with tracking, and delivery confirmation, you still didn't get it? I simply don't see a way to get your money back in a case like that. My mother purchased a pair of LV sunglasses, and she never got them, but they showed up as delivered. It was a clean cut case and she got absolutely no help for that. Maybe she can still dispute it, but what proof can I possibly bring up to help?
>>
*knock, knock*
>>
>>5511656
Because buyers are the ones who put all the money into eBay. All their profits come from buyers' purchases. If buyers don't trust them, they won't make any money, so they have a vested interest in protecting buyers.
>>
>>5513029
That way of thinking is what's killing ebay.
Their profit comes from Seller and only sellers.
They need to refocus on their sellers.

There are lest and less sellers on ebay now. Guess what, buyers can't buy shit if no one is selling it.

If they really believe their profits comes from buyers only, then they should charge buyer a fee for buying instead of a fee for selling.
>>
>>5513056
If they focus soley on protecting sellers then no one will buy from them. With the amount of times a seller has tried to jew me over, I would immediately stop buying from eBay if they were to remove their buyer protections.

I'm sorry you're butthurt about people's money being protected, but that's the way it has to be. eBay's money doesn't come from sellers; sellers are allowed to use eBay as a market to sell to buyers. Since you're using a private website to sell your goods, you should expect to have to follow their rules.

If you don't like it, you can try selling your shit on Craigslist for pennies on the dollar to local grandmas.
>>
>>5513056
>If they really believe their profits comes from buyers only, then they should charge buyer a fee for buying instead of a fee for selling.

This. Ebay makes money from listing fees, which are charged to the person selling the item. Yes they need to protect buyers too so that the site remains a legitimate place people want to shop from, but as far as actual income, Ebay makes literally zero money from buyers.
>>
Did the new year just destroy EMS? None of my tracking numbers work. Either they don't show up in the system/says overdue or they're for a completely different shipment that was delivered 3 months ago.
>>
I pre ordered something and chose SAL cause I'm a cheap ass
It's too late to change it now, it will never arrive whenever it ships
>>
>>5502900
>>5503463
Naw, fuck you guys.
>>
>request to hold package for pickup at post office
>there is not enough information to process your request
How? There's one damn USPS in my zip code, and all of my mail goes through there.
>>
>>5510992
>>5510995
>>5511196
>>5511656
I'm pretty sure it's to late to do anything about it now. This happened back in 2007. I've seen a shit load of stuff on ebay I've wanted to buy but after that day I've never used the site again. I use Amazon. It might have less selection and higher prices but if anything goes wrong they have always credited me back.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.