[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot figure as drawing reference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: P-Body.png (62 KB, 200x445) Image search: [Google]
P-Body.png
62 KB, 200x445
I had no idea a figurine of pic related existed and now that I've seen the 3A toy I want it really badly.

This is the first time I've ever looked into this kind of thing, so can you guys suggest other figures of robots with similar designs and exposed joints and pistons I can use as drawing reference?

I already use miniatures of other things and they're extremely useful.
Even things that are not strictly robots (e.g. excavator etc.) but have great movable joints would help a lot.
>>
File: drossel_again_by_don_ko-d5erws7.jpg (110 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
drossel_again_by_don_ko-d5erws7.jpg
110 KB, 1191x670
>>5493701
i will take it your not from here.
but heres one that is worshipped here like a queen.

Say hello to Drossel
>>
Mechatro wego
>>
>>5493874
I admit I'm not a fan of the design but I've seen a few videos and it's amazingly articulated.

For that price tag, I'd still get the P-Body. Is there any place in Europe for second hand figures? I don't really care about packaging.
>>
>>5493701

OP, I realize they look tempting but don't. If you look at reviews you'll know they're very flimsy and can't even hold their portal guns. And they're HUGE.

Try and find the NECA ones instead - they're smaller, more manageable and definitely a lot more stable. May not be as poseable or premium-looking, but they're good for what you need.
>>
>>5494877
The problem I have with the NECA ones is they're not posable at all, and what I'm looking for apart from the design is working articulation.

If I could find something as posable as >>5493874 but on a lower price it would be perfect. Should I give up hope on finding something like this at, say, 50€?
>>
>>5494877
I dont know about this.
I own the neca ones.... and i kind of regret it. because they are really delicate....
and even the arm of the ball one broke. and long one had the hips comming out because the glue did not work properly....
If you can find some good working or cheap, i guess it would be fine, but you have to be extremply gentle.
>>
File: 1429788679384.png (76 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1429788679384.png
76 KB, 160x160
>>5494877
>OP wants toy thats posable and has pistons and shit for a drawing reference like 3A P-b
>you tell him to get the cheaper less posable, crappy one without anything that OP is wanting
>>
>>5500433
Yeah absolutely, I'm primarily looking for something that I can study. I'm used to studying miniatures and a nicely made robot toy would be perfect for that.

My only issue is damn, they're expensive as heck. Is there a used market for this stuff?
>>
>>5502019
You could try eBay.
>>
>>5502527
I can only find something Drossel related on eBay. I was hoping for some more specific site dedicated to figure trades.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.