[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NECA Video Game Appearance General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: NECAVideoGameAppearanceGeneral.png (2 MB, 958x1030) Image search: [Google]
NECAVideoGameAppearanceGeneral.png
2 MB, 958x1030
Anyone else really into collecting this line? Just bought Freddy earlier.

Simon Belmont confirmed at ToyFair, which other original video game characters would you like to see?

How do you like to display them?
>>
Current checklist of figures released so far.
>>
File: DSC06820.jpg (506 KB, 1000x587) Image search: [Google]
DSC06820.jpg
506 KB, 1000x587
Some of Simon's accessories.
>>
File: DuckNuckum.gif (9 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
DuckNuckum.gif
9 KB, 320x200
>>5491410
we'll never get a Duke Nukum repaint of the DNF figure.
>>
File: TMNT_-_8-bit_-_00.png (5 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
TMNT_-_8-bit_-_00.png
5 KB, 320x240
>>5491410
I'd like to see some NES-based repaints of the old NECA turtles,that would be sweet.
>>
I like the ones that just have color schemes based on the game sprites. But when they actually have square pixels painted on, it looks terrible.
>>
>>5491448

Pretty sure those are probably in the works.
>>
is this god damn website loading images super slow for anyone else? i can't even look at toys on here...
>>
>>5491415
>Predator game, Hunter figure, no Dutch figure
Why Neca? Tell me Why?
>>
>>5491419
Does he not come with his vampire killer anymore?
>>
>>5491415

I have Voorhees 1, Freddy, Batman, Rocky and I have to say I am in love.
>>
File: 20160110_212948-1-1.jpg (2 MB, 1737x1462) Image search: [Google]
20160110_212948-1-1.jpg
2 MB, 1737x1462
>>5491549
While its not a purple Arnie I think Thermal Vision is a good stand in.
>>
Hopefully if Contra and Simon sell well we may finally get some MGS shit.
>>
>>5491448
That was heavily hinted at within like the first 2 minutes of Pixel Dan's video. Probably wont happen for a while though
>>
>>5491419
Why did they have to go with the pixels? I was really digging this sub-line before Godzilla.
If Simon was painted up like the Robocop ones, I would love it.
>>
>>5491611
Yeah, the pixel thing was a terrible direction for the line. Should've stuck to a cel-shaded look paying homage to the general look, without trying to actually place pixels.
>>
>>5491419
I can't believe we are getting this.
Thank you neca now I can get a Simon for cheap.
>>
>>5491410
Just put this in the NECA general you spamming shitehead.
>>
>>5492465
This, we don't need two generals with one being dedicated to gimmicky repaints.
>>
>NECA - /v/ edition

I approve
>>
File: Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg (23 KB, 482x356) Image search: [Google]
Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg
23 KB, 482x356
just throwing this in here. Itd be nice if they made a Captain N mold or recolor Belmont.
>>
>>5491622
You're really stupid you know that?
>>
>>5492498
they'll never pay the $outtheass fee that Dic wants for their stuff.
>>
>>5492465

I don't see why it can't have its own thread, it's a specific toyline now.

Figma and Nendoroids have separate threads.
>>
>>5492986
But those are for weeb faggots. They don't know any better.
>>
>>5492986
Figma and Nendoroid are two completely different toylines.

These Neca figures are literally straight up repaints of figures from their main lines, with the exception of Contra, but we'll probably get 'realistic' painted versions of those eventually too.
>>
>>5492499
The pixels look really garbage
I get what they were going for, but it was never the intention of the original pixel artists to have the characters actually look like colored boxes printed over each other.
Recolors like Jason or Batman are really cool and fun because they add something recognizable to the design to set it apart. That Simon just looks like the painting system fucked up.
>>
>>5493004
The pixel look is one of the better changes to the line. It looks great on Giji and Simon. I don't understand how someone can think it doesn't work. It's practically the best way to do some of these figures.
>>
>>5493118
The pixels look fine in places where busy designs are to be expected, like the pants on the Contra characters.
There is no excuse to have such awful paint on any character's skin like Simon's or all over the detailing.

And no, this is not "the only way" to do these designs because the designs themselves on a screen were never intended to look like hard, printed squares. The usage of contrasting colors in pixel art is meant to ENHANCE depth and add shading to the design; these paint apps do the opposite.
Having the highlights of Simon's body and detailing contrast to the shadowed/low-lit areas the way the Robocop model was done is a much better design.
>>
So what are the odds someone could convince NECA to re-tool the Interstellar mold into a classic Doomguy?
>>
>>5492499
You are a colossal faggot and pixel paint looking like trash is a fine opinion.
>>
The Contra figs are the wrong colors, fuck NECA.
>>
>>5494589

You're a monster faggot and your opinion is trash.

>>5493141

Simon looks good, if you don't like it, don't buy it. You'll regret it when the thing goes up in price on the aftermarket though.
>>
>>5491410
I dont even collect this line, but im thinking of getting simon bellmont only to get the goblin included with it, aswell as to make the inevitable game master jokes.
>>
>>5494764
I sure as hell am not buying that Simon, and why would I regret it when a figure I have 0% interest in goes up in price?
From my point of view it's just idiots paying more money for shit that had paint spilled on it.
>>
>>5494598

Konami had the final approval on what colors they should be.
>>
>>5495325
Nope, nothing to do with Konami. It's NECA's screw-up.
>>
>>5495341
It's not exactly screw up, they used the SNES sprites which had more detail to base them off of. It's only wrong because they marketed it with the NES boxart.
>>
>>5495376
Neva said that Konami had final say over the colors of the contra guys and said the these "wrong colors" we're what they wanted. Psyched for Simon but would rather get a Simon from castlevania 2 figure.
>>
So Robocop vs Terminator figures aren't considered part of the Video Game Appearance line? That's weird.
>>
>>5495954
Weird, I think they're the best ones they've made. Articulation is lacking, but the paint jobs are great.
>>
File: gay prego.jpg (77 KB, 481x359) Image search: [Google]
gay prego.jpg
77 KB, 481x359
>>5491410
is there going to be a Simon with non-retard paint apps?

What the fuck is the point of that shit, it makes both aspects that they were trying to put together look bad.
>>
>>5495954
Probably due to the boxes as dumb as that sounds.
>>
>>5495993
It's pretty wild that less-detailed repaints of previously released figures get higher prices due to an extra cardboard flap.
>>
>that simon
Castlevania 1 is my favorite castlevania and one of my favorite games ever but holy shit is that hideous. At the least the Bill and Lance came out pretty nice, kinda upset at the reverse coloring but we're never going to get any thing better.
>>
>>5495980
Unlikely, Simon Belmont was released as a normal figure like 5+ years ago. This one is a repaint, I can't see them re-releasing the original since their Player Select line seems to be dead, and an 'ultimate' Simon Belmont seems extremely unlikely at this point.
>>
>>5496017
it looks like some aztec artwork
>>
>>5496018

Dude, Simon came out way longer ago than that. Probably closer to like, 8-10 years ago.
>>
>>5496017
>Castlevania 1 is my favorite castlevania

someone who has never played SOTN or later.
>>
>>5496059
Not everyone likes Metroidvanias. Not me, but they're such different types of games I understand liking one and not the other.
>>
>>5496059
But those later games don't quite have the same movement and aesthetic as the NES games.
>>
>>5496071
On the contrary, SOTN is just begging for a quality retro-style release. Those sprites are fucking gorgeous.
They could always re-tool Simon into Richter.
>>
>>5496071
>don't quite have the same movement

you mean jerky and stiff? Well that's why I prefer them because falling into pits because a medusa head knocked you into it wasn't fucking fun.

>>5496063
I know AVGN hates them.... but he likes feces way too much, he can't edit special effects worth a shit and he's generally a dishonest fuck in his reviews.
>>
>>5496120
AVGN has admitted that he barely played videogames growing up, the majority of his knowledge of the medium comes from Mike Matei who is not exactly a voice of reason.
>>
>>5496102
>Those sprites are fucking gorgeous.

But that's exactly why they wouldn't really work in this line. They're too detailed. Beautiful spritework, of course. But the whole point of the line is to homage how old games represented iconic characters with a very limited color set and pixels. VGA Alucard would just be the same thing as the old toy.
>>
>>5496123

Youre a fucking moron
>>
>>5496120
>I know AVGN hates them
>Bringing up internet celebrities on any board apart from /tv/

Newfag please learn.
>>
>>5496123

It's more that he grew up in the NES/SNES/Genesis era, so he holds those types of games more closely than Playstation/N64 and beyond.

He really wasn't all that familiar with anything past Super Castlevania IV.
>>
>>5496169
I'm a fucking moron for repeating something that Rolfe has stated openly himself?
Are you the same retard who has been calling everyone that criticized that shitty Simon Belmont paintjob an idiot?
Grow the fuck up you actual child.
>>
>>5496144
It'd be about as detailed as the vga T-800s and those look sick
>>
>>5496120
man, you must be really fucking dumb
>jerky and stiff

Movements had specific timing, and so did enemy movements. Getting accustomed to the rhythm is part of the fun - Being able to clear a hallway without taking a single hit, or dealing with skeleton worms while dodging all their fireballs... The Medusa heads clearly travel in sin/cos waves, which are easy to predict, which is a part of getting gud, which you clearly did not do.
>>
>>5496369
I like the old CV games but infinite enemy respawn and knock back fucking sucks and are big negative marks against it.
>>
>>5496379
>two of the main elements of the gameplay are the game's biggest flaws
Uhhh
>>
>>5496554
He's probably some casual who grew up with COD and on-rails indie games.
>>
>>5496577
>on-rails indie games
I think that basically describes half this thread, given that so many people are creaming themselves over the more recent disgustingly lazy pixelshit in this particular line.
>>
>>5496059
Actually I have, aria of sorrow was my first castlevania and is probably in my top 3 castlevanias.
>>
>>5496554
Look I know it was designed that way but it doesnt mean its not bad design. Ninja gaiden NES suffers the same bullshit towards the end as well.
>>
>>5500444
Ninja Gaiden gives you too many obstacles to react to realistically. Castlevania gives you a set amount of obstacles that can be realistically handled and punishes you for fucking up. It's not the greatest game design by any means but it certainly doesn't hurt the game if you play with some forethought
>>
>>5500458
after trial and erroer
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.